UNFI

UNFI Employer Reviews

Culture was top on list, employees will treated.
Backhaul Coordinator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, WADecember 4, 2014
Started with shift work, 4 days at 12 hours. Worked hard and was promoted to M-F 8-5 shift. Advancement was achievable but required 120% of your physical being. Thought about and dealt with work more then anything else in life, work like balance severely tilted in the negative. Good co-workers, management fair. Was with company 5+ years gave the chance to learn a lot about the corporate life and how to cope.
Great people, easy work.
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 2, 2014
It's a great job, the coworkers are nice.
Overloaded on work (It's easy) because the turnover rate seems to be high (what I've seen since I started last November).
Easy to get along with people in all departments of the building.
The pay could be better! The thing I hear the most is: "I'm living pay check to pay check."
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude customers, other than that the everyday work is monotonous.
Poor Management, Stressful, Understaffed, BEWARE
Driver Check In Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: health & retirement benefits.
Cons: work environment, integrity of management, understaffed
I worked for this company nearly 10 yrs in various departments, some good times for sure, but constant management changes, departments understaffed, impossible job expectations & minimal support from managers & supervisors. Shipping guys will some days be required to work 15 plus hrs/night, lots of stress & cannot say how happy I am to no longer be there. I transferred departments and my new manager Ada H. agreed that I could have a 45 min. lunch break (combining my 2nd break with my lunch period), then denied this agreement when HR inquired about my "long" lunches. This was the final straw when I decided to quit. Mgr's will sound great & seem nice in person, but watch your back & get any agreements in writing.
VERY CLIQUEY
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee), brattleboro VErmontAugust 3, 2014
Tedious place to work, Very one dimensional and you get no support from the higher ups a very me first workforce no teamwork at all
UNFI does not take care of the most important resource
Shipping Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenwood, INAugust 3, 2014
Cons: too many to list. i left of my own volition.
Greenwood DC. Stay away. They pay very well, but use that as a means to abuse you. 16-18 hours a day, not comp time for holidays, and you are treated as a number. Very unprofessional and retaliatory environment.
Fun place to work with Healthy Life-style Support
Business Analyst, Business Developement Support (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free samples, healthy living opportunities, healthcare
Cons: low salaries, archaic managment styles
I ran various report and charts every day with an extensive use of Excel and PowerPoint. I learned a lot about Excel and organic living. The management was a bit "old fashioned" with their management style, but I could see the changes that were being implemented and are now completely different than when I first started. My co-workers were some of the the best parts of my day. They were very supportive and continue to be friends today. The most difficult part of my job was the lack of customer interaction. I learned a lot about the inner working and different departments of UNFI (i.e. warehouse, purchasing, business analysis, sales, finance/ accounting, customer service). The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to broaden my views of non-GMO foods, the organic, natural food and health industry as a whole.
terrible place to work don't ever refer anyone here
selector (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: everything, from management to cleanliness, etc.
*order select for supermarkets
*i haven't learned anything new that i haven't at my other warehouse jobs
*management was terrible, very unorganized and not up to date with keeping employees notified with new information
*working for countless hours and not knowing when your shift is over and clutter in your way
*the paycheck was the only pro i have to say about this job and there benefits they acquire
Good Place
Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: attitude, teamwork
Cons: no two days off together
Good place to work. Would have to relocate to move up the ranks though.
face and fun work place
Order Selector (Former Employee), Greenwood, INJune 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no union rep
It was a great company overall but I had to relocate to be with family
Great pay, horrible policies
Selector (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: horrible rules and hours
This place is actually decent when it comes to pay and the atmosphere is great. The only problem is that its rules are far too strict in the first 90 days. Its extremely easy to work very very hard and still get fired for being sick one day. Be Warned!
productive job with lots of hours
reach lift operator/ warehouse associate (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 18, 2014
Stocking, picking orders, transferring pallets to other warehouses, fast paced environment, fun work environment.
Always busy
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 16, 2014
Very professional upbeat leadership team is always in touch to guide the days production
good pay
Lift operator/ Order picker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: great 401k match $.50 to every dollar
Cons: unappreciated
Good job with greats benefits and great pay. Incentive pay for selectors and lift operators once u meet your daily production, up to $1000 on bi-weekly check.
Just a place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Auburn WaMay 28, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Start time early in the morning, pretrip the truck & trailer.
Depart for the first delivery, make all deliveries with in the 14 hour rule per DOT.
great company to work for
Vendor (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: hrs, pay
Cons: not full time
I enjoyed my work to work independently but also work along with store management. love the products they supply to stores
customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: product gifts, learn about all oraganic regulations
very good company, great benefits and co workers. involvement with community service also a highlight.
Friendly place to work. Team orientated
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: poor management communication and relationship
I loved my job but did not work well with Management in the Customer Service Department
productive
Loader (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CANovember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches almost every other week, food vauchers
Cons: different management all the time
I really enjoyed this job ,i learned selecting product from different departments like chill ,dry,repack and frozen and knowing all departments to be able to locate product in case of missing product and sending the right product to the costumer .,The hard part of the job was management i did not like it at all, changing the people all the time even human resources my co-workers and i just doing our jobs trying to manage the changes that always affected us by changing rules and the system .
Sustainability and Philanthropy
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Aurora, COOctober 24, 2013
I enjoy working for this employer because of their commitment to the sustainability of our planet and the communities in which they operate.
BETTER TO HAVE REACHABLE GOALS AND PEOPLE TO WORK TOGETHER
Supervisor - Line Production (Former Employee), Harrison, AROctober 15, 2013
Pros: pizza and drinks on very long days
All days would have different orders so everyday you would see how many people you would need to finish job in a timely matter.people would then be moved to places needed.there are always some people capable of doing more so they would be moved to areas most needed.I learned that people do a much better job when working together and it is much more enjoyable for them when you set goals they can reach.Management needs to be able to trust in workers and supervisors..As you get to know your coworkers you can better understand their point of view on things and you always need to listen to them before you make your choice as a supervisor. The hardest part of the job is making certain choices as you know you are the one taking responsibility for your actions and the actions of others.Of course the most enjoyable part of the day is when people work together and everything else just falls into place.

1 2 3