Unified Protective Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work experience
President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Unified is a great company to work for. The training tools and support are provided on a daily basis. I truly enjoy working for Unified. The management staff are very diverse and a great group of individuals to work with.
Pros
group lunches, paid time off
Cons
extremely busy days and long hours at times.
Horrible company!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2016
Didn't get paid my full hours worked there after working 4 weeks I was only paid for one week. at what rate i am not sure, Because i still haven't gotten a pay stub...Management was poor, and no one knew what was going on. its just a big mess! you have employees and managers that haven't been paid in weeks...Unacceptable!!!!
I wouldn't recommend working here!! the pay rate would be nice if that's what you are actually paid and on time!!
Pros
free lunch breaks
Cons
No Benefits, Shortage on pay each week
Horrible with poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
This company is so unprofessional they don't even have their schedules together and the management never answers the phone they Dont give. Proper training and they have favoritism with certain guards I wouldn't recommend that anyone work for this ghetto unorganized company
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized
Typical Day
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 5, 2015
The management is horrible they only care about themselves and not the employees. They messed up my hours a lot and sometimes shorted me on money and its a huge pain just to get the 10 or 20 bucks they short you on. Also like i said before the company does not care about you at all. I can keep going but i don't want to make the company look even worse then it already is.
Pros
paid lunch, decent pay
Cons
no overtime and no rest breaks
A stressful, highly unorganized work environment. Treats employees with no respect.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 8, 2014
A typical day working for this company consist of getting yelled at treated poorly constantly threaten of being let go if things where not done to management approval. The actual job was hard to perform due to lack of resources and lack of management skills. New hire's are not properly trained leaving employees feeling frustrated and typically quitting or getting fired. Its a fast paced job but that part is easier to deal with then the actual management and co- workers. Employees are afraid of calling off due to feeling they will lose they job. Employees including myself are stressed and sick at work because no one is available to cover shifts in order to take lunch a break or go to restroom. Management discriminates against hispanic employees and only hire African American for the office. Egyptian's employees are treated better than any one else and treat all other's very poorly due to the owner showing favoritism in his company. its very noticeable it's Egyptians, African American's and Hispanic's. When i first started working for the company it was a mixture of people working slowing but surly the Hispanic's have been either terminated or quit due to discrimination.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, no restroom breaks and poorly trained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unified Protective Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3