UMDNJ Employee Reviews

Positive, Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJAugust 31, 2016
This place is an awesome place to work. They pay really well, entry level positions non clinical start out at around 43,000. You get raises and great benefits There is a team environment, everyone is pleasant and nice. The workload is not to heavy so you are able to have a good life work balance. Their is room for advancement and growth.
Pros
Advancement and Compensation
Cons
Nice workplace and nice work companions
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 28, 2016
i had a good experience at Umdnj I work for the hospital for a little as over 8 years as a pharmacy technician . The reason I left u had a car accident and was not able to perform my duties.
Pros
We had an hour lunch
Cons
Some work companions
Not worth your sanity
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2016
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Correctional nursing isn't for everyone and its not the inmates who you need to worry about. The only good thing is the medical benefits.
Pros
medical benefits and hours
Cons
staff
Fast paced work enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work. You will get to know many different people. Depending on where you work, you will have fun. Some of the staff are horrible people.
Understand how to deal with conflict, appreciate positives and move on.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 3, 2016
Hectic, busy.... had to work well with others. Learned Visas, research, how to multi-task, and to know that others were willing to assist when needed. Very rewarding as you helped people on all career levels.
Descent work environment
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2016
Graduate intern I do not get the full experience of working at this facility. Caseloads are heavy due to low staffing. In need of more social workers. Coworkers I deal with are friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work is really fun. What i learned is that a cut on the human body needs to be washed away with water first. My coworkers were nice and helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive Activites
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2016
Reviews case load and assuring patients have their medical needs taken care of and transfer of services, if needed. Overall a great place to be employed...
Pros
Advancement
Cons
lack of funds
Great Experince
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 12, 2016
You never know what will be walking in to the door when you walk in to the ER. The nurses and Doctors were always ready for anything and made sure the family and patients felt comfortable.
Diverse, fast paced environment
Buyer/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 5, 2015
Diverse workplace in a fast paced environment. A lot of red tape at times because it was a government institution. Great group of buyers from many different environments and industries which made for a great learning environment.

Enjoyed interactions with end users from the University and the Hospital. Overall it was a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
excellent benefits and comfortable work environment
Cons
red tape difficult to navigate at times
Great place to work!
Robert Wood Johnson Residency Program at Fuld (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJNovember 18, 2015
This was one of my best jobs. Great place to work. Fun Relationships between staff and residents. Very educational. Growing company. Paid staff meetings, conferences, traveling, etc.
Pros
Paid conferences, Educational
Cons
Very stressful
Learned facilitation and leading teachers in a major university setting.
Training Specialist/Curriculum Designer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 15, 2015
Learned how to lead leaders and train teachers. Coordinated 4 New Jersey school in the Social Problem Solving Program using Social Emotional Intelligence. Worked with diverse communities. Facilitated community training including administrators, staff, teacher, and parents. Encouraged to lead national association presentations at nationwide conventions.
Research Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 15, 2016
typical 8 hrs/day!
challenging, never a dull moment
trouble shooting and very creative
very supportive
commute
interacting with collegues
Fast paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2015
What I remember here more than anything was having to work and get along with various personalities from both patients and co-workers. I wouldn't trade my experience here for the world. I was in charge of checking in patients and registering and essentially getting them ready to go and see the ophthalmologist.
Pros
one hour lunch break, experience, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Always short staffed
Amazing experience of business within a hospital
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at volunteer work would be printing out flyers that had the agenda, events, or important notices that the hospital staff and members must be aware of. It was a great job. I would create brochures and email other employees to remind them of certain things. The most difficult part of the job was accepting that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers, the work I was doing in general because I love the arts, and just being in a family based environment.
Pros
Great environment, Amazing people, Free lunch
Cons
Short employment
Trained faculty and medical staff how to use a Learning Management System so they can teach their students and staff members.
Web Course Designer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 29, 2015
The time I was there, their were no rules even after the scandal UMDNJ had sometime in 2006 or 2007. I still managed to get my work done but it was extremely difficult because at the time I was doing my job, the faculty members were on the verge of filing grievances against the University. I basically had to train frustrated faculty members about a situation(s) that happened before I started working there.
Pros
Learn medical terminology
Cons
No rules
fun work place
bio medical science (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 22, 2015
best research hospital.
The UMDNJ PA Program is one of the nation's premier PA programs, it educates students in an intensive three-year, graduate level program. Since 1975, over 800 students have successfully completed their education at UMDNJ and are employed in numerous specialties throughout the United States and abroad.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and fun place to work with all different types of animals
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 18, 2015
Generally the day started with checking in on all the animals and changing the bedding and food. I learned how to handle many different types of animals as well as sanitize environments such as operating rooms and housing. Management was fair and patient with all employees. Especially those who were hesitant about touching rodents or insects. Everyone was very friendly and worked hard to build a "family" type atmosphere. Having to euthanize sick or injured animals had to have been the hardest part of the job but ultimately you realize the animals are much better off. Overall its a very enjoyable job.
A very good trauma hospital. Good neurosurgical icu.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 5, 2015
I learned almost everything I know as a critical care nurse in this hospital.My co workers are helpful and pleasant. the management is supportive.A typical day at work is making sure we have supplies and ordering them, assess our patients and get ready to give report and join the neurosurgeons during bedside rounds, then prepare to bring patients to daily ct. scans.
Medical School Lab Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJFebruary 25, 2015
The school gave me a tremendous opportunity to teach students while attending medical school at the same time. I was involved in teaching first year students human gross anatomy. I was also involved in creating and designing a summer curriculum for new incoming students to help prepare them for the rigors of first year medical school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMDNJ. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2