UMDNJ Employee Reviews

no thank you
Clinical Assistant Professor - Voluntary (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickOctober 2, 2017
this entity no longer exists . this 150 character minimum is silly. I really prefer not to answer this at all I am oly writing to fulfill the 150 character limit
As a resident, a good program
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 22, 2017
A good program to have training. Good balance of academic and clinical work. Also go to VA and another community hospital. Would recommend to work there.
workplace culture
Medical Office Assistant-Outpatient Rehab Dept (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2017
Great place to exceed in your career as well as schooling. Great benefits and great employees and employers. Its very multicultural place of work, you will find people of all cultures.
i volunteered
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 20, 2017
i was only a volunteer at this facility. i enjoyed being there. i can only guess how the employees feel. Overall its an environment where you need to be on top of your game. You need to be focused. They were averagely friendly people.
Very diverse environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 18, 2017
The University Hospital is a separate, independent medical center with 519 licensed beds, an active medical staff of more than 600 and more than 3,100 employees. We are a regional resource for advanced care in a wide range of medical specialties. We are home to northern New Jersey’s Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases and the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Wonderful place to work for.
Program Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 7, 2017
A great Institution to get a degree and also work in. Professors and staff are always there to mentor you. My co workers were great and always found the time to help out whenever you needed anything. I truly miss this Hospital and Medical School.
The University Hospital
Director of Perfusion Services (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 28, 2017
Typical University setting a teaching hospital with absolutely no money. Forced to work with ancient equipment and people who just don't care anymore.
Pros
wide variety of cases
Cons
Old equipment, poor work place attitude
You have to be lucky
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 11, 2017
If you work for a great manager, you'll go far. If you're hired under the wrong one, it will set you back. Some managers are fantastic, some managers will make you rethink your career path. Do as much research as possible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be set up for failure
UMDNJ no longer exist as a company
Supervisor Revenue Cycle Department (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 13, 2017
It was a great place to work! However, they were merged with Rutgers University. I love the time that I spent there and it did afford me numerous opportunities.
productive
Senior Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 7, 2017
Great place to work, great people, a lot a various projects to work on, learned a lot of different skills, management was good and fair, easy to communicate with.
Fun workplace
Member, Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 16, 2017
This was another great company to be in. I enjoyed the work environment as well as the interaction with the patients. It definitely was a great experience of working n a healthy environment.
Pros
great experience
Cons
needed more pay
Job Review
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 23, 2017
My daily day at work was challenging and demanding, through it all I have learned how to humble myself and patience. The Management team that I worked with was understanding and helpful when needed. the culture of the workplace was fun! My hardest part of my job was dealing with patient bereavement. The most enjoyable was the way we had a family like setting and made the best out of a stressful environment.
Productive work place, cant say it was fun.
Distribution Supervisor - Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 20, 2017
If you work hard no one can keep you from moving up. I dont have much to say i started as a EVS worker and worked my way up the ranks. I moved on to linen and from linen I moved on to Supply chain. and basically worked my way up the ranks in that department by learning all aspects of the department.
Accounts Receivables
Clinical Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I prefer to stay busy and busy is what it was. Daily.
The main problem I had was an easy fix, but my immediate supervisor was not that.......saavy.
benefits
Cons
immediate supervisor/supervisors were not necessarily "supervisor" material
Unit Clerk
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Updated admissions, discharges, and transfers in the hospital’s system
Served as liaison between patients, family, and internal staff
Answered telephones and greeted patients and visitors.
Coordinated lab and diagnostic imaging tests requested by physicians and nurses
Pros
Proximity
Cons
wages
Fast paced work enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work. You will get to know many different people. Depending on where you work, you will have fun. Some of the staff are horrible people.
Not worth your sanity
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2016
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Correctional nursing isn't for everyone and its not the inmates who you need to worry about. The only good thing is the medical benefits.
Pros
medical benefits and hours
Cons
staff
Good place to work with a lot of professional colleague
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work was very interesting dealing with the daily challenger of the organization. I learned to work very challenging environment. My upper management were very professional and down to earth. My co-workers were always willing to be team players. The hardest part of the job was the long commute from my house and dealing with the traffic during the rush hours at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions not only with the end users but also with the support team and the different contractors.
Pros
Full support from the in-house Physical Plant Group
Cons
The Procurement Policy
Nice workplace and nice work companions
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 28, 2016
i had a good experience at Umdnj I work for the hospital for a little as over 8 years as a pharmacy technician . The reason I left u had a car accident and was not able to perform my duties.
Pros
We had an hour lunch
Cons
Some work companions
Positive, Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJAugust 31, 2016
This place is an awesome place to work. They pay really well, entry level positions non clinical start out at around 43,000. You get raises and great benefits There is a team environment, everyone is pleasant and nice. The workload is not to heavy so you are able to have a good life work balance. Their is room for advancement and growth.
Pros
Advancement and Compensation