UNICEF Employee Review

A positive and satisfying job with great chances for personal and professional progress
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havana, CubaOctober 24, 2013
Working for UNICEF was an interesting and enriching experience, which provided opportunities to learn new things everyday. Hectic, though, but exciting and rewarding at the same time. I could get wide knowledge about the work of this UN organization in my country, the way to approach certain issues in challenging contexts, as well as how to assist with professionalism the personalities, such as Ambassadors, Representatives from sister offices or simply regular clients, that came to the office. I had the chance to make use of my skills in the different languages I speak to enable communication and coordinate meetings inside and outside the office. Furthermore, I wrote down notes in meetings, took care of the telephone calls and the Representative's e-mail correspondence, among other clerical duties. The relationship with my colleagues was excellent, based on mutual respect and support. We always worked as a real team, and although there were moments of pressure and intense activity with several projects and challenging deadlines to meet, which made the work truly hard, the fact of striving all together to reach our goals was one of the most comforting and enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Opportunities to grow professionally
Cons
Stressing by moments

Other UNICEF Employee Reviews

Excellent Organization
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Excellent working conditions. Always enjoyed working with the Organization. The organization had a very good cause so it was very motivating to work for this reputable Organization.
Focus on staff development
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2017
All work is driven by the mission to improve the lives of children and their respective caregivers through education and addressing any barriers that hinder educational growth opportunities at a global level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNICEF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3