Underground by Journeys

Underground by Journeys Employee Reviews

fast pace
Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: manager perks
Cons: work whole shift, no breaks
As a manager I've had the chance to build a motivated and reliable team. The hardest part of the job is loosing good employees due to school or personal issues
Great Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pensacola, FL (Cordova Mall)January 7, 2015
Pros: outstanding company to work for
Great job, meet a lot of people also insuring they are getting the best deal and having them feel assured they have purchased the best product from Underground by Journeys.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work consist of greeting customers, stocking shelves and selling merchandise. In learned how to process shipment and send out shipments. I also learned to stock and count the register during closing. The management wasn't all that bad. my manager was very helpful when it was needed. My co-workers were great. we all got along very well. There was no hard part. It was easy to adapt to the environment and I learned very quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace work.
FUN WORK PLACE WITH GREAT PEOPLE
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLDecember 13, 2014
EVERYONE IS CONSIDERED FAMILY THAT WORKED THERE AND WE ALL GOT ALONG GREAT AND MADE A GREAT TEAM.
Lively Workplace that keeps you busy
Part Time Retail Sales (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: breaks whenever you needed them.
Cons: unsatisfiable customers.
I loved this job. It might have been my only one but in less than six months I was promoted to Assistant Manager. My hard work and dedication was noticed and paid off. I was one for almost six more months. It is a promote within company. I love the leadership skills this job taught me. It especially trained me on working with the public. Salesmanship is what this job was all about. I'm convinced I can sell just about anything. I had to leave due to relocation and it was very very sad for me. Working with Journeys is like having a second family where it's all about teamwork. That's something I'll never forget.
Fun Urban
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: little to no work hours
Underground by Journeys is a pretty fun, cool,laid back work environment and the employees and management are just as great and very supportive.Working there teaches you sales pitch, stock room responsibilities, and keeps you up with the latest styles. The hardest part of this job though is learning the stock room and memorizing the order of stock numbers and shoe sections. But once you're past that is gets pretty simple. The most enjoyable part of the job is how hilarious and fun everyone is. its something to keep you busy, and that employee discount is great.
Genesco Company Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), east blackstock road, spartanburg, sc 29301October 15, 2014
Pros: experience gained
Cons: management with "bad" work attitude
My time working for Underground and Journeys was a good work experience, the coworkers were wonderful the job was easy enough but challenging enough to want to grow in the company. The management however, they did not want to be there and made that very clear. They lived on their own schedule always late, always leaving early and never pulling their own weight. However, the company experience was overall a very nice retail learning experience and I rose up the ladder quickly and was quickly promoted to Assistant Manager.
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager/Manager In Training (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 30, 2014
Great entry level with opportunity to grow with a company that is diverse and enjoying
Great place to work and produce great relationships with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2014
Worked in a well rounded environment
Enjoyed working in the backroom
Management was very professional and precise
Co-workers were great people to communicate with
I learned that the experience was well worth the opportunity of working there
Great Job!!!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pensacola,FLMay 5, 2014
Best Job in the World, Great co-workers. great health benefitsa for family
Shoe Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norridge, ILApril 15, 2014
I learned how to talk to customers. I learned how to keep the customers satisfied. I learned how to use the register. I learned how to make online orders also. My co-workers were really nice people to work with. Keeping a good aura in the workplace was the number one priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different kinds of people.
Great discount but no growth
Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Underground by Journeys has showed me that you should not settle.
Best work atmosphere
Co-manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: long hours
Genesco is a great company to work for. They hire and advance from within and offer great benefits. It's also a fun work environment.
Pretty alright place to work
Sales Associate, Internship (Former Employee), National City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
I believe that this place is a good place to work but It wasn't really for me. Maybe because as an intern I didn't really get the chance to make an actual sale with my managers. I just greeted the customers, helped them out with what they needed to find in the small store I interned at, and tidy up the place. All in all its a fine place to work.
Ghetto workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte,, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: unprofessional
Often the employees would keep drama going in the store. Employees were bad about not working together but instead competing with one another and trying to outdo the next person. The higher management positions also bribed people with discounts and numbers in order to get things purchased for themselves. It was a very unprofessional work environment.
Calm Work Place
Sales/Stocking/Shipment (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: short hours
learned how to send out and receive shipment for the store
Got along very well with my co-workers
Hardest part of the job is holidays and hectic work hours
Most exciting part of the job is meeting new people, and helping find everything they need
Management wasn't very good on hours closer to resigning from the company.
N/A
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2013
Great company to work for, but the hours you work don't show in pay
My big Break
Co-Assistant manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 1, 2013
THIS JOB GAVE ME A CHANCE TO STEP UP TO MANAGMENT, IT WAS A HASSLE AT FIRST. BUT I GOT THE HANG OF IT DID GREAT, WELL AT THAT. I WAS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING DOING MY JOB AND MY STORE MANAGERS JOB. THI SJOB ALLOWED ME TO REALIZE I DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKE TO TAKE FULL CHARGE LEADERSHIP!!!
Store was a good work place,
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for the store. Was able to learn how to sell different items and also was able to be social with customers.
Young, positive atmosphere with great ability to advance at a rapid pace.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2013
My day contains me having fun selling shoes to people. My job is to make sure that you have the best shoe shopping experience ever. I've learned that I am not successful without having great co workers to make the job and the day easy. The hardesst part is if you are not properly training your staff and having backup managers, you could be stuck working open to close all the time. That's no fun. The most enjoyable part is making loyal customers. They consistantly come back as their first stop to the mall just to see what you have in stock. Also as a manager, you get rewards for performing your best.

Underground by Journeys Salaries

Sales Representative
$7.25 per hour

Underground by Journeys Photos

The day before christmass
This was an idea of a Part Time of mine and that day we sell all item of superheroes.