UMDNJ Employee Reviews in United States

Medical School Lab Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJFebruary 25, 2015
The school gave me a tremendous opportunity to teach students while attending medical school at the same time. I was involved in teaching first year students human gross anatomy. I was also involved in creating and designing a summer curriculum for new incoming students to help prepare them for the rigors of first year medical school.
Nice place to work
Research Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  PiscatawayJanuary 23, 2015
Work environment is very nice. Benefits and compensation is great
A good school to learn
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 18, 2014
A lot of good techs to teach you many important things about nuclear medicine
a typical day at work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 13, 2014
On a typical day at work, I take care of patients and their needs, and prepare surgery charts.
Interacttion with the doctors and patients.
DATA CONTROL CLERK II (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2014
I loved being a part of a team who was concerned about the welfare of the patients they took care of.
Educational Settings
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2014
Co-workers are a team and I learned much about the hospital settings.Patients come first.
Working for UMDNJ was a very positive experience.
Medical File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJOctober 28, 2014
A typical workday in the department of OB/Gyn was routine. I enjoyed organizing and maintaining the files. I made it a personal task and challenge to always know were files were and that they were accurate. Management was fair but a little tough, this made the workplace operate at a professional level. All of the staff, mostly ladies besides the doctors, worked well together. The doctors were pleasant.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
My many years have been, some challenging yet rewarding!
Residency (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 10, 2014
I serve as a patient advocate/liaison and develop critical relationship to ensure the best quality care. Additionally, I provided essential tools necessary to understand diagnosis/diseases.

It gives me great joy to assist patients and allow them a platform to discuss uncertain problems/concerns.
Pros
the opportunity to health patients and their family, as well as providing empowerment tools to ensure the safety of patient care.
Cons
the lack of financial resources often delayed the educational tools for successful outcomes.
Great Place to work
OIT/OIT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Great Place to work, Great mangagement, very free to learn whatever you would like
Great work place
Program Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Great benefits and unions. Growth opportunity. Fringe benefits are great. Health premiums are very reasonable.
Busy
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 25, 2014
Dealing with the front office staff together to keep the registration process flowing smoothly so that the patients were seen in a timely manner was very important. Getting along with your peers is a plus,
great job
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 13, 2014
here i spent my days filling paper work, organizing stock, and running errands. the people were nice and very comforting.
Pros
good hours, nice people
Cons
n/a
Excellent work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2014
Great learning environment, staff is willing and able to assist at all times.
Productive work environment
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJ, 07112July 28, 2014
I helped doing patient transport with other employers that worked there.I have leaned how to transport patients throughout the hospital buildings without inconveniencing other workers moving throughout the building working. The manager showed me how to do filing and other office work far as answering the phones and typing at a professional level. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and getting to know them better.
It was a good experince.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 13, 2014
I loved being in the Smart Program, I learned alot of new things. The skills I learned are still useful for me till today. I would love to be in the program again.
Somewhat unorganized/
Sr. Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 11, 2014
My experience at UMDNJ taught me a lot of responsibility in an environment with plenty of moving parts. I grew in my professional life at UMDNJ and had to make the necessary adjustments on the fly when things did not go as planned.
Excellent Benefits/Low Pay/Friendly, but stressful work environment
Receptionist/Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mount LaurelJune 4, 2014
I've been with UMDNJ (Now Rowan) for 5 years now and the benefits are excellent, however the pay is not great. I love working with my coworkers, however, we recently merged 2 offices together, this is creating am EXTREMELY busy and stressful work environment, where hours have gotten much longer and the work load isn't being distributed evenly. Being a hard worker, I tend to be one of the last people left in a given day, and I tend to be one of the few offering to take on tasks that go undone. Management also approaches me often to handle additional tasks as well. Though this is stressful, it has actually helped me to stretch and challenge myself. I'm proud that I have been able to take the lead on many occasions, both for the good of the patients we serve, and for the good of the office.
Pros
exellent benefits/friendly coworkers
Cons
sometimes no lunch/late hours
Enjoyable
Food Service Systems Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 26, 2014
Everybody is very friendly here. It is a professional environment. I was able to learn a lot from the cooks and the management team. The employees work well together. I was in the kitchen, the dishroom, on the floors, and in the cafeteria. I can say I enjoyed all of it.
Pros
great employees, even better manager
Cons
the commute was worth it
Nice, productive place to work.
Secretary I - Oral Medicine (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 17, 2014
I interact on a daily basis with the dental general practice residents. I coordinate their program and am the "go to" person who mediates the business affairs between the residents and the Graduate Medical Education (GME) office. My co-workers are great and I have a good working relationship with them. The hardest part of my job is trying to help everyone at one time. The most enjoyable part is interacting with new people on a daily basis.
Fun place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2014
The job is easy and the staff is very friendly. Its always fun place to work at.
Pros
easy work
Cons
nothing

4.2