Unidine Employee Reviews

they work you to ndeath
Chef (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 14, 2016
They make a lot promises and they come up short all the time
the short of workers and they work everyone to last drop
their system are little bit crazy you had to come up with your own way to understand them. Recipes are not match, district reps they don't have a clue on what it is going on. A lots of gossip, discrimination of ranks, some district reps come and diminish people, abuse them verbally, offending everyone a lot HR abuses and on salary staff they work 6 or 7 days and they don't get compensated at all.
Cons
bad company to work for it people at the top don't know what is going on in the field
Unidine is a great company to be working for.
Chef Manager at Mc Aully Center, Farmington Hills (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2016
I arrive at 4:30 am every morning and meet with the kitchen supervisor to go over the days menu. At this point, we place orders if needed, put stock away, attend daily meetings, assign cleaning tasks, check refrigerators for compliance, assist and train the staff. We laugh and enjoy our job but we are also serious about it to.
We learn something new every day such as you can use "thick it" for any sauce to thicken it up and doesn't change the taste.
I have a passion for what I do, so it would be hard if I was unable to do it. Some days are good and others are better.
Pros
401K, free lunch, life insurance
Cons
Fast paced, friendly environment with fresh ideas and new experiences
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 25, 2016
- great company to learn with
-loved getting to know fellow employees and customers
-management staff works with employees with great dedication
-learned how to better organize and manage multiple tasks
- co-workers may be great or a bit unbearable to work with, however management has been great at building a cohesive and positive working environment for all employees
- best part of the day was seeing customers enjoy the food prepared, having customers remember my name, and asking for me when I was not on the line
Pros
Lunches available, many learning opportunities, mon-friday jobs, interacting with customers
Cons
Unclear expectations at times, expensive benefits programs
terrible place to work
server (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 29, 2016
youre never appretiated, the bonuses or raises they say youll get you never do. the boss lies constantly and they steal your money my one paycheck i was 3 hours short of my normal 80 hours but i was $200 short explain that. they couldnt. if you are short staffed or need help dont expect your managers to help you theyll leave you on your own. theyve made hubbard hill a terrible work place the food tastes horrible the residents are unplleased and the workers are treated terrible on a daily basis.
Pros
Cons
pretty much everything
Just a terrible work experience
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 8, 2016
I've been with Unidine for over a year and i have been worked to the bone. The mangers don't like to help. They do not appreciate you taking your off days to come in and help out other shifts. They tell you your getting a raise only to say your not. They tell all part-time when hired that if needed they can call off but must bring in a doctors note, which is fine in all but not everyone has money to keep going to a doctor for a cold, which we was told if we had one to call off because we work over food. They now tell part-timers that they cant have personal days or vacations. I've never worked a job that told part-timers that that is utterly ridiculous. Most people work every Holiday and they don't get a switch with others. that is unfair ya'll need a better management team.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Pretty great place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 1, 2016
I love the job. All my coworkers are awesome and management is alright. They could be better organized. The hardest part of the job is when multiple people call out so we are short staffed. Everybody kind of helps each other get their work done. It's a good work environment.
Pros
Time and a half for OT, good hours, free uniform, amazing coworkers
Cons
Health benefits are expensive, understaffed most of the time
Sous Chef, Supervisor
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 9, 2016
This company Unidine is garbage to work for. STAY AWAY at all costs. Work you to death. Too much work for one person to do. Severally underpaid and unappreciated. Management is dysfunctional and clueless at times. They ask for new ideas and then shoot down everyone. I left to work for a rival company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
All of the above....
Not anything good to say
Diet Assistant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing NJJanuary 22, 2017
Poor management. Very rude acted like they were concerned but did nothing.Showed favoritism. Employees who bully coworkers
Company expects a lot from their employees.
Worst place I ever worked at.
Bad culture
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Management makes unnecessary changes to job flows that over complicate the process. Supervisors blame part-time employees when mistakes are made, but fail to train them properly.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
tension is all through the department.
Supervisor of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2016
Terrible management wrong people in the wrong positions. Seen plenty of favoritism by management towards those who don't know how to the position they were given.
Pros
overtime because of the high turnover.
Cons
The free meals.

Want to know more about Unidine?

Ask a question
Very stressful and poorly run enviroment
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 27, 2016
A typical day would be not having ingredients to prepare meals. and then being told to follow recipes exactly. Management was horrible. One of the worse experiences of my career. The co workers were insubordinate and cared nothing about their job. The hardest part was watching the residence suffer. I can not say that there was anything enjoyable about this work enviroment.
it was good
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJanuary 6, 2017
I worked here for about three years and the people were like a second family to me, it was a nice place to be but it did have its bad days as well. If it weren't for the friends you make there the job wouldn't be as good. All in all you wouldn't be miserable working here.
Pros
free food
Cons
the guest
productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 5, 2016
I think that working in Unidine is fun , But the staff needs work and management does to. When working mornings and afternoons you have to be there before your shift starts. You have to be fast and quick.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks, Have to rush
Simply the worst company to work for
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2015
It all starts at the top. CEO is the biggest egomaniac I have ever met. Plus he is quite literally the cheapest boss. Has no regard for anyone not in his inner circle. Has no honor or loyalty to the people who helped him actually do the dirty work. He couldn't boil water, but expects his facilities to produce 'culinary' miracles with the cheapest products, so he can get the biggest kick backs. No support in the field, but a huge office staff at corporate. All to support his Unidine Way that was really created by former members of his team that he cut loose when they outlived their usefulness. Stay away, far away. Do not trust anything they tell you, it's all lies.
Pros
They give you a job
Cons
Salary, benefits, work/life balance
Productive and perfessional also had a very good work enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2016
Everyone worked together if we needed help. The enviorment was good and we came togther as a team to get the job done. There was a lot of lifting, standing, and pushing so we all helped out so there was no one left behind.
Typical day at work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDDecember 1, 2015
Management has their own agenda making it difficult to fall in line with the company standard and guidelines. The position was sold as one thing and turned out to be something else.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
work life balance
Not a fan
Nutrition Manager/Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 26, 2016
I worked for this company for 14 months at two different properties and the food service teams went through 6 food service directors at one property and 7 in the other. This company does not have a strong communication culture and treat their employees like dirt. I will NEVER work for them again!!!
High turn over place
Server (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 21, 2016
You come in and get trained on the hardest job meant for two people and only get paid minimum wage. You get no one weekend a month like they tell you.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Gossip and Drama
Somewhat unnerving dealing with the patients (Pine Rest Hospital)
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 23, 2016
Patients could be difficult to deal with when serving them.Lots of paperwork without a lot of guidance on what was required. HIgh stress and fast paced.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable and exciting workplace
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 3, 2016
Overall a good place to work if you are looking to work a lot of hours.
This job is for you if you like working weekends!

It is an enjoyable job because you are surrounded with elderly people who appreciate everything you do for them, plus they have the best stories!

The hardest part about the job is building connections with the patients and them passing away
Pros
Meeting new people and being able to socialize.
Cons
Dress code, non slip shoes, hair nets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unidine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8