UMDNJ

UMDNJ Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee), Newark, NJ, 07112July 28, 2014
I helped doing patient transport with other employers that worked there.I have leaned how to transport patients throughout the hospital buildings without inconveniencing other workers moving throughout the building working. The manager showed me how to do filing and other office work far as answering the phones and typing at a professional level. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and getting to know them better.
It was a good experince.
N/A (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 13, 2014
I loved being in the Smart Program, I learned alot of new things. The skills I learned are still useful for me till today. I would love to be in the program again.
Somewhat unorganized/
Sr. Material Handler (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 11, 2014
My experience at UMDNJ taught me a lot of responsibility in an environment with plenty of moving parts. I grew in my professional life at UMDNJ and had to make the necessary adjustments on the fly when things did not go as planned.
Excellent Benefits/Low Pay/Friendly, but stressful work environment
Receptionist/Records Clerk (Current Employee), Mount LaurelJune 4, 2014
Pros: exellent benefits/friendly coworkers
Cons: sometimes no lunch/late hours
I've been with UMDNJ (Now Rowan) for 5 years now and the benefits are excellent, however the pay is not great. I love working with my coworkers, however, we recently merged 2 offices together, this is creating am EXTREMELY busy and stressful work environment, where hours have gotten much longer and the work load isn't being distributed evenly. Being a hard worker, I tend to be one of the last people left in a given day, and I tend to be one of the few offering to take on tasks that go undone. Management also approaches me often to handle additional tasks as well. Though this is stressful, it has actually helped me to stretch and challenge myself. I'm proud that I have been able to take the lead on many occasions, both for the good of the patients we serve, and for the good of the office.
Enjoyable
Food Service Systems Management Internship (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 26, 2014
Pros: great employees, even better manager
Cons: the commute was worth it
Everybody is very friendly here. It is a professional environment. I was able to learn a lot from the cooks and the management team. The employees work well together. I was in the kitchen, the dishroom, on the floors, and in the cafeteria. I can say I enjoyed all of it.
Nice, productive place to work.
Secretary I - Oral Medicine (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 17, 2014
I interact on a daily basis with the dental general practice residents. I coordinate their program and am the "go to" person who mediates the business affairs between the residents and the Graduate Medical Education (GME) office. My co-workers are great and I have a good working relationship with them. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone at one time. The most enjoyable part is interacting with new people on a daily basis.
No comment
Staff Assistant/Care Coordination (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 8, 2014
Not professional. Fast paced enviornment........................................................................
Fun place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: nothing
The job is easy and the staff is very friendly. Its always fun place to work at.
constantly changingenviornment
Nursing Assistant/Preceptor (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 1, 2014
Employer had constant changing of management,was not always sure who was in charge...This employer did offer room ro grow with educational oppurtunities.
Good place to obtain experience
Radiologic Technologist CT-MRI-X-Ray- O.R (Former Employee), newark nkFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good doctors
Cons: bad area of the city
Interesting cases
great doctors
great work experience and training
Large Corporation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 2, 2014
Full time, great benefits, no weekends or evenings, difficult to advance...
Good place to work.
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 17, 2014
Excellent place to work, good benefits.Good working atmosphere.
Great learning enviroment
Sterile Processing Tech. /Surgical Tech. (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 30, 2013
This is a great teaching hospital and great learning hospital since is a trauma 1 level facility.
Nice people to work with and the job keeps you busy
Secretary 1 - Confidential (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 26, 2013
Pros: state possition with major holidays off and no weekend work
Cons: no room for growth within the current department
A typical day at work can become routine, although I have learned accuracy in data entry.

The hardest part of my current job now since graduating with my Associates is not wanting to do more. Sometime I feel limited...I feel like I want to do more. Sometime, I have to create other things to look for that sometime falls in the realm of the next person's job. She doesn't mind me helping her out though. She says that it is less she has to look for.
To improve the quality of life for all of those we touch through excellence
Payroll Supervisor for Patient Care Services (Current Employee), Newark, NJOctober 31, 2013
My typical day at UMD is to complete and process payroll for over 550 employees. I have learned how to become more organized as I have worked in my current position for over 12 years. I have just recently joined the management team as a Payroll Supervisor a little over two years ago. I have five employees that report to me. We have a really good work relationship. The hardest part of my job is not being able to satisfy everyone of the employees who work here because of the boundaries that are set by the University Policies. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing all of the employees and making their day when I am able to help the with their issues.
great!!
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 24, 2013
Its a great experience! Ive learned a lot, grew close with patients. My co-workers were great and friendly.
Fun place to work
Data Control Clerk (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 23, 2013
A good place to start. Great pay. Good co workers

Prepared travel reimbursement and honorarium forms
Assisted faculty with typing, copying, faxing and PowerPoint slides
Sorted mail, ordered office supplies, answered phones
One of he best environments to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJOctober 20, 2013
Pros: very good benfits
A very friendly environment to work in. i love coming to wok everyday because I love the people I work with.
Very clean, nice place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), New BrunswickOctober 8, 2013
Even only as in intern, the work environment was top notch, and the lab in which I worked was kept very tidy and clean. Management was strict enough to keep the workflow going, but easygoing enough to allow adequate freedom in the workplace.
Secretary
Secretary of International Services (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 1, 2013
Assist with student visa and secretarial duties. Scheduling and updating calendar events and meetings

About UMDNJ

Those afraid of needles need not apply. The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) offers more thanĀ 100 medical – Read more

UMDNJ Salaries