UNC Physicians Network

UNC Physicians Network Employer Reviews

Don't do it!
Nurse (Former Employee), Boylan HealthcareMay 23, 2014
Pros: an occassional free lunch
Cons: management and inexperienced, improperly trained staff.
This medical office is absolutely horrible and management is the WORSE. You're treated worse than a child and teamwork is discouraged. Management will literally chase you away if you're "caught" talking to your co-workers too long. Morale in this place is awful and staff members are pitted against one another. If you are liked, you're loved and if you're not you will definitely know it.
okay place to work for, some clinics inexperienced management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, unc affiliated
Cons: management, some inexperienced staff
Inexperienced management, some clinics unorganized, high staff turn over rate. Favoritism.
No Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Carolina Advanced HealthNovember 10, 2012
Pros: friendly staff who care about the patients.
Cons: the office manager is hands off and only delivers bad news and no guidance.
I was hired to be an admin assistant at Carolina Advanced Health. I received training on the software but my office manager saw no reason to send an inexperienced person to ACE customer service training. I was given two weeks to work the appointment schedule. I made over 150 appointments and was fired for making 3 mistakes. Two of the mistakes were do to my lack of knowledge of office protocol. The third mistake was my error. I entered an appointment that left the system when I hit the wrong key. I called the patient and explained my error as well as explaining it to the physician's assistant and all was forgiven. But my office manager terminated me anyway. I am the second person in six weeks to be terminated from this same position for making scheduling errors.