Uni-Select USA Employee Reviews in United States

RF Scanner (Former Employee) –  Austell GeorgiaJuly 14, 2016
Lift item up to 70 pound
Shipping stock
Operates jack pellets
Inbound/outbound transfer inside warehouse location zone
It was fun and chilenging to work there but I enjoyed it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 16, 2015
Working was a enjoyable job for me I got along with everyone, I tried to do the best work that I could tried to be on time with my delivery, basically I enjoyed working with them.
counterperson
counterperson (Former Employee) –  ohioJanuary 18, 2015
Manager had his team,being on outside looking in and trying to learn their game sucked. You had to ask everyone everything, they treated you like you were trying to take their job. Very bad managers, would not listen to cost saving comments. Glad to be away from jerks.
Pros
great benefits and pay.
Cons
very bad managers
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Data-Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
With the 18 years I've been there it had to be something I loved about it. My co-workers made my day so that tell you I was a team player. The hardest part of my day was being able to complete my job before I left for the day. I learned a lot from my job so it was hard to for me to be laid off. I enjoyed what I did and took pride in my work.
Pros
hr.lunch breaks, set you own vacations
Cons
the healthcare
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 10, 2014
Good place to work with good potential growth. Hard work-good pay.
Set your own destiny
Pros
freedom
Cons
management
very poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 5, 2014
was very physical and extremely hot environment. did not sufficent water for employees in warehouse to drink.
Cons
favortism
If you like cliques and bad management this is your place
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NyMay 5, 2014
I learned a new system in SAP, the management is god awful and there are like 18 managers and 20 HR people in the Amherst,Ny location. If you talk bad about the managers to HR you will be let go, the place is run by a bunch of jokers, there are little cliques in every department, the most enjoyable part was the pay check and if they didn't pay good I would have left a long time ago.
Pros
pay is reasonable
Cons
co workers are debbie downers, management sucks
Great company until SAP
NE Regional Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 23, 2014
I worked with Uni-Select for 23 years, First as MAWDI and then with Uni-Select. I was very happy as an employee until there was a significant downsizing in the business in 2012. As a publicly owned company changes were necessary to keep the company in business, and I was a casualty of downsizing at this time.

The people that I worked with over the years were great, and I can say nothing against the management as they were terrific during my tenure.

Even though I was a casualty, Uni-Select has come back very strong and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.
Pros
great support from superiors.
Cons
not being able to spend the rest of my career with them.
The pay all depends on location
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYSeptember 26, 2013
You will be low balled on pay. You will work hard. Pray you get a new manager and not someone who has been around a while because they do not lead by example and are overall lazy.
Pros
cost plus 5% discount
Cons
everyone is stuck in their ways and they can't figure out what the problem is
Learned a lot and enjoyed it while it lasted.
Accounts Receivable specialist/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 14, 2013
I enjoyed working with UniSelect USA while it lasted. My typical day was spent processing payments and helping out team members. I liked leading our daily team chats every morning. I would assess our amount of work for the day and meet with everyone on the team to discuss what should be and is expected to be complete that day especially if we had people out of work that day etc. The hardest part of the job would be when i first started and trying to learn all of the different policies and systems at the time until it became natural, I still picked up on everything fairly quick and had more knowledge than most of my co-workers. I have learned a lot of time management and knowledge of business all around from accounting to how to deal with all networks of the company.
Pros
it was close to home, great team to work with, decent pay.
Cons
company re-locating all of the departments jobs to canada.
Okay place to work.
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 25, 2012
Job can be fun in some instances and other it feel rushed. Management was okay. Co-worker were easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the hours.

2.6