Unidine Employee Reviews

Very well balanced
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 4, 2017
Typical day: Just get punched in and get started on the dishes
Management was very good and super nice,
Keeping up with everything
Most enjoyable would be the people I got to work with.
Bad experience
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAOctober 21, 2017
I was lied to by recruiters telling me I would have every weekend off. They work you 12 plus hours a day. Insurance was the highest I have ever seen. The resource Managers flirted with all the young pretty girls. Horrible experience.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional company with people who lie to you
Working at Unidine was the WORST TIME in my life!
General Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 17, 2017
Stressful and depressing very sad time in my life. Managers, coworkers and employees and some staff didn't give a care about the job or the residents.
Pros
Cons
Everything under poor management
Horrible, hostile experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2017
Pretty much I had to cook all on my own, for the residents and staff. The director who is a total airhead, lacked leadership. A manipulative sous chef who is inept, 20+ years of reheating prepared, processed foods does not make you a chef. Miserable co-workers will try to sabotage your cooking out of spite. And the turnover rate is outrageous. Avoid this cesspool. The only bright side was interacting with the seniors, and making sure they had a well balanced delicious meal.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Inept managers, toxic co-workers...
Horrible
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 23, 2017
No advancement opportunities, management is terrible, high turn over, will work you until you burn out. Manager is unprofessional and acts like she doesn’t care about employees.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
work until they burn you out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 13, 2017
be prepared to work and give your life to this company especially if you are a manager. Good mission statement, lots of talk about it not so great on follow through. Numbers are Important, people not so much
if you are a yes person, and agree with your GM, DM, VP, you will fit in just fine. Having ideas or thoughts of your own is NOT a good idea.
During busy meal service times, the GM and Exec Chef are usually in their offices or just plain missing. They say "team", they don't play with the team. Mine had a sink or swim mentality. If there were Unidine corporate visitors you will find them 150% engaged in the operation. Otherwise they are M.I.A. Very passive, aggressive. Always highly reactive, never prepared or proactive.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
bad at following through on commitments
waste of time and experience
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILSeptember 12, 2017
lack of communication and different views being implemented almost every other week. poor direction from a company stand. Company will more then likely be sold off very soon
Pros
client was ok
Cons
the list goes on
Fame
Cafeteria Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
I was hired @ Government Printing Office 3 months after losing my fiancee to cancer. I started as world station employee and quickly was able to move into a assistant manager position with past food service experiences from college, Sheraton Hotel & Marriott. After almost 2.5 years, a opprotunity was presented for possible opening at The US Supreme Court. At the conclusion of my brief time in temporary position, I placed there as Assistant Manager/ Cafeteria Manager.
Pros
Meet some of the US Justices and some great people
Cons
compensation
it was okay
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 23, 2017
for my first job it was okay but no one really communicated with anyone so it was stressful but the residents where nice and my coworkers were very helpful
Pros
residents where nice
Cons
never knew what was coming up
Don't Work Here
Director of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2017
Non-existent corporate culture. This company churns through employees at all levels of the organization. Their focus is more on marketing , smoke and mirrors. Profit over people is prevalent.
Cons
They are rasist and don't know how to treat people right
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDJuly 1, 2017
The manager was rude and she did not do her job as one all she had to to was do the schedule which she messed up she was rasist and needs to be fired
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Make you work in 2 house by yourself
good
Sisters of charity (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 26, 2017
honestly working there is not that bad. you have good hours, alot of friendly patients most of the time. It goes by quick when your doing what you have to do, the pay is good for a high school student.
Unprofessional and very petty, overwork employees.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
Management do not know what they are doing, unorganized and unappreciative. Constantly writing someone up for any little thing and shows no respect. They stop employees from advancing and limit their knowledge.
Pros
Meeting good people non management.
Cons
It's like highschool 102.
Just fed residents and cleaned
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 11, 2017
Fed the residents based on what unit you were scheduled to and had to clean the cooking pans and pots. Required to clean dishes and organize the dining room
Not that great
Dishwasher/Utilities (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIApril 6, 2017
I was constantly called on my days off to work a shift for someone else. There were also times when I was told I was just added to the schedule the same day and was late for work when I was not told I worked those days. Overall it was not a place for me.
Bad culture
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Management makes unnecessary changes to job flows that over complicate the process. Supervisors blame part-time employees when mistakes are made, but fail to train them properly.
Pros
Easy job
Still Growing
DIET AIDE (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Unidine is still growing and finding a firm foothold at Shore Medical Center. It's all about teamwork and working together to make a successful experience in kitchen, cafeteria and providing meals to the patients.
Pros
Being able to interact with the patients and put a smile on their faces.
Cons
To much gossip and drama....
Not anything good to say
Diet Assistant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing NJJanuary 22, 2017
Poor management. Very rude acted like they were concerned but did nothing.Showed favoritism. Employees who bully coworkers
Company expects a lot from their employees.
Worst place I ever worked at.
it was good
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJJanuary 6, 2017
I worked here for about three years and the people were like a second family to me, it was a nice place to be but it did have its bad days as well. If it weren't for the friends you make there the job wouldn't be as good. All in all you wouldn't be miserable working here.
Pros
free food
Cons
the guest
Productive and perfessional also had a very good work enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2016
Everyone worked together if we needed help. The enviorment was good and we came togther as a team to get the job done. There was a lot of lifting, standing, and pushing so we all helped out so there was no one left behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unidine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7