Unidine Corporation Employee Reviews

Revolving door executive management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2015
Enjoyed the time with Unidine, though there was a lot of movement within executive management, that left clients uncertain and uncomfortable. Senior management onsite was superb1
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
long hours at times, with limited company support
Horrible Place to Work
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Nothing is the Truth, Money driven, no sense of care for the client at all. They are not honest with their employees, their clients or even themselves....
Up's and Downs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times and most management members were all about numbers and not focused on employee growth and development. This was my first contract food management job. Following of policies and procedures were based on what location or facility you were at. Some facilities would follow polices to the "T" and others would'nt even have the "Basics" of the company's culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching employee's about food and preparation for daily services. The company dissolved the department that I worked for because of issues that were above my pay grade so I can't comment on that. So I was given my "two weeks" (9 days) form upper management to find new employment. Unidine is a big and very successful company but with the recent growth over the last few years some departments of the company have been over looked and have declined in standards.
Pros
Working with hourly staff members and teaching proper cooking techniques
Cons
Working with management or employees that didn't have the passion for food.
Great people, amazing company concept, constantly changing direction
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
This company has some outstanding people that work for them and their approach to foodservice is second to none, but it seems as though every few months there is a change in the direction of the company and a lot of people shuffling that it gets confusing and concerning to those in the field.
Well...
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, miMay 11, 2015
What to say about Unidine. I was hired in by an incompetent Dining Director. Who yelled continuously at all of his employees infront of their clients, when you didn't do as he wanted, when he wanted. They use a whole bunch of different rules to follow, but no one follows any of their own values. I was a dietary aide, always short staffed, and forced to work doubles almost three times a week. Was promised raise after raise, but unfortunately I didn't get anything I was promised. Trained as a Lead Supervisor on night shifts, and had title stripped because they continued to hire new leads every month. Promised new employees advancement due to taking college courses and never follow through. Turn over was super high, I watched over 80 employees come and go in less then 6 months. They can't keep management In the three years I was with Unidine.. We've gone through 6-7 executive chefs, three directors, and three patient service managers.Hired people in promising them advancement in the company. No one got anything they were promised. I wouldn't work for a company who doesn't follow their own values.

Bunch Of Lies:
OUR VALUES
Whether we are responding to the needs of our partners, or one of our own team members, our values outline a commitment to transparency and respect in everything we do. By setting clear expectations and living up to them, we hope to differentiate our services through a focus on hospitality that extends far beyond the kitchen.

The Unidine Way is communicated to everyone and guides all dealings.
We make commitments we can live up to and do what we say
  more... we will.
We pay attention to details in everything.
We respect all team members, give them responsibilities and empower them to grow.
We are guided by honesty and integrity in everything we do.
There is a sense of urgency in all matters relating to customers. We respond to them and are driven by them.
We give all our effort, take risks, make good mistakes, not bad mistakes, and reward success.
Pros
Free Food, Set Schedule
Cons
No Advancement, No Raises, Favoritism
Great work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 30, 2015
I loved the office environment and job culture. It was a small office but had a great team of people in the corporate office.

Also, the workload was heavy as well. We had an open floor to share ideas about changes needed in the department. It's great to be acknowledge and heard in the workplace.

There were monthly corporate team members meetings regarding important company operational and financial information
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Team Member Socials
Cons
No growth oppurtunites
Poor management, they should improve in how they manage the accounts.
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
What I enjoyed the most it was talk to my customers and keep a good relation with them,
I learned that even if you work hard and do your work well, the company doesn't care at all and if they want to get rid of you, they do with any excuse they can find.

It is the worst management that I've ever work with, they don't last any long, and how they deal with stuff, it's just the worst. if it wasn't then they would last longer.
co-workers change all the time, because of the reason of the poor management, they don't know how to run the accounts so they run and change for other one.

the hardest part of my job would have been deal with all the new changes and managements, prices and rules, they change all the time,
Pros
free lunches, no weekends or nights, paid time off.
Cons
short breaks, management changes all the time, expensive health insurance, not enough communication with executive professionals
Not a good company to work for.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
A typical day for was to prepping my work station. my co-workers were great management they had great managers there but the last two were terrible to the employees. No benefits was the worst part of the company.
You'll be sorry
GeneralManager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 29, 2014
I went to work for them and was promised the world in support, 3 months into the contract I found out that the senior managers had not even reviewed the proforma and had no idea what food costs had been promised to the client. 4 weeks after bringing it to Corporate s attention, they terminated me !!! My regional always said that Unidine only made good mistakes, as long as they can blame it on there managers I guess that's true for them.

I lost my job,apartment, and spent the holidays unemployed!!! Thanks Unidine
Pros
great clients
Cons
senior managers cannot be trusted and will make you the scape goat for the companies mistakes
good working atmosphere
Food Service Employee (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTOctober 11, 2014
a typical day is following procedure,on occasion ,
management is good.
co-workers are good.
The hardest part of the job,is a time element on the production side as opposed to the service end
the most enjoyable part of the job,is the completion of jobb performanc
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees
Operations Support
Lead Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
In depth support of entire operation from open to close. Emphasis on fresh food production, service, sanitation, and financial commitment.
Great Concept of Service
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 10, 2014
Needs Account support help and Stream lining the concept to fit is goals in the field. Very stressful and not very well supported by corporate.
Great company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IlAugust 4, 2014
I really enjoyed this company. The management team was fantastic and always there to push you to do your best. I learned about myself and others daily. Working at a hospital made the customer, who was usually a patient, more important than ever. Every day was a challenge, but in a good way.
Challenge
Chef Manager/Exec. Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Chattam, NJJune 23, 2014
Responsible for inventory records, production records including used and unused portions and product shortages
Responsible for trainings in proper presentation, portion control, and maintain proper serving temperatures according to HACCP standards
Ensure the proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes and following production standards
Pros
some what knowledgeable crew
Cons
some what knowledgeable crew
Summer Infant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
I am happy to furnish any interested employers with more information about Summer Infant upon request.
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2014
They talk about Culture and Valuing their Employees. It's just talk. The Owner has a great Vision of being a "boutique" Company that will turn down business if it's the wrong fit. They don't! His Sr Staff are driven to profit, filling their own pockets with cash and they will step on anyone to do it! They are not transparent nor do they care about their clients. Very poor leadership here, especially at the Regional VP Level!
Pros
the owners vision.
Cons
the senior management and the regional vps are not to be trusted or believed.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New York Providence Rest NursingDecember 10, 2013
Overall my experience with Unidine would have been great, but due to both the Regional Director and my immediate boss it was not a positive experience. I would like the opportunity to work for the company again, I feel another outlet under a different team would be rewarding
Pros
great tools offered for all staff members.
Cons
poor communication with the management team i worked with.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2013
It is a growing company, excellent co-workers. A typical day is starting at 8:30 and working until 10 then have a daily meeting about the cultural meeting. The hardest part of the job is the long hours you have to work.
A nice company to work for if you love to travel
Operation Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2013
Working for the Unidine Corporation is an exciting and challenging place to work. As a Operations Support manager my role was to travel to different accounts in this country and fill the role of director or Chef manager. In these roles I am responsible for ordering, serving the highest quality food product, as well as keeping all budgets in line. I currently work a schedule of 10 days on and 4 days off, this has become a burden to my family. I am currently looking for employment closer to home.
Pros
excellent job and opportunity for the right person
Cons
all the constant traveling can become a burden
verbal abuse
manager (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKSeptember 13, 2013
Tell the Truth and nothing but the Truth

Well the Dining Director did not know how to talk to staff very mean and rude. #2 Dining Director did Not know how to Cook I don't know who hire this Dining Director with No formal culinary Training.
#3 Dining Director did not pay people what they are worth instead hired GED people that did little to know work.
Why is Health Insurance so much Money 2pple will cost you $750.oo a month seriously

Please listen to these reviews The Turnover is High don't waste your time look you will be next.
Pros
none free food you can get that anywhere
Cons
long hours had to make sure you cover you back

2.9