Unidine Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

High turn around
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Poor employee relations. Not a family-friendly company. Poor benefits; very expensive for families. They lacked process and therefore made it difficult to provide performance reviews.
Up's and Downs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times and most management members were all about numbers and not focused on employee growth and development. This was my first contract food management job. Following of policies and procedures were based on what location or facility you were at. Some facilities would follow polices to the "T" and others would'nt even have the "Basics" of the company's culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching employee's about food and preparation for daily services. The company dissolved the department that I worked for because of issues that were above my pay grade so I can't comment on that. So I was given my "two weeks" (9 days) form upper management to find new employment. Unidine is a big and very successful company but with the recent growth over the last few years some departments of the company have been over looked and have declined in standards.
Pros
Working with hourly staff members and teaching proper cooking techniques
Cons
Working with management or employees that didn't have the passion for food.
Don't work here
Part-time Dining Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2016
don't work for them they do not care about anyone but their own wallet. I hope to find a new job soon! Everyone I work with does not like this company at all.
Not a good company to work for.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
A typical day for was to prepping my work station. my co-workers were great management they had great managers there but the last two were terrible to the employees. No benefits was the worst part of the company.
Poor management, they should improve in how they manage the accounts.
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
What I enjoyed the most it was talk to my customers and keep a good relation with them,
I learned that even if you work hard and do your work well, the company doesn't care at all and if they want to get rid of you, they do with any excuse they can find.

It is the worst management that I've ever work with, they don't last any long, and how they deal with stuff, it's just the worst. if it wasn't then they would last longer.
co-workers change all the time, because of the reason of the poor management, they don't know how to run the accounts so they run and change for other one.

the hardest part of my job would have been deal with all the new changes and managements, prices and rules, they change all the time,
Pros
free lunches, no weekends or nights, paid time off.
Cons
short breaks, management changes all the time, expensive health insurance, not enough communication with executive professionals
Well...
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, miMay 11, 2015
What to say about Unidine. I was hired in by an incompetent Dining Director. Who yelled continuously at all of his employees infront of their clients, when you didn't do as he wanted, when he wanted. They use a whole bunch of different rules to follow, but no one follows any of their own values. I was a dietary aide, always short staffed, and forced to work doubles almost three times a week. Was promised raise after raise, but unfortunately I didn't get anything I was promised. Trained as a Lead Supervisor on night shifts, and had title stripped because they continued to hire new leads every month. Promised new employees advancement due to taking college courses and never follow through. Turn over was super high, I watched over 80 employees come and go in less then 6 months. They can't keep management In the three years I was with Unidine.. We've gone through 6-7 executive chefs, three directors, and three patient service managers.Hired people in promising them advancement in the company. No one got anything they were promised. I wouldn't work for a company who doesn't follow their own values.

Bunch Of Lies:
OUR VALUES
Whether we are responding to the needs of our partners, or one of our own team members, our values outline a commitment to transparency and respect in everything we do. By setting clear expectations and living up to them, we hope to differentiate our services through a focus on hospitality that extends far beyond the kitchen.

The Unidine Way is communicated to everyone and guides all dealings.
We make commitments we can live up to and do what we say
  more... we will.
We pay attention to details in everything.
We respect all team members, give them responsibilities and empower them to grow.
We are guided by honesty and integrity in everything we do.
There is a sense of urgency in all matters relating to customers. We respond to them and are driven by them.
We give all our effort, take risks, make good mistakes, not bad mistakes, and reward success.
Pros
Free Food, Set Schedule
Cons
No Advancement, No Raises, Favoritism
Very Supportive Management
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2013
Unidine is a great company to work for. The clinical and dietary support is exceptional. I was always able to call/email for any concerns or questions. I do feel that as a new dietitian Unidine provides the training and support needed to be successful. I was disappointed with the benefits, although I feel that is the case with most companies these days. Unidine does expect 50 hour work weeks, I wish I would have negotiated my salary based on that. Overall, I would work for Unidine again.
Pros
free meals, great support
Unidine at a glance
Cook (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 21, 2016
A good solid company to work for when starting out,but when it comes time to move up(i.e. cook, to sous, to executive).No room to move up,in accounts in the south.in order to move up in the company, u have to internship in accounts up north.job life/home life is low,but that comes with the territory being in service industry.hourly pay is midway,but a lot depends on experience,but 401k is nice,with medical and dental and eyecare.Advancement is low as stated above.management is low due to some cases u have inexperienced people in experienced positions.job culture is midway due to the fact; culinary is not for everyone,it will either make u or break u.
A typical day for me as a night chef (11-730),would consist of making a pizza for the grill cook on retail.laying pans of white and wheat rolls and pizza doughs for the upcoming week.Assist the AM chef on the patient line and cook backups for AM grill on retail.afterwards,prep food for retail and patient line two days in advance.Take 30 minute break at 2 o'clock.come back at 2:30 and proceed to check and make a list for what u have and what u need.Prepare what is needed and continue Ticketswith prep list.Check low boy to see what meats and vegetables are needed,refill low boy.First ticket waves come in at 330.Cook,prepare,and garnish plates for service.Hand over to expo to put in hotbox to go upstairs.Tickets come in 30 min. waves,330,4,430,5,530.When last wave is served,call for emergency department to see how many and cook standardized menu for ED for the day.After ED is finished,prepare and cook 3 meals for both doctors lounge
  more... and overnight trays.Cutoff point for late trays is 630,after that time break down patient line.Save what can be and trash goes in buckets to be weighed as waste.clean flat-top grill,clean char-broil grill,clean fryers,wash and sanitize prep tables,and wash pots in pot sink,wipe out steamers and cut off convection oven.Double check prep list and see what is needed for the next day and restock lowboy.Record sanitizer ppm for pot sink.Record temps for walk-in cooler,reach-in cooler,freezer 1 and 2.Shut off lights and hood system before walking out.  less
Pros
great medical, dental, eye, and 401k, great cooking staff
Cons
underpaid for responsibilities, no room for advancement
Great people, amazing company concept, constantly changing direction
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
This company has some outstanding people that work for them and their approach to foodservice is second to none, but it seems as though every few months there is a change in the direction of the company and a lot of people shuffling that it gets confusing and concerning to those in the field.
Horrible Place to Work
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2015
Nothing is the Truth, Money driven, no sense of care for the client at all. They are not honest with their employees, their clients or even themselves....

Want to know more about Unidine Corporation?

Ask a question
Great work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 30, 2015
I loved the office environment and job culture. It was a small office but had a great team of people in the corporate office.

Also, the workload was heavy as well. We had an open floor to share ideas about changes needed in the department. It's great to be acknowledge and heard in the workplace.

There were monthly corporate team members meetings regarding important company operational and financial information
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Team Member Socials
Cons
No growth oppurtunites
Warning -- do not work for unidine!!!!!!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 21, 2013
Unidine corporation has no interest in their employees or the customer to whom they are contracted. They are all about earning money & will squeeze every penny out of you. Expect to lose your professional self esteem if you work for this company. Please believe the reviews about lowered salaries, good employees dismissed to save money, and placing the customer last. I don't know where the positive reviews come from - as Unidine is a true nightmare to have as an employer. You were warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
motivated me to update my resume
Cons
disrespectful management, lies to customers, hostile corporate culture
verbal abuse
manager (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKSeptember 13, 2013
Tell the Truth and nothing but the Truth

Well the Dining Director did not know how to talk to staff very mean and rude. #2 Dining Director did Not know how to Cook I don't know who hire this Dining Director with No formal culinary Training.
#3 Dining Director did not pay people what they are worth instead hired GED people that did little to know work.
Why is Health Insurance so much Money 2pple will cost you $750.oo a month seriously

Please listen to these reviews The Turnover is High don't waste your time look you will be next.
Pros
none free food you can get that anywhere
Cons
long hours had to make sure you cover you back
Fast paced and exciting growth opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2013
I have learned so much about the contractual food service industry, through the Unidine Corporation. The company has many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. They have opened my eyes to this side of the food and beverage industry. The management and co-workers are a great team to be a part of!
Pros
advancement, growth
Cons
some travel
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2014
They talk about Culture and Valuing their Employees. It's just talk. The Owner has a great Vision of being a "boutique" Company that will turn down business if it's the wrong fit. They don't! His Sr Staff are driven to profit, filling their own pockets with cash and they will step on anyone to do it! They are not transparent nor do they care about their clients. Very poor leadership here, especially at the Regional VP Level!
Pros
the owners vision.
Cons
the senior management and the regional vps are not to be trusted or believed.
You'll be sorry
GeneralManager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 29, 2014
I went to work for them and was promised the world in support, 3 months into the contract I found out that the senior managers had not even reviewed the proforma and had no idea what food costs had been promised to the client. 4 weeks after bringing it to Corporate s attention, they terminated me !!! My regional always said that Unidine only made good mistakes, as long as they can blame it on there managers I guess that's true for them.

I lost my job,apartment, and spent the holidays unemployed!!! Thanks Unidine
Pros
great clients
Cons
senior managers cannot be trusted and will make you the scape goat for the companies mistakes
Fresh food company with many opportunities.
Dining Service Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2013
Great fresh food company with dining management solutions.
Pros
Job advancement, fresh food, culture.
good working atmosphere
Food Service Employee (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTOctober 11, 2014
a typical day is following procedure,on occasion ,
management is good.
co-workers are good.
The hardest part of the job,is a time element on the production side as opposed to the service end
the most enjoyable part of the job,is the completion of jobb performanc
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees
A nice company to work for if you love to travel
Operation Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2013
Working for the Unidine Corporation is an exciting and challenging place to work. As a Operations Support manager my role was to travel to different accounts in this country and fill the role of director or Chef manager. In these roles I am responsible for ordering, serving the highest quality food product, as well as keeping all budgets in line. I currently work a schedule of 10 days on and 4 days off, this has become a burden to my family. I am currently looking for employment closer to home.
Pros
excellent job and opportunity for the right person
Cons
all the constant traveling can become a burden
People-centered place to work
Per Diem Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  New EnglandMay 5, 2012
I have worked for Unidine since summer 2007. I started as a temporary, full-time dietitian and then moved to per diem and project-based work (while I pursued graduate studies). The management has been very supportive. A lot of great resources within the company. And the food is the absolute best of any management company. Patients love it.
Pros
the foodservice.
Cons
none to report.

2.9