Underground Elephant Employee Reviews in United States

Colloborative agile environment (literally)
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
I've worked here for over a year, and have loved the autonomy, collaboration and agile work environment. (The company uses agile software development methodology, which allows us to piviot and make adjustments to our roadmap easily). The engineers that work here are great to work with which makes our lives in project management a lot easier. Our main stakeholders are all internal (not really client based work) so this also helps when we have competing deadlines and resources. Our development teams start the day with a daily stand-up and enjoy our new no meeting Wednesday and our "Development Plugged In Fridays" which is a day when we're not supposed to talk to the developers so they can focus. It's been helpful to improve productivity on all sides.
Pros
flexibility, great people, autonomy
Cons
the sales side of the business has higher turnover, but that seems typical for the industry
Not a place to work for a long time
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
This was a decent place to get some experience for my career but I couldn't stay very long. In general the marketing department doesn't seem to have a direction and that's the nicest thing I can say about the managers in that department.
Pros
you'll get experience for the next place, free lunches on occasion, coworkers are all in the same boat
Cons
everything else, coworkers are all in the same boat
Great Experience
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 29, 2013
My time at Underground Elephant helped me build skill-sets that are helping me at my new job. I really enjoyed the extensive training and appreciated the first person coaching. They pay a bit under market being a start-up, so I left for a bigger opportunity
Pros
experience, culture and perks
Cons
compensation, parking
high turnover and bad management team
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Company full of young people, extremely high turnover rate, the management team is not organized. If you like corporate environment, this is not the place for you.
Profitable company with a lot of young professionals
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2013
I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn new marketing skills from several individuals who were willing to teach me. But I felt like the company hired interns and didnt know what to do with them. My weekly reports were often redundant because I didnt have enough constructive work throughout the day. No one seemed to be responsible for teaching/overseeing our daily activities unless we had a question for them.
great place to learn
Managment (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 29, 2013
I have been at Underground Elephant for almost five years and the experience has been rewarding. Everyday I enjoy solving new problems and thinking of new ways to help our clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Underground Elephant. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3