UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

Very friendly and family oriented workplace
Housekeeping (Discharge) (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 5, 2016
This company provides and strives for excellent world-class costumer service for patients. They strive to make it feel as though the patients are at home.
Pros
Meetings
Medical training environment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 30, 2016
Working an hospital environment is a wonderful thing. The culture is awesome and so were the people I worked with. Learning to work with EPIC was one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced. Working in the emergency room was very rewarding, seeing lives saved on a daily basis was a eye opener. The doctors were amazing the nurses were so caring and loving towards their patients. I would differently recommend this hospital to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
24/7 facility
its a great place to work or to start a career.
Dietetic Assistant/ Call Center Professional (Current Employee) –  UNC Chapel Hill, and UNC Hillsborough HospitalAugust 30, 2016
I plan to retire from UNC Healthcare in 20 years and I really enjoy working for this type of company I really recommend this for anyone.
I work at the UNC Jaycees burn center
Critical care burn therapist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill North CarolinaAugust 12, 2016
It has been the most rewarding and difficult job in my 22 years as a respiratory therapist. The teamwork between the doctors, the therapist, and the nurses is impeccable. Which it has to be in order to properly care for these types patients.
Work Duties
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 6, 2016
Answering the phones, doors, call bells. Helping where needed when it comes to patient's family. Assisting the Nurse/CST if needed for things that an HUC can asist with.
Best Organization I have ever worked for as a nurse.
Adjunct Clinical Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJuly 5, 2016
Nurses are treated exceptionally well- physicians treat nurse as a team member. They expect the nurse give input on patient care. Feel comfortable asking questions during rounds. Good communication with physicians. UNC pays very well. Benefits are better than most. Many different jobs are available for nurses.
Pros
Great place to work- fair, treat nurses with respect.
Cons
pay to park on campus and in park & ride lots when taking bus into work, Only hire RNs to work in hospital, But can work in clinics as LPN.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 21, 2016
a typical day at work at UNC Hospitals kept me very busy. I learned how to multi-task while working for 20+ people on a daily basis. I enjoyed working the Department of Clinical Care Management which supported Internal Medicine and Department of Medicine. I learned hands on the dealing with different patients and the confidentiality of each patient.
Pros
learning about new procedures and interacting with the nurses and the doctors
Too big, too soon
IT Manager, Access Applications (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 29, 2016
UNC Health Care is growing at a very rapid rate which is a positive change. However, leadership is extremely unorganized and there are many knee jerk decisions that are not carefully thought out. Overall, a good place to work but not for the perfectionist.
not very employee friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 25, 2016
Not a employee friendly place to work no form of consideration for employees . i enjoy what i do and some people that i work with
Have been employeed for 10 years. I have participated in many levels with in my department. Working directly with surgeons.
O.R. Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 23, 2016
Each day is unique. I work with surgeons operating in 33 dedicated OR's. I managed the OR-Techs for most if my career at UNC.
a typical day
Assist doctors (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
Very active leader in my current community, looking to advance my knowledge of SOPs CGMP, Upstream
and Downstream production equipment experience. Clean room manufacturing and quality control experience
along with a proven leader and team player, who places emphasis on safety and team work. I have a
clear understanding of documentation inventory support along with modern business and management skills
combined with a willingness to make myself and my future company succeed.
Many opportunities for growth
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 10, 2016
There was always something being offered whether it be a class or program for growth and advancement. They make is convenient to attend whatever course you want to attend.
Great facility!
Laboratory Technologist-Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 10, 2016
UNC Hospitals and clinics are among the best in the United States. Not only is this facility essential to maintain the health of the people of the state, it leads in its research capabilities and contributions.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 19, 2016
Overall good place to work. Management needs some work depending on your department but good work environment.
Have great co-workers, I feel my supervisor can be a difficult person to work for because her day is based on what happen in her personal life from the night before.

I love what I do and dealing with my external and internal customers, they are the reason I love customer service.
Great place to work.
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 12, 2016
Love caring for the patients with great meals and warm smiles! My fellow coworkers love working at UNC Hospital also! The benefits are GREAT and the work schedule helps me spend more time with my family.
satisfied with my job at unc
rn (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 8, 2016
enjoy my job at unc. looking for some casual to part-time work at a different institution. can be available for fill in hours, partial days and vacation relief
Several changes in Payment posting dept
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 30, 2016
You can only work from home if you can keep up with the ridiculous productivity guidelines. Have to work long OT hours at the end of each month, no matter how many more people they hire. Terrible mgmt...has certain favorite people in the dept.
Benefits
Cons
Productivity, favortism.
Great work enviroment
CST 2 (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 17, 2016
Worked on the Intermediate Surgical Care Unit. Dealt with a large variety and age of patients. Day was very busy transferring patients while also caring for our critically ill patients. CO-workers were very helpful and management always stepped in to help when things were rough. Most enjoyable part of the day was when you see the rehab paying off for a patient.
Wholesome workplace
Medical Sterile Tech II (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 17, 2016
A great place to work. The possibilities of learning new tasks and experiences are limitless. Work load was steady and demanding. Never a dull moment :)
Pros
Amenities
Medical Assistant
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 11, 2016
 Operate and sterilize instruments and equipment
 Arrange the surgical equipment including the drape material, arranging the operating room equipment including the medical consumables and supplies
 Clean and sterilize flexible scopes, digital and HD cameras along with other various items