Uncg Employee Reviews

Great Leaders in the Workforce
Student (Former Employee) –  School of EducationJune 11, 2017
Knowledgeable, understanding, and confident professors that are genuinely there to help you and see you succeed. Professors go above and beyond to aid you in your in your path of becoming a future educator.
Summary
Mathematics Tutor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 7, 2017
Nice place
good environment
People are sometimes not the smartest but this isn't a top institutions but definitely you would find hard working people that are fun to work with.
Great place to work as a Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2017
A typical day is grading assignments, or spending time in the lab answering questions for students. I learned how to quickly analyze problems students had with Java and could give instant feedback. Professors are easy to get along with.
Good
Undergraduate TA forQuantitative Analysis Lab (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
I worked four hours a week to help students with their lab and graded their assignments. The students were easy to work with as was the other TA, I enjoyed teaching them.
Love being a Spartan Guide!
Spartan Guide (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 20, 2017
Being a college tour guide is insanely fun! You get to meet new people everyday and express your love for your university! There is never a dull moment when giving tours.
Pros
Great skills.
Cons
Minimal hours.
Great Opportunity if You're Asked
Transfer/Adult SOAR Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2017
I think it was by nomination only. It was pretty easy if you are a people person and can lead adult groups in ice-breaker and team-building activities, as well as learn the many resources available at UNCG. We were needed for about 22 cumulative hours 3 times a year in each week preceding student registration. Not time consuming but very draining.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
A great start to a career
student associate - UNCG (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2017
It's definitely a beginning to a good career. They teach you about how to handle basic research guidelines for later, larger laboratories.
Ra
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed being a resident advisor and working closely with students and coworkers to provide students with support for college.
Good management and good salary.
Police Officer/ Corporal (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2016
This is a good place to work. UNCG has a strong structure starting with the Chancellor. There is a lot of chances for overtime, problem is too much overtime and a lot of time away from the family.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Lot of time away from family.
Productive work place.
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 14, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with very productive co-workers. Everybody worked together as a team. Whenever a co-worker got behind in his or her work we all pitched in until the job was complete that is a typical day at work.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
No breaks
Very nice place to work as a student
Desk Assistant Housing and Residence Life (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2016
It was very great part time job to have as a student. It fits with my school schedule, I was able to do homework and complete schoolwork while working.
Fast-paced and fun work place
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at UNC Greensboro because of the great atmosphere and fun co-workers. The faculty there understand that education comes first and are very flexible when dealing with student workers.
its a great place to work
Food service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
Most of my co workers get alone with each other and we help each other get the job done and give great sportsmanship for our job duties
Pros
my job give bonuses and give great rewards
Cons
when they treat people different from different people on the job
kitchen worker
Utility worker/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2016
clean tables wash dishes change coolers very well working environment one supervisor was very unprofessional got along well with co workers the hardest part of the job was changing the water to the sinks and the enjoyable part was cleaning everything
Pros
for the lunchs for students
Cons
30 min breaks
A plethora of responsibilities
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 14, 2015
Depending on how busy the restaurant was, and it became very busy on weekends, I did everything from coordinating seating plans in order to seat as many people as allowed, took orders, ran food, and maintained an overall hygienic environment.
LaID BK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2015
Job is assistyed living. Ojk place to work pay sucks. You don't hasve the stress. I think that it would be good for a new cna.
College athletics is a great environment to work in.
Assistant Director of Athletics for Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 5, 2015
Being involved in a large Division One athletic program was quite rewarding in any number of ways. Had great relationships with the staff and the student athletes.
Pros
Being the Public Address Announcer for all of UNCG's major sports
Cons
Budgets were always cut due to overall University of North Carolina short fall, during recession that began in 2008
Work
Student IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2015
This is a wonderful establishment to work in and gain knowledge regarding information technology. I would recommend this job to anyone
UNCG Student Recreation Center
Student Campus Recreation, Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 3, 2014
It was my greatest pleasure to have been able to work there. I learned a lot from the cultured work community and the people who were there to make it all happened. A typical day is coming in to your fellow co-worker who is always smiling and cheerfully welcoming you in to the facility. I learned that any problems or issue that occurs is not just one person's fault, it is directly or indirectly everyone's fault. Management is pretty much a simple chain of command, with the head of department in charge of the graduate assistant, supervisors, and facility assistants. My co-workers are typically friendly, easy to get along with, and always willing to learn. The hardest part about my job was dealing with patron's frustration, denying patrons their entry rights without their UNCG ID card, and getting swamped with tasks and overloaded with patrons needing assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make EVERYONE's day brighter and more cheerful: whether it was the Head of the Financial Aids department, Professors, Doctorates, students, co-workers, management staffs, and many more who attends the UNCG Student Recreation Center.
Pros
Allowed to use equipment room space, flexible with school schedule, and the ability to meet anyone coming in.
Cons
Short hours, minimum wage
TO work safely and productively
Steam plant operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2014
My typical day at work is to be very productive and enjoy the day and learn all I can to do my job safely.
Pros
The work is not hard just study
Cons
Health Benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uncg. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3