UNC Charlotte Employee Reviews

Pruductuve work place
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work very productive and professional nice officers great manager and it was always room to learn something new and they help eachother out keeping the students of uncc safe
Very good part time job
Teacher's Assistant for Intro to Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2018
Good experience, recommend for starting into the job market. Working with some faculty was good. Made friends with other employees and students. Did not get paid enough.
Love it there
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at UNC Charlotte Center City. My coworkers and supervisors were driven individuals who promoted self-growth. Continued education was readily available in the form of classes, online courses, and more.
Productive and fun
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2018
This position gave me the opportunity to advance my administrative skills and knowledge and to seek extensive free training opportunities. The one thing that I feel needs to be improved, researched, and considered, is the amount of pay given to administrative professionals.
Uncc
Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2017
Great job just so much demanding of taking care of people when they got hurt, even after you have already told them what not to do. Money was good. No health benefits.
Visiting Lecturer in Costume Design (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 26, 2017
No I do no wish to write you a summary Give us your opinion about a typical dat at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of your job
It's great for students!
Employee Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2017
It worked well with my schedule, and allowed me to balance my college life as well. They were understanding with everything life has to offer as a college student (exams, traveling, health)
good to work with faculty here
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2017
I worked as a teaching assistant for professors at UNC Charlotte. Faculties are nice. It's good to talk with them and work for them. Typically I grade homework and prepare exams for their courses.

I also learned about what they are teaching while grading homework and exams.

I enjoy the time working with professor and helping students solve their problems in exercises and exams.
Great staff and coworkers who contributed to a cohesive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2017
As a graduate research assistant, I tutored students in Spanish which was a great experience overall and helped me to improve my teaching skills. I enjoyed working for UNC Charlotte for the short time I was employed there, because I gained invaluable skills that I am able to use in my future positions.
Flexible and Productive
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2017
I am working part time as a teaching assistant, along with my regular curriculum .
My manager/mentor has been extremely encouraging and gives me work in a way that I am able to maintain good balance between my studies and the work.
Fun, and enjoyable
Student Union Operations Team (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
Typical day at work is organizing all the tents and getting ready for signing students in. It's fun as you get to interact with many people and learn a lot about the working of things.
No Review
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
The hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Please ignore this comments
Fun and productive research environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2017
The research assistants at UNC Charlotte are not paid well, but the environment is productive and fun. You can learn many things from your lab-mates and adviser.
Productive and a fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2017
I worked as a grader for SSDI/SPL course at UNC Charlotte. It was a learning experience grading all those answer sheets. Experienced teacher's perspective.
Excellent learning and working experience. Parking services are terrible.
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
In general, I have been extremely satisfied with this institution. They do a fantastic job to make sure that all facets of student and employee life are well-taken care of The only issue I have come across since I have been here has been parking services.
Pros
access to increadible resources
Cons
parking
IT Support
IT Worker at UNC Charlotte Tech Department (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
This was a very enjoyable work study through the university of North Carolina at Charlotte. This job included maintaining equipment in the classrooms throughout campus. Work orders would be placed and would be taken in order taken or immediate response to time-sensitive items.
Pros
fun and enjoyable
Cons
limited hours able to work due to work study limitations
Secure employment
Assistant Undergraduate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2017
UNC Charlotte provides a higher level of job security than most. They compensate at a lower rate than the private sector. They do not provide raises. The only way to advance is to move into a new position within the university.
Pros
Three free classes per year, health insurance, ample vacation and sick time accrual.
Cons
No raises, relatively low compensation for the level of work required.
Highly recommended for apprentices learning a trade
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
Excellent Work Environment. Always something new to work on everyday. Interesting people and colleagues. Good benefits though the pay is low for the skilled labor required.
teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
It is a nearly required job when in graduate school and is a good experience. However part time turns into full time quickly with no compensation and a full course load as well.
Productive and engaging with all sports
ATHLETICS MEDIA PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2017
A normal workday consists of completing daily video operations within the athletic department for varsity sports. Filming video highlights at games and athletic events, interview athletes, write, edit, sound, b-roll, and publish content to website. Overall a pretty good experience but it mostly consists of what you make out of it and what you want to accomplish as an individual.
Pros
free dinners and lunch
Cons
no benefits