umc Employee Reviews

Good place
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 5, 2018
It is a good place to work at. People are very nice to work with. No problems with no one there at work. Coworkers are nice and the doctors are awesome.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
a typical and productive day as a sterile processing technician
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2018
The job of a sterile processing technician changes from day-to-day & from workplace-to-workplace. Sterile processing technicians jobs are important to patient care, even though they do not work directly with patients. Technicians are responsible for washing, sterilizing, cooling, assembling, packaging, storing, and delivering surgical and procedural instruments to different hospital and clinic departments.
Day to Day
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79415January 2, 2018
On a day to day basis you interact with multiple insurances and patient records. Making calls and interacting with others is a majority of the day. It is a great place to work.
stressful work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 21, 2017
I feel that UMC was a stressful work environment. Patients most of the time were very seek and required lots of nursing intervention. They dealt with Patients that were a bit sicker than most..
Pros
got my hours
Cons
stressful
Looking for a company that treat you like family
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 7, 2017
It will be okay. The manager still follow the book listen to the drivers and help out a lot appreciate out the driver there would be no show especially on Baltimore
Pros
I drivers in Baltimore ftee lunch somtime
Cons
Set status everybody
Enjoyable patients
Staff rn ob high risk (Former Employee) –  MississippiOctober 16, 2017
Ob high risk, learned how to provide healthcare working towards delivery of health babies.
some of the patients were teenagers and had difficulty accepting limitatins, bedrest.
Pros
assisting women achieve healthy pregnancy
Cons
fetal demise
Excellent facility geared toward quality of care of patients. Great continuing education program. Seamless movement between units if desired.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Typical shifts as RN in patient care areas such as floor or ICU consist of 12 hour shifts per day with occasional need to extend hours depending on patient census and needs of respective unit. UMC is a well run company. Only complaint is pay schedule is not comparable to majority of Texas facilities. PTO earnings per pay period and insurance/benefits are above board. Educational opportunities always available. Management very good at fostering and encouraging staff to progress based on skills and interests.
Pros
Educational advancement
Cons
Pay per hour
Umc
Patient Care tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 25, 2017
Ok workplaceto work at every job has there ups and downs. I trying to move up and better my position in life so I can see myself and careers where in my next 5years
Pros
Bus
Cons
Short breaks
productive, great employer to work for
PATIENT CARE ASST (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2017
Great learning hospital. Work environment is based on Team work, and is always staffed to provide great patient care and satisfaction. Great Employer.
Works in Same Day Surgery
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJJuly 27, 2017
I am grateful for all the wonderful things I have learned at Pascack however I am not currently happy with the direction in which the hospital is going. I am trying to find some new employment that will allow me to move up in my career path.
Pros
People are wonderful
Cons
Mgr staff poor, Pay poor, no room for advancement
Company that has good work but bad management
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
I had a good time working with the company unroll I met the Garcia brothers no way would I wish for anyone to work with a company that has no representation in the city you work in also no reviews no raises no time to utilize your benifets
Pros
Great work experiences
Cons
Nepotism, no room for new ideas all heads work outta state no evaluations or hr
Excellent learning hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Well baby nurseryApril 14, 2017
I would like to say I have been a team member for 33 years...we have had many changes...To make our patients care each individualized as each patient is special ..to care with utmost care and dignity..We have to remember our patients have a choice where to go and it is a pleasure to give excellent care... I have had the opportunity to become a CLC..and many opportunities to use this skill..the hardest part of my job is to not have more time with each patient...I love my job and am very grateful to b a team player
Pros
Nursing education reimbursement..medical staff are always available
Cons
Occasionally we are short staffed and makes it tough for teaching education at a higher level
okay
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 12, 2017
Hospital is no longer funded by state. It has become privately own and operated. Hospital was an excellent place to work. The ability to learn and grow was always offered.
fun work filled environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodrow WilsonApril 5, 2017
Cleaning the patient rooms and getting to know them is fun because everyone has a different personality . However 8-10 hours or more of cleaning the rooms you of course begin to get tired but hey somebody got to do it
Pros
as much overtime as you want
Cons
you see so much like blood and bowels and smells
Its a county hospital excellent benefit package
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 28, 2016
With all the new clinic popping it will surely be the best place to work within a few years, I lerned alot there. Very good benefit package
Cons
County benefits, Modern place
Loved it
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 14, 2016
Loved making a difference in the llives of children and babies. Made me happy and sad sometimes. But it was great. The hardest part was losing a patient.
Productive workplace
CMM Operator (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work at UMC would intail getting right into a rushed atmosphere while still being able to maintain a high level of productivity.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Short Breaks, Employee training.
Very challenging and exciting
Interim Safety Officer/Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 11, 2016
Many positive changes going on right now. Good time to start here.
Management is eager to move forward and make a difference.
Time
assist his needs (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
I took good care of my son, he was very sick during this time and Umc was a great place. They treated my family very well it i was very thankful.
Productive company and a wonderful team to be apart of.
House Keeping Associate, Support Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2016
I thought the management at University medical center took very good care of all of the employees. A typical day at wok I spent cleaning and talking to the patients. I liked the job and it was a great company to be apart of.