UNC Chapel Hill Employee Reviews

Everyone is so fake
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 7, 2016
All I remember while working here was how fake everyone. No one works as a team and everyone looks out for themselves which is really sad. I worked in one department and another part of UNC where the employees had the same job description easily made 3,000-5,000 more per year.
Interesting experience: Help teach Science to kids!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 30, 2015
This job was relatively easy. I did what the teacher told me as well as taking personal initiative to help the children learn. Personally, this job helped me know that teaching was not my calling, at least assistant teaching. It was often quite boring. However, the content was very interesting. I was surprised at what the children were taught. The things they learned in Elementary School is what I learned in Middle School. It was difficult to not loose focus on the kids when nothing was happening. Of course, seeing those bright faces brighten even more when they learned something was priceless.
Pros
Impact Children
Cons
Sometimes boring
typical state job
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 22, 2015
decent job with good benefits, but pay is not great and opportunity for advancement or raises is not optimal. im such this is normal for state jobs, but it is frustrating to a hardworking employee to know the chances of advancement and/or a pay raise are so slim.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no much possibility for advancement/raises
Great Benefits
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 26, 2015
I worked for the University for 8 years before switching over to a UNC Health Care employee within the same department. Benefits were great, but it was hard to get a raise. I was glad for the cross over with the exception of paid holidays off. There are more paid holidays working with the University vs. working with the Hospital.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Holidays, Flexible for Family Life
Cons
Salary
Stocked the pantries and the closets with food
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 22, 2015
washed the dishes, mopped, buffed and swept the floors, Maintained a clean cooking
area at all times. Stocked the pantries and the closets with food and supplies.
Productive atmosphere
Dlam Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Unc chapel hillJune 30, 2015
Typical day Starts at 7:30am till 4:pm facility housed 4500 caging
6 person assigned various parts. What i learned 22.0 perp ALAT program offered within the company. Various strains Difference genotype phenotype caging housing husbandry. Most important the interaction with coworkers PI's an Staff.
Pros
Routine work
Cons
May change up last mintue notice
UNC Chapel Hill STV
UNC Student Television (Current Employee) –  Chapel HillDecember 17, 2014
It fit very well with my class schedule as far as flexibility.
An interesting and high volume work environment
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at UNC Chapel Hill includes handling a huge spectrum of issues. The work atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done on a daily basis. I can say that I have never been bored at this job.
Excellent Research Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 8, 2014
Learned the best Chemico-biological techniques/methods at the School of Public Health through my Doctorate.

Always enjoyed In-house seminars and the social gatherings that SPH provides to all their students.
Pros
salary, staff support, mentoring
fun and always interesting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 23, 2013
Typical day was to clean , disposal trash and help people. I've learned how to get along with all types of altitudes. The management could have been better. I managed to work around the difficulties within the management. I've realized that everyday isn't perfect you may have complications with co-workers and management. You have to learned how to overcome difficulties and perform professionally. The hardest part of the job is when you're working in a group and your co-worker don't pull there weight! The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping people while in the process of doing my job!
Pros
knowleged employees appreciation day and most holidays were paided.
Cons
begun to be more work without the raises.
Good place to work.
Enterprise System Administrator (Current Employee) –  OASISMarch 17, 2013
i would say the environment is good and the work life balance in my department is excellent.
Pros
flexible schedule and ability to telework.
Cons
health plan, salary
I am very proud of my work and proud to be working at UNC
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 19, 2012
I enjoy working with research animals knowing how much it will be a positive effect for curring human illness and animal illness. My co-workers and I are like a family. We joke with each other about anything. We know everyones family and children. I also enjoy the challenge of being a Assisant Supervisor. It sometimes has it's not so good moments but in all I wouldn't trade it.
Pros
good benefits, healthcare coverage is good
Cons
short lunches, sometimes it seems not enough time in the day.
Enjoyed scope of work
Secretary V (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 25, 2012
I had great employees that I worked with who were very friendly