UNDERWOOD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

UNDERWOOD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

great teaching facility
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), Woodbury, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: PTO benefits
Cons: short breaks
I have spent many years and have been able to move up the ranks. Great company that strives toward learning and growing. I have worked the overnight for the past four years and we work closely with one another, making for a better and more efficient team.
loved!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJOctober 10, 2014
This job was truly a blessing! I loved every second there. The patient interaction and the wonderful co-workers. Many new learning experiences!
Enjoyed my time there
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJSeptember 9, 2014
I learned how to manage my time well in this fast pace department. The hardest part of the job was the tragic things I would see. The most enjoyable part was working with my fellow peers.
productive place to learn and grow in skill and medical/ technical knowledge.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), North Broad Street, Woodbury NJ 08096August 21, 2014
A great place to sharpen skills and obtain a great wealth or experience and knowledge in this technical field,as well as the commaotory of the fellow co workers. And also the rewarding feeling that came along with excellent patient interaction and excellent patient care.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJAugust 5, 2014
During that time of my career, working in the Medical Surgical/Telemetry/ICU was fulfilling in the management of the acute care patient.
great place to work
Clerk/Phelbotomist (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJuly 23, 2014
loved working here kind of hard to really remember some of the details of the hospitals i work at.
good experiences learned
Nurse Aide- Float (Current Employee), Woodbury, NJApril 23, 2014
As a pool aide, I had the ability to work in multiple different areas and aquire knowledge.
Very productive and fast paced work place
Phlebotomist / Lab Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJMarch 15, 2014
Pros: the expierence gained and learned
Cons: no health benefits and not enough hours.
Early start of the day. Learned the importance of policies and procedures within the company. Management was always on site if there were any questions or concerns. Co-workers were for the most part friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the specimens for testing were collected in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the day was my encounters with the patients.
Best preceptors
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJFebruary 7, 2014
I learned so much from the preceptors I had at this organization they were awesome. Great working relationship with the physicians as well as the surgeons.
Dietary Department
Assist patients (Former Employee), Woodbury, N.J.October 29, 2013
Pros: helping and seeing rthe patients.
Cons: when i would go into a room and the patient was deceased.
I loved working on the food line,,,getting the food trays ready to be delivered to the patients. I loved also going into the patients rooms giving them a warm smile and a nice hello when delivering the trays. I would always ask them if they needed anything.
Medical receptionist using my abilities to interact with patients, coworkers and physicians while observing the HIPAA laws utilizing the EMR system.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great team work, great benefits
Cons: i dont have any cons. i really enjoyed working there.
I enjoyed working there interacting with patients as they checked in or checked out, scheduling appointments, answering multiline phones. A team player working with the nurses, doctors and other receptionists I enjoyed the family like atmosphere.
Externship in Central Service supply / OR
Surgical Technologist - Hospital Student - CSS (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: knowledge
Cons: hazardous materials
A typical day involved following a central service technician through their daily schedule. The schedule would include working in decontamination through to the end process of inspecting, wrapping and sterilization of instruments.
I learned how important this department is to the hospital and maybe even a little unappreciated this core department is.
The management and co-workers were amazing and helpful during my assignment there.
The hardest part of this job was the protective gear. The heat generated under our PPE is amazing.
The most enjoyable part for me was learning what goes on behind the scene and the intricate operations of a hospital that allow surgery to run smoothly each day.
co workers were amazing
Registered Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJuly 30, 2013
I enjoyed working with a young staff. I have 5 to 6 patients a day for an assignment. I enjoyed working with elderly patients.
Long hours, understaffed, no security and poor training.
Computer Operator - Help Desk (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJNovember 5, 2012
Pros: plenty of hours and overtime.
Cons: understaffed.
I was on overnights and found myself kind of thrown into things with very little support.
A fast pace work enviroment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: free ce credits
Cons: working 2nd shift
A typical day was fun and productive. I learned a lot about vascular surgery. Management and my co-wokers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is seeing people from all walks of life come in for surgery in pain and sick. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you aided in a person healing process.
ok pay
Orderly (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJune 21, 2012
std raises assistance with continuing education and benefits
It pays the bills.
Orderly (Current Employee), Woodbury, NJJune 6, 2012
Pros: drug rep lunches occassionally, very flexible with schedule changes
Cons: 30 minute breaks, hospital as a whole is "clicky", work eow manditory
A typical day at work is fast paced and unknown; in a psych ward you really never know what you will walk into- it could be a patient coding or the calmest day you've had in your life. So you need to be prepared for anything and everything. The workers at a whole at this hospital are very "click" oriented and stick in their groups; the hospital is small and people are very easily noticed by one another. The hardest part of my job is trying to understand the people I work with and stay calm while my patients are not. The most enjoyable part of my day is having a patient tell me I made a difference in their life.
I Miss working there! Great people and great place to work!
Clerk / Phlebotomist Perform (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJMay 16, 2012
Caring Co-workers and Managers make your work day better. I miss working there.
productive and fun plce to work
Staff Therapist- E.R. ICU/CCU, NICU (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJMay 7, 2012
Pros: professional atmosphere
Constant approach to lastest pateint care modalities; co- workers are proffessional,Seeing the joy a loved one feels when patients get better