UNICEF

UNICEF Employer Reviews

Rewarding
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee), IranNovember 19, 2013
Working for UNICEF gave me the opportunity to give back to my society.
VISITING STREET CHILDREN 18TH FEBRUARY 2011
UNICEF JOB (Current Employee), TANZANIAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: we had lunch
Cons: yes
At 18th ,February we went in one of the village in Singida-Tanzania,it was very difficult to reach every one since we were so few and those we targeted to meet were so many.

I learned that, if there is big cooperation with enough number of co-worker many needs we be saved.

Although we were few,we had a good management since we divided each other on – more... how to reach and provide service.

The hardest part of the job was when faced difficult to reach each one
Although we faced all those challenges ,but we were enjoyed much at the time to determine our success on jobs. – less
A positive and satisfying job with great chances for personal and professional progress
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Havana, CubaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: opportunities to grow professionally
Cons: stressing by moments
Working for UNICEF was an interesting and enriching experience, which provided opportunities to learn new things everyday. Hectic, though, but exciting and rewarding at the same time. I could get wide knowledge about the work of this UN organization in my country, the way to approach certain issues in challenging contexts, as well as how to assist with – more... professionalism the personalities, such as Ambassadors, Representatives from sister offices or simply regular clients, that came to the office. I had the chance to make use of my skills in the different languages I speak to enable communication and coordinate meetings inside and outside the office. Furthermore, I wrote down notes in meetings, took care of the telephone calls and the Representative's e-mail correspondence, among other clerical duties. The relationship with my colleagues was excellent, based on mutual respect and support. We always worked as a real team, and although there were moments of pressure and intense activity with several projects and challenging deadlines to meet, which made the work truly hard, the fact of striving all together to reach our goals was one of the most comforting and enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Challanging yet very educative
Master Trainer in Psychosocial Support (Former Employee), DamascusOctober 16, 2013
Pros: mant training opportunities
Cons: stressful
Since I was contracted for certain trainings, every single detail in my duties was clear and enjoyable. Unicef was a major partner in the previous work experience too and I can say: t's the place of work where I learned he most.
productive and Knowledge with fun
Child Development & Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 11, 2013
-Had a hand to hand experience work experience working with Administrative Officers, Hospital Patient- Doctor- Nurse team.
-Co-workers were very supportive and full of knowledge and experience.
- Hardest part was to leave the leave job as had to come to settle with my husband,
- was struggling to get job in UK in my area and I expect Indeed job will – more... help me to each possible extent. – less
Volunteer work
Volunteer- Assistant to the Projects Director (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 18, 2013
A great opportunity. An experience I always wanted to have.
productive internship
Employee (Current Employee), YaoundéSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch at times
Cons: short breaks
The office opens at 8:00 am and close at 3:00 am in which the lunch is from 12:00 to 12:30 and it is not compulsary because at times we had a lot to do. I learned so much about the office job, how to direct people,to accomplish duties that are assigned to you by your director .my co_workers were very professional and kind to me.
The hardest part of – more... the job is when somebody comes to give his or her sister or brother file, he always do the wrong thing and at times missunderstand you. The most enjoyable part is when they understand the procedure,are happy,you are and so is ev – less
Its a great organisation and I have enjoyed 10yrs of full time employment. It has provided me with alot of opportunity both development & humanitarian
Child Protection officer (Current Employee), FIJI -SUVASeptember 16, 2013
The day begins with review of my days plan looking at the days priorities. After that I check the emails identify urgent ones which call for immediate attention.
Check my diary for the days scheduled meetings and then allocate time.

Through UNICEF I have learnt time management, life work balance and working as a team in a very diverse cultural environment.

The – more... hardest part is meeting the very tight deadlines and balancing interests of the organisation, Government of host country and sometimes the donor and most importantly meeting results for children and families which is the UNICEF's mandate.

In UNICEF i have enjoyed the diverse cultural experience meeting new people and new experienceat work place. – less
It is helpful to work their for me here i upgrade my skill very well.
Zonal Routine immunization Facilitator (Current Employee), Agra, UPAugust 8, 2013
Pros: field visits with officials
Cons: no support from health department
Its a very good experience.
I learn how to collaborate with higher officials.
They are hard working professionals.
Very cooperative.
No support from health department.
Training and Workshop.
Very well organized systems and procedures.
Provincial Program Communication Officer (Former Employee), Punjab, PakistanJuly 17, 2013
Pros: health insurance and pension fund
Cons: job unsecurity
It is an esteemed organization and provide dignity in work for women and children. Every one works there as a mission to serve the unserved in regular or emergency situations.
Good working environment with supportive manages and required facilities for our capacity development and entertainment/sport etc
WASH Officer (Former Employee), Mazār-e Sharīf, BALJuly 10, 2013
Pros: availability of a gim
Cons: work with government staff with low capacity and without commitment
- To be always advanced and prepared at work.
- There was good management and work environment from which I learned how to manage the programme with very few and limited staff in a very wide and big project/programme targeted areas.
- There were always very few but very cooperative co workers.
- The hardest part of the work was working with incapable – more... and non committed government staff especially in emergencies during which we had to continue the developmental work and also manage the emergencies all with limited staff in the very insecure areas.
- The most enjoyable part of the work was working in a team especialy while getting the result of the team work. – less
Fun workplace with a family of co-workers.
Independent Contractor/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Burnley, ENGJuly 3, 2013
Pros: friendly and family like co-workers.
Cons: you have to have an extremely out-going personality.
A typical day of work with UNICEF is either doing door-to-door work or working on a stand within a shopping complex.

I learn't more personal skills rather then professional skills in my opinion. The job requires you to talk to people, you don't treat them as a customer but rather a person and your job is to ask for their help.

Management is great, – more... they do everything they need to do to keep you inspired and motivated each morning by either putting on a speech and going through some useful tips or going through some activities to get everybody pumped.

The co-workers at UNICEF are amazing, it's like everyone's from the same family. You can ask anyone and everyone for help and advice, they're extremely friendly and open.

The hardest part for me was going from door-to-door. Since the job from 'Origin Energy' completely changed my view on people for 'life' in a big way I always panic'd when I heard the footsteps of someone walking to their door. The thing is I hate lying to people and in Origin out of all the trainers I had to get the dodgy one that trained me to basically lie, there for resulting in... not so friendly outcomes from Origin's door knocking days. So now I have this fear when I knock on a strangers door.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the induction training. For induction training I had to go from door-to-door but my trainer was the one knocking all day. This one time I ended up keeping a customers child company while the customer was giving details to my trainer for on-going an support paper, I was running up and down the front lawn for about 5 minutes. – less
Productive and Educative
Children and Elderly Support (Former Employee), LagosMay 28, 2013
Pros: life work balance
It is an excellent place to work as the relationship among staff and children with special needy is very cordial
critical management
Project Manager (Former Employee), DhakaMay 25, 2013
Pros: high salary and benefit
Cons: long hours travel from residence
Not following cultural values and organizational policies, work long and extra hour without benefit, frequent decision change made my life measurable. Co-worker was good.
Productive Place to work
Consultant, Partnerships and Advocacy Department (Former Employee), NairobiMay 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches
My day started at 7am, I would report to the canteen for breakfast! Then by 8am am in the office. I would then go through emails. Then I would meet with my supervisor to prepare for the day.
Productive and positive
Volunteer (Former Employee), Caserta (Italy)April 27, 2013
I occasionally was a volunteer to Unicef, participating to biggest events of the years 2009-2010.
Good organisation
sales representative (Former Employee), South AfricaApril 14, 2013
energetic work place, tought me a lot when it comes to sales how to pitch clients, problem solving and customer care. everybody motivated each other cause we all wanted to grow and succeed, but nothing came easy we had to work real hard in order to achieve the goals set on daily basis, but always worth it in the end when you finally do reach your target
Very nice organization to work with.
IT Officer (Former Employee), BaghdadApril 2, 2013
Any day in this place could a regular day between the routers and switches, until you lose the connection with the main server.I have learned that when a person insisting to achieve his/her dreams, with a kind of hard work will achieve it. The management was so nice and cooperative and many times i feel sad for them, because they spend all their time – more... in the same location, they even sleep in the international zone. My co-workers are my family, that's my spirit at work. The job was located in the international zone in Baghdad, Iraq. Which is very dangerous place to stay in as long as you have some missiles raining on you from time to time. But still there a very nice time when we spend our lunch together with international staff, were everybody is talking about their culture and history. – less
very estimulating
Volunteer Translation (Former Employee), MadridFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: work from home.
Cons: long texts.
I worked from home, I translated situation reports from English and French to Spanish. My coordenator was very helpful when I had any doubt. I loved translating from home and having my time.
Fun place to see & help people
Facilitator assistant (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great community
Cons: late nights
An environment on the field were you see people living with AIDS/HIV. I assisted a facilitator on the job and it proved helpful, i was able to gain more knowledge on personal health care, work ethics especially when helping people and how to work with people.

About UNICEF

UNICEF began working to help children around the world when it was created by the United Nations in 1946. The organization strives – Read more