UNDP

UNDP Employer Reviews

Community Development Supervisor
Unit In-charge-Community Development Supervisor (Former Employee), Azad Kashmir-AJKSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: dsas
Cons: earned leaves encashments after each year ended
Meeting at Government Line Departments when we tried to work together but without project approved. GLDs refused to work in the absence of project approval.
Tried to make relationship with Poultry, Agriculture, and livestock departments to serve community in the absence of project.
While managing lower staff of GLDs it was difficult to get things done – more... without any financial support.
A full year without official project it was hard time to live among the communities.
Government line departments arranged beautiful shows to create awareness to plant trees, save livestock through heath care, preserve jungle by stopping free grazing and income generation through mobilizing credit and savings. – less
Lets take a closer look
Various Positions (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: lots of different people
Cons: lots of different people, management = former hippies/spanish majors turned financial managers, losing money.
First UNDP is a very cool place to work if you land in the right place. Second all of these reviews are in the last year or two. That should be the first hint of something not-all-right. The third thing is half of them are fake. Avoided Management starting from the D's.
Very professional Setting
United Nations Development Program (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Interacted with people from different countries with diverse skill sets and academic training. Enjoyed it very much as the discussions were very constructive and thoughtful.
Great place to work!
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good environment, job security, great benefits and perks.
I can't say enough about UNDP and the people I worked with. Although I was only there for a short time I loved working there. Very professional and very nice people.
well programed time tabled efficient and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), morotoSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: freee meals
Cons: tranport tranportation
Field activities.

Capacity building in communities.

well programed.

good team players and target workers
.implementation of capacity building activities.

mobilization and sensitization
Productive and very good place to work
Project Management Advisor (Current Employee), JordanJuly 19, 2013
Working with UNDP was a great opportunity to learn and work closely with the top management
short term job/ volunteer. Intersting in the domain of justice
Communications Officer (Former Employee), Ramallah, Palestinian TerritoriesJuly 16, 2012
I respect the objective of the organiazation of spreading public awareness on the their rights specially woman.
I learned how to edit organization news letter summarizing activities in the legal sector
Good place to work for, and will make you feel you are doing something good for your own people
Untied Nation Development Program (Former Employee), DamascusMarch 16, 2012
Pros: expose to a lot of people
Cons: no compensation
UNDP is United Nation Development programs, will help any country to develop different programs to help for a better future. I do recommend highly working for them
Great career path and work place
United Nations Volunteer (Current Employee), LilongweSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: high salary, perks and privileges.
Cons: highly bureaucratic
UNDP has made the best in me come out and exposed and trained me in team work in a cross culture setting. Able to nurture negotiating and fund raising skills, donor relationship and the like.
Productive, Team work, Transparency
Internship (Former Employee), DownTown, BeirutAugust 5, 2014
Pros: transparency, methodical
Cons: lack of clarity of roles and responsibilities
• Checking payments
• System data entry
• Follow up with projects
• Attending workshops
• Expenditure report
Excellent culture and cooperative colleagues
Administrative/HR Associate & Learning Manager (Current Employee), Cairo, EgyptMay 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: workload and long working hours
My day at the Regional Center in Cairo - UNDP is very busy and full of people. I started work as the Administrative Associate who is responsible as described in my resume with a number of responsibilities of managing the premises, drivers and all services related to the Center. Later on when the HR Associate left our office I was also given the responsibility – more... of HR having the background and former experience in HR. With the addition of the responsibility I was also given the opportunity to hire two assistants to handle the work load who happen to be prove their ability and commitment and ensure timely and effective delivery of tasks and their responsibility.
With this the number of supervisee increased and it was a challenge to manage different caliber of staff and different age brackets however I met the challenge with determination and I have a great team spirit and cooperative staff working with me.

The hardest part of the job is to have deadlines for a number of deliverables that are equally important and of high priority. On the other hand, the most enjoyable in working with UNDP is the diversity of the culture and the cooperation of all colleagues.

I have spent 11 years within the UN system and worked in a number of UN organizations and they have been fruitful years that added to my experience and knowledge. – less
Relocation and repatriation
Operations Officer (Former Employee), kabul AfghanistanMay 13, 2014
were mostly relocation and repatriating the afghan refugees from various refugee camps back to afghanistan and working on their needs for going back to the country.
International and interesting area that I have been specialising in
Assistant (Former Employee), Azerbaijan, BakuMay 7, 2014
Pros: professionalism in the area of concern/activities
Very international community, although I have been to UNDP's Baku office in Azerbaijan. Huge workload but extremely interesting because of the area: land management and pasture in Azerbaijan and its remote areas (which has been a serious issue on today's agenda of the Azerbaijani government). Overview and allocation of budgets of different national – more... projects supported by UNDP, engaged with Rio+20 activities aimed at sustainable development in Azerbaijan regarding environmental issues and current concerns. – less
Have a great time
Trainee (Former Employee), lahoreJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: no
Have good learning with the peoples
Have good experience
Have good working
UN Base Organisation
United Nations Development Project (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 10, 2014
UN Base support for Indian Operations for Ground Water resources.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Post Project Monitoring Coordinator (Former Employee), ColomboDecember 28, 2013
Pros: good management, learning, satisfactory environment
Cons: contract basic
this is short term consultancy (1 month)
Very flexible, systematic, motivated management. well educated and experienced co-workers.

freedom to work.
Enriching experience
Assistant researcher (Current Employee), BratislavaNovember 11, 2013
A typical day at work is working o my research or my tasks and having lunch with the other interns/junior consultants. Depending on the days we can have presentation by other colleagues.
I learned a lot about the UN functionning, the region (Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia) and the green economy topic.
The management is good, despite the context (moving – more... of the Regional office to Istanbul).
The hardest part of the job is to accept that you work just as an intern and that your work is not always as vavlued as you desire.
The most enjoyable part is the fact that all my colleagues are very opened and sociable, from the interns to the director. – less
Highly professional work environment
Deputy Head of Human Resources (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanJuly 8, 2013
An excellent workplace, where you can learn leadership skills. There are ample opportunities to polish your skills.
Very productive and enjoyable.
Vehicle Mechanic Supervisor (Current Employee), Bhutan, and now Beni - Congo DRMay 19, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: you need to work harder, and longer hour than required.
The job was productive, the availability of Trailers very low in that mornining, and I have to apply STAR policy to tackle the problem. I learned a lot from the job in meeting with people of diffrent cultures and race, the management was very good, and my co-workers were very coperative. The hardest was human behaviour and attitude, in controlling them. – more... When every thing is moving fine you have to relax and enjoy yourself. – less
Productive and serious with work with easy to interact personnality
International UNV Physiotherapist (Current Employee), MalawiMarch 18, 2013
Pros: skiping lunches
Cons: likes short breaks to avoid some occupational hazards
Busy with new Diagnoses and solving some health problems meanwhile become s a good team player in an Institution and Community perse. With Management involvement been very reliable and focusing personnel in collaboration with other staff and clients in general.

Despite of the hardship in denial of some clients with some irrvesible conditions and situations, – more... normally I have been a role model in finishing up the day by either postponing the solutions or concluding within the time frame provided. – less

About UNDP

The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and – Read more