Unc-chapel Hill Employee Reviews

Great work place!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 3, 2017
I truly enjoyed this environment. My work environment was great and I was able to learn how to use different survey tools as well as excel. The management was great and definitely facilitated an environment to learn!
Corrupt environment that doesn't police bad behavior
Physician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 21, 2017
Departmental leaders in certain clinical pediatric divisions engage in self-serving and protective behavior that compromises patient safety and departmental cohesion. Nepotism is rampant as are cover ups of poor outcomes and unethical behavior. Furthermore, whistle blowers - even those putting patient outcomes and safety first - are aggressively discouraged and punished.

In short, while the vast number of clinical employees are compassionate, competent and ethical, incompetent leadership is quick to turn a blind eye to bad behavior - even enabling and engaging poor practice.
n/a
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 13, 2017
the work place was a good environment to be around and my former employees were respectful. I never had a problem with management nor with any employees.
looks good to me
Electrical Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 6, 2017
Working at UNC is a great opportunity to build skills,the environment is invigorating,friendly and progressive.The workday is challenging and rewarding,providing contact with both students and staff that keep you stimulated and actively engaged.I have been a temp there for three years and need to find solid employment. Tx Pete.
Pros
no such thing as a free lunch
Cons
none at all
Ever changing and challenging
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 21, 2017
Schedule jobs and watching the queues in order to make sure jobs are not running smoothly. I am always open to learning something new. The most challenging is to understand what a customer is asking for. I enjoy helping customers and making them happy.
life at unc
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 29, 2017
I work 3rd Shift at UNC the hardest part would be trying to have a social life after you get off. depending on which zone you are placed in the work load will be different.
have worked for UNC a couple of times and have had bad experiences
Resident Advisor (RA) (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 27, 2017
I don't know what it is about working at UNC, if it's working at a Univsersity or what, but I had a terrible experience. People get promoted on personality rather than knowldge or experience. There was a ton of gossip and backbiting among employees about employees and clients.
Opposite of a top-rated school
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 9, 2017
Despite being a top university, the buildings are in squalor (lead paint, mold, asbestos, exposed fiberglass) and are not ADA compliant. After working as temporary employee for several months, I took a 20% pay cut (well below market) to switch from temporary to permanent. Meanwhile, management enjoys excellent pay. Parking is paid by the employee!
Pros
Decent vacation and sick time policy
Cons
Poor working conditions (unhealthy and low pay)
Love working with this research team
Research Assistant/Pilot Study Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 12, 2017
This was a research pilot study utilizing a modified version of the Weight Wise program, tailored to pregnant women. Our target audience was low-income women in Onslow County, NC. We gained wonderful insights to the challenges faced for this population in regards to finances, time, and support to establish and maintain a healthy pregnancy and post-partum lifestyle.
great place
Behavioral Neuroscience Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 20, 2017
I have no complaints about UNC Chapel Hill. I was a graduate student and did not experience a usual employee work day, since the job is not a 9 to 5 type job.
Laid Back
Student Wellness Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 20, 2016
This job was very laid back. It is a work study job at the university and provides me a lot of interaction with different students.
Excellent Staff!
UNC Campus Recreation Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 27, 2016
The people at UNC Campus Rec are energetic and positive. They are happy people and love what they do which carries over to the student employees and patrons.
Great People, Great Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 25, 2016
People are very nice, great academic environment. Students have access to great resources.

Professor gives you guide, classmates help you, people are really nice and helpful.
Watch your back
technical support (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 21, 2016
You get hired as a Temp, work full time at their discretion, get paid substandard wage, no benefits. then when the contract is up, they let you go for 30 days just to do it to you again.
All under the premise that if you take this deal you MIGHT be hired permanently.
Not a good set up when you have people depending on you for an income when you get maybes.
Pros
You might be hired as permanent
Cons
nothing solid and that is sad to say this about a university
Different type of policing
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 16, 2016
UNC- Chapel hill Public Safety is a trained department that puts the well fare of their students first. It is encouraged through management to give a referral where you can, in regards to the students, instead of citing or arresting for criminal behavior.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Not strick enough on student body
Great place to intern
Research Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 30, 2015
Great academic environment to do an internship at. Lots of help available when you need it within my department. Great opportunities to learn and grow.
Terrible job
Patients care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Unc dental schoolDecember 18, 2015
Do not apply to this position. Dental is terrible for employees and do not pay well. Treat you terribly and they want you to work so hard but not acknowledge it at all! Terrible management as well !
Pros
Mon through Friday jours
Cons
No breaks, micro managed, don't like for you to take time off
Gave everything to this place!!
Radiology (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 2, 2015
I put my whole heart and soul into this place, only for them to force me to resign! Despite most techs that love their job, higher up in Radiology Management there are alot of snakes in the grass. BEWARE
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Extremely poor management and true colors started to shine :(
Great place.
Undergraduate Research Assistant in the Copenhaver (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to get an undergraduate degree for so many reasons.
Gave 101 percent everyday to the job
Interim Assistant Director -2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, N.C.October 13, 2014
people person ,both employees and customers,communication daily with e-mails daily inspection and reports to ensure quality with the up most professionalism.
Pros
Require professionalism always
Cons
Worked long hours