UMMC Employee Reviews

Working in a setting where you are able to make a person with cancer's day better
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), MDJune 7, 2015
Pros: Helping those with a life threatening disease
Cons: Location
A very diverse center of employees and physicians willing to help those with life threatening diseases. To know that you are making a difference in someone else's life and to see a smile on their face is such a rewarding experience
Great team work with current coworkers.
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 27, 2015
Pros: No holidays or weekends
Cons: short of staff
Very fast pace with short of staff but have great teamwork with coworkers. It's a good place to start at when fresh out of school.
Great place to expand Knowledge in Sonography
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2015
Pros: 10hr shift
Cons: No raise
Enjoyed working as Cardiac Sonographer at university, great team of cardiologist, fellow and sonography students .great place to see new technology cardiac related, LVAD's TVAR, and many more.
Great training and teaching environment.
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 12, 2015
Pros: Best teaching facility in the state and rated highest nationwide.
Cons: employee parking
I had a great experience working and learning at UMMC. They provide great thorough training. The work environment is very friendly.
great facility to be employed with the staff
Placement placement Coord 11 (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good place to work with the right people and staff
Cons: need to be family oriented
worked nights 11p-7a
medical placement descision making for the need of patients.
cruel and unfair at times
great co-workers
need beds for the patients when none was avaible when facility was full
placing all patients in beds for medcial needs.
good place to work with the right people and staff.
Great Job
Family Nurse practitioner (Current Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 24, 2015
Busy day that is a great learning experience. There is always something to learn. Everybody is nice and easy to work with. Definitely the best place to work around.
Great company to work for.
Alumni Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: parking
Excellent benefits and satisfactory compensation, opportunities for advancement. Great working environment.
Ok
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 25, 2014
It is an ok place to work for what it is. You come in and work and leave. It leaves you feeling and thinking about your life. It is a stepping stone to learn more skills.
Organized and Balanced with good people
medical records technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: discount food
Cons: lunch break to short
What I learned he most about this position is how to manage my time better and how to stay organized. And working with a diverse group of people every day and learning new things.
amazing
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 7, 2014
The UMMC was one of, if not the best, jobs i have ever had. while working there, i have learned my way around hospitals, the meaning of different signs,and much more. The mangers and co workers were like family i have grown to love. The job itself wasn't complicated at all,and it was enjoyable as a whole.
Great place to work. Great people to be around.
Nurses' Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 14, 2014
I learned to to roll with the punches and how to not let one bad day get to me. The hardest part of my job was letting my babies go in peace. The most enjoyable part was putting a small on their faces.
Excellent and Productive, Best place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMay 17, 2014
Pros: cafeteria discount, shuttle to your parking, nice pay and good benefits.
Cons: for me, there is none
UMMC is a great place to work. Diverse culture and every employee is acknowledge for making UMMC a caring and excellent place to work. Helpful and awesome coworkers make work flow smooth. Great place to learn and advance.
bad business
Food Prep Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 14, 2014
nasty workers included managers. people don't wanna come in when they schedule no discipline or authorities
Great academic center
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2014
Hours are flexible...work 4 9-hour shifts, no weekends, no holidays.
I have learned a great deal about anesthesia management of patients undergoing surgery and have the flexibility in my day to learn about different procedures, disease processes and management by looking them up online. The hardest part of my job is functioning in a management role while still carrying a full workload. The most enjoyable part is interacting with staff to collaborate care for pre-op clients.
The people is what had me hooked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2013
Pros: feel free
Cons: love ones lost
Working at Ummc was a blessing I never seen so many people from all over the world til I work there. I learned so much that words cant explain. The hardest part of my job was when you make friends, with some of the people who are illness and they pass on. The most enjoyable part about Ummc is when we was able to help or even save a person life.
productive
Clinical engineer technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
nice play to advance my career, very nice person. i learned so many things very important for my career. the manager was very important. the hardest part was to learn but when you have it, everything become easy
productive
Clinical engineer technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: short breaks
I learned so many things very important to follow my career. for example how to use variety of medical equipment; also learn how to interact with co-workers in good harmony.

sincerely
place of opportunity for learning, and nice coworkers
Inpatient Psychotherapist (Current Employee), Riverside/Minneapolis MNJuly 3, 2013
Pros: nice professional colleagues
Cons: work load
busy, challenging, opportunity for growth personally and professionally.
Very Busy Place with a lot going on
Patient Transport Aide (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2013
Pros: good benefit package, inside restarant, plenty of learning opportunities its wonderful for that
Cons: compensation isn't good even with experience, high risk for injury on the job, and transporting the deceased (that is a part of the job description period)
I worked as a Transport Aide which in itself is a fine entry level job and is even better if you enjoy moving around and have a genuine compassionate nature for helping those sick people who need you to get them where they are going in a timely manner. However, I will be very honest and blunt in saying that it is an extremely physical position and you are expected to get these people by bed (which are heavy), stretcher and wheelchair and back to back according to the tracking system. Its extremely busy and there will be many times where nursing or other technicians in charge of where you have to pick up or drop off a patient will be upset with you but they don't really understand how busy it is on your part having to get patients back to back with no resting period (especially if you on the day shift). Try your best no one in other departments can truly understand the life of a transporter unless their in it. Oh, and be warned that there will be times that occur where its so busy you'll be pushing a patient by yourself in a heavy bed because a tea member may be caught up in their own transport or whatever (and if u get injured their will be no mercy for you). You will get rushed & u will get reprimanded for being slow. Oh, and Stretchers & Wheelchairs are nothing to push especially when you use proper body mechanics (those mechanics are not taught to you but you had better learn them) And dont be afraid to tell a Nurse, Tech or Supervisor that you need assistance with your patient when things are taking too long and you don't feel safe pushing by yourself because technically your not. But I had been given the crazy look plenty of times because others will feel like its not their job. The Hospital is huge and the hallways your pushing down are basically city blocks. You have been warned. But I did Love it there and still believe it to be a wonderful learning place where you can grow if your are on the path to do so.
Ok job
Health Information Technician I (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2013
Cons: not enough money for all the work you are required to do.
Learning a lot on computer. Coworkers are nice. Learning Epic but its not being taught well.