UMDNJ Employee Reviews

Learned facilitation and leading teachers in a major university setting.
Training Specialist/Curriculum Designer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 15, 2015
Learned how to lead leaders and train teachers. Coordinated 4 New Jersey school in the Social Problem Solving Program using Social Emotional Intelligence. Worked with diverse communities. Facilitated community training including administrators, staff, teacher, and parents. Encouraged to lead national association presentations at nationwide conventions.
Fast paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2015
What I remember here more than anything was having to work and get along with various personalities from both patients and co-workers. I wouldn't trade my experience here for the world. I was in charge of checking in patients and registering and essentially getting them ready to go and see the ophthalmologist.
Pros
one hour lunch break, experience, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Always short staffed
Productive place to work.
Ambulatory Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Newark, New JerseyAugust 5, 2015
Fun and exciting work environment. Supportive staff and management team. Typical big company, not all about the numbers , but how you personally grow and develop.
Pros
Great food in the cafe.
Cons
No parking....
fun work place
bio medical science (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 22, 2015
best research hospital.
The UMDNJ PA Program is one of the nation's premier PA programs, it educates students in an intensive three-year, graduate level program. Since 1975, over 800 students have successfully completed their education at UMDNJ and are employed in numerous specialties throughout the United States and abroad.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Male Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 13, 2015
I would classify the type of work preformed at UMDNJ as life changing. And the staff I worked with was extremely detailed and very professional
Amazing experience of business within a hospital
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at volunteer work would be printing out flyers that had the agenda, events, or important notices that the hospital staff and members must be aware of. It was a great job. I would create brochures and email other employees to remind them of certain things. The most difficult part of the job was accepting that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers, the work I was doing in general because I love the arts, and just being in a family based environment.
Pros
Great environment, Amazing people, Free lunch
Cons
Short employment
Trained faculty and medical staff how to use a Learning Management System so they can teach their students and staff members.
Web Course Designer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 29, 2015
The time I was there, their were no rules even after the scandal UMDNJ had sometime in 2006 or 2007. I still managed to get my work done but it was extremely difficult because at the time I was doing my job, the faculty members were on the verge of filing grievances against the University. I basically had to train frustrated faculty members about a situation(s) that happened before I started working there.
Pros
Learn medical terminology
Cons
No rules
Fun and productive place to work
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 28, 2015
Great Staff support fun environment. Staff are welcoming over all great atmosphere. Working there gives you opportunity to advance and networking with the best in the heath care field.
Pros
free luch
Cons
short break
productive and fun place to work with all different types of animals
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 18, 2015
Generally the day started with checking in on all the animals and changing the bedding and food. I learned how to handle many different types of animals as well as sanitize environments such as operating rooms and housing. Management was fair and patient with all employees. Especially those who were hesitant about touching rodents or insects. Everyone was very friendly and worked hard to build a "family" type atmosphere. Having to euthanize sick or injured animals had to have been the hardest part of the job but ultimately you realize the animals are much better off. Overall its a very enjoyable job.
A very good trauma hospital. Good neurosurgical icu.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 5, 2015
I learned almost everything I know as a critical care nurse in this hospital.My co workers are helpful and pleasant. the management is supportive.A typical day at work is making sure we have supplies and ordering them, assess our patients and get ready to give report and join the neurosurgeons during bedside rounds, then prepare to bring patients to daily ct. scans.
Great University, Wonderful people to work with.
Benefits Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJMay 5, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Management was always approachable and available. UMDNJ was dissolved per the NJ restructuring act.
busy and productive work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 4, 2015
Working at the lab, i had learned many lab skills, such as PCR, cell culture, western.... More important i met the group of people who were so passion about their job and would like to sacrifice so many things for the research work.
Pros
helpful people and learned a lot
Cons
sometimes work so long time
Medical School Lab Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJFebruary 25, 2015
The school gave me a tremendous opportunity to teach students while attending medical school at the same time. I was involved in teaching first year students human gross anatomy. I was also involved in creating and designing a summer curriculum for new incoming students to help prepare them for the rigors of first year medical school.
Nice place to work
Research Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  PiscatawayJanuary 23, 2015
Work environment is very nice. Benefits and compensation is great
A good school to learn
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 18, 2014
A lot of good techs to teach you many important things about nuclear medicine
a typical day at work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 13, 2014
On a typical day at work, I take care of patients and their needs, and prepare surgery charts.
Interacttion with the doctors and patients.
DATA CONTROL CLERK II (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2014
I loved being a part of a team who was concerned about the welfare of the patients they took care of.
Educational Settings
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 9, 2014
Co-workers are a team and I learned much about the hospital settings.Patients come first.
Working for UMDNJ was a very positive experience.
Medical File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJOctober 28, 2014
A typical workday in the department of OB/Gyn was routine. I enjoyed organizing and maintaining the files. I made it a personal task and challenge to always know were files were and that they were accurate. Management was fair but a little tough, this made the workplace operate at a professional level. All of the staff, mostly ladies besides the doctors, worked well together. The doctors were pleasant.
Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
My many years have been, some challenging yet rewarding!
Residency (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 10, 2014
I serve as a patient advocate/liaison and develop critical relationship to ensure the best quality care. Additionally, I provided essential tools necessary to understand diagnosis/diseases.

It gives me great joy to assist patients and allow them a platform to discuss uncertain problems/concerns.
Pros
The opportunity to health patients and their family, as well as providing empowerment tools to ensure the safety of patient care.
Cons
The lack of financial resources often delayed the educational tools for successful outcomes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMDNJ. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2