UNC Employee Reviews

University of North Carolina
Horticultural specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 2, 2017
Great place to work and advance in your career. Very cultural and patient. Wonderful opportunities to train and educate yourself. Benefits are rewarding.
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Non motivating
Personal experience varies depending on your Job Title
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed my experience working here, I liked my supervisor and my coworkers. I gained valuable experience in project management, but unfortunately my role was time-limited.
Good PRN job
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 15, 2017
PRN employment, seems to be a great place! Pay is low compared to other hospitals though. Great teamwork through out hospital. Caring staff toward patients and coworkers.
Fun and educational. I love my job
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  ChildcareJune 14, 2017
I love everything about my job, especially caring for the children, teaching them and getting to know the families. I also like the staff. I getting like we are a big family.
Pros
Cons
I have to travel
It was an interesting place to work.
Housekeeping, cleaned different areas (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 4, 2017
The moment that I can recall is when three to four trucks come in that we have to work harder to make sure that there are no pallets left over. And the coolest part is when there is no truck in the store and we have to only zone the store.
Pros
sometimes they would buy pizza
Cons
if you forgot to bring your lunch you had to work for 8 hrs.
Stressful
Charlotte Hall Council Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
Being an RA is very stressful, a lot of times there is a gray area of the course of action in a situation is. The job really requires you to do well under pressure
Great Place to work
Clinical research scholar (Current Employee) –  UNC NeuroscinecesMarch 14, 2017
Its a great place to work . Healthy working and learning environment around.
Great place with all the required sources .
Helpful people and colleagues
Varies by department
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 20, 2017
UNC is a great place to work with secure benefits.

Each department is different, meaning employees can each have a very different experience.

Salary is dictated by the state, which means raises are few and far between. An employee should be sure they are comfortable with their starting salary.
Pros
benefits, time off, job security
Cons
salary advancement, company advancement
Ideal place for development of character and education
Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 14, 2017
As a student-athlete on UNC's prestigious women's soccer team, I mastered the skill of time management through excelling academically and athletically. Extra training outside of structured practices was required in order to maintain my role as a 4-year starter. This has taught me the necessity of taking personal time to learn and refine skills that I have carried outside of the athletic realm. The extraordinary team environment that I lived in throughout my career allowed me to experience all roles from freshman follower through to becoming a senior captain. Beyond leading by example, as I gained experience on the team, I had to work more in skills of confrontation and holding others accountable for the good of the team.

Beyond the intensity of college athletics, I have always carried my schoolwork to high standards. Picking up a double major in Biology and Environmental studies allowed me to combine my interests of research, environmental concerns, and the humanitarian call for action.
good place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 12, 2016
This is awesome place to work, management is wonderful. Everyone works together as a team in this place. The doctors really care about their patients and are also great to work with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
opened on weekends
A day at work.
Administrative Associate/Patient Liason (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 26, 2016
I have learned alot from this job because they have us do work for every area of the clinic since we are short staffed. That can be a good thing and bad, bad because they over work us and it just seems like as much as we do it never enough. My coworkers are all great and management could use help. The most enjoyable part of my job is working around people and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Clinic Management
Fun fast paced work
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 19, 2016
I would make nachos, hot dogs, and popcorn. I took orders from the spectators and relay them to my team members. My goal was to deliver the food in a timely matter.
Business and application specialist
Business and Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 4, 2016
Requirement gathering
Data mapping
Functional and technical documentation
Development
Business meeting with other schools
Unc chapel hill / renci
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 29, 2016
While working at UNC / RENCI I honed my skills and worked with a diverse array of people in both academia and the Research Triangle. I managed small teams and honed my skill set as a designer by working on numerous projects and budgets. The spectrum was anywhere from a simple two week project to a year long campaign that saw multi-collaborative efforts with multiple universities and companies. These experiences molded me into an experienced Creative Director that feels comfortable leading many different kinds of projects that deal with small to large budgets and small to large teams of people working towards a common goal.
Pros
Holidays, Paid Vacation
Cons
Difficulty moving any higher without PHD
UNC Charlotte Research Assistant
Teaching Assistant - Communication and Networking (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2015
The projects are good but the pay is not high it barely covers rent expenses. Overall its a good school but the job opportunities are not that great for engineer
I liked workin for this company
UNC - TEMPORARY (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 17, 2015
I liked this company they trained there employees,gave there employees the proper equipment to use to get the job done. I got along with the supervisers.
Pros
Was Trained properly
fun work enviornment
dietary assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 16, 2015
Get to meet a variety of people. prepare patient tray and deliver tray to patients rooms. after a few hors go pick up tray and drop it off at the cleaning station.
Pros
Vibrant enjoyable work day. Meet new people everyday.
Cons
short break, stand for long periods
Located in a rural community.
Assistant Professor, Social Work Department (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, NCAugust 31, 2015
UNCP is a small campus, located in a southeastern rural area. It is an University that takes pride on their beginning history linked to the Lumbee tribe. The University has changed since then, and the student population keeps growing.

The MSW program is considered as one of the largest in North Carolina and their orientation is on Advanced Generalist Practice. I had been fortunate to teach Advanced Clinical Courses, which is my passion.
Pros
The students in the master degree appreciate the knowledge they are acquiring.
Cons
The salary scale is low and the opportunities for salary increases have been minimal.
Great place to work and figure out future career plans.
Homecare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 29, 2015
Some really great co-workers, but very limited in regards to job advancement. From day one you will be put in a role and will work that role until you either take a lateral position or leave.
Pros
Employees
Cons
No room to advance your career.
Great Great Compnay
Epic Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 27, 2015
Contract position, would have loved a permanent job with this company. Stability, work environment, co-workers, management all great and helpful. I would recommend applying to UNC for many many reasons.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Commute