UNICEF Employee Reviews

Always busy
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
working for different areas within HQ gave the consultants a lot of exposure and branch out to different parts, not just within NY but in the field. it is a great stepping stone for individuals that wish to get into non profit jobs
Wonderful experience
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
It is a great experience to work for an organization you believe in.
The passion and excitement makes the job so much more fulfilling
Great Organization
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Wonderful organization to work for. There will be a few things you will have to get accustomed to, but overall it's great. If your are looking for some place that gives you i am contributing to a great cause then this might be the place for you.
A Satisfying Experience, if not a bit Brief
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2016
As only an intern, I can say that the time spent working at UNICEF was enlightening and fulfilling. Being able to see the inner workings of such an organization and contribute in a small way was educational in its own way, as while I was personally only involved in the Human Resources division, the information passed through me to its destination revealed interesting new parts of the organization with every file I organized and request that I authorized.
Pros
Friendly environment, tasks that can be done unaided.
I Learned a lot about working in emergency education and rehabilitation and rebuilding.
Project Manager Education (Former Employee) –  Azad Jammu and Kashmir, PakistanDecember 4, 2016
During my work with UNICEF and SSD AJK, I gained experience about working in emergencies especially in education and other related fields. where i had a chance to work at grassroots level. Learned about multitasking in management. Deal with co-workers.
Pros
improved interpersonal skills, communication skills and decision making.
Cons
short term projects.
unicef
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Filled with self serving people. the field is a disaster!! The field is run by weak people who choose to delay any delay decision making.
Excellent organization to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
Lacking coherent and transparent career development. The current human resources system is process driven, rather than managing human resources - its most valuable asset. The organization can offer better contemporary management of its human resources, including mentoring, guidance and internal promotion.
Pros
Good benefits and very interesting work. It's mission.
Cons
Career development
Life at unicef
Program Officer, Youth Development & Empowerment (Current Employee) –  MonroviaJune 30, 2016
Working at UNICEF has provided me the best opportunity of my career, with good team to work with. There is work/life balance as we share jokes, personal problems and get some advice from colleagues.

My work at UNICEF has given me linkages to government functionaries and other NGO partners, as we deliver our programs to the women and children of Liberia through them. Management has been receptive to staff issues; especially serving as vice president of the UNICEF Liberia Staff Association has given me the opportunity of attending some senior management meetings and being part of decision making. As an executive committee member of the SA, I am a member of the Joint Consultative Committee of the UNICEF Country Office, where the country representative and other senior managers consult on major issues pertinent to the office and staff to make informed decisions.

The hardest part of the work has been coping with my new job as program officer, after serving as administrative and operational staff for more than 9 years with the UN. With the capacity building efforts of the CO, I've overcome and learned a lot.

My work mates have been the best, and our moments together, especially during lunch, have been the best time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the field trips, when I have to go in the field to monitor my programs, having meetings with community elders and youths, women's groups, etc. for experience sharing and way forward.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Short leave days
trend to become more corporate style of organization
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dushanbe, TajikisanJune 21, 2016
great resources to promote the child rights agenda; lack of transparency and healthy working environment; management practicing dirty approaches to manage the organization - carrot and stick; bad manager and good manager
Pros
compensation in USD
Cons
corporatization
Catering supervisor ● at butter beans, unicef cafeteria (new york
CATERING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2016
Performed various secretarial/clerical duties such as documenting, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and organizing filing system,training newly hired employees

Want to know more about UNICEF?

Ask a question
job assignment
WASH OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Darfur, MNMarch 15, 2016
The time I had a difficult time was when I had to release funds in the system for a partner to implement the activity, the system was blocked because he had more than 6-9 months, the good part was while I was thinking how to go about it the Partner appeared in the office with the full liquidation saying they have completed the implementing the activity now they are ready with the progress reports and final liquidation to clear and this will enable the system to open up.
Pros
staff gathering, staff lunch gathering, management support to staff
Cons
working extra hours to complete an assignment in a insecurity State.
Wondeful Experience Graet Work Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Margarita Island, VenezuelaMarch 7, 2016
My years working for Unicef are very dear to me. I met many amazing people who truly care about the World's children and families.
Pros
Important humanitarian work
Cons
No cons
Sharing artworks
Volunteer Utah Arts Festival (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2016
It was my first time to share my artworks in USA. I received good feedback. I met people from different countries and it was a great opportunity to share our art experiences.
Volenteer
Active volunteer (Current Employee) –  work from homeOctober 1, 2015
Helping people for different aspects.Solving strategic business problems by designing computer-based information systems were exciting and rewarding.In the workplace, it is imperative that technology works both effectively and reliably. Computer and information systems people play a vital role in the implementation of technology within their organizations.
Best part is knowing you are working towards a better world for women and children
Procurement Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
Great organization to work for that provides great benefits for its employees, including up to 6 months maternity leave.
Well in place and a good avenue for learning and development as far as career path is concern
Water Sanitation and Hygiene Officer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 2, 2015
It was a great opportune for career advancement-technically improve areas of expertise with the support and mentor of specialist who has global experiences from various context background.

The well-in place system of organization facilitated very good working environment, workplace and transaction with up to date management.

UN security system on movement restriction at somehow make work difficult especially when there is a need to closely monitor the progress of the field work and situation. On the other hand it is part of system being operated in a hostile areas which a need to ensure safety of all staff.

Overall, the diverse culture and different programme approaches,management makes a very good learning venue and interesting part of being there.
Pros
Comprehensive social protection packages.healthcare, etc
Cons
Hectic and pressure nature of work in most of the time.
You can be as creative as you wish in initiating projects! Great learning experience to basic entrepreneurship.
Advisor, Committee Chair Leader, President (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2015
Holding meetings with officers for the ongoing projects we have in mind for our members. Planning out the future objectives for the club and making sure we stay very focus. Greeting members and be available to their questions. Be really to invite other clubs, business, faculties for possible cooperation that generates promotion for the group.
Professional work enviroment with staff welbeing considerations
Project officer- health (Former Employee) –  UNICEF, SUDANMay 27, 2015
UNICEF is a very professional work environment, with clear targets and facilities to accomplish those targets, the staff well being also considered through staff association body that managed by the staff themselves and the management always listen to them.
Pros
stafflife balance policies
Cons
stress and deadlines
for the world's children
Information and Reports Officer (Former Employee) –  Various locations in Africa.March 24, 2015
Challenging work in different countries for the leading organization dedicated to help the plight of children and mothers in different sectors, like education, water and sanitation, health and protection.
Fun
UNICEF Member (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 23, 2015
The UNICEF club was formed by the fellow community at Manhattanville College. We would talk about fundraising and educate students about poverty in other countries and what we can do to make a difference. We would make yearly bake sale and create events such as 30 Hours Famine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNICEF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3