UMC Health System Employee Reviews

Awesome job
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 19, 2017
I love working for UMC!! They have done everything to keep me a happy employee!! Their insurance is reasonable and affordable. They work with you and your department to make sure all your needs are satisfied
Alot of work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMay 30, 2017
Great place to work if you don't mind cleaning. Alot of manual labor. Great place if you like being by yourself. Quiet enjoyable work experience. You work by yourself and get your job done and go home. Nice place to work.
Pros
No one hovering over you.
Cons
Alot of rooms to clean.
Very rewarding workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 24, 2017
I loved being a part of such an amazing group of people that genuinely care about the good of others. I made many life long friends working here and the management was great.
Awesome
I served as Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 18, 2017
UMC is a great place to work. The culture at UMC is the best in any place I have worked. The management and my coworkers are all great to work with. There is a lot of support
Pros
attitude of everyone
Cons
working nights
Management is atrocious!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Only work here if you want to be worked beyond normal limits. Workload is more than any one person can do. Short staffed due to multiple employees are targeted and fired frequently. Bad rep in town due to this.
Pros
Nice bonus yearly.
Cons
Management, administrative support, workloads and high stress environment.
Only good place for nurses; nobody else
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 14, 2017
No paramedic, which is able to think on his own, would even contemplate working here. In most corporate environments the goals are to maximize efficiency by developing process improvement plans and implementing them in a responsible manner. UMC EMS wants robots that are NOT problem solvers, demand absolute alegience, eliminate ALL who dissent. Management is poor at best. The top tier are liars, cheaters, and widely held as laughable.

I'd have given management fewer than 1 star, but it won't allow it. Lots of managers...NO LEADERS
Pros
Great place to work for "The in crowd"
Cons
Management, Extortion of employees for grievances lying managers
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2017
All is well with this employer. very busy but maintained well balance. Everyone fun to work with as well as a please to interact with the patients.
not a team work environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2017
UMC can provide good pt. care but not enough employees to provide care to those pt.as a PCT. it's so hard to take care 30 bed pt. with out any help.we have pool PCT and Sitters to help with the unit. Pt. care during the week can be a wall to wall staffing care to provide durning the wk day but the week end is very poor.
Pros
we received 100.00 deducted from our pay ck. which is helpful
Cons
short breaks
Great job, terrible management
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Working for UMC was a conflicting experience. I learned a lot and made some great friends and connections for the future, HOWEVER the management from the Sterile Department changes too often, and those in supervisory and lead positions abuse their powers, and do not help. My job quickly became miserable. It is sad to see a supervisor come in and complain that there is work to do at a level one trauma hospital...
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay, good co-workers
Cons
It was fun helping people out and greeting them
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 18, 2016
My day at work be good because I love to greet people and help others out. I've learned that dust comes everyday in a hospital and a hospital always have germs. My managers were very helpful people. My coworkers were always helpful people, when u needed help they was always there. The hardest part of the job was when everybody call in and you had to do they areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everybody got together as a team when we were short.
great company!
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 11, 2016
This is a greta company to wok for! I have nothing but positive things to say about UMC. Management has been fair and great to work for. Teamwork is also great!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMC Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5