Underground by Journeys Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 22, 2017
I learned to also sell, since its a shoe store every person you want them to step foot and make sure they are getting the help they need, because at times not everyone is going to want to come in and buy shoes.
Pros
Discounts, Hours
Cons
Salary
Good temporary job, but nothing to make a future
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 5, 2017
The job itself is very straight forward but sometimes its very slow and can make the day drag and the pay isn't much. But I do recommend the job for anyone trying to get work experience or make some extra money
Very boring and not very spacious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 15, 2016
Although this job had its fun times. The bad outweighed the good when I began noticing acts of selfishness and misunderstandings took over in the workplace. The store-manager was really great at pep talking and joking with co-workers but he wasn't very understanding. Such as when situations with scheduling or when someone couldn't make it to work things didn't always get discussed properly. Overall the job itself was fun and easy, and most of the co-workers got along very well. Days either went really good and we were very busy and everyone was able to make their sales goals or days went bad and barley any of us made our goal.
Pros
40% discount, great co-workers, easy work place
Cons
standing around in one spot, management, hours.
Unprofessional work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 17, 2016
Non professional environment. Mostly high school females working there with 3 adult males. The manager allows things to happen in the back of the store that made me feel uncomfortable seeing as how these are high school girls we're talking about. The manager was a 40+ year old male who seemed to like it all just a little bit to much
Cool Casual Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2016
The store overall is great environment to be around but depending on the people around you and who the manager is. The hardest thing about the job was selling accessories no one really bought them because theyre over priced. I learned alot about people and how to manage my time work and money. My co-workers at the time were actually really helpful and caring and goofy but in January everyone was fired when the manager came back off of maternity leave including the co manager.
Pros
40% Off on Merch.
Cons
Pay wasnt good
Great work environment to self express through fashion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 14, 2016
I love the urban environment where you are able to dress with various Journeys apparel and shoes. Generous employee discount. However, your salary is mostly made through commision. Which is fine but checks vary.
Pros
Generous employee discount and no uniforms.
Cons
Merchandise was 90% similar to Journeys store just a hundred feet away in the same mall.
Fast-paced, productive, and a fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of completing goals given by my manager and helping customers in choosing shoes to buy. I also worked the cash register to sell and order shoes. I learned how to work quickly but efficiently, alone and with others. I took orders well and remained focused and organized. I got along well with my co-workers. I remained private but friendly. The hardest part of my job was selling enough socks with shoes. It was somewhat difficult to persuade customers to purchase ten dollar socks. The most enjoyable part of my job was being productive, helping customers, and being in the workplace in general.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 15, 2016
I loved everything about working for journeys. The co workers were amazing, they helped me a lot since I was new to the job and I appreciate it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
fun, goal- oriented work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
Working here was a great part- time experience for me. I really enjoyed my time working for this company. great co- workers and even better customers. it was a great fit for me at the time.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
Fun and lively place to work with amazing shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 29, 2016
It was a nice, productive, working environment. I learned better customer service and marketing skills. I gained goal orientated and motivational qualities from working here. Workers at journeys are the most welcoming and trendy sales associates I'v ever met. We were all young, optimistic, and outgoing. The most enjoyable part of working there was being in a laid back environment where working is surprisingly entertaining.
journeys
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIApril 25, 2016
its a fun and nice work place. i really enjoy working there and getting to know all the customers. the job is very easy to do and very fast paced.
Poor Business
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 15, 2016
Stop treating your employees like they are expendable. If you preach that your sales team is the heart and blood of the company pay them more than minimum wage or at least offer bonus incentives to keep them engaged. *Note: This is a corporate complaint, not a complaint to store managers specifically as they have no control over this.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Fun Workplace
PART TIME KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2016
I really loved working at Journeys. The people were loads of fun , the management was amazing and everyone had positive energy. Typical day working there is handling exchanges and purchases and returns. It was also a fast pace environment where you had to help more than 2 more people at once and caring up to 10 pounds of shoe boxes back and forth.
Great environment as well as amazing coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day would involve me clocking in and checking around the store to make sure everything was in place. Then, I would assist customers with whatever they needed and potentially check them out at the register if they found something they liked.
Bad Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 12, 2015
This company is big on culture. I love how diverse it is with this company. However, if you are not a store manager you are not included in the company's culture. They need to work on their management as well; they will allow almost anyone to be promoted, maybe because this company is failing.
Amazing Workplace
3rd Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 30, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers on a day to day basis.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Very Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2015
Very relaxed place to work, we were inspired to dress accordingly to our own style/culture which made it interesting. The managers were very fun. Not very many hours to give out.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours
Always upbeat and very efficient
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 10, 2015
Fun environment with great management. They trained us to be our best and get out there with the right attitude. We all had a sales goal and we all strived to reach it. No one gets left behind and everyone works to benefit the store. It is an excellent entry level job.
Pros
In store discount and great customer service training
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Humble, TxSeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here because of the people I work with. It's a simple job and getting to interact with customers and making sure they're satisfied is very rewarding.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short hours, minimum wage
Wishy Washy
Crew (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 24, 2015
Being that the mall was loosing business around this time, it was like shark infested waters you either reel in or get chewed out. I managed to reel in , with the achievement of beating the sales goal against my manager and co manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Underground by Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

70%