UNC Physicians Network Employee Reviews in United States

My immediate supervisor/director is the best
Auditing and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working for my boss and have appreciated everything that I've learned during my time here. I have learned new ways of working more efficiently and effectively.
Nice benefits, not much else
medical office assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2015
The benefits are good. There's health and dental insurance and a 401 K plan that's decent. That's where the positives end.

There's poor communication between managers and the workers. There's no teamwork between clinical staff and administrative staff. The two are pitted against each other. Procedures constantly change with little to no communication between managers and the staff.

The administrative staff tries to maintain the rules of the office but management constantly undermines and goes against their own rules if a patient complains enough or throws a tantrum in the waiting room. It makes the administrative staff look like fools for trying to uphold the rules of the office that was voted on by the doctors and the managers.

Paperwork such as HIPAA forms are always being changed so patients have to update them several times a year. This increases patient frustration and slower check-in times. Administrative staff gets blamed for the delays of updating paperwork.

The company expects faster check in times but increases the work load in terms of paperwork and patient questions without considering the extra time needed to complete said work. This leads to the clinical staff getting frustrated that patients are not being arrived in a timely manner.

Staff gives reviews and requests changes to procedures but nothing comes from it. No voices are being heard and complaints are brushed away.

There's constant staffing issues which leads to more delays and greater patient frustration when it comes to messages being answered, check-in times, phone calls, etc.

more...
I would not recommend working here unless you really need a job. The benefits are good but that is where the joy ends. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Managers, procedures, the company itself
great pay and retirement benefits, give yearly bonuses.
clinical support tech II (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill North CarolinaNovember 29, 2014
Inexperienced management and staff, lazy management lazy staff. No parking on campus, taking the bus was the worst. The patients are deathly ill. Unorganized made it extremely hard to give good care to the patients.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no parking on campus, favoritism, lazy management
Don't do it!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boylan HealthcareMay 23, 2014
This medical office is absolutely horrible and management is the WORSE. You're treated worse than a child and teamwork is discouraged. Management will literally chase you away if you're "caught" talking to your co-workers too long. Morale in this place is awful and staff members are pitted against one another. If you are liked, you're loved and if you're not you will definitely know it.
Pros
an occassional free lunch
Cons
management and inexperienced, improperly trained staff.
okay place to work for, some clinics inexperienced management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 3, 2014
Inexperienced management, some clinics unorganized, high staff turn over rate. Favoritism.
Pros
good benefits, unc affiliated
Cons
management, some inexperienced staff
No Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carolina Advanced HealthNovember 10, 2012
I was hired to be an admin assistant at Carolina Advanced Health. I received training on the software but my office manager saw no reason to send an inexperienced person to ACE customer service training. I was given two weeks to work the appointment schedule. I made over 150 appointments and was fired for making 3 mistakes. Two of the mistakes were do to my lack of knowledge of office protocol. The third mistake was my error. I entered an appointment that left the system when I hit the wrong key. I called the patient and explained my error as well as explaining it to the physician's assistant and all was forgiven. But my office manager terminated me anyway. I am the second person in six weeks to be terminated from this same position for making scheduling errors.
Pros
friendly staff who care about the patients.
Cons
the office manager is hands off and only delivers bad news and no guidance.

2.7