Underground by Journeys Employee Reviews

Super fun, friendly employees
Retail Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 6, 2018
It was a fun place to work for my first job! I learned to basically do everything, retail & work with the cash register & stock shoes & communicate with customers.
Pros
40% off
Cons
No breaks
fun environment, stocking
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 5, 2018
Great work place, Fun environment, Good coworkers, working a lot with shipment as well as putting up stock, making sure displays are made and available for customers to see
Alright workplace and really laid back
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2018
During my time at Journey's, I learned how to use a different computer system and to communicate with different people easier. There just was no control from the higher ups. I felt as if I were the only one working at times.
Pros
Bathroom break
Cons
Longer shifts, but not compensated check wise
Relaxed and comfortable workplace with cool managers and coworkers.
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2018
A typical day a Journey's Underground is fun. I actually look forward to going to work and meeting the customers. I love my managers and coworkers. The vibe is very relaxing and cool.
Pros
Nice customers, good discount, etc
productive and fun palce to work at
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 20, 2018
a place where i learned how to be a great co manager. my team like to work as i went through my day. learned how to do shipping and receiving of items.
Pros
discount
Cons
customers complain
Fun relaxed but competitive.
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It was my first manager experience as i was a manager there. I liked having responsibilities in the end it was worth the hours. I enjoyed having a leadership role and making others around me better.
Productive yet fun workplace filled with great employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Working at Jouneys was a great experience for me all around. Although the position was only temporary, I met some influential people there and learned a lot about responsibility and customer service
Has some of the strangest staff.
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 15, 2018
The job is extremely simple when there are less people working. You're able to accompany your customer to their every need, help them from the moment they walk in until the moment they walk out. When more than a hand full of people are scheduled at the same time it becomes difficult to work. Co-workers that aren't working with customers always stand around on the front floor, goofing off,
Pros
Willing to work around student's schedules
Cons
Staff and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2018
Working for this company, it was a learning experience for me because it was my first job. If it was not for poor management, my experience would have been a greater.
Fun work place
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 31, 2017
Fun place to work, but little room for advancement, they under pay and the hours are going to be 50+ for managers. Great job for high school though as a part timer. Very open and accepting work place.
Fast Paste relaxed fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2017
Working for journeys underground was fun fast in stressful relaxed job mangment was great. It was fun working there because we got to listen to music while we sale shoes to people and talk to customers and then I would have to say it was relaxed because at some point in the day it wouldn’t be busy at all.
Job
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2017
Underground by Journeys was a very chill environment to work in. Staff was great, store vibe was great, only complaint would be the pay. Very cool job, just did not pay enough.
Fun
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The environment was great, the manager was nice. I learned a lot of new things working here. Co workers werr fun to work with. I definitely recommend this for other people.
Urban and youthful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work consists working with a variety of people, answering questions and keeping them satisfied. It is fun and has a youthful outlook.
Overall a good starting job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
Definitely be on time and be productive I would never say make friends here but definitely stay focus and build your career very fast paced and very stressful
Pros
The discounts, Helps you build your character
Cons
They don’t train you for positions your supposedly going to get.
Productive, Fun, Amazing learning inviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 1, 2017
Work days were always good
learned how to communicate with costumers
learned how to run registers and how to make the end of day deposits.
Energetic environment
positive attitudes
and amazing manager and assistant manager
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mondawmin Mall Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2017
A typical day at Journey's was super fun. The work team got along, we worked well together. I learned how to deal with all types of people. The managers were strict but cool at the same time. The hardest part of the job was probably the customers but eventually you learn how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part is just the environment in general. I worked there when I was 17 so the pay was ok with me then, it was minimum wage. Im sure the pay is better now because minimum wage has went up a couple times since then.
Pros
Fun.
Not a good work environment
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2017
Hours are poor , management is not professional no room for growth with company. A lot of problems that are never fixed company isn’t together they don’t stand by their employees
takes job seriously
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2017
They take their job to seriously and if you dont meet quotes by the end of the week you will get fired. Your are required to sell more than just shoes to the customer. Its like you have to pressure the customer to get one item of each merchandise.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
They closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2017
The company went bankrupt and is no longer open. I had a great time working never went up. I found a job at tmobile and I'm still there 3 years later.
Pros
Shoes
Cons
No longer