UMDNJ Employee Reviews

Unit Clerk
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Updated admissions, discharges, and transfers in the hospital’s system
Served as liaison between patients, family, and internal staff
Answered telephones and greeted patients and visitors.
Coordinated lab and diagnostic imaging tests requested by physicians and nurses
Pros
Proximity
Cons
wages
Fast paced work enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2016
Great place to work. You will get to know many different people. Depending on where you work, you will have fun. Some of the staff are horrible people.
Not worth your sanity
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2016
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Correctional nursing isn't for everyone and its not the inmates who you need to worry about. The only good thing is the medical benefits.
Pros
medical benefits and hours
Cons
staff
Good place to work with a lot of professional colleague
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work was very interesting dealing with the daily challenger of the organization. I learned to work very challenging environment. My upper management were very professional and down to earth. My co-workers were always willing to be team players. The hardest part of the job was the long commute from my house and dealing with the traffic during the rush hours at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions not only with the end users but also with the support team and the different contractors.
Pros
Full support from the in-house Physical Plant Group
Cons
The Procurement Policy
Nice workplace and nice work companions
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 28, 2016
i had a good experience at Umdnj I work for the hospital for a little as over 8 years as a pharmacy technician . The reason I left u had a car accident and was not able to perform my duties.
Pros
We had an hour lunch
Cons
Some work companions
Positive, Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJAugust 31, 2016
This place is an awesome place to work. They pay really well, entry level positions non clinical start out at around 43,000. You get raises and great benefits There is a team environment, everyone is pleasant and nice. The workload is not to heavy so you are able to have a good life work balance. Their is room for advancement and growth.
Pros
Advancement and Compensation
Cons
Understand how to deal with conflict, appreciate positives and move on.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 3, 2016
Hectic, busy.... had to work well with others. Learned Visas, research, how to multi-task, and to know that others were willing to assist when needed. Very rewarding as you helped people on all career levels.
Descent work environment
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2016
Graduate intern I do not get the full experience of working at this facility. Caseloads are heavy due to low staffing. In need of more social workers. Coworkers I deal with are friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work is really fun. What i learned is that a cut on the human body needs to be washed away with water first. My coworkers were nice and helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Experince
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 12, 2016
You never know what will be walking in to the door when you walk in to the ER. The nurses and Doctors were always ready for anything and made sure the family and patients felt comfortable.
Productive Activites
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2016
Reviews case load and assuring patients have their medical needs taken care of and transfer of services, if needed. Overall a great place to be employed...
Pros
Advancement
Cons
lack of funds
Research Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 15, 2016
typical 8 hrs/day!
challenging, never a dull moment
trouble shooting and very creative
very supportive
commute
interacting with collegues
Great place to work!
Robert Wood Johnson Residency Program at Fuld (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJNovember 18, 2015
This was one of my best jobs. Great place to work. Fun Relationships between staff and residents. Very educational. Growing company. Paid staff meetings, conferences, traveling, etc.
Pros
Paid conferences, Educational
Cons
Very stressful
Diverse, fast paced environment
Buyer/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 5, 2015
Diverse workplace in a fast paced environment. A lot of red tape at times because it was a government institution. Great group of buyers from many different environments and industries which made for a great learning environment.

Enjoyed interactions with end users from the University and the Hospital. Overall it was a wonderful learning experience.
Pros
excellent benefits and comfortable work environment
Cons
red tape difficult to navigate at times
Answering Helpline for Law Enforcement Officers in need of mental health support.
Mental Health Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 17, 2015
Answered Crisis phone lines for Law Enforcement Officers. Provided peer counseling, ,mental health assessment, referrals and crisis intervention requiring response to affected police departments for debriefing after disturbing events.I learned my capabilities for providing support by engagement with critical telephonic relationships. Recent application of micro-management was very disruptive and non-supportive.. Co-workers were all brother officers retired from various venue. Our mutual support was rewarding. Due to my experience and expertise i usually provided informal supervisory advice, particularly during life saving events. (Suicide threats, active addiction problems.) The hardest part of the job was non-productive staff meetings and roll calls which disrupted work flow. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with fellow workers and clear evidence that we were providing a life saving service to members of our profession...
Pros
Truly, "Making a Difference"
Cons
No on site mental health support or debriefing of staff
Learned facilitation and leading teachers in a major university setting.
Training Specialist/Curriculum Designer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 15, 2015
Learned how to lead leaders and train teachers. Coordinated 4 New Jersey school in the Social Problem Solving Program using Social Emotional Intelligence. Worked with diverse communities. Facilitated community training including administrators, staff, teacher, and parents. Encouraged to lead national association presentations at nationwide conventions.
Fast paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2015
What I remember here more than anything was having to work and get along with various personalities from both patients and co-workers. I wouldn't trade my experience here for the world. I was in charge of checking in patients and registering and essentially getting them ready to go and see the ophthalmologist.
Pros
one hour lunch break, experience, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Always short staffed
Productive place to work.
Ambulatory Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Newark, New JerseyAugust 5, 2015
Fun and exciting work environment. Supportive staff and management team. Typical big company, not all about the numbers , but how you personally grow and develop.
Pros
Great food in the cafe.
Cons
No parking....
fun work place
bio medical science (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 22, 2015
best research hospital.
The UMDNJ PA Program is one of the nation's premier PA programs, it educates students in an intensive three-year, graduate level program. Since 1975, over 800 students have successfully completed their education at UMDNJ and are employed in numerous specialties throughout the United States and abroad.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Male Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 13, 2015
I would classify the type of work preformed at UMDNJ as life changing. And the staff I worked with was extremely detailed and very professional