Unc Hospitals

Unc Hospitals Employer Reviews

Busy department with opportunities to enhance your skills
Full Time Sonographer (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, good benefits
Cons: shift coverage
The main department opens at 730 am with outpatients, adult and pediatric, biopsies, and any stat emergency room patients. As the day progresses and more technologists arrive routine inpatients and portables are performed.
At this hospital, there are many exams performed that are not usually performed at outpatient clinics.
Fresh liver transplants, – more... fresh renal transplants, fresh pancreatic transplants, intraoperative ultrasounds, renal artery stenosis ultrasounds, along with general abdominal and ob/gyn are some of the exams performed.
The coworkers are close knit and work together well.
The hardest part of the job is coordinating all of the exams coming from many areas of the hospital with the techs available. – less
Offers balanced work life and possibilities for promotions
Government Programs Analyst (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: walking trails, and exercise room
Cons: lots of compliance
Family oriented environment. Believe in the team concept.
Hours are great
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: demanding
You have to be mentally and physically prepared to work in the health care arena it is demanding. But also rewarding at the same time. I did not have to work weekends and my schedule was consistent which I loved.
Good learning environment with wonderful staff to wor with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 16, 2014
A typical day l had always been interesting, from start of shift to the end of the shift, knowledge is gained.
Truly a Great Place to work
Pharmacy Assistance Counselor (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 30, 2014
I loved everything about the job. I worked 9-6:30, Mon - Fri. I loved meeting the patients and interacting with them to set them up on the Pharmacy Assistance Program.
great benefits
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 11, 2014
Would have loved to continued working here. A typical day is fairly busy. Can be quite stressful.
Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant in the Operating Room (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 18, 2014
Answer multi telephone lines, fliling, faxing and e-mailing.
Schedule surgeries/Data entry make sure paper work is complete.
Check in patients before surgery.
Dispatch calls to the Doctors to the Operating Room.
Loved UNC
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), chapel hill, north carolinaFebruary 16, 2014
UNC was an amazing place to work. Everyday was a truly wonderful experience. My co-workers were amazing, it was truly my favorite place to work.
Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 1, 2013
Just like every other job you have good and bad days. But I can honestly say that the good definitely outweighed the bad. Trying to get back.
Occassional challenges, but overall great
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), 6 Childrens and Pediatric Oncology ClinicSeptember 22, 2013
I loved working there, and would love to get back there. The patients, staff, and environment are one that I miss. I grew so much as a nurse there and appreciate all the ups and downs. It can be hard to work for a state run facility, but the devotion of the staff and physicians caring for such wonderful patients is evident.
I loved this place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 29, 2013
My typical day was billing out about 500 claims, and having hardly any denials come back. I was the back up biller for Medicare, Medicaid and BCBS. I was the primary biller for Commercial, Tricare, Managed Care, Workers Comp, and Liability as well as Secondary payers. I loved my co-workers, as we all got along. I was the office trainer for the girls, – more... whenever we got a new system. I was the first to learn the short cuts within, and showed the girls how to navigate through it. The hardest part of the job was probably the ever changing edits within the system. Sometimes there were so many at times it was frustrating. But we had a fantastic IT team, and they made the problems seem easy. My manager at the time was a dream, she pushed us to become better, and I appreciated her for that. – less
Excellent place for employment and increasing experience .
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: center for continuing education
Cons: not applicable
UNC Hospital labs is ranked in the top few as having cutting edge technology. Excellent place to help other colleagues and doctors decide on treatment plans based on shared information at daily slide rounds.
Admin. Associate (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 22, 2013
Just an overall great experience. The people are very friendly and easy to get along with. They have a great training program and they will help you to succeed.
Insurance Verification Clerk (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 12, 2013
Pros: very nice environment
Cons: n/a
Had to verify insurance for patients coming in for outpatient surgery and other procedures using ICD 9 and CPT4 codes. Prepare financial folders for the Financial Counselors. Assisted Patient Transplant Coordinator.
Not what you think
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Cleaning,waxing floors,taking cares of patients needs such as communicating with them bringing them things that is needed sanatizing the patients rooms and the unit which im working on ive learn evryone isnt fortunate to have family to come see them and spend time and that im the only person they see so being there for them is great managment at that – more... time was ok i feel like there for themselves and not their employees co-workres are great just like family sometimes getting the tasks done are hard because of the way the day goes – less
Great benifits
RN, Medical Floor Staff (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 17, 2012
Absolutely loved this jobs. 1st nusring job after graduation and a very good environment for learning. Learned a lot as a new clinician. Great career opportunities, Great management, Great environment milieu and great benefits. The making of an excellent career. yet I had to relocate...
Customer Service is a priority here.
Trauma Registrar/Data Coordinator (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: parking
I currently work as a CSTR. My daily duties include identifying trauma patients, analysis of reports, creating reports, abstracting data and data entry. I also keep the registry up to date with all of the national and state guidelines that are requirements.
Over all I enjoyed working for PEDs HEM/ONC at UNC
Committed to assisting others (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: drawing and free lunches
Cons: more otfer there were no breaks during your work day
My day would start with the opening of the clinic.I would do the QC set up room for patient care.I would check the crash cart to make sure thing are dated right and the lock was still in place.Print doctors work load the the day and go into the system to look for add on and who was admitted in to the hospital over night. I would look to see who was – more... coming in for IV and scans to have blood work done.I do the triage and the pain level on each patient if one would come in with fever I would room them and let the doctor and nurse know where the patient in located and give them a report on what was told to me I also relay in to the doc so they would have a idea of whats going on ewith there PT.At time I would a judgement call to place a patient in the truma room.I was under new management.I work with my co worker on a professinal level.New management was the hardest part of my job.I love my job and the doctor I work with. I work the same set of doctors for 10 years. I learn alot about myself daily by working with this group of people. – less
It is a great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: they work with you.
Cons: there are none.
My day is very rewarding. I work in Investigational Drug Services and we find cures for patients that other meds won't work. I enjoy my co-workers. My day is never the same. The hardest part of my job is when we can't come up with meds. to save someones life. Our management is great. I really enjoy my job due to what we do.
I enjoyed my time here.
Medical Support Assistant III (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: able to work on my own
Cons: not enough help
I enjoyed my workplace and I felt very rewarded for the hard work that I did.