UNFI Employee Reviews

Good company!
Channel Account Specialist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, NHAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits. Good working environment
Cons: Limited time off and limited flexibility in providing time off
UNFI is an ethical company that treats its employees well. Management in the area that I have worked in has been quite satisfactory. Customer- facing positions do have the disadvantage of often working the holidays, depending on the customers' needs. Overall, I like working at UNFI.
Given the wrong impression about the company
Selector (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 1, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: Cold storage environment, poor place of product to be pick by the selector
I was at a job fair and was offered a job, if passed the usual background checks. I was not told that this was a cold storage facility also. I did not want to work in a cold storage environment. Being told that you have to stay until done, when you have schedule shift. Otherwise do not put stop time for a shift. Equipment that is out dated or lack of preventative maintenance for the equipment.

Product placement not to the liking of the order selectors, heavy product on top shelves such as glass bottles and cans.
Doesn't care about customer or people
Management (Former Employee), EverywhereJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working as many hours as it takes
Cons: Working as many hours as it takes
Company losing customers by the boatload due to upper management shoving the new "warehouse system" down their throats. Warehouses can't seem to pick and load anything right these days and culture starting to take on a "management by fear" mentality. Stock price tumbling, new DC's on hold until they can figure things out, and shuffling the deck chairs seems to be the management way of fixing things. New York City ready to revolt. Middle management ready to walk.
Worst Place To Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: If you hate your family and free time this the place to be
Cons: Everything
Extra long hours for terrible pay. No advance opportunity
Complete waste of a building. supervisors and managers are not dependable
account specialist
MSI Coordinator/Key account specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 29, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: yearly raises
I managed accounts for Albertsons and Earth Fare out east. I processed the stores orders and made sure the reps had all special request for the current shipping of the load.
Great place for a career
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2015
As a supervisor most days are filled with removing roadblocks for associates.

I learned to not treat associates as I wanted to be treated, but to learn our people and treat them as they need to be treated.

Management is very different depending on location, I have traveled to most UNFI locations and for the most part they are very solid.
Great Company
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 15, 2015
UNFI is a great company to work for and is growing! UNFI offer's their employee's full benefits, paid time off and flexible hours.
Stable-
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Chesterfield, NHJune 4, 2015
Pros: stable work
Cons: not much room for advancement
UNFI is a good place to work- it is stable, the work atmosphere is good and the people you work with are great. Although advancement is few and far between, the jobs positions themselves are relatively stable.
GOOD WORKING PLACE
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), York, PAMay 31, 2015
I LEARNED GOOD THINGS IN THIS COMPANY AND THE MANAGEMENT IS PERFECT AND THE MOST THING THAT I LIKE THERE IS THE TEAM WORK.SINCE YOU THERE YOU WILL BE TRAINED HOW TO USE THE EQUIPMENT SUCH AS THE ELECTRIC PALLET JACK, THE FORKLIFT
a rewarding job experience
Lift Operator (Current Employee), Montgomery, NYMay 30, 2015
The work experience with UNFI has been rewarding to me and my family in a time when I needed to work an overnight shift. my co- workers are knowledgeable and helpfull when I have questions.
good fast paste and always enegizeed
Order Selector (Former Employee), York, PAMay 1, 2015
have to work on the hours better and do make there employees work over the hours that they was told to work . love to be in the mix of unfi company because it helped me understand more about what was needed to better me in the future.
Really good company!!!
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay life balance Management
Cons: Too many new items, crazy backstock
Paid by the hour, good over time, great management. Can get really busy during the holidays. I liked the management, always helping you when there a heavy day.
Good people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: training
Liked working with the people. Not given enough training to reach their level of competence. Each person seems to have their own way of doing things which makes it hard to learn the job
cold but a great place to work
loader unloader (Former Employee), racine wisconsinFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: three breaks
Cons: three breaks
it was a good company but they had two different companys hiring for them and I was with the temp agency and was let go after three months and I was unable to apply for pinnacle to be directy hired because I work for the temp company that was not good other then that loved the work and most of the management
Culture was top on list, employees will treated.
Backhaul Coordinator (Former Employee), Ridgefield, WADecember 4, 2014
Started with shift work, 4 days at 12 hours. Worked hard and was promoted to M-F 8-5 shift. Advancement was achievable but required 120% of your physical being. Thought about and dealt with work more then anything else in life, work like balance severely tilted in the negative. Good co-workers, management fair. Was with company 5+ years gave the chance to learn a lot about the corporate life and how to cope.
Great people, easy work.
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 2, 2014
It's a great job, the coworkers are nice.
Overloaded on work (It's easy) because the turnover rate seems to be high (what I've seen since I started last November).
Easy to get along with people in all departments of the building.
The pay could be better! The thing I hear the most is: "I'm living pay check to pay check."
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude customers, other than that the everyday work is monotonous.
Poor Management, Stressful, Understaffed, BEWARE
Driver Check In Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: health & retirement benefits.
Cons: work environment, integrity of management, understaffed
I worked for this company nearly 10 yrs in various departments, some good times for sure, but constant management changes, departments understaffed, impossible job expectations & minimal support from managers & supervisors. Shipping guys will some days be required to work 15 plus hrs/night, lots of stress & cannot say how happy I am to no longer be there. I transferred departments and my new manager Ada H. agreed that I could have a 45 min. lunch break (combining my 2nd break with my lunch period), then denied this agreement when HR inquired about my "long" lunches. This was the final straw when I decided to quit. Mgr's will sound great & seem nice in person, but watch your back & get any agreements in writing.
VERY CLIQUEY
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee), brattleboro VErmontAugust 3, 2014
Tedious place to work, Very one dimensional and you get no support from the higher ups a very me first workforce no teamwork at all
UNFI does not take care of the most important resource
Shipping Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenwood, INAugust 3, 2014
Cons: too many to list. i left of my own volition.
Greenwood DC. Stay away. They pay very well, but use that as a means to abuse you. 16-18 hours a day, not comp time for holidays, and you are treated as a number. Very unprofessional and retaliatory environment.
Fun place to work with Healthy Life-style Support
Business Analyst, Business Developement Support (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free samples, healthy living opportunities, healthcare
Cons: low salaries, archaic managment styles
I ran various report and charts every day with an extensive use of Excel and PowerPoint. I learned a lot about Excel and organic living. The management was a bit "old fashioned" with their management style, but I could see the changes that were being implemented and are now completely different than when I first started. My co-workers were some of the the best parts of my day. They were very supportive and continue to be friends today. The most difficult part of my job was the lack of customer interaction. I learned a lot about the inner working and different departments of UNFI (i.e. warehouse, purchasing, business analysis, sales, finance/ accounting, customer service). The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to broaden my views of non-GMO foods, the organic, natural food and health industry as a whole.