Uncle Bob's Self Storage

Uncle Bob's Self Storage Employee Reviews

Job and employees were great
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: great BENEFITS 401K
Cons: i belelive there was a religion problem
the area where I was located the customer treated you like slaves. the literally wanted you to get down on your hands and knees to do for them. Other than that it was an awesome experience
Great learning experience
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 7, 2015
Uncle Bob's was a great learning experience in leadership. I was responsible for a property of over 400 spaces containing the personal belongings of others.
Former Employee
Store Manager (Former Employee), AlabamaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: hours are good. customer experience is good.
Cons: poor management experience. hardly any follow through. bad pay for the expectations.
Uncle Bobs was a good company when I started with them. Then they turned from customer oriented to money oriented. Area Managers roam freely with little supervisor from corporate which leads to a lot of favoritism and often changing policies to benifit their views of management. Upper management supports them 100% preventing things from ever leveling out. Th AM and I had it out on more than one occasion over company policy painting a target on my back. Proved I was within company policy and there was a total disregard for ethic. I went to both HR and to the RVP and got no where. Even had both emails and recordings that proved the behavior of the AM and their interactions with store personnel and it fell on deaf ears.
Learned many great things there
Store Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 22, 2015
The company is no longer in business. We would service swimming pools and their equipment. Check chemical levels and make adjustments as necessary. In-ground liner replacement, clean ups, open and close pools for the season.
Very difficult work environment. Corporate tells you one way to behave, direct management tells you another.
General Manger (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2014
Pros: the work itself was enjoyable if you can put up with the corporate bs
Cons: a culture of dog eat dog and backbiting. if you are not young and attractive don't bother, they have no use for anyone over 30.
Not a good company to work for. If you follow the rules you are out of favor with your area manager, if you don't you will be out of a job. If your area manager doesn't like you, he will find a way to fire you. I have seen too many good employees fired because they were not liked by management, not because they did anything wrong.

If you are female and/or over 30, forget working for this company. You will never get fair treatment. It is a good ole boys network and very youth oriented.
Productive and fast paced
Property Manager (Former Employee), Bedford TXSeptember 15, 2014
Primary role for facility manager, I assisted every customer with finding the right size unit needed. Following with application and billing process keeping in mind to up sale. I maintained at least a 93% capacity ratio facility in whole.
Associate Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
renting spaces, preparing rental agreements, handling financial transactions and banking activities,
maintaining a working knowledge of all product and services, maintaining general curb appeal, cleaning spaces, other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Great place to work.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Mableton, GAAugust 31, 2014
Typical day at work consists of showing storage spaces to potential customers, attempting to reconcile delinquent accounts, and general upkeep of the property. Management is great. They give you the freedom to learn duties on your own but still offer guidance when needed. Hardest part of the job would be following legal procedures regarding the auctioning of delinquent units. If not done correctly, it can hurt the company.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Jackson MissJuly 29, 2014
Pros: flexiable work schedule
Cons: no job advancement.
This job is very good place to work. I have currently been with this company almost three years but the job has no room for advancement. I been in the same postion I have been in since I got hired due to the managers being long time workers and not moving up themselves. ovreall I love my job because of my customer but because of me wanted to advance I have to look for an better opportunity.
Meeting customers and getting to know them
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: work inside and outside and with customers
Cons: too many reports
Have worked at Uncle Bob’s self storage as assistant manager for 6 months gaining the experience of a 710 unit location with Truck Rentals and learning all facets of the business. Typical day consisted of making rounds checking the units, cleaning vacated units, selling customers storage space and additional products and general maintenance of premises.
Freedom
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: freedom work solo
Cons: not much to do except for 1st and 15 moving days
Freedom. Not much to do except for 1st and 15 moving days. Great hour 9-6. Work solo.
Productive place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, AlJune 10, 2014
Pros: customer oriented
Cons: small staff
This is definitely a productive place to work. Overall I enjoyed my time with this company.
okay work place
Office Administrator/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus,ohioJune 10, 2014
Management makes assistant managers work every weekend
management does a lot of complaining about the company
overall a good company
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: great team work.
Great team work. Had fun and got the job done., I had an opportunity to know my co-workers on a more personal level and found that we had a lot in common.
Avoid at all cost.
Store Manager (Former Employee), RIApril 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: miserable management, lack of support
This company blantantly ignores state labor laws and retaliates against any employee who brings it to their attention. Do not let them get away with this. As an employee, know your rights and demand the company be in compliance. Consult your local department of labor, or federal if need be. They will answer questions anonymously and give you information needed to proceed with a complaint if the company refuses to listen. Good luck. Only you can make this company a good place to work for as upper managment doesn't care. In fact, most of them hate their jobs due to severe cut backs in bonus structures and redistribution of responsibilities.
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 21, 2014
I really enjoy working for this company. We are all about business, but we still have time to socialize. I constantly make and receive collection calls, while multitasking on various computer screens at the same time. We are also required to clean out vacant units to prepare for the next move-in that we may have. In the office, there is plenty of paper filing, organizing, and cash handling.
Fun Place to work to interact with many different types of customers
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 5, 2014
My day start at 830 am ( half hour before open) I check cash draw and petty cash to make sure we have what is needed for this location. I run a customer paid report and make sure i remove any over lock we may have put incase customer didn't pay. I match bank deposit from night before, check email and voice mails from customers.Once 9am comes I call back customer who left voicemail and answer any question they have. Open all doors and make sure gates are operational.
I learn how the storage business has many law and lots of detail documents and all it take to make sure customers items are stored safely and with clement control for better maintenance of the stored items.
Management in this location is straightforward , they give you your daily goals and make sure you meet them. My co-workers are great and we help out each other out with out hesitation.
Hardest part of the job is many time you see customers that can't left or pull items out of their cars/ trucks that they are storing and by company policy I can not help them with their property, its very hard telling a customer that i can't help them due to policy.
I love customers interaction and helping them with their needs. I enjoy listening to them and how the paint a picture to better help them. Building a report with them. Just knowing my personality can make a difference in a customer outlook on a company
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Pensacola FloridaDecember 24, 2013
Best Job I ever had!
Awesome work schedule. Would love to return to this job.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers
Great Jjob with good benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 29, 2013
I loved working for Uncle Bobs it was a great learning experience. I would honestly say it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I would recommend this job for anyone. Its hard work and must be very detail oriented with good customer service skills but a fantastic place.

About Uncle Bob's Self Storage

Sovran Self Storage may not be the ruler of all storage companies, but it does have the power to store your goods. A self-administered – Read more

Uncle Bob's Self Storage Salaries