Underground Elephant Employee Reviews

Love the people at UE as much as the work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
There's a lot of things I love about working for Underground Elephant and one of them is the people I work with. As a front desk associate, I get to see almost everybody that goes in and out of the office and every single one of them are friendly and easy to deal with, especially the upper management.

And also, the benefits I get from UE is one of my motivations in making sure that I do my job effectively.
Pros
UE encourages me to become better in what I do and aim for more
Cons
It would be better to get a full-time position for job security
Sense of fulfillment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
Working here at UE has given me so much sense of fulfillment. Being able to get to work everyday and making sure that the needs and welfare of all the employees are taken care of gives my job meaning.

It is nice to work in an environment wherein you see that every single employee works hand in hand with everyone knowing that each one's success is the entire company's success.

I am so happy to be part of UE.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
They should make parking free for employees
Working at UE has taught me a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
One of the best things I will always cherish working in UE is the people I worked with. Everybody is friendly and helpful and it made all the work less stressful. Medical benefits is good too!
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Compensation can be better
Great coworkers. Phenomenal Learning Experience.
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
UE has so far been a whirlwind of experience. It has the startup vibe, so you may find yourself wearing many hats. If you plan on running your own company one day, UE is a great place to learn the ropes. I'm in sales and yes it is hard and yes it is challenging but good things aren't handed to you on a silver platter. Trust me if you work hard you will succeed at this company and/or learn so much here that you'll be a rockstar at your next company. Besides that there are many perks such as an open office concept, free refreshments, casual dress code, etc.
Pros
Challenging work environment. Tons of growth opportunities.
Cons
paid parking
Good if you want to learn in a sink or swim environment.
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2017
Good company if you want to learn in a fast-paced environment. Most roles are hybrid, so you can touch multiple facets of UE. However, they do not offer training and do not have sales/operation processes.
Pros
Open Bar and located in Downtown San Diego.
Cons
Lower salary base
Trendy Office, Terrible Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
The work environment was stressful, with a constant fear of mass layoffs, and inappropriate/incompetent executives. I felt like the trendy work environment and perks, like donuts and happy hours were just lipstick on a pig.
Pros
cool office, young employees, great location
Cons
low salary, expensive parking, terrible management, uncomfortable company culture
Growth opportunities and amazing company culture!
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2016
Before coming to UE, I worked for much larger corporate organizations, where I felt like just another cog in the machine. At Underground Elephant, talented individuals have the ability to make an immediate impact, and to build a career for themselves that aligns with their professional goals. On top of that, the culture is incredible. You can tell that you are surrounded by a community of people that truly enjoys working together. I've never before been part of a work environment where happy hours, scavenger hunts, lip sync battles, and regular all-company meetings were all part of the cultural fabric. It's a challenging place to work, but the fast pace pushes you to better yourself, and the cultural activities help alleviate the pressure. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Colloborative agile environment (literally)
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
I've worked here for over a year, and have loved the autonomy, collaboration and agile work environment. (The company uses agile software development methodology, which allows us to piviot and make adjustments to our roadmap easily). The engineers that work here are great to work with which makes our lives in project management a lot easier. Our main stakeholders are all internal (not really client based work) so this also helps when we have competing deadlines and resources. Our development teams start the day with a daily stand-up and enjoy our new no meeting Wednesday and our "Development Plugged In Fridays" which is a day when we're not supposed to talk to the developers so they can focus. It's been helpful to improve productivity on all sides.
Pros
flexibility, great people, autonomy
Cons
the sales side of the business has higher turnover, but that seems typical for the industry
Not a place to work for a long time
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
This was a decent place to get some experience for my career but I couldn't stay very long. In general the marketing department doesn't seem to have a direction and that's the nicest thing I can say about the managers in that department.
Pros
you'll get experience for the next place, free lunches on occasion, coworkers are all in the same boat
Cons
everything else, coworkers are all in the same boat
high turnover and bad management team
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Company full of young people, extremely high turnover rate, the management team is not organized. If you like corporate environment, this is not the place for you.
great place to learn
Managment (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 29, 2013
I have been at Underground Elephant for almost five years and the experience has been rewarding. Everyday I enjoy solving new problems and thinking of new ways to help our clients.
Great Experience
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 29, 2013
My time at Underground Elephant helped me build skill-sets that are helping me at my new job. I really enjoyed the extensive training and appreciated the first person coaching. They pay a bit under market being a start-up, so I left for a bigger opportunity
Pros
experience, culture and perks
Cons
compensation, parking
Profitable company with a lot of young professionals
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2013
I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn new marketing skills from several individuals who were willing to teach me. But I felt like the company hired interns and didnt know what to do with them. My weekly reports were often redundant because I didnt have enough constructive work throughout the day. No one seemed to be responsible for teaching/overseeing our daily activities unless we had a question for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Underground Elephant. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4