UNICEF

UNICEF Employer Reviews

temp PA to CEO (Former Employee), London head officeSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: colleagues, culture/mindset
Cons: sad stories
I temped at UNICEF as a part-time PA to the Chief Executive. It was very interesting and enjoyable, especially working with such lovely dedicated people.

It was hard to hear about the sad experiences of some families in Africa, but on the other hand felt great that our work was doing something good to help people.
A very good place to work.
Shipping Assistant United Nations (Former Employee), Port au Prince, HaitiAugust 22, 2012
I work in respect place. I know a lot of people from other countries.
Perfect Place with lots of fun.
Benevolant (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 21, 2012
Pros: we had free lunch and some other wonderful benefits.
Cons: worked for a lot of extra hours
-Fabricating dolls/toys in the UNICEF building.
-Demonstrating and assisting school children from various schools in making their own toys.
-Making dolls at home for UNICEF.
Perfect Place with lots of fun.
Benevolant (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 18, 2012
Pros: we had free lunch and some other wonderful benefits.
Cons: worked for a lot of extra hours
A Typical day was a very busy one from examining the patients (physically and clinically), all through anesthetizing up to recovery and finally handing over to the ward nurse.
I have learnt to be very fast and careful while carrying out my job. The management is a very marvelous one while my co-workers are superb . The most hardest part of my job is – more... anesthetizing during long hours of surgery while the enjoyable part is waking the patient up after anesthesia. – less
Very friendly colleagyes
WASH Field Coordinator (Former Employee), NamibiaJuly 18, 2012
The colleagues are very supportive and friendly. worked in 5 districs while coordinating the water, sanitation and hygiene related activities of UNICEF in the flood affected regions of northern Namibia.
Very productive; fun, transformative management style
Planning and Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee), Harare, ZimbabweJuly 13, 2012
Pros: good social networking initiatives
Cons: short contracts
A typical day at work would involve starting the machine; catching up with supervisor on progress from the previous day and plans for the day / week; setting up and confriming appointments; meetings; report writing and occassionally, field work visits
Good and enjoyable
Facility Management Engineer (Current Employee), LucknowMay 10, 2012
Pros: working mode
Cons: long hours
I am applying for the post. I have progressively responsible experience in Computer Information Management, which involved Data processing Applications, Database, Multi-user Network and Telecommunications, Hardware/software Installation, User Assistance and End-user computerization documentation support.
Evidance based results for Child survival and HIV/AIDS programs
Consultant (P4) - HIV/AIDS/PMTCT (Former Employee), DJIBOUTIMay 9, 2012
Pros: caring for unicef staff
Cons: carrier development
Very conducive environment. Colleagues are very supportive and encouraging.
I increased my skills in decision making and creating confidence in myself. However, this could be a challenge if the skills I learnt from UNICEF could be applied to other organisations which are not such open and motivating
UNICEF is very professional organization and very – more... respected by Government key Ministries i.e Health, Education and Local Government – less
Vulonteering to do good things to others is simply priceless
volunteer (Former Employee), Damascus, SyriaMay 1, 2012
Working as a team member all of them need to help others and make education better especially with people or children who did have the chance to be educated the right way, creating ideas to make every information looks simple and enjoyable.
I learned a lot about transferring a good amount of information to children and make it an interaction way to – more... learn new things.
Nothing was hard in this.
The enjoyable part was when everybody is active and every gall that had been set is achieved. – less
Great organization doing good work
Kosovo, Life Skills Project, Consultant (Former Employee), Tirana and PrishtinaApril 13, 2012
I have worked for UNICEF as Consultant for the Life Skills Based Education in Albania and Kosovo.
My role as consultant was to develop and action plan for the project, develop the life skills based teacher's book, and train teachers in 37 districts in teaching life skills across the curriculum.
I had to work with educators in various levels: Ministry – more... of Education, Local Education Offices, school principles and teachers in schools.
The project was very well received and supported by all stakeholders.
It really made a difference. – less
Great place to work.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), TanzaniaMarch 23, 2012
Lasting learning experience. I worked there for the summer and found it to be a worthwhile experience.
ESTRUCTURAS DEFICIENTES
Captador (Current Employee), Guadalajara, JALAugust 4, 2014
Pros: horario
Cons: salário, capacitación, ambiente laboral, deficiencias en todos loa campos
ESTRUCTURAS Y PLAN DE TRABAJO MAL EMPLEADO, DEFICIENCIAS EN PERSONAL, MAL USO DE RECURSOS
Actividades receativas antes de salir a campo
PROMOTOR (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJuly 30, 2014
Pros: habia muy buena comunicacion y apoyo con tus superiores
Cons: te dan seguro medico hasta las tres mese
El ambiente laboral es muy bueno aunque realmente pierdes mucha vida social es una gran empresa que te ayuda crecer tanto en persona como en tu vida laboral
Empresa Sólida e conhecida mundialmente
Executiva de vendas corporativas (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: conhecida mundialmente
Cons: nada a declarar
Gostava muito de fazer parte desta equipe, trabalhar no UNICEF era a tradução de que eu estava sendo uma pessoa melhor, não só pelo peso do nome UNICEF mas saber que meu trabalho estava ajudando milhares de crianças pelo mundo.
divertido e integrador
Vendedora (Former Employee), Mar del Plata, BJuly 17, 2014
Pros: descansos
Cons: trabajo insalubre. nadie resguarda tu seguridad en la vía publica
ingreso a las 10 a.m en puntos de encuantro fijados por nuestro Encargado
frenar gente y comentarle que es Unicef cuales eran los proyectos a seguir de la empresa y luego comentarle como puede ser socio y que befecio tiene.
Alto nivel técnico
Nutrition/Public Health Officer (Current Employee), La PazJune 18, 2014
Alto nivel técnico de trabajo. Trabajo bajo presión. Alta responsabilidad.
muy buena
AUXILIAR ADMINISTRATIVO (Former Employee), CastellonMay 26, 2014
venta de productos de la marca, organizacion de stock, atencion a socios, contabilizacion de facturas
Aprendí a ser mejor persona, aprendí que para lo que algunos es poco, para otros es todo, que hay gente muy necesitada, y que tambien hay mucha gente solidaria
La parte mas dificil del trabajo era ver esas caras de los niños de los paises en desarrollo, – more... luchando por sobrevivir dia a dia.
lo que mas me gustó del trabajo era el fin, el fin que tenia nuestro trabajo – less
Buen ambiente
Camarero en Badajoz (Former Employee), Badajoz, EXApril 14, 2014
Trabajo de calle dinámico, duro, pero exigente, como un buen ser humano debe ser.
Cada uno hacia su trabajo
Grabadora de datos, recepcionista (Former Employee), Madrid, MDApril 9, 2014
Pros: te daban tu trabajo por la mañana y nadie te decia nada
Cons: a mi personalmente este ambiente de trabajo en el que no te relaccionas no me gusta
En este puesto de trabajo cada uno iva a lo suyo, no tuve mucha relaccion con los compañeros
Envirronement agréable
Consultante marketing pour le développement (Former Employee), YaoundéFebruary 3, 2014
j'y retournerais volontiers
la sécurité au travail est unique

About UNICEF

UNICEF began working to help children around the world when it was created by the United Nations in 1946. The organization strives – Read more