UNICEF

UNICEF Employer Reviews

Nice and quite place to work.
Finance/Accounts Assistant (Former Employee), DamascusJune 19, 2014
As core staff we were equipped with all means of communications and facilities. Work was so organized and well distributed.
Enthusiastic and committed staff to make a difference in the world
Health and Emergencies Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work will start with updates on the current crisis around the world, followed by a couple of calls with country teams to support the developing preparedness and response plans to address main needs of those affected by the crisis (conflict, natural disaster....) The best part of the job is the teams I have worked with, so knowledgeable, – more... lots of experience and enormous human quality. International travel is involved which is fundamental to be updated with the reality on the field in order to develop coherent policies and strategies to improve effectiveness of the work. – less
N/A
Learning/Training Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2013
Good work life balance, great benefits if hired as a staff member. Career advancement can be challenging in HQ but more likely to occur if willing to take field office assignments.
Hard Work
Accounting Reporting Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: honorable mandate
Cons: no job security
Hard Work
Multicultural environment
Lack of technical expertise field locations
>700 offices in 150+ countries
Great Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Great working environment and benefits, but not much support in the area of career development and advancement.
My fraternity would host fundraisers events throughout the semester and funds would go to UNICEF
Treasurer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Had great communication skills with my fraternity brothers and learned how to develop budgets. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with reliable people.
The most fulfilled experiences!
Project Coordinator and Project Translator (Former Employee), Delta Amacuro - VenezuelaAugust 14, 2013
• Assist the education section in collecting and analyzing data on out of school children and other key indicators in order to make a regional analysis of education and prioritization for the regional vision and strategies.

Competences: Working with people, relating and networking, applying technical expertise, analyzing, learning and researching, – more... drive for results

• Work with other sections, units and programs (CSD, HIV/AIDS, Protection, Communication, Emergency and M&E) to promote and integrated approach to ECD and Education, seizing opportunities for harmonization of strategies and relevant activities through joint work planning, monitoring and reporting. Produce draft reports on inter-sectoral collaboration on ECD and Education as part of the general reporting. Provide technical support to Emergency related issues in education.

Competencies: Working with People, Relating and Networking, Applying technical expertise, analyzing, learning and researching, creating and innovating, formulating strategies and concepts., embracing diversity – less
Busy
Web/System Developer Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: you can learn different languages
Cons: difficult to get a staff position
Very busy office with a lot of nice people. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you are a consultant and you can't get fired after your contract is finish.
Multi cultured workplace with Dev,Test and Staging - OnSite & Offshore
Senior BI Lead Developer (Former Employee), New York,NYAugust 7, 2013
Accomplished Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Modeler ,Designer and Developer.

Performed overall project management, analysis, architecture, design, development and implementation of data warehousing / business intelligence initiatives for the last six years.

Worked on data warehousing projects from inception to implementation and delivered high – more... quality solutions in a timely manner meeting and exceeding the business requirements.

Responsible for defining the information architecture and technology infrastructure along with the design of multi dimensional data models and the business Intelligence delivery solutions.

Managed the evaluation of ETL and OLAP tools and recommended the most suitable solutions depending on business needs.

Skilled in implementing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions. – less
Very helping, caring and respectful staff. loved working with UNICEF
HR/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
while working with UNICEF as a HR/Payroll assistant, My day used to statrt at 9:00 am. with greeting all my colleagues at the floor. Next I woluld check my phone messages, check my emails, and my things to do ASAP list. receive mails from the mail room, distribute the mail to related officers.

Print all the entitlement applications such as rental saubsidy – more... , salary advance, rental advance, education grants (for employees working in the field offices located in 140 countries) received from the operations officers world wide on daily basis.

Review all the applications and attached supported documents carefully before processing. communicate with related operations officer regarding the incorrect/ incomplete applications, provide necessery information for the corrections. re-review corrected applications upon receipt.

create records in the system in order to process the applications. lock the created records for an approval.

After processing all the applications, draft an approval letters to get it Authorised/signed by the Payroll Officers. Scan and print the signed copy for the record keeping. send an approval back to the operations officers once the fund is authorised and realesed.

Answer the queries received from employes related to their entitlements. Resolve the complex query involving reserch and manual calculations.

This position has given me a number of valuable experiences and knowledge to include proficiency in all administrative tasks, as well as overseeing office operations. This range of duties includes, but is not limited to: Processing entitlements, grants and subsidies for staff members, computer communications, review and research to resolve queries from staff members, filing and record keeping, data entry.

I’m fortunate to have a pretty positive working relationship with my supervisors. They gave me a high degree of latitude to get on with my job while always being there to help me with any unusual or difficult situations – to lend me the benefit of their experiance.

I had an excellent professional relationship with my co workers, which gelled quite nicely with the company environment. People assisted one another. “I made some good friends for life, who today can vouch for me on a professional basis.“ I miss them all.

The hardest part was to process an off cycle payroll due to last minut changes in the personal actions of the staff member, which could result in the delayed salary payment.

Almost every month end, When the system was locked for the data entry due to payroll processing, in my spare time I had an opportuniety to learn new things and explore and discuss new areas of the work with my colleuges. – less
productive
IT/Telecom Assist II (Former Employee), DohukJune 12, 2013
Productive day.
learned lots of lessons and skills.
Management very active.
team & family spirit co-workers.
the most enjoyable part management care for you and your Family.
challenging job, professional environment
Post-2015 Development Team Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Pros: sport facilities
Cons: short breaks
It is a good place for career development. It is hard to get hired by this organization if you are intern as the jobs created are already meant for particular consultant or employer and posting the vacancy is just a procedure.
Marvelous, dedicated culture
Asst. Web Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: passionate environment. good life/work balance.
Cons: very opaque and difficult job advancement path; little job security for consultants.
UNICEF was a thrilling place to work, filled with passionate dedicated, intelligent colleagues from all over the world, each working to ensure the education, health, rights, and protection of the world's children.
Productive and exchange of ideas encouraged
Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: team lunches encouraged
Cons: not enough time provided to get the job done.
Great place to work.
Very Competitive work environment
Excellent team work environment
Availability of a doctor in the premises in case one gets sick on the job.
INTERESTING AND A BIT FLUSTERING, EMOTIONAL AND HIGHLY REWARDING
PEER EDUCATOR (Former Employee), TABBA, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATENovember 28, 2012
A typical day involves educating parents and teachers on basic health issues , counselling and follow ups.
Friendly good management.
Sanitation Technical Officer (Former Employee), Darul AmanOctober 2, 2012
As hole was really good.8 hours work per day good coworkers and no much hard day.
Productive place to work and great people to work around
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great enivorment
Cons: bad coworkers
On a typical day for me I come into the office around 9:30 am and start to check all the emails I received from the day before after I left the office from the day before . I also make phone calls to different consulates to find out information about on-going visa processing we may have going on with the consulate. The hardest part of my job will have – more... to be the amount of rush Visa's that we have to take care of on last minute notice. – less
Very good and reliable company to work for.
SAP ABAP Consultant / Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 31, 2012
Very good people relations and work ethic.

Nice straight forward management, that also provided much space for own creativity and adoption of new technologies. Pretty heavy workload along with high responsibility for support of core processes.
Believe in the welfare and safety of children all over the world.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2012
I enjoyed being a part of an organization that put the welfare of children all over the world who could not speak or help themselves. I believe every child should be safe.
Productive and great place for meeting different people
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ramallah, PalestineMay 16, 2012
Pros: the boss was approachable in a professional way.
Preparing materials for workshops which included typing, faxing and translating. Then before the workshops arranging for the hotel accomodations for participants from other cities and arranging the transportations. I learned from this job how to handle certain situations from dealing with different personalities without creating a conflict.

1 2 3 4 5

About UNICEF

UNICEF began working to help children around the world when it was created by the United Nations in 1946. The organization strives – Read more