Underground by Journeys

Underground by Journeys Employer Reviews

Genesco Company Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), east blackstock road, spartanburg, sc 29301October 15, 2014
Pros: experience gained
Cons: management with "bad" work attitude
My time working for Underground and Journeys was a good work experience, the coworkers were wonderful the job was easy enough but challenging enough to want to grow in the company. The management however, they did not want to be there and made that very clear. They lived on their own schedule always late, always leaving early and never pulling their – more... own weight. However, the company experience was overall a very nice retail learning experience and I rose up the ladder quickly and was quickly promoted to Assistant Manager. – less
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager/Manager In Training (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 30, 2014
Great entry level with opportunity to grow with a company that is diverse and enjoying
Great place to work and produce great relationships with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2014
Worked in a well rounded environment
Enjoyed working in the backroom
Management was very professional and precise
Co-workers were great people to communicate with
I learned that the experience was well worth the opportunity of working there
Great Job!!!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pensacola,FLMay 5, 2014
Best Job in the World, Great co-workers. great health benefitsa for family
Shoe Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norridge, ILApril 15, 2014
I learned how to talk to customers. I learned how to keep the customers satisfied. I learned how to use the register. I learned how to make online orders also. My co-workers were really nice people to work with. Keeping a good aura in the workplace was the number one priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different kinds of people.
Great discount but no growth
Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Underground by Journeys has showed me that you should not settle.
Best work atmosphere
Co-manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: long hours
Genesco is a great company to work for. They hire and advance from within and offer great benefits. It's also a fun work environment.
Pretty alright place to work
Sales Associate, Internship (Former Employee), National City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
I believe that this place is a good place to work but It wasn't really for me. Maybe because as an intern I didn't really get the chance to make an actual sale with my managers. I just greeted the customers, helped them out with what they needed to find in the small store I interned at, and tidy up the place. All in all its a fine place to work.
Ghetto workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte,, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: unprofessional
Often the employees would keep drama going in the store. Employees were bad about not working together but instead competing with one another and trying to outdo the next person. The higher management positions also bribed people with discounts and numbers in order to get things purchased for themselves. It was a very unprofessional work environment.
Calm Work Place
Sales/Stocking/Shipment (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 3, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: short hours
learned how to send out and receive shipment for the store
Got along very well with my co-workers
Hardest part of the job is holidays and hectic work hours
Most exciting part of the job is meeting new people, and helping find everything they need
Management wasn't very good on hours closer to resigning from the company.
N/A
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2013
Great company to work for, but the hours you work don't show in pay
My big Break
Co-Assistant manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 1, 2013
THIS JOB GAVE ME A CHANCE TO STEP UP TO MANAGMENT, IT WAS A HASSLE AT FIRST. BUT I GOT THE HANG OF IT DID GREAT, WELL AT THAT. I WAS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING DOING MY JOB AND MY STORE MANAGERS JOB. THI SJOB ALLOWED ME TO REALIZE I DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKE TO TAKE FULL CHARGE LEADERSHIP!!!
Store was a good work place,
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for the store. Was able to learn how to sell different items and also was able to be social with customers.
Young, positive atmosphere with great ability to advance at a rapid pace.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2013
My day contains me having fun selling shoes to people. My job is to make sure that you have the best shoe shopping experience ever. I've learned that I am not successful without having great co workers to make the job and the day easy. The hardesst part is if you are not properly training your staff and having backup managers, you could be stuck working – more... open to close all the time. That's no fun. The most enjoyable part is making loyal customers. They consistantly come back as their first stop to the mall just to see what you have in stock. Also as a manager, you get rewards for performing your best. – less
Its a modern day type company to work for basically you can bring your personality out on the sales floor.
Associate Sales (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you can be yourself.
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours given.
My co-workers very awesome people to work with. My manager is very bi-polar, but i still manage to do all my duties for that day without any mistakes. A typical day at work is mostly busy so there is no time to play around we have to sale sale sale sale!
Good for those just looking for something to do
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Cheektowaga NYJuly 14, 2013
-Extremely slow workdays
-Management is not bad
-Co-workers are friendly
-Nothing hard about the job
-Going on break is the most enjoyable part of the day
Mediocre Job
Key holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 18, 2013
Its a regular job with real lessons. It teaches you punctuality, visual and financial marketing strategies. I learned how to process shipping and handling procedures. I became in charge of staff so in strengthening my leadership qualities.
Organized Management with shoes
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Lincolnwood, ILJune 16, 2013
A typical day at work was constantly making sure customers were taken care of, answering their questions about prices, promotions, and ordering items. I learned how to work in the stock room, operate a cash register, and techniques on to making sales. My co-workers are self-centered and don't work too well together, and I'm all about teamwork. The hardest – more... part of the job was learning the sale steps but I have it figured out now. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers satisfied with their purchase. – less
Fun workplace to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 6, 2013
I love to assist customers and help others put outfits together with the shoes. A typical day at work consists of working with the public, going to get the required shoe(s) the customer asked for and making a sell. I love the management at this job. The managers like to know whats going on with us so they can understand us better. I love my co-workers – more... they are a fun crew to work with. My co-workers and I get along really good. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help out a customer and I make sure they are satisfied before they leave. – less
Great Place
Store Manager/Authorized Auditor, Genesco (Current Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: advancement
Cons: working open-close every day for a whole month.
Great company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities.