Uncg

Uncg United States Employee Reviews

TO work safely and productively
Steam plant operator (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2014
Pros: the work is not hard just study
Cons: health benifits
My typical day at work is to be very productive and enjoy the day and learn all I can to do my job safely.
Good way to make friend
Tutor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Good place to meet other students and learn how to help them.
The hardest part is how to understand the diversity of students and help them achieve their academic goal.
Great Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: the convenience of living and working in the same place
Cons: not having enough hours
A typical day would include filing, answering calls, running errands for the office, and creating fliers for upcoming events within the dorm I worked.
I learned how to interact with a multitude of people.
Management was incredible, I actually lived in the dorm I was working for so the relationships built there were one of a kind.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the limited hours available along with balancing my class schedule.
I enjoyed getting to know everyone that lived in my dorm as well as forming great relationships with my co-workers.
Educational experience opportunity to grow and the benefits of being on a University were exciting
Staff Nurse, Evening C N A Coordinator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 24, 2013
Pros: great learning opportunity
Cons: only worked during the school year
Working with the medical staff, training the CNAs and working with the student population was interesting every day. The opportunity for growth was limited
Beautiful campus, never a dull moment. Wonderful people to work with.
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere, beautiful campus, always meet new people, flexible to life events, learning atmosphere
Cons: temporary employment is limited hourly and duration
Working as a temporary employee has its ups and downs at UNCG. On the upside, it's a beautiful campus, with a great culture. A fun work atmosphere that encourages continual learning. You're always meeting new people, and having new experiences.

On the downsides, you're a temporary employee. By NC Gov's decisions, you're limited to 29 hours a week, and a max of working 2 years as a temp. Not necessarily UNCG's fault, but something you have to deal with. This is compounded by UNCG not having enough full-time positions to go around.

Overall, it has, by far, been my favorite place to work.
Non-profit organization
Member of Economic Club (Former Employee), NCAugust 18, 2013
Nice student union, it is mostly for african but all students are welcome to join
I am privileged to be attending UNCG
Student (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2013
As a student at UNCG I have learned a great deal about sociology. Studying the disciplines of sociology has helped me in my ability to understand the diverse areas of human kind as it exists today.
Volunteer Work
Basketball Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2013
Fun as it has always been working with young kids with all of my teammates and coaches.
highest paid job on campus
Student Success Center Tutor (Former Employee), greensboroSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: pay, flexibility
if you work there long and really do your job well, the raise you get is worth it. You are tutoring the subjects that you have already taken so teach others how you learned. easy.
Intern
Dean of Students Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2012
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: i wish they had an opening so i could work here all the time!
Intern in the Dean of Students office for Spring 2012. I had a great time in this office and they really do a lot to help students.
UNCG
Work Study- Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 14, 2012
UNCG was a good school to go to and get my degree in Biology. I learned a lot in setting up the labs for the Biology Department.
I learned alot from small office working space
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2012
• Entered data such as personal information to insure employees get paid.
• Created account forms, phone calls
• Filed and assisted in other duties as needed.
Being a sandwhich maker.
Sandwhich Maker (Former Employee), Greensboro NCApril 10, 2012
Pros: having nothing to do when the students are hungry.
Cons: the part is when making a different sandwhiches.
This job was exciting. It was a very easy job all i did was make sandwhiches for the students at the the college and keep thinks in order.
Public university
President of BAP Accounting Honor Society (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 25, 2012
Pros: less expensive
Cons: lack of distinction
I never worked here...just went to college here. Nothing special to tell. Just a normal, average sized, state university. I had a good time going to school there....I made many awesome friends....but I was glad to finish.
College campus, always plenty of work, state employees offering different challenges for management
Buildings Superintendant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2012
Pros: managed theree trade shops, carpentry, painting, and locksmith. great group of men, performed their work generally well.
Cons: lots of busy work, figuring reno estimates just for budget requests
Maintained all state buildings and served as a Project Manager for compus modifications and additiions.