Unarco Material Handling Employee Reviews

Poor management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNMay 24, 2017
Upper management cares nothing about the employee's or the company. It seems they are just trying to steal whatever they can get before it goes out of business. Just like any other cut throat facility you have your suck ups that always seem to get ahead. I had to take a test for my job but the suck ups don't seem to have too. When leave it can at least hold my head up high.
Pros
Cons
It is UNARCO
Unarco is a reactionary, just in time company that lacks proper planing and upper management communication.
AA Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJanuary 25, 2017
I knew the day that I took this job that it would not be my forever home. I really needed quick employment and did not have the option of searching and being able to choose my place of employment because I was in the middle of securing a mortgage and buying a house. The management lacks communication with production and Maintenance. The Maintenance department is reactionary and lacks proper tools and components to repair breakdowns of their equipment. There is no preventive maintenance program or ever a thought of it. Basically the maintenance personnel just sit and wait for something to break, then bring the duct tape and Popsicle sticks to replace the popsicle sticks from the last futile attempt at repair. May just be the worst choice I have made in my career.
Ickkk
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 14, 2016
WOW!! This is a horrible place to work. Upper management has no clear picture of what is happening and will only take the word of tenured employees when they are the ones creating the issues. The overall future planning is bleak at best and the more you try the more they are intimidated by your efforts. Had a great Plant Manager take over but they let him go after 2 months on the job because people didn't like the changes implemented and a new ERP system caused lnumerous issues that led to missed deliveries. He has been gone for a while now and it is getting worse rather than better.
No Communication, no organization
CADD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Upper management could not care less about their employees. No advancement, no salary increase. Whatever you hire on at is what you will make your entire career. Benefits are the worst I've had anywhere.
Pros
Cons
Office is full of mold and mildew
attendance bonuses
General Labor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 20, 2015
Go in early and leave late, but we managed to get the job done.
We always had plenty to do, and were rewarded well for getting it done
Pros
great pay
Cons
being laid off
Great Place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 3, 2015
Great place to work the people are friendly they pay very well its hot in this place but its not that bad they have great shifts and the work is not hard.
Productive fast paced work place
Rolling Mill Operator and Setup (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNApril 15, 2013
The company is one of the worlds largest pallet rack and material handling companies. We strive to bring quality to the consumers of our products. It is a fast paced working environment with set break schedules and decent pay.

Working here I have learned management skills through lead man and temporary supervisor positions. I have also learned how to efficiently run through a set schedule of parts to reduce scrap and increase quantity while keeping the quality of the parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is not having to do the same repetitive actions every day, as well as, being challenged frequently to keep continuous quality throughout different parts.
Pros
close to home, good pension
Cons
healthcare plan is lacking, very little concern for non-management personel
Fun place to work, but a lot of special treatment for buddies
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNAugust 19, 2012
Love working, the atmosphere was good. The work was easy, you just have make sure you cover all the parts of the job.