UniFirst

UniFirst Employee Reviews

too many hours for the pay
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed the experience of running the route and interacting with the customers
Cons: sometimes completely unsanitary
in order to properly service the clientele you would need two people per route, most route managers got around this by half attempts at accuracy and blowing smoke at customers. There were a few very good employees/management.
Unifirst
Clerical Clerk (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great place to work.
Cons: No Cons.
A typical day at work includes plenty of paper work that never ends. Management and my co-workers are great to work with. Everyone is very friendly.
Upper Management does not have a clue
Account Manager (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good training if you don't know how to sell
Cons: Lots see my comments
As an Outside Sales Rep with more than 20 years of experience I was treated like someone fresh out of high school who had never even sold pizza's for a fund raiser. Although their training is extensive (and the message is good) it is OVERKILL. Then you spend 3-4 days in the office on the phone making cold calls. As an outside sales person that time is more productive in the field face to face. On top of that I had a Branch Manager who never sold squat, learned all he knew about sales from reading books; had no sense of CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever. Our turnover in sales people and Sales Managers was ridicules (Had 3 sales managers while I was there in 4 months) yet the same Branch Mgr. (maybe he was the problem) All I can say is STAY AWAY!
worst career decision ever!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Neenah, WIJuly 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE
i was treated horribly by management and by customers. given unreasonable expectations and paid a horrible wage. drivers (route sales reps) are paid salary and never make overtime pay no matter how many hours they put in. their answer to that is sell more to your customers. yet when we did this, we never even received that product to give to the customer. we were then forced to credit it off their invoice and in turn, hurt our weekly sales therefore lowering our weekly income. on top of that, when you get back at the end of the day, management harasses your for issuing credits for something totally out of your control. how can i charge a customer for something they aren't getting? i thought total customer satisfaction was the goal of this company? i couldn't even make it one year working for this place. after 6 months i was already seeking a new job. my only likes about this job were some of my coworkers who i still keep in touch with. luckily they also wised up and several of them left after i did (including the 2nd in command). i did have some customers who were very nice and pleasant to do business with. all management cares about is the numbers. very happy i moved on from this place and i'll never look back.
Productive and fun
Final Shipping (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJuly 8, 2015
I absolutly loved it at Unifirst but, for the amout of time I was there I didn't feel as if the pay was good enough for the many positions I knew. Other than that I loved my job.
Micro management at its finest
Production staff (Current Employee), LubbockJuly 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor pay and raises, poor working conditions, expectations, management
As with most companies each location is only as good as its management. The location in Lubbock, Tx is one that has serious issues... Facility is out of date and broke half of time and G.M. doesn't want to spend money to repair. Yet expects production as if plant was brand new. G.M. is a super micro manager and doesn't try to develop employees. Since I have worked at this location I have seen 4 production managers, 4 maintenance managers, at least 15 sales reps, and over 200 hourly employees.... yet the same G.M.??? This location is one to stay definitely away from....
Sweat shop with the feeling of being a number only
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2015
Pros: always work
Cons: always work
after working there 8 years it was time to move on knowing that I would not last physically another year. It was a mental and physical job that required 60 plus hours six days a week and very little reward. Upper management was headed in a unethical decision making. after 18 years decided to fire 2 young ladies with down syndrome claiming they were a liability. They were the only 2 employees that had never had any liability since the day I started. Not to mention they got paid 35.00 a week for separating hangers 5 days a week and 4 hours a day. Wow that was the day I Knew what Unifirst is made of.
Corporate Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cave City, ARJune 30, 2015
Upper and lower management only care about the almighty dollar, it's disheartening. They don't think anyone works but them.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
Its a great company but I'm looking to get back into sales .I don't have any con's at this time. management is great also and always there for you.
The people are great! Style of upper level management needs improved.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 29, 2015
Great solid company. As a sales representative the micro management was very tedious and seems like there could be a better contact management and reporting system that was better than what they had. I don't mind keeping a funnel and show these things to my upper management but this was not a good system.
The company seem not to care very much about their customers..
Service Manager (Former Employee), Greer SCJune 20, 2015
Pros: lots of freedom
Cons: upper management issues with customers
I was a service manager there. I made sure routes on the road and ready to go. I had to deal with lots of customer service issues. I think a good bunch of service guys but seem not to be happy with jobs.
Misery Loves Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ebensburg, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Low pay, high stress, and more work to complete than hours in a day
The company as a whole is great but the office I worked for was miserable. Moral was poor and management was more concerned with destroying moral rather than building it. Customers were complained about, rude gestures and grotesque comments were made about customers while on the phone with other customers. The customer service level was poor, and customers were not the focus of our branch's day-to-day operations.
Great Work!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Floral Park, NYJune 18, 2015
Great Rewards, Training, and Tools.‎ There are No Limits to Your Success.‎‎Great place to work! Discounts! Great company culture
Long Hours..
Field Sales Representative- Greenville (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJune 16, 2015
Has great customer service, corporate has a great training program. Tenure of it's employees are great, sales team little short on tenure.
lots of hours
embriodery (Current Employee), productionJune 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours and little consideration for illness
nice place to work to make money. pays really well and their is always a lot of mandatory overtime. I enjoyed working on the machines but missed out on a lot of family stuff because of the long hours.
A very fast paced exciting place
Customer Service Representative/AR Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: N/A
Unifirst is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there and the different cultures I was able to work with. Managers were very supportive and great to work for.
Fun place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 15, 2015
Nice place to work. Lots of cold calling and rapport building to establish customers over a period of time. Lots of training and company paid trips.
No, No, and NO!
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: good base salary
Cons: 90% turnover rate, micro managing to its fullest!
Last I heard was that the big wigs at corporate were asking managers to go on job search sites and leave good company reviews. Awful company to work for. Sure the base salary and benefits may be great, but as soon as you hit any type of rough patch, you are gone. Was in constant fear of losing my job. This was the most micro-managed job I have ever experienced. Turn-over rate at the Memphis branch is nearly 90% for sales reps. Everything is just peachy when you start and may seem like a cushy job... just wait.
Unifirst is a good company to work for.
production worker (Former Employee), Houston TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: good health insurance-vacations and paid holidays
Cons: 15 minute breaks and have hour lunches
Doing my job to the best of my ablity. that a job at Unifirst can be enjoyable. That management is helpful and that your co-workers can be your fiends. The hardest part of this job is not allowing the work to get to you. The most enjoyable part of this job is leaving the day knowing you did your best
fun people and loved the hours
picker (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJune 3, 2015
It was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I loved the hours and the people that worked there. The benefits were pretty good. My supervisor was excellent she really taught me a lot
Headquarters