Unidine

Unidine Employer Reviews

unidine life
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 26, 2015
Typical workday for managers starts anywhere from 5 am to 7am. As on onsite manager I worked from 5-3. These hours however were dependent on if you accomplished certain tasks. Otherwise you were in earlier the next day. Management was their. I had a boss who always was their for me until the very end. Co-workers were great, It was more of a team environment. Hardest part of the job would be attempting to accomplish all the tasks to satisfy your drivers an boss's. The most enjoyable part of the job was you made alot of long lasting relationships with the drivers
Dining Director
Dining Services Director/Executive Chef (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: large, fast-growing company
Cons: long hours, no recognition
I have been with the company for a little over 3 years. I am happy with the company, but unfortunately there is no advancement available and my direct supervisor is holding me back from promotion because then there would be a very tough position to fill. I currently oversee a large facility with several dining rooms, several kitchens and a retail café by myself. There is little to no incentive, poor affordability of insurance and no recognition.
Care about fresh food but that's it.
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: horrible, lying people. work you to death and can't keep there word about any thing the worst job i ever had
Do not work for this company you'll be looking for another job shortly after your hired.
Simply the worst company to work for
Former Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: they give you a job
Cons: salary, benefits, work/life balance
It all starts at the top. CEO is the biggest egomaniac I have ever met. Plus he is quite literally the cheapest boss. Has no regard for anyone not in his inner circle. Has no honor or loyalty to the people who helped him actually do the dirty work. He couldn't boil water, but expects his facilities to produce 'culinary' miracles with the cheapest products, so he can get the biggest kick backs. No support in the field, but a huge office staff at corporate. All to support his Unidine Way that was really created by former members of his team that he cut loose when they outlived their usefulness. Stay away, far away. Do not trust anything they tell you, it's all lies.
Unidine Way
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Mesquite, TexasDecember 15, 2014
Cons: no management structure
I accepted a position with this company about 3 months ago and from day one I knew this job had no potential. I was salary, so 100 hours per week was the norm. Never knew when my days were off. Worked 12 days on 2 off if at all. Morale is low and what they pay you, I see why. This company said I quit after taking two consecutive days off. You got to be kidding me. Unidine has potential, but bites off more than they can chew trying to nail down accounts in unchartered territories
guest services supervisor (former employee)
GSR Supervisor (Former Employee), Godfrey, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: everything else
Management was absolutely horrible I did not receive the proper training to do my job...so therefore I could not make sure the ones under me were doing their jibs properly...being told one thing by management then being told by employees management told them something different made it difficult...the people and the clients I loved the company needs more organization....and accountability..... I also do not agree that corporate knew our contract was up and we found out when the new company posted a want ad in the local paper for our jobs
FARMINGTON CT, DON'T DO IT, STRESSFUL OVER WORKED
FULL Utility (Former Employee), FARMINGTON, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: chef/manager
Had a lot of enthusiasm n joy with my job for the first few months the chef/mgr as a superiority issue, snob, not satisfied, hypocritical, treats staff in a condescending manor n sucks all life from her staff she has gone through 10 staff in the year she has been there due to not meeting "her" standards she has a reputation that precedes her from former companies as well company fails to see were the real issues lye it's NOT the staff!
Fresh Food Company
Senior Living Culinary Group (Current Employee), Crown Point, INOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits
Healthcare centered, focused on reducing supplements with scratch made fresh food improving the overall health of residents and patients.
High Turnover
Support Service Director (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
Cons: everything
Management Turnoiver very high. Corporate Culture, Vision and Mission negligible.
Job was great, but Management was not very good.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Godfrey, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great people to be around
Cons: management made no sense
The job was a great job and we were doing something good for the people who need it, it was filled with great people to talk to and hang out with.

The Management was not very good, they were always doing something that did not make sense and did not work most of the time.
the hardest part of my job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYSeptember 6, 2014
some days i had several rooms to clean and little to work with at times. such as linen and towels.
Don't do it!
Corporate Office Stud (Boston) (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off of meals (yay!)
Cons: everyone there micromanages
Where do I begin?

Job Work/Life Balance:
There is no such a thing with Unidine. They expect you to be at work every day, 365. If you have children who are sick or if you get sick yourself, don't call out. Or your micromanaging boss will be all over you the following day. NO VACATION! Yes, I said it, NO VACATION. They have such a high turnover problem, that they changed the policy so that new employees will not be eligible for vacation until 1 calendar year from the start date! That is unheard of!

Compensation/Benefits:
Benefits are poor, they offer their employees the cheapest packages available. Compensation is a joke. Overworked and underpaid is the theme at Unidine. Unless you are a vice president, then you should be expecting a 2 percent increase, yearly, if your lucky. And two percent is not always guaranteed.

Job Security/Advancement:
Unidine's turnover rate is about 40 percent! 40 percent of all new employees will quit within the first 6 months. It is a revolving door. One week your meeting a new manager/director, then the next your meeting someone replacing the person you just met. There is no advancement. Unless you r best friends with Richard, the CEO, you are not climbing the ladder.

Management:
Where do I begin. Management walk around as if they are better than everyone. The corporate office is so fake, everyone hates their job because they are overworked, underpaid, and gets bitched out by Richard, the CEO, but the employees walk around with the fakest smiles on their faces.

Job Culture:
get ready for your DAILY LINE UP! Every morning, the biggest waste of time I have ever herd of. All of the employes have to sit through this fake 4 minute pep rally and everyone who is presenting hates doing it. They preach fresh foods, but everything theres comes out of a can!

Overall, if you want to work in food service, stick with the big guns, Aramark and Sodexo. At least you will get paid more and have better growth opportunities.
fun place to work management bad
Lead Server (Former Employee), Cutlerville, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad management
took care of customers, I learned how to deal with difficult people,
Worst company to work for
Chef Manager/Exec. Sous Chef (Former Employee), Chattam, NJ/Burlington, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: bad experience
Cons: worst experience ever to be had at any company
Well, Where do I begin, They move you from a close vicinity, that you are comfortable in, and can get to work without any problems, and then Wisk you away to a place that the salary that you are making doesn't even begin to cover any of your expenses, but they won't even help you cover fuel. They have a great concept with their freshness pledge, but absolutely NO ORGANIZATION!!!, and management leaders. Absolutely no support for their managers or chef's
Committed to fresh sustainable ingredients
Executive Chef (Current Employee), MidwestMarch 24, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable and passionate chefs
Cons: big egos. their way is always best, no matter what.
I enjoy working for this company

Pushes me to be better

co-workers are great

Working with highly regulated order guides are hard

Best part of the job is the end result of the food we make
Productive and great work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to talk to all the patients making sure that they are well fed.
cashier
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2014
assisting customer dressed plates very small staff, did bank runs everyday open and closed the business daily
Unidine
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: could take leftover food from units.
Cons: rude managers
I have had dishwashing jobs before but nothing as stressful as Unidine at Pine Rest Christian Mental Health. My co-workers were amazing but management was unorganized.I had a manager ask me how to put a mop bucket together.
U n I dine
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Arlington, MAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: food, fast paced kitchen enviorment
Cons: fast paced kitchen enviorment
Great place to work. they care about their employees at least my manager at the time did. it was awesome job in my late teens early 20's.
Good place to work!!!!
COOK/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAJuly 27, 2013
A typical day at work cooking for about 200 people,I learn so much even though I've been cooking for 9 years there is always something new to learn,I have a new director so far so good.My co-workers come in everyday and do their jobs can't ask for more.The hardest part my job there is none and the most enjoyable part is when everyone tells you your doing a great job.

Unidine Salaries