Uncg Employee Reviews in United States

Very nice place to work as a student
Desk Assistant Housing and Residence Life (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 6, 2016
It was very great part time job to have as a student. It fits with my school schedule, I was able to do homework and complete schoolwork while working.
Fast-paced and fun work place
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working at UNC Greensboro because of the great atmosphere and fun co-workers. The faculty there understand that education comes first and are very flexible when dealing with student workers.
its a great place to work
Food service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
Most of my co workers get alone with each other and we help each other get the job done and give great sportsmanship for our job duties
Pros
my job give bonuses and give great rewards
Cons
when they treat people different from different people on the job
kitchen worker
Utility worker/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2016
clean tables wash dishes change coolers very well working environment one supervisor was very unprofessional got along well with co workers the hardest part of the job was changing the water to the sinks and the enjoyable part was cleaning everything
Pros
for the lunchs for students
Cons
30 min breaks
A plethora of responsibilities
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 14, 2015
Depending on how busy the restaurant was, and it became very busy on weekends, I did everything from coordinating seating plans in order to seat as many people as allowed, took orders, ran food, and maintained an overall hygienic environment.
LaID BK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2015
Job is assistyed living. Ojk place to work pay sucks. You don't hasve the stress. I think that it would be good for a new cna.
College athletics is a great environment to work in.
Assistant Director of Athletics for Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 5, 2015
Being involved in a large Division One athletic program was quite rewarding in any number of ways. Had great relationships with the staff and the student athletes.
Pros
Being the Public Address Announcer for all of UNCG's major sports
Cons
Budgets were always cut due to overall University of North Carolina short fall, during recession that began in 2008
Work
Student IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2015
This is a wonderful establishment to work in and gain knowledge regarding information technology. I would recommend this job to anyone
UNCG Student Recreation Center
Student Campus Recreation, Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 3, 2014
It was my greatest pleasure to have been able to work there. I learned a lot from the cultured work community and the people who were there to make it all happened. A typical day is coming in to your fellow co-worker who is always smiling and cheerfully welcoming you in to the facility. I learned that any problems or issue that occurs is not just one person's fault, it is directly or indirectly everyone's fault. Management is pretty much a simple chain of command, with the head of department in charge of the graduate assistant, supervisors, and facility assistants. My co-workers are typically friendly, easy to get along with, and always willing to learn. The hardest part about my job was dealing with patron's frustration, denying patrons their entry rights without their UNCG ID card, and getting swamped with tasks and overloaded with patrons needing assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make EVERYONE's day brighter and more cheerful: whether it was the Head of the Financial Aids department, Professors, Doctorates, students, co-workers, management staffs, and many more who attends the UNCG Student Recreation Center.
Pros
allowed to use equipment room space, flexible with school schedule, and the ability to meet anyone coming in.
Cons
short hours, minimum wage
TO work safely and productively
Steam plant operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2014
My typical day at work is to be very productive and enjoy the day and learn all I can to do my job safely.
Pros
the work is not hard just study
Cons
health benifits
Good way to make friend
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Good place to meet other students and learn how to help them.
The hardest part is how to understand the diversity of students and help them achieve their academic goal.
Great Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day would include filing, answering calls, running errands for the office, and creating fliers for upcoming events within the dorm I worked.
I learned how to interact with a multitude of people.
Management was incredible, I actually lived in the dorm I was working for so the relationships built there were one of a kind.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the limited hours available along with balancing my class schedule.
I enjoyed getting to know everyone that lived in my dorm as well as forming great relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
the convenience of living and working in the same place
Cons
not having enough hours
Educational experience opportunity to grow and the benefits of being on a University were exciting
Staff Nurse, Evening C N A Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 24, 2013
Working with the medical staff, training the CNAs and working with the student population was interesting every day. The opportunity for growth was limited
Pros
great learning opportunity
Cons
only worked during the school year
Beautiful campus, never a dull moment. Wonderful people to work with.
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2013
Working as a temporary employee has its ups and downs at UNCG. On the upside, it's a beautiful campus, with a great culture. A fun work atmosphere that encourages continual learning. You're always meeting new people, and having new experiences.

On the downsides, you're a temporary employee. By NC Gov's decisions, you're limited to 29 hours a week, and a max of working 2 years as a temp. Not necessarily UNCG's fault, but something you have to deal with. This is compounded by UNCG not having enough full-time positions to go around.

Overall, it has, by far, been my favorite place to work.
Pros
fun atmosphere, beautiful campus, always meet new people, flexible to life events, learning atmosphere
Cons
temporary employment is limited hourly and duration
Non-profit organization
Member of Economic Club (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 18, 2013
Nice student union, it is mostly for african but all students are welcome to join
I am privileged to be attending UNCG
Student (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2013
As a student at UNCG I have learned a great deal about sociology. Studying the disciplines of sociology has helped me in my ability to understand the diverse areas of human kind as it exists today.
Volunteer Work
Basketball Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2013
Fun as it has always been working with young kids with all of my teammates and coaches.
highest paid job on campus
Student Success Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  greensboroSeptember 4, 2012
if you work there long and really do your job well, the raise you get is worth it. You are tutoring the subjects that you have already taken so teach others how you learned. easy.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Intern
Dean of Students Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2012
Intern in the Dean of Students office for Spring 2012. I had a great time in this office and they really do a lot to help students.
Pros
great place to work!
Cons
i wish they had an opening so i could work here all the time!
Uncg
Work Study- Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 14, 2012
UNCG was a good school to go to and get my degree in Biology. I learned a lot in setting up the labs for the Biology Department.

4.3