UNDP

UNDP Employer Reviews

Result orientation is the target
Programme Finance Analyst (Current Employee), KhartoumJanuary 3, 2013
Day to day operations
Monitoring of financial transactions
Financial reports creation on timely basis
I learnt that every acheivement is a result of hard work and patience
Colleagues are really cooperating
Reconciliation of reports is the hardest part of the job plus running more than 10 projects finances at the same time with different reporting periods – more... which should always tally together
I mostly enjoy the brain storming for budget negotiations and justifications for donors and senior mangement – less
I learned a lot about Development Practice
Community Mobilizer/ Assistant Agriculturist (Former Employee), Hafizabad, PakistanOctober 12, 2012
Pros: good working environment
Cons: very little space for advancement
During my 5 years plus experience with UNDP, I learned about community development, project execution and practice in a developing country. target achievement and service delivery.
Nice to meet new people
Receptionist office administration (Former Employee), GazaSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: half hour lunch break
Cons: from 8 am. to 3pm.
At the work there is no tyoical day every day somthing challenging, meet new people. I learned how to deal with different type of people the mangement was great. i like about everything there.
Exciting, challenging and fun
Secretary (Former Employee), Matautu uta, UN Compound, Apia, Western SamoaSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: gifts for good services and certificates for long services within the un system
Cons: things are almost urgent everyday and tend for oneself to work long hours!
I learn new stuff everyday such as new projects proposal. UN News within the UN global system. Management do have monthly meetings. They are very serious and down to earth. Co-workers are hard working people! The hardest part of the job is not having enough time with families due to busy i.e. late hours at work and early starts the next day.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is to come to work the next day, afresh, have annual UN days, morning teas, salary survey, parties throw by the boss etc. etc., – less
Project work at UNDP
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee), Chittagong, BangladeshAugust 21, 2012
Pros: excellent team
Cons: project work
This was my first job right after writing my bachelor examination. Very professional team used to work. This was my another dream job.
Its very good to be working for UNDP and it provides rich life experience in all respects
Statistics Specialist (Current Employee), South Sudan, Unity StateAugust 6, 2012
Everyday brings its own experiences which are unique
I have learned how to relate with many people of different backgrounds and professions. Hence I have become adaptive and flexible
Working in emergency
Technical Expert (Infrastructure) (Former Employee), AfghanistanJuly 18, 2012
The UNDP office in Kabul, Afghanistan is secured but the outside project areas in Afghanistan require security clearance. The UNDP coordination of project activities is perfect.
good place to work
researcher (Former Employee), TehrānJune 27, 2012
international working place, full of human rights concerns
Rahat ve güzel bir çalışma ortamı
Brand and Buying Manager (Current Employee), İstanbul avrupa, T34March 16, 2014
Pros: rahat çalışma ortamı
Cons: sigortanızı ve diğer hiçbir masrafınızı karşılamıyor
Genel anlamda her yönü ile iyi fakat eğer yöneticiniz yetersiz ise ve bu yetersizliği nedeni ile proje kötü gidiyor ise sorunları düzeltme şansınız maalesef olmuyor. Sıkıntılar baş gösterebiliyor.

About UNDP

The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and – Read more