UNC Health Care Employee Reviews

great salary and benefits.
Processing Asst. Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Friendly, helpful fun work.
Good training, and lots of help provided. Great benefits. Lots of rules, so if you are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere, you will not find it here.
Pros
salary
Cons
small workspace
productive
Volunteer Service-occupational (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 18, 2018
this was a volunteer job the opportunity was exciting and I learned a lot during the summer. I would love to work here one day. a great place and I met lots of people
CNA at Hospital
CNA Working in the Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I learned a lot from the other nurses and CNA's about how to keep up with the work. The hardest part of the job was when there were not enough CNA's to do the unit and we would have 12 to 18 patient's to take care of. I enjoyed it more when we had 6-8 patient's to do because we could accomplish our work and get done on time.
Pros
Learning to take better care of the patients and being a team when you or someone else needs help.
Cons
When someone does not show up or calls out ill and you need to take care of more patients.
the place
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 17, 2018
its a mess up place and I don't recommend it for no one to work at this is a first time experience and the supervisor is not really a boss to work for
Friendly staff, inadequate management
Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 15, 2018
For patients this is a friendly atmosphere with quality health care. For staff there isn't a focus on retaining quality and efficient staff. Management allows mediocracy and this is not a conducive environment for staff retention.
Pros
Friendly staff
Excellent Organization
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Rewarding, positive, exceptional customer service, excellent benefits, diverse and cultural background, very family oriented. Positive management and job feedback.
Pros
Excellent work environment, annual pay raise, great benefits
Love
Administrative Associate I (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Working here is awesome. Not stressful at all the patients here are great I love coming to wok everyday. the staff as well as management here is great, Promotion is also not an issue here.
Very nice hospital to work at
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Typical work day was fast pace
How to move around the hospital without getting lost
management was great only one manager I felt like she didn't like me
Hardest part for me was the burn unit when 99% of the body was burned and you still had to draw
Making a stick and the patient said they didn't feel a thing
Pros
credit nice pay check pto on each check free insurance
Cons
I think that you should have certain departments you draw from instead of unlimited
N/a
Dietetic Assistant (Former Employee) –  NcJanuary 9, 2018
No comment about Unc. Poor management staff, very unfair a lot of favoritism and more. The company on a hold wasn't bad just the management is horrible.
supervisor
Administrative Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Supervise my team and lend support when needed. Work independently. Workplace culture is non existent and this is aided with poor management. Manager is given free rein and upper management does not monitor their poor behavior. Poor moral among team.
All in all it’s an OK place to work but if I had known how things are there I would’ve never left the state that I came from and continued working at
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Children’s HospitalJanuary 8, 2018
There is favoritism in my unit and they like to go By seniority instead of your work ethics and force a lot of the employees to flip-flop back-and-forth for days to midnights instead of hiring permanent days and permanent night people who love to work midnights people who love the workdays.
Pros
Job security is there
Cons
Their medical health insurance is really bad, Specially if you take a lot of maintenance drugs and you’re unable to get generic, they really sock it to you with the brand-name and Hardly pay any of it.
Opportunities to learn
Nursing Assistant I, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 5, 2018
UNC Healthcare is a teaching hospital and knew I would learn hands on nursing skills. Many RNs are willing and enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and allowing NA's to assist in an array of situations. There is a lot of autonomy in the position I hold in the float pool. Everyday is something different with opportunities to work throughout the hospital. Nearly every person I have worked with here enjoys what they do and truly care for patients. The hardest part of the job is learning my way around the hospital. The signage isn't the best but there is always someone nearby to help you find your way. Most enjoyable part of the job is the mix culture of employees and patients and opportunities to learn every shift that I work.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Poison
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  high point NCJanuary 2, 2018
The culture with in the department was very poisonus. Not team work and a lot of back stabbing. Don't even think about working there. RNs run the place
Productive and fun place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Overall High point Regional is full of opportunities, You are constantly growing and learning. Keeps you on your toes. Very diverse place of environment.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 1, 2018
I enjoy working at High Point. It is just like every place- there is good and bad. It is what you make it. Great co workers and great doctors! I would recommend this place to work!
great teaching hospital
Pain Clinic Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2017
great teaching hospital, with many opportunities to work and learn. as with any large operation, there are some good managers, and some not so good, but at UNC you can usually find a place to work that fits you best.
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at UNC, I would recommend this place of employment to anyone looking for a job. The management really cares about you, and is always willing to help in anyway they can.
Pros
Great Management
its okay
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 15, 2017
8bt is one of the worst floors in the hospital. The NA do not and will not give the PNA's a break. The RN's do the work of the NA's while the NA's sleep, be on their cell phones and even watch movies on the company computer. When getting assigned to that floor its dreadful knowing you wont get a break even if you call out> Not sure who the manager is, but the overnight NA's pretty much run that unit.
Pros
watching TV all night
Cons
no breaks
very educative center
Nurse Practitioner, Student (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 14, 2017
The clinic gave opportunity to learn about the latest healthcare technology. There is great collaboration among the team who are very supportive and ready to help students learn.
Pros
Great research center
Cons
Limited wor area/space
Nice patients
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCDecember 14, 2017
The nurses are mostly helpful and willing to the extra mile to help with anything. You get PTO time and can use for vacation or time off in general. The manger is very easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.