Unidine Corporation Employee Reviews

Coworkers make it worthwhile
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Earleville, MDOctober 23, 2017
I think unidine has a good concept, but they have very poor management. We have had three directors in the past year, and are also on our third district manager. Communication is severely lacking. We have a good team, and have pretty much run it ourselves for the last year. Part of the problem is the facility we are in, also poorly managed and also a revolving door of staff. I think eventually it will get better, the flexibility for me is key. I have a very flexible schedule and the pay is far above any others in the area for this type of work. The PAID time off is pretty good, they offer PAID holidays and 401k as well.
Pros
Flexibility, free meals and drinks
Cons
Poorly managed, lack of communication
Fast Growing
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
I love that being creative is embraced and as our company grows so will you. The opportunities are endless. We focus on fresh food and customer service.
Great fresh food approach, horrible management
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2017
The fresh food approach is great ! But the lack of management, affordable benefits, & decent pay rate is not acceptable for a full time job. Job advancement is almost impossible
Pros
Great food
Cons
Poor Benefits, poor management, unsatisfactory pay
I had fun while working there, it felt like family
LEAD COOK (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 12, 2017
I made some life long relationships with co-workers and especially enjoyed working with the residents. Work was made enjoyable everyday. It was like we were one big family
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
no room for promotion
Great first job with some issues
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 10, 2017
While I enjoyed my time with unidine, I would not work for them again. The pay is above average but sometimes that wasn't enough. With management constantly changing and the work ethicso of my coworkers below subpar, I was constantly left stressed out and overwhelmed.
Pros
Free food, good pay, work with my schedule
Cons
Unreliable management, disorganization, unhealthy work environment
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 2, 2017
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo pero un p├ęsimo trabajo por parte de los administrativos, manager y muy mal pagado.
Pros
Horario accesible
Cons
Mal pagado
Good fun to work with this company ,good part time job
dietary assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
It's good fun to work with my team , My supervisor is a good leader and helpful especially during rush to accomplish the tasks.
I play a hard part of the job for the sake of my co-workers esp. ladies cause i know they cannot handle this job if their assigned to this like doing pot washing and kitchen floor cleaning and sanitizing.
Pros
no break, eat the remaining foods after the serving process
Cons
no break.
Its Ok
Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 21, 2017
Working for Unidine is "ok". The people are good, management is good too. Some clients are better than others - some relationships are strictly vendor relationships and some actually consider you apart of the community/team.
Good concept of Fresh Food and scratch cooking
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Menus options were often based on the local fare from companies home office and attempts to make them adjust to the locale of the operation. Bonus structure vague and often changed to insure goal not met.
Pros
Fresh Food Concept
Cons
Vague or confusing bonus structure
Great company to work for!
Unidine team member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2017
I joined Unidine 1 year ago. I love the entrepreneurial feel and the fact that culinary creativity is encouraged. Unidine has a great team atmosphere and fosters internal growth and development. Many of the team members around me have already been promoted!
Pros
Great culture, talented people, strong team and customer focus
Cons
Entrepreneurial environment & fast paced - not for everyone - I personally love!
growing company
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2017
Tough Company to work for, If you don't mind working hard and working a lot than this is the company for you. They are constantly changing the game plan so you need to be flexible
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
you will need to work harder than you ever have
this is a terrible place to work
Assistant to VP of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 9, 2016
CEO is a tyrant and runs around screaming at everyone
high turnover rate in employees
im surprised they are still in business today
weird business model
Very productive
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 27, 2016
Undine is very productive. Where I work, is a nursing home so basically making food and serving it to the elderly! Which is a plus because I adore them! It's a kitchen, where you make food, & provide it for everyone there.
They suck
cashier (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJuly 26, 2016
Management is very rude and they treat you as if you are below them and not just another employee just as they are.
Unidine at a glance
Cook (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 21, 2016
A good solid company to work for when starting out,but when it comes time to move up(i.e. cook, to sous, to executive).No room to move up,in accounts in the south.in order to move up in the company, u have to internship in accounts up north.job life/home life is low,but that comes with the territory being in service industry.hourly pay is midway,but a lot depends on experience,but 401k is nice,with medical and dental and eyecare.Advancement is low as stated above.management is low due to some cases u have inexperienced people in experienced positions.job culture is midway due to the fact; culinary is not for everyone,it will either make u or break u.
A typical day for me as a night chef (11-730),would consist of making a pizza for the grill cook on retail.laying pans of white and wheat rolls and pizza doughs for the upcoming week.Assist the AM chef on the patient line and cook backups for AM grill on retail.afterwards,prep food for retail and patient line two days in advance.Take 30 minute break at 2 o'clock.come back at 2:30 and proceed to check and make a list for what u have and what u need.Prepare what is needed and continue Ticketswith prep list.Check low boy to see what meats and vegetables are needed,refill low boy.First ticket waves come in at 330.Cook,prepare,and garnish plates for service.Hand over to expo to put in hotbox to go upstairs.Tickets come in 30 min. waves,330,4,430,5,530.When last wave is served,call for emergency department to see how many and cook standardized menu for ED for the day.After ED is finished,prepare and cook 3 meals for both doctors lounge
  more... and overnight trays.Cutoff point for late trays is 630,after that time break down patient line.Save what can be and trash goes in buckets to be weighed as waste.clean flat-top grill,clean char-broil grill,clean fryers,wash and sanitize prep tables,and wash pots in pot sink,wipe out steamers and cut off convection oven.Double check prep list and see what is needed for the next day and restock lowboy.Record sanitizer ppm for pot sink.Record temps for walk-in cooler,reach-in cooler,freezer 1 and 2.Shut off lights and hood system before walking out.  less
Pros
great medical, dental, eye, and 401k, great cooking staff
Cons
underpaid for responsibilities, no room for advancement
Don't work here
Part-time Dining Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2016
don't work for them they do not care about anyone but their own wallet. I hope to find a new job soon! Everyone I work with does not like this company at all.
High turn around
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Poor employee relations. Not a family-friendly company. Poor benefits; very expensive for families. They lacked process and therefore made it difficult to provide performance reviews.
Revolving door executive management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2015
Enjoyed the time with Unidine, though there was a lot of movement within executive management, that left clients uncertain and uncomfortable. Senior management onsite was superb1
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
long hours at times, with limited company support
Horrible Place to Work
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Nothing is the Truth, Money driven, no sense of care for the client at all. They are not honest with their employees, their clients or even themselves....
Up's and Downs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times and most management members were all about numbers and not focused on employee growth and development. This was my first contract food management job. Following of policies and procedures were based on what location or facility you were at. Some facilities would follow polices to the "T" and others would'nt even have the "Basics" of the company's culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching employee's about food and preparation for daily services. The company dissolved the department that I worked for because of issues that were above my pay grade so I can't comment on that. So I was given my "two weeks" (9 days) form upper management to find new employment. Unidine is a big and very successful company but with the recent growth over the last few years some departments of the company have been over looked and have declined in standards.
Pros
Working with hourly staff members and teaching proper cooking techniques
Cons
Working with management or employees that didn't have the passion for food.