UNC Chapel Hill Employee Reviews

STATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 29, 2017
Typical day at work is pretty good great people and co-workers as well as managers and the atmosphere is pretty laid back for the most bbut there are days that are hectic
Communication in the Workplace
HR COORDINATOR & ASSISTANT BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 13, 2017
In my position, information is critical and at times, I do not receive all of the information or included in conversations that would be helpful to do my job. My backup is not really functioning as such. I have learned a lot since being here. The most enjoyable part is some of the great employees that work here.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, cost of healthcare
Productive well organized
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel hillAugust 29, 2017
Nurses very observant. Doctors are polite and mannerful. Doctors take their time to talk with each patient before surgery thoroughly explaining procedures and answering all questions.
I would love to have made this my last job.
Lead AV Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 31, 2017
Between the experience I gained, the work/life balance, the environment and the flexibility of the staff this is easily the best job that I've ever had. I would've love to make it my last position. I will continue to apply until they can find me something permanent.
Pros
Very supportive staff and great environment
Cons
This project was only unitl completion.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 7, 2017
People around are nice, job content are interesting, great opportunity to grow, good balance between life and work.
great benefit. Well recognized institution.
cool job
Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 2, 2017
I love my job. Yes, it can be stressful but I have learned so much and have met so many interesting people. It is exciting to play a small part in furthering our understanding of how the brain works.
Pros
flexible, easy to get time off
Cons
heavy workload
Awesome Coaching Staff
Undergraduate Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 14, 2017
Loved learning from one of the best coaching staffs in the country. Everyday was an opportunity for the players to get better and maximize the time they had on the field.
Ok Job
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Great benefits, great pay, not really a team work enviroment and management is not all that great. The business aspect is kind of one sided.
calm and productive work place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 27, 2016
The people that I come in contact which makes completing tasks easier and the staff are very knowledgeable when I have any questions.
Pros
good co workers, enough time for lunch
Cons
sometimes stressful
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 4, 2016
Great Place to work , and great location. As many hours you would like to work. If overtime is desired. Co-workers and atmosphere was very comfortable.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Seasonal
I thoroughly enjoyed helping teach students and helping them grasp concepts and complete lab work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed it, grading was not the most enjoyable but running the lab and holding office hours and study sessions for students was fun and enjoyable
Educational institution with man bright young minds.
Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 25, 2016
Worked at a chemistry department laboratory for higher level courses. Very educational experience, with lots of autonomy. Requires use of PPE while in labs. Some hazardous materials are handled. Great place to work for a leading research institution.
Amazing University. Wonderful to work with.
C-STEP LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 15, 2016
UNC Chapel Hill was wonderful to work with. They are well organized, great team players, and provide a fantastic support system to staff and students.
My role was to recruit and support high school and college students for the C-STEP program.
My time was spent holding meetings for C-STEP students, visiting high schools, and organizing trips to UNC or facilitate visits from UNC.
I learned how an amazing school such as UNC truly cares about their students, staff, and the community around them.
My time with UNC was one of the best working experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Opportunity to learn a new college system and work with dedicated people.
Cons
Nothing to report.
Interaction with people from different specialties from undergraduates to professors
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 22, 2016
Education driven workplace where opportunities to learn and collaborate are endless. Friendly atmosphere, new ideas are always encouraged. Flexible working hours, but task oriented.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Temporary position
Enjoyable work, management leaves something to be desired
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 4, 2016
My work in CPD is very fulfilling and I enjoy it very much. The management situation has not been stable since I've been here for a year and a half, but those in charge are doing their best. Great people to work with.
Pros
Fun coworkers, good work
Cons
parking
Everyone is so fake
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 7, 2016
All I remember while working here was how fake everyone. No one works as a team and everyone looks out for themselves which is really sad. I worked in one department and another part of UNC where the employees had the same job description easily made 3,000-5,000 more per year.
Interesting experience: Help teach Science to kids!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 30, 2015
This job was relatively easy. I did what the teacher told me as well as taking personal initiative to help the children learn. Personally, this job helped me know that teaching was not my calling, at least assistant teaching. It was often quite boring. However, the content was very interesting. I was surprised at what the children were taught. The things they learned in Elementary School is what I learned in Middle School. It was difficult to not loose focus on the kids when nothing was happening. Of course, seeing those bright faces brighten even more when they learned something was priceless.
Pros
Impact Children
Cons
Sometimes boring
typical state job
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 22, 2015
decent job with good benefits, but pay is not great and opportunity for advancement or raises is not optimal. im such this is normal for state jobs, but it is frustrating to a hardworking employee to know the chances of advancement and/or a pay raise are so slim.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no much possibility for advancement/raises
Great Benefits
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 26, 2015
I worked for the University for 8 years before switching over to a UNC Health Care employee within the same department. Benefits were great, but it was hard to get a raise. I was glad for the cross over with the exception of paid holidays off. There are more paid holidays working with the University vs. working with the Hospital.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Holidays, Flexible for Family Life
Cons
Salary
Stocked the pantries and the closets with food
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 22, 2015
washed the dishes, mopped, buffed and swept the floors, Maintained a clean cooking
area at all times. Stocked the pantries and the closets with food and supplies.