Unified Energy Alliance Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Review Summary
Senior Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northwestern, PAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work was selling & servicing new clients
Each day started with a Review of "Pricing Grids" for each geographic area as we were selling a Commodity "Electricity" where pricing was "Fluid" based upon remaining inventory.
Best part of the job was meeting people and saving them money on their Electric Bills.
The position was one of "Self Management" operating with an office in the home.
The hardest part of the job was building a consistent stream of "New Customers".
Pros
Flexible Schedules Self Directed
Cons
Income Stability? Benefits? Travel & Business Expenses
Great opportunity with UEA.
Independant Consulting Partner (Current Employee) –  Central PAMay 5, 2014
In the past I have worked many different types of sales jobs. They have ranged from large corporate salary plus commission jobs where we were just numbers out there to the big corporation. As a sales manager I was given a sales quota each month. If we had a good month and had the highest sales, we were the hero that month and if that # was not met or exceeded the next month we were asked what the problem was. And in many cases with those salary + commission jobs your earnings would be capped. There went the incentive to work harder.
Then I have worked the 1099 sales jobs where you were taught how to do the high pressure “One Call Close”. I absolutely hated that type of sales. We were expected to box the prospect in and pull the 7 closes on them. More or less letting them know that we weren’t leaving till they signed. How do you get loyal clients like that?
Then the opportunity presented its self to work for UEA. I have always been hard and fast on one rule for sales. I had to be selling the best product on the market. (Not the cheapest but the best value) After much research and looking at what the competition was doing, I found that UEA had the very best product on the energy market and the company didn’t focus on volume but rather client service, product offering and client retention. I found out that the industry was all about price which always throws up all kinds of red flags to me. Low prices have historically been translated into higher cost in the end and that goes double for the energy industry. We stress price spike protection and budget certainty with
  more... our prospects, not low prices. We assume all the risk while the client enjoys a locked price and peace of mind.
We also have the best training in the industry and we all help each other out as Independent Consulting Partners (ICPs) As Iron sharpens Iron so we sharpen each others skills. We are not a part of the “make as much money as we can no matter how we get it done” crowd. But rather we are always looking for better ways to educate our clients and we do that over the course of several visits to the owner’s place of business. We are not high pressure or low pressure sales. We are “No Pressure” consultants. And our main goal is education with integrity. We are relationship builders and our clients are our friends.
Pros
Uncapped Earnings, Get to meet business owners & I'm my own boss.
Cons
none that I can think of.
Great Opportunity with UEA
Inedependent Consulting Partner (Current Employee) –  Central PAMay 5, 2014
I can’t say enough about the opportunity that UEA has provided for me, and my family. I have run my own businesses, sold numerous products and services, and worked for other companies in the energy industry. None of it compares to my experiences with UEA. In the years (is it really almost 4 years now) that I have been involved with UEA as an energy consultant, I can honestly say it’s been the most rewarding, most challenging, most exciting, most fun, and most comforting position all rolled in to one. The people I work with are great. They are professional, dedicated, hardworking, passionate, and experts in the industry. Their support and training is unmatched, anywhere! UEA provides me and my family a great living, with my income elevating with every passing year. Our product is unmatched in the industry, and my consulting with both existing and potential clients in the energy industry is both challenging and rewarding. At UEA, we have over a 90% retention rate, largely due to the education and care we provide for our clients. Customer Care is not a punch line at UEA, we are always striving to find new and better systems to service our customers. We look out for our clients, protect them, and treat them as we would want to be treated. Our clients ALWAYS come first!. That is what I enjoy MOST about UEA, the priority is ALWAYS the customer. This, I feel, is what brings them back year after year. I have NEVER worked with a company that has put their clients above EVERTYHING else. AT UEA, it’s YOUR business and YOUR clients. UEA provides the systems and tools for  more... you to reach unprecedented growth in a short amount of time, without the pressures of quotas and sales managers. YOU achieve your own success, and are rewarded handsomely for your efforts. I truly appreciate the opportunity that UEA has given me, and the quality of life I achieved thus far. I look forward to my responsibilities every day. It’s not just a job, it's a living (and a very good one)!  less
Pros
Professional Freedom
The best Energy Consulting Group in US
Independant Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2013
They push suppliers to care and insure their clients more than any other providers in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unified Energy Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4