UNICEF

UNICEF Employer Reviews

Interesting hard working good experience
Communication Assistant (Former Employee), middle east jordanJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great job experience, short working hours, meeting new people traveling
Preparing press releases for the media.
searching UNICEF activities in the middle east
Social media monitoring
field work to the refugee camps
writing stories
contacting media outlets
interviewing
transcription
translation
Well paid and nice environment place to work
Senior Assistant (Former Employee), MoldovaJanuary 6, 2013
a typical day at work is always good
management was great
my co-workers were friendly
i've never had hardest part of the job
everything i've done was the most enjoyable part of the job
HARD WORKING PLACE
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), HYDDecember 27, 2012
IT IS VERY DIFFICULT DAYS TO WORK I LEARNED HOW TO FACE OUT DONORS MANAGEMENT NOT IN GOOD COMMUNICATION WITH TEAM
good organization for overall growth.
Facilitator (Former Employee), KathmanduDecember 7, 2012
This time was very productive and remarkable. i gained alot of knowledge and skill by UNICEF.
Productive and fun
Health Specialist (Current Employee), SenegalDecember 6, 2012
Pros: a truly inernational work
Cons: too much work
Work scientific docs
Manage staff and relationship with partners and UNICEF country offices
Project managment
An ideal place to work with international colleagues
Information Management Officer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, PakistanDecember 5, 2012
- Meetings ---- A lots of meetings
- I learned Coordination among various large agencies and strategic partners
- Co-workers were from across the world
- Due to high employee turn over including supervisors, it was difficult to develop an understanding and sync.
- I enjoyed learning cultural practices from colleagues from different countries.
Very productive and Efficient UN Organization
Consultant on community water supply projects (Former Employee), Asmara-EritreaOctober 26, 2012
Pros: lots of refreshment
Cons: good health insurance, salary increment
The typical day was that the Annual Get-together festival attended by staff with their family members. It helped a lot to establish friendship among the workers to consider themselves as a member of one institution and the workers were highly motivated to work with courage.

I learned Project planning , Monitoring and evaluation as a component part – more... of institutional management skills.

The management aspect was more or less participatory where decisions are made on community demand response.

There was strong team sprite among the workers, and as a result, UNICEF-Eritrea has made remarkable achievements in reducing childhood illness

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there are clear cut responsibilities with time bound. there are no mixed responsibilities given to one worker and no duplication of responsibilities – less
Friendly good management.
Sanitation Technical Officer (Former Employee), Darul AmanOctober 2, 2012
As hole was really good.8 hours work per day good coworkers and no much hard day.
temp PA to CEO (Former Employee), London head officeSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: colleagues, culture/mindset
Cons: sad stories
I temped at UNICEF as a part-time PA to the Chief Executive. It was very interesting and enjoyable, especially working with such lovely dedicated people.

It was hard to hear about the sad experiences of some families in Africa, but on the other hand felt great that our work was doing something good to help people.
A very good place to work.
Shipping Assistant United Nations (Former Employee), Port au Prince, HaitiAugust 22, 2012
I work in respect place. I know a lot of people from other countries.
Perfect Place with lots of fun.
Benevolant (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 21, 2012
Pros: we had free lunch and some other wonderful benefits.
Cons: worked for a lot of extra hours
-Fabricating dolls/toys in the UNICEF building.
-Demonstrating and assisting school children from various schools in making their own toys.
-Making dolls at home for UNICEF.
Perfect Place with lots of fun.
Benevolant (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 18, 2012
Pros: we had free lunch and some other wonderful benefits.
Cons: worked for a lot of extra hours
A Typical day was a very busy one from examining the patients (physically and clinically), all through anesthetizing up to recovery and finally handing over to the ward nurse.
I have learnt to be very fast and careful while carrying out my job. The management is a very marvelous one while my co-workers are superb . The most hardest part of my job is – more... anesthetizing during long hours of surgery while the enjoyable part is waking the patient up after anesthesia. – less
Very friendly colleagyes
WASH Field Coordinator (Former Employee), NamibiaJuly 18, 2012
The colleagues are very supportive and friendly. worked in 5 districs while coordinating the water, sanitation and hygiene related activities of UNICEF in the flood affected regions of northern Namibia.
Very productive; fun, transformative management style
Planning and Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee), Harare, ZimbabweJuly 13, 2012
Pros: good social networking initiatives
Cons: short contracts
A typical day at work would involve starting the machine; catching up with supervisor on progress from the previous day and plans for the day / week; setting up and confriming appointments; meetings; report writing and occassionally, field work visits
Good and enjoyable
Facility Management Engineer (Current Employee), LucknowMay 10, 2012
Pros: working mode
Cons: long hours
I am applying for the post. I have progressively responsible experience in Computer Information Management, which involved Data processing Applications, Database, Multi-user Network and Telecommunications, Hardware/software Installation, User Assistance and End-user computerization documentation support.
Evidance based results for Child survival and HIV/AIDS programs
Consultant (P4) - HIV/AIDS/PMTCT (Former Employee), DJIBOUTIMay 9, 2012
Pros: caring for unicef staff
Cons: carrier development
Very conducive environment. Colleagues are very supportive and encouraging.
I increased my skills in decision making and creating confidence in myself. However, this could be a challenge if the skills I learnt from UNICEF could be applied to other organisations which are not such open and motivating
UNICEF is very professional organization and very – more... respected by Government key Ministries i.e Health, Education and Local Government – less
Vulonteering to do good things to others is simply priceless
volunteer (Former Employee), Damascus, SyriaMay 1, 2012
Working as a team member all of them need to help others and make education better especially with people or children who did have the chance to be educated the right way, creating ideas to make every information looks simple and enjoyable.
I learned a lot about transferring a good amount of information to children and make it an interaction way to – more... learn new things.
Nothing was hard in this.
The enjoyable part was when everybody is active and every gall that had been set is achieved. – less
Great organization doing good work
Kosovo, Life Skills Project, Consultant (Former Employee), Tirana and PrishtinaApril 13, 2012
I have worked for UNICEF as Consultant for the Life Skills Based Education in Albania and Kosovo.
My role as consultant was to develop and action plan for the project, develop the life skills based teacher's book, and train teachers in 37 districts in teaching life skills across the curriculum.
I had to work with educators in various levels: Ministry – more... of Education, Local Education Offices, school principles and teachers in schools.
The project was very well received and supported by all stakeholders.
It really made a difference. – less
Great place to work.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), TanzaniaMarch 23, 2012
Lasting learning experience. I worked there for the summer and found it to be a worthwhile experience.
Excelente!
Representante em Políticas Públicas MG (Former Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGNovember 19, 2014
Pros: preparação dos funcionários!
Uma ótima empresa para trabalhar com políticas públicas! Tem muita seriedade com seus funcionários!

About UNICEF

UNICEF began working to help children around the world when it was created by the United Nations in 1946. The organization strives – Read more