UNICEF Employee Reviews

Very helping, caring and respectful staff. loved working with UNICEF
HR/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2013
while working with UNICEF as a HR/Payroll assistant, My day used to statrt at 9:00 am. with greeting all my colleagues at the floor. Next I woluld check my phone messages, check my emails, and my things to do ASAP list. receive mails from the mail room, distribute the mail to related officers.

Print all the entitlement applications such as rental saubsidy , salary advance, rental advance, education grants (for employees working in the field offices located in 140 countries) received from the operations officers world wide on daily basis.

Review all the applications and attached supported documents carefully before processing. communicate with related operations officer regarding the incorrect/ incomplete applications, provide necessery information for the corrections. re-review corrected applications upon receipt.

create records in the system in order to process the applications. lock the created records for an approval.

After processing all the applications, draft an approval letters to get it Authorised/signed by the Payroll Officers. Scan and print the signed copy for the record keeping. send an approval back to the operations officers once the fund is authorised and realesed.

Answer the queries received from employes related to their entitlements. Resolve the complex query involving reserch and manual calculations.

This position has given me a number of valuable experiences and knowledge to include proficiency in all administrative tasks, as well as overseeing office operations. This range of duties includes, but is not limited to: Processing entitlements, grants and
  more... subsidies for staff members, computer communications, review and research to resolve queries from staff members, filing and record keeping, data entry.

I’m fortunate to have a pretty positive working relationship with my supervisors. They gave me a high degree of latitude to get on with my job while always being there to help me with any unusual or difficult situations – to lend me the benefit of their experiance.

I had an excellent professional relationship with my co workers, which gelled quite nicely with the company environment. People assisted one another. “I made some good friends for life, who today can vouch for me on a professional basis.“ I miss them all.

The hardest part was to process an off cycle payroll due to last minut changes in the personal actions of the staff member, which could result in the delayed salary payment.

Almost every month end, When the system was locked for the data entry due to payroll processing, in my spare time I had an opportuniety to learn new things and explore and discuss new areas of the work with my colleuges.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive
IT/Telecom Assist II (Former Employee) –  DohukJune 12, 2013
Productive day.
learned lots of lessons and skills.
Management very active.
team & family spirit co-workers.
the most enjoyable part management care for you and your Family.
challenging job, professional environment
Post-2015 Development Team Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2013
It is a good place for career development. It is hard to get hired by this organization if you are intern as the jobs created are already meant for particular consultant or employer and posting the vacancy is just a procedure.
Pros
sport facilities
Cons
short breaks
Marvelous, dedicated culture
Asst. Web Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2013
UNICEF was a thrilling place to work, filled with passionate dedicated, intelligent colleagues from all over the world, each working to ensure the education, health, rights, and protection of the world's children.
Pros
passionate environment. good life/work balance.
Cons
very opaque and difficult job advancement path; little job security for consultants.
Productive and exchange of ideas encouraged
Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Great place to work.
Very Competitive work environment
Excellent team work environment
Availability of a doctor in the premises in case one gets sick on the job.
Pros
team lunches encouraged
Cons
not enough time provided to get the job done.
Productive place to work and great people to work around
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2012
On a typical day for me I come into the office around 9:30 am and start to check all the emails I received from the day before after I left the office from the day before . I also make phone calls to different consulates to find out information about on-going visa processing we may have going on with the consulate. The hardest part of my job will have to be the amount of rush Visa's that we have to take care of on last minute notice.
Pros
great enivorment
Cons
bad coworkers
Very good and reliable company to work for.
SAP ABAP Consultant / Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2012
Very good people relations and work ethic.

Nice straight forward management, that also provided much space for own creativity and adoption of new technologies. Pretty heavy workload along with high responsibility for support of core processes.
Believe in the welfare and safety of children all over the world.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2012
I enjoyed being a part of an organization that put the welfare of children all over the world who could not speak or help themselves. I believe every child should be safe.
Productive and great place for meeting different people
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ramallah, PalestineMay 16, 2012
Preparing materials for workshops which included typing, faxing and translating. Then before the workshops arranging for the hotel accomodations for participants from other cities and arranging the transportations. I learned from this job how to handle certain situations from dealing with different personalities without creating a conflict.
Pros
the boss was approachable in a professional way.
Hard work, rewarding work
Bilingual Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 12, 2012
Opportunities for growth. Great company spirit and interesting mix of colleagues.
Pros
bilingualism; clear goals
Cons
kfc dark-meat tuesday
Wonderfull work place with multiple coss-culture, harsh conditions and wild local people.
Senior Field Logistician (Former Employee) –  Southern Sudan.February 24, 2012
A UN Agency for Children. Child Protection, education and orphanage. Works all over the world with aim of Protecting the children.
Pros
free accommodation, meals, travels etc.
Cons
comprehensive medical cover, air tickets, social welfare etc.