Unidine Corporation Employee Reviews

Very productive
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 27, 2016
Undine is very productive. Where I work, is a nursing home so basically making food and serving it to the elderly! Which is a plus because I adore them! It's a kitchen, where you make food, & provide it for everyone there.
They suck
cashier (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJuly 26, 2016
Management is very rude and they treat you as if you are below them and not just another employee just as they are.
Unidine at a glance
Cook (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 21, 2016
A good solid company to work for when starting out,but when it comes time to move up(i.e. cook, to sous, to executive).No room to move up,in accounts in the south.in order to move up in the company, u have to internship in accounts up north.job life/home life is low,but that comes with the territory being in service industry.hourly pay is midway,but a lot depends on experience,but 401k is nice,with medical and dental and eyecare.Advancement is low as stated above.management is low due to some cases u have inexperienced people in experienced positions.job culture is midway due to the fact; culinary is not for everyone,it will either make u or break u.
A typical day for me as a night chef (11-730),would consist of making a pizza for the grill cook on retail.laying pans of white and wheat rolls and pizza doughs for the upcoming week.Assist the AM chef on the patient line and cook backups for AM grill on retail.afterwards,prep food for retail and patient line two days in advance.Take 30 minute break at 2 o'clock.come back at 2:30 and proceed to check and make a list for what u have and what u need.Prepare what is needed and continue Ticketswith prep list.Check low boy to see what meats and vegetables are needed,refill low boy.First ticket waves come in at 330.Cook,prepare,and garnish plates for service.Hand over to expo to put in hotbox to go upstairs.Tickets come in 30 min. waves,330,4,430,5,530.When last wave is served,call for emergency department to see how many and cook standardized menu for ED for the day.After ED is finished,prepare and cook 3 meals for both doctors lounge
  more... and overnight trays.Cutoff point for late trays is 630,after that time break down patient line.Save what can be and trash goes in buckets to be weighed as waste.clean flat-top grill,clean char-broil grill,clean fryers,wash and sanitize prep tables,and wash pots in pot sink,wipe out steamers and cut off convection oven.Double check prep list and see what is needed for the next day and restock lowboy.Record sanitizer ppm for pot sink.Record temps for walk-in cooler,reach-in cooler,freezer 1 and 2.Shut off lights and hood system before walking out.  less
Pros
great medical, dental, eye, and 401k, great cooking staff
Cons
underpaid for responsibilities, no room for advancement
Don't work here
Part-time Dining Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2016
don't work for them they do not care about anyone but their own wallet. I hope to find a new job soon! Everyone I work with does not like this company at all.
High turn around
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Poor employee relations. Not a family-friendly company. Poor benefits; very expensive for families. They lacked process and therefore made it difficult to provide performance reviews.
Revolving door executive management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2015
Enjoyed the time with Unidine, though there was a lot of movement within executive management, that left clients uncertain and uncomfortable. Senior management onsite was superb1
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
long hours at times, with limited company support
Horrible Place to Work
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Nothing is the Truth, Money driven, no sense of care for the client at all. They are not honest with their employees, their clients or even themselves....
Up's and Downs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times and most management members were all about numbers and not focused on employee growth and development. This was my first contract food management job. Following of policies and procedures were based on what location or facility you were at. Some facilities would follow polices to the "T" and others would'nt even have the "Basics" of the company's culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching employee's about food and preparation for daily services. The company dissolved the department that I worked for because of issues that were above my pay grade so I can't comment on that. So I was given my "two weeks" (9 days) form upper management to find new employment. Unidine is a big and very successful company but with the recent growth over the last few years some departments of the company have been over looked and have declined in standards.
Pros
Working with hourly staff members and teaching proper cooking techniques
Cons
Working with management or employees that didn't have the passion for food.
Great people, amazing company concept, constantly changing direction
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
This company has some outstanding people that work for them and their approach to foodservice is second to none, but it seems as though every few months there is a change in the direction of the company and a lot of people shuffling that it gets confusing and concerning to those in the field.
Well...
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, miMay 11, 2015
What to say about Unidine. I was hired in by an incompetent Dining Director. Who yelled continuously at all of his employees infront of their clients, when you didn't do as he wanted, when he wanted. They use a whole bunch of different rules to follow, but no one follows any of their own values. I was a dietary aide, always short staffed, and forced to work doubles almost three times a week. Was promised raise after raise, but unfortunately I didn't get anything I was promised. Trained as a Lead Supervisor on night shifts, and had title stripped because they continued to hire new leads every month. Promised new employees advancement due to taking college courses and never follow through. Turn over was super high, I watched over 80 employees come and go in less then 6 months. They can't keep management In the three years I was with Unidine.. We've gone through 6-7 executive chefs, three directors, and three patient service managers.Hired people in promising them advancement in the company. No one got anything they were promised. I wouldn't work for a company who doesn't follow their own values.

Bunch Of Lies:
OUR VALUES
Whether we are responding to the needs of our partners, or one of our own team members, our values outline a commitment to transparency and respect in everything we do. By setting clear expectations and living up to them, we hope to differentiate our services through a focus on hospitality that extends far beyond the kitchen.

The Unidine Way is communicated to everyone and guides all dealings.
We make commitments we can live up to and do what we say
  more... we will.
We pay attention to details in everything.
We respect all team members, give them responsibilities and empower them to grow.
We are guided by honesty and integrity in everything we do.
There is a sense of urgency in all matters relating to customers. We respond to them and are driven by them.
We give all our effort, take risks, make good mistakes, not bad mistakes, and reward success.
Pros
Free Food, Set Schedule
Cons
No Advancement, No Raises, Favoritism
Great work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 30, 2015
I loved the office environment and job culture. It was a small office but had a great team of people in the corporate office.

Also, the workload was heavy as well. We had an open floor to share ideas about changes needed in the department. It's great to be acknowledge and heard in the workplace.

There were monthly corporate team members meetings regarding important company operational and financial information
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Team Member Socials
Cons
No growth oppurtunites
Poor management, they should improve in how they manage the accounts.
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
What I enjoyed the most it was talk to my customers and keep a good relation with them,
I learned that even if you work hard and do your work well, the company doesn't care at all and if they want to get rid of you, they do with any excuse they can find.

It is the worst management that I've ever work with, they don't last any long, and how they deal with stuff, it's just the worst. if it wasn't then they would last longer.
co-workers change all the time, because of the reason of the poor management, they don't know how to run the accounts so they run and change for other one.

the hardest part of my job would have been deal with all the new changes and managements, prices and rules, they change all the time,
Pros
free lunches, No weekends or nights, paid time off.
Cons
short breaks, management changes all the time, expensive health insurance, not enough communication with executive professionals
Not a good company to work for.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
A typical day for was to prepping my work station. my co-workers were great management they had great managers there but the last two were terrible to the employees. No benefits was the worst part of the company.
You'll be sorry
GeneralManager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 29, 2014
I went to work for them and was promised the world in support, 3 months into the contract I found out that the senior managers had not even reviewed the proforma and had no idea what food costs had been promised to the client. 4 weeks after bringing it to Corporate s attention, they terminated me !!! My regional always said that Unidine only made good mistakes, as long as they can blame it on there managers I guess that's true for them.

I lost my job,apartment, and spent the holidays unemployed!!! Thanks Unidine
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Senior managers cannot be trusted and will make you the scape goat for the companies mistakes
good working atmosphere
Food Service Employee (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTOctober 11, 2014
a typical day is following procedure,on occasion ,
management is good.
co-workers are good.
The hardest part of the job,is a time element on the production side as opposed to the service end
the most enjoyable part of the job,is the completion of jobb performanc
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees
Operations Support
Lead Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
In depth support of entire operation from open to close. Emphasis on fresh food production, service, sanitation, and financial commitment.
Great Concept of Service
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 10, 2014
Needs Account support help and Stream lining the concept to fit is goals in the field. Very stressful and not very well supported by corporate.
Great company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IlAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed this company. The management team was fantastic and always there to push you to do your best. I learned about myself and others daily. Working at a hospital made the customer, who was usually a patient, more important than ever. Every day was a challenge, but in a good way.
Challenge
Chef Manager/Exec. Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Chattam, NJJune 23, 2014
Responsible for inventory records, production records including used and unused portions and product shortages
Responsible for trainings in proper presentation, portion control, and maintain proper serving temperatures according to HACCP standards
Ensure the proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes and following production standards
Pros
Some what knowledgeable crew
Cons
Some what knowledgeable crew
Summer Infant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
I am happy to furnish any interested employers with more information about Summer Infant upon request.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unidine Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9