UNC Health Care

UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

Really a great place to work. Great learning and teaching environment
Coordinator Charge Therapist / ECMO Specialist (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 7, 2015
Treating patients with Respiratory difficulties, caring for ECMO patients and teaching ECMO. Making out work schedules for the staff's daily assignments in the following areas - PICU, BURN UNITS, NCCC, MICU, ED, SICU, Cardio Thoracic Transplant Unit and CICU. Act as a resource therapist for the Respiratory Team.
Great people to work with, always help everywhere.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 5, 2015
Pros: The hospital enviorment with oppourtunity.
Cons: Certain management
You never never really knew what to expect, food service was a interesting place the show must go on type of environment perfect place for cross training.
loved working with the patients,but the management needs HELP
worker (Former Employee), ncMay 21, 2015
I loved working with the patients, but the upper management needed help they would believe anything and if you made someone mad or if you made them look bad they were out to get you and they would make up things to get rid of you, also if they had someone they wanted to put into your position they would do that in a flash and did not care who they hurt.
They are making a real effort at improvement, but meanwhile the work doesn't wait
Clinical Application Analyst (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 2, 2015
Pros: IT works off site, not at a main hospital site so free parking.
Cons: workload is crushing while they get their act together.
they are a big company, and have a bureaucratic nature. They are trying to make big strides and bring all hospitals under one healthcare system and that is tough. plenty to do.
Good place to for and at
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for UNC. They had good benefits and opportunity for advancements. You could more to defferent departments with in the company if it matched your background
UNC Health Care
RN, CN II (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 27, 2015
UNC Health Care was a fantastic organization to work for and be a part of. This teaching institute has helped me learn skills and bedside manner that improves patient outcomes.
nice
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (prn) (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCApril 26, 2015
nice people to work with, helpful and friendly. Hospital is going thru changes trying to improve and offer more services to the community.
Incredible place to work
PATIENT BUSINESS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were like family
Cons: Too far from where I live now. I would go back to work for them.
This is the place to work. Job security is the absolute best. Training was thorough and complete. When you started out doing your job you were trained and understood what was expected of you. The patients are the best. Felt like I was working with and for my family. Everyone genuinely seemed to care about each other. Formed some strong and lasting relationships there.
Good people
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 6, 2015
Great place to work. However very highly competitive. They will not hesitate to let you go if you are not performing up to their standard
General ultrasound Sonographer
Sonographer (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 28, 2015
Fast paced, large hospital with a high level of expertise. We specialized in transplant ultrasounds and pediatric/neonate ultrasounds.
great environment
Medicaid Eligibility Project Manager (Former Employee), Chapel HillMarch 3, 2015
Great working place, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the people are helpful at all times. Would recommend this job to people in the future
Customer Service/Hospitality (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, North CarolinaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great fundraisers
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed meeting the hundreds of people that came into the hospital each day. Making a difference in someone's life, especially during their hardest moments, was a great reward for me.
great place
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work always something going on for employees you like helping people this is the place to work at.Pleasant environment .with piece.
Fast paced and interesting work environment
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Intern) (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: transplant hospital
Duke and UNC hospitals are a fantastic places to begin my career as a diagnostic medical sonographer. The complexity and variety of exams are always interesting and educational. I have learned how to perform ultrasound guided biopsies, SIS procedures, neonatal exams, high risk OB and a plethora of other exams. I have learned how to work with different varieties of patients and co-workers as well as radiologists. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the emotions of finding ominous pathologies. The most enjoyable part of this job is the diversity of exams I see, these hospitals always have interesting cases with interesting pathologies. I love UNC hospital because it is a large transplant hospital, transplant ultrasounds are my favorite ultrasound exams to perform.
Fun place, good team spirit, lots of laughter as well as hard work
Hospital Chaplain Intern (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 2, 2015
The day started with a morning team meeting. Throughout the day we have meetings to attend as well as visit patients. Sometimes we had to work a 24-28 hr. on-call shift along sometimes on weekends. Great supervision. My boss knew how to respect as well as prod us toward new challenges. They were fair as well showing no favoritism. My co-workers are now my friends. The hardest part of the job was the grueling 28 hr on-call shift especially if the shift was busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and the patients I visited.
Friendly working environment
Patient Administration (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: not enough advancement
Friendly working environment. Good place to work at. I would like to advance, but the opportunity is not there. I also would like a higher pay, but not possible. The hours are great, the staff is great. Parking is horrible and the cost to park is very expensive.
Great Manager
Dietetic Assistant (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Great benefits and friendly co workers. Not family friendly hours.
Great pay and benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Work hours very hard to manage with school. My dept. is managed by a contracted company and are not understanding with a persons personal life( deaths, sickness, etc.)
Neonatal nursing at its best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 4, 2014
Professional day included providing care to critically ill newborns in a supportive team and family friendly environment.
balanced job between busy, faced paced and down time to think and prepare
RN-Ambulatory Care Center/Orthopedics (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 22, 2014
A typical day in clinic is fast paced serving the orthopedic population. Management is flexible and friendly. My co-workers are supportive and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is the transportation and parking situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy that management allows,

1 2 3 4 5

About UNC Health Care

Founded in September 1952, UNC Health Care is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system that is committed – Read more

UNC Health Care Salaries