UNICEF

UNICEF Employer Reviews

UNICEF
USSCO (Current Employee), Khan, JKMay 13, 2014
WORKING AT UNICEF WAS THE BEST EXPERIECE, LEARN AND ACHIEVED A LOT OF INFORMATIONA AND KNOWLEDGE .
producrive and fun workplace
Sales Executive (Current Employee), johorFebruary 27, 2014
learned how to make sale, maintain attitute. the hardest part of the job is to convince people.
A multi dimensional IT professional
IT Officer (Former Employee), Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 19, 2014
10 years of rich experience in various areas of IT including desktop support, help desk/service desk operations, software & hardware support as well as windows server administration.
UN organisation with well defined procedures and red-tape
P-4 TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee), Copenhagen, DenmarkJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: many contacts with people across the world
Cons: technology not the core business
Had to learn a lot of burocracy, performed personnel evaluation.
Hardest part was to remain within the burocratic constraints.
The most enjoyable was to be part of a world-wide help the children organisation
United Nations Children's Fund
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Dhaka, BangladeshJanuary 5, 2014
UNICEF is an UN agency and has an International and multicultural work environment.
International Consultant on HIV/AIDS in Malabo. Ecuatorial Guinea.
International Consultant on HIV/AIDS in Malabo (Former Employee), Malabo. Equatorial GuineaDecember 15, 2013
Pros: interesting and dynamic environment
Cons: working long hours on weekends
• Prepared a situation diagnosis on the minor affected by HIV/AIDS in Equatorial Guinea collecting information through a study. Analysis and interpretation of the survey results
• Organize and conduct a workshop for the preparation of a plan of action to improve living conditions of minors infected/affected by HIV/AIDS in Equatorial Guinea
• Provided – more... technical assistance and monitoring of NGOs currently and technique assitance and monitoring in the ministry of health and social welfare – less
Very productive and supportive.
District Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Kailahu district, Sierra Leone.November 30, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: lunch hour
Transhipment of supply when the vehicles from central stocked on the worst road leading to the district medical store.
Alot on supply chain and warehouse management.
Manaeging staff at district and community level along the sypply chain.
Pharmacist, IT officer and store keepers.
Riding motorbike to access the road for vehicles use.
Writting reports – more... at the end of month. – less
Research Associate
SPONSOR (Former Employee), warangalNovember 19, 2013
ABSTRACT:
 The aim of the project is to provide automation of neonatal and pregnant care.
 Track each pregnant woman.
 Track each neonatal and child (from 0 to 5 years of age).
Rewarding
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee), IranNovember 19, 2013
Working for UNICEF gave me the opportunity to give back to my society.
Challanging yet very educative
Master Trainer in Psychosocial Support (Former Employee), DamascusOctober 16, 2013
Pros: mant training opportunities
Cons: stressful
Since I was contracted for certain trainings, every single detail in my duties was clear and enjoyable. Unicef was a major partner in the previous work experience too and I can say: t's the place of work where I learned he most.
productive and Knowledge with fun
Child Development & Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 11, 2013
-Had a hand to hand experience work experience working with Administrative Officers, Hospital Patient- Doctor- Nurse team.
-Co-workers were very supportive and full of knowledge and experience.
- Hardest part was to leave the leave job as had to come to settle with my husband,
- was struggling to get job in UK in my area and I expect Indeed job will – more... help me to each possible extent. – less
Volunteer work
Volunteer- Assistant to the Projects Director (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 18, 2013
A great opportunity. An experience I always wanted to have.
It is helpful to work their for me here i upgrade my skill very well.
Zonal Routine immunization Facilitator (Current Employee), Agra, UPAugust 8, 2013
Pros: field visits with officials
Cons: no support from health department
Its a very good experience.
I learn how to collaborate with higher officials.
They are hard working professionals.
Very cooperative.
No support from health department.
Training and Workshop.
Very well organized systems and procedures.
Provincial Program Communication Officer (Former Employee), Punjab, PakistanJuly 17, 2013
Pros: health insurance and pension fund
Cons: job unsecurity
It is an esteemed organization and provide dignity in work for women and children. Every one works there as a mission to serve the unserved in regular or emergency situations.
Fun workplace with a family of co-workers.
Independent Contractor/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Burnley, ENGJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly and family like co-workers.
Cons: you have to have an extremely out-going personality.
A typical day of work with UNICEF is either doing door-to-door work or working on a stand within a shopping complex.

I learn't more personal skills rather then professional skills in my opinion. The job requires you to talk to people, you don't treat them as a customer but rather a person and your job is to ask for their help.

Management is great, – more... they do everything they need to do to keep you inspired and motivated each morning by either putting on a speech and going through some useful tips or going through some activities to get everybody pumped.

The co-workers at UNICEF are amazing, it's like everyone's from the same family. You can ask anyone and everyone for help and advice, they're extremely friendly and open.

The hardest part for me was going from door-to-door. Since the job from 'Origin Energy' completely changed my view on people for 'life' in a big way I always panic'd when I heard the footsteps of someone walking to their door. The thing is I hate lying to people and in Origin out of all the trainers I had to get the dodgy one that trained me to basically lie, there for resulting in... not so friendly outcomes from Origin's door knocking days. So now I have this fear when I knock on a strangers door.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the induction training. For induction training I had to go from door-to-door but my trainer was the one knocking all day. This one time I ended up keeping a customers child company while the customer was giving details to my trainer for on-going an support paper, I was running up and down the front lawn for about 5 minutes. – less
Productive and Educative
Children and Elderly Support (Former Employee), LagosMay 28, 2013
Pros: life work balance
It is an excellent place to work as the relationship among staff and children with special needy is very cordial
critical management
Project Manager (Former Employee), DhakaMay 25, 2013
Pros: high salary and benefit
Cons: long hours travel from residence
Not following cultural values and organizational policies, work long and extra hour without benefit, frequent decision change made my life measurable. Co-worker was good.
Productive and positive
Volunteer (Former Employee), Caserta (Italy)April 27, 2013
I occasionally was a volunteer to Unicef, participating to biggest events of the years 2009-2010.
Good organisation
sales representative (Former Employee), South AfricaApril 14, 2013
energetic work place, tought me a lot when it comes to sales how to pitch clients, problem solving and customer care. everybody motivated each other cause we all wanted to grow and succeed, but nothing came easy we had to work real hard in order to achieve the goals set on daily basis, but always worth it in the end when you finally do reach your target
very estimulating
Volunteer Translation (Former Employee), MadridFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: work from home.
Cons: long texts.
I worked from home, I translated situation reports from English and French to Spanish. My coordenator was very helpful when I had any doubt. I loved translating from home and having my time.

About UNICEF

UNICEF began working to help children around the world when it was created by the United Nations in 1946. The organization strives – Read more