Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Felt like working in high school
Graphic Designer, MFO (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2016
Relocate you, tell you your doing great, then cut you out of the blue. Lots of gossip and cliquey people. If you don't fit into the culture, don't even think you will be able to make a wave of potentially good effort here. Because you will be exiled and looked down on.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
horrible place to work
n/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2016
working at this job have given me a new experience because I have never worked in a warehouse and I have just learned so much by just doing different things.
I enjoy working at under armour
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 3, 2016
the lunch rooms where nice the management really helped there workers i just didnt like how they didnt really have opportunites to get hired
Poor
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
Under Armour Chicago Brand House is a convenient place to work if a person is looking for a well paying part time job that is also flexible. The management is not great, explaining the high turnover rate.
Pros
Pay and flexibility
Great Company
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2016
I was only there for a few weeks, but the atmosphere was such a positive place. The employees were so friendly and easy to talk to. It was hard to go into a new environment and try to learn the way they work in such a short time, but everyone was very helpful and friendly.
Friendly work place with a home-y feel
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 27, 2016
Employees were always happy to see each other. Management at my location was wonderful. Store was always kept clean and straightend. Very cooperative work-family that enjoyed helping one another. Comfortable work-place uniform and had a relaxed environment.
Productive and fun experience
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMarch 22, 2016
Was happy every time I walked in and everyone was great there. Learned how to open and close the registers. Counted the safe and deposits. Worked on floor sets and helped open other stores. Hardest thing was not having enough team members to finish the shipment. Most enjoyable at the job was having fun with team members and customers.
Pros
Benefits, fun environment
Cons
salary, hours.
very fun
Bulk/Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDMarch 18, 2016
very exciting to learn new things excel in customer services
to get grasps of every race from black to Hispanic and to be part of a company as it grows
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
wages
It is a fun work environment to work in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 14, 2016
Under Armour has a fun work environment to work at, but the managing staff is the only down fall. Policies are only enforced by managers towards no-management staff. Management staff is not held accountable.
Pros
50% off of merchandise
Cons
management staff
great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZMarch 10, 2016
the management team work hard to develop your skills in communication, and teamwork. they also create a fun environment to work in.
Descent place for temporary work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMarch 5, 2016
During orientation, it's like you're about to work in a high scale business, but once you begin working everything changes immediately.
The group I began with was told that we would start off making $15 an hour, then when you receive your first paycheck, you find out that it was a lie.
Moving up in the company is a joke, a lot of favoritism happens there.
At times they will run out of work, meaning you miss 3 or 4 days of no work making your paycheck like a check for gas for your vehicle.
You meet some pretty interesting people but the company tells so many lies that I would never work for them again, ever.
Pros
Descent teamwork
Cons
False employment information, short breaks, favoritism, lack of work, false income, lack of opportunities.
inventory product
home base (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 17, 2016
it was a good company to work great people in my team to work with great company to work for i learn to be a team player with my coworkers what i learn was to work fast my coworkers were great to work with
Growing company with room to grow
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Under armour is a wonderful place to work with quite a bit of room to move up. new stores are opening daily. management in store to corporate all reach out and listen to ideas from associates. shifts are manageable from 4-9 hours with breaks included.
Productive and Fun Work Enviornment
Shipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day involves processing shipment and working with customers.
I learned a lot about the product at Under Armour and learned better customer service skills.
The management is excellent. They work with you to keep you happy and enjoy the work place.
Co workers always come and go but you become close with them when working side by side every day.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short shifts.
Compared to Other Retailers
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2016
Under Armour is great compared to other retailers and across all industries the benefits package is hard to beat. However, retail in general is for the single or married without children. If you do have a family, don't plan on being the parent who can just leave work early to go pick up a sick child if you are on the store management team. It's really hard to find time to take that two weeks of PTO we work so hard for because so much time is blacked out and you can't have two managers away at the same time. You should also hope nothing happens where you will need extended time off because you will use up all of your PTO for that. If you feel like none of these situations apply to you, then a retail management career with Under Armour is fun, challenging and rewarding. Also, non traditional work schedules are very convenient for some (i.e. it's a lot less stressful to run all of your errands on a slow week-day than it is on a weekend when you're trying to contend with events and get-togethers as well). However, working weekends means you either miss out on everything with your family or you're too tired to attend oftentimes. So, this review is really nothing against UA specifically, just retail in general but remember, all jobs have their pros and cons.
A good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 6, 2016
a good job, but "part time" means 4 hours a week to them... it started off i was getting 12 hours a week but they started giving more hours to the "brown nosing" part timers, and took time away from myself and a few other workers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not enough hours unless full time
Constant movement.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDFebruary 5, 2016
Although I was not with this company long I enjoyed that I constantly moved, and was not just sitting still. I enjoyed using the SCU gun.

I did not like the long hours that were available but, was willing to work them.
Pros
Constant pace
Cons
nice staff but low pay no hours
Sorter/Packer (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 28, 2016
I work there now team 4 distrib, sorting with rf they gave me three days 11 hrs a day overtime after 33hrs wich we never get get called off once a week checks come out to about 200 if your lucky
Cons
security to strict
Excellent workplace
Selling Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Fulfilling customer needs kind of drives me a bit. I get to chance to give them a pleasant shopping experience; one that I would want myself. That job taught me everything I could know about retail. My coworkers are great people. We're a diverse family.
Pros
Being around sports all day
Cons
Sometimes, no breaks
Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2016
Great relationships with Supervisor(s) & Team leaders. Like that there is a feeling of mutual respect between associates & managerial
staff. Day @ work begins with Sup getting all of us together in a huddle, tells us if we met our goal & how by how much. Then someone leads us in 5-10 mins of stretching exercises. Co-workers are helpful to learn from if I don't know what or how something is supposed to be done.Hardest part is around evening time with maybe an hour left to work & shipment arrives with very heavy boxes to be stacked. Enjoyable part is walking off the floor for the day knowing I did the best I could
Pros
T shirt or water bottles give away
Cons
Short lunches