UNC Physicians Network Employee Reviews

Growing organization with a lot of opportunity
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2017
I've been with the company for over 5 years. I have been promoted several times and have had lots of autonomy in my roles. This organization is part of a large health care system so you can move from one group to another for advancement.

My practice is part of the larger network so we have our own culture (which is great) and the network is really starting to introduce programs to make working here even better.

I would say the thing I like least is dealing with HR. They are not flexible and very slow. UNCPN leadership actually has no say in HR issues because it is a system service. That is not okay so getting people raises outside a merit increase is not easy for anyone.
Pros
Practice culture, leadership understands and wants to help
Cons
Hr
Horrible Work Environment!!!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2017
I would never recommend Boylan Healthcare as an enjoyable place to work. The providers and majority of the staff are phenomenal but unfortunately the management is beyond horrific!!! Management provides zero communication, only has negative and belittling comments to staff and does not at all value any of their staff! The turnover rate is astronomical because of poor management - people finally just reach their breaking point and decide that it just isn't worth all the negativity and mistreatment and so they leave. I honestly do not understand how management has not been let go - they sure need to be, Boylan could be an amazing practice with good guidance and a compassionate leader.
Pros
Close early on Fridays
Cons
Management, overwhelmed staff - enormous and impractical workloads
Unlikely place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 4, 2017
If you are a smart, opinionated person with ideas and thoughts of your own, Boylan Healthcare is not the place for you. The so called "management," consisting of two people, are adult bullies and are threatened by anyone who presents a challenge and will not hesitate to get rid of you. The employee turnover rate is astronomical due to this and the fact that these two people do not value their employees or treat them respectfully, as human beings. Instead, they get off on the perceived power that they hold. There is no support for nurses. If patient's do not like what they are being told and throw a big enough fit, they will get exactly what they want, regardless of the situation and no matter what, the nurse is always in the wrong. Due to the way that Boylan Healthcare is structured, which is unlike the other UNCPN practices, HR is not able to help. I was warned of this prior to starting my position and wish I had listened and run the other way.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no support, threatening work environment
Fast Paced Envioronment
Claims Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 1, 2017
Job requires fast paced production based work load. Trying to meet the required goal is extremely stressful. Mandatory overtime is often required to meet corporate goals.
Not the best experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 17, 2017
Benefits were great but management is very young and inexperienced. Lots of drama and unethical practices. Turn over rate is high and any unhappy employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor management
Neutral experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 4, 2016
This is a steady and fast pace work environment, with new managers that have minimum experience working with people. Many of the managers hired friends. Workloads seemed very uneven. Some professionals worked extremely hard while others spent a lot of time at their desks. Directors showed favoritism.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Managers lack experience
Outstanding Employer
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Great work culture, world-class healthcare system and physicians, and competitive compensation and benefits. I've been here for six years and plan to be here for many more!
Pros
Salary, culture, education
n/a
Claims Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 30, 2016
I have not worked here long enough to give an accurate or correct interpertation of this position. So i am not giving one
UNLIKEly place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 23, 2016
UNC physicians Network is not the best place to work for experienced Medical Assistants, The want to work the staff hard but under pay them. The Providers and H.R don't fight to help the workers they are only about working them.
My immediate supervisor/director is the best
Auditing and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working for my boss and have appreciated everything that I've learned during my time here. I have learned new ways of working more efficiently and effectively.
great pay and retirement benefits, give yearly bonuses.
clinical support tech II (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill North CarolinaNovember 29, 2014
Inexperienced management and staff, lazy management lazy staff. No parking on campus, taking the bus was the worst. The patients are deathly ill. Unorganized made it extremely hard to give good care to the patients.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
no parking on campus, favoritism, lazy management
Don't do it!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boylan HealthcareMay 23, 2014
This medical office is absolutely horrible and management is the WORSE. You're treated worse than a child and teamwork is discouraged. Management will literally chase you away if you're "caught" talking to your co-workers too long. Morale in this place is awful and staff members are pitted against one another. If you are liked, you're loved and if you're not you will definitely know it.
Pros
An occassional free lunch
Cons
Management and inexperienced, improperly trained staff.
okay place to work for, some clinics inexperienced management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 3, 2014
Inexperienced management, some clinics unorganized, high staff turn over rate. Favoritism.
Pros
good benefits, UNC affiliated
Cons
management, some inexperienced staff
No Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carolina Advanced HealthNovember 10, 2012
I was hired to be an admin assistant at Carolina Advanced Health. I received training on the software but my office manager saw no reason to send an inexperienced person to ACE customer service training. I was given two weeks to work the appointment schedule. I made over 150 appointments and was fired for making 3 mistakes. Two of the mistakes were do to my lack of knowledge of office protocol. The third mistake was my error. I entered an appointment that left the system when I hit the wrong key. I called the patient and explained my error as well as explaining it to the physician's assistant and all was forgiven. But my office manager terminated me anyway. I am the second person in six weeks to be terminated from this same position for making scheduling errors.
Pros
friendly staff who care about the patients.
Cons
the office manager is hands off and only delivers bad news and no guidance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNC Physicians Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6