UniFirst

UniFirst Employee Reviews

An ok place to work
Certified Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Winooski, VTAugust 17, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor work life balance
Alot of data entry work. I think that the management could handle customer complaints better. There was a lot of negativity at the branch I worked in. They are not all the greatest when you have to take time off for personal reasons. I think when it comes to work life balance they could work better at being understanding.
productive workplace
Packer/Picker (Current Employee), Morris, ILAugust 8, 2015
A typical work day for me is to report to my supervisor at the beginning of the shift so we no what to expect out the day. get assigned paperwork,get proper equipment to begin order,pick and pack in bin,seal,label and ship off to be sealed. The most enjoyable time at work is getting my orders completed in a timely manner and to be able to help others if needed.
Overall a good experience
(current) Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2015
CEO and plant manager rave about record profits and bonuses without rewarding employees. All immigrant employees due to low wages and harsh environment.
UniFirst
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIAugust 6, 2015
The best place to work in my eyes . You get to meet new people and travel at the same time while working . And you home every night very amazing and they actually take care of there employees .
A good sales process.
Sales Development Manager (Current Employee), Bossier LAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Cost savings programs.
Cons: Customer data base needs updating.
Job duties included, however not limited to make appointments by phone and while making cold calls. Perform about 15 activities per day. I have learned how to address the customers hot buttons. My office is located an hour and half from my territory. I report into the office once a week. The most enjoyable is talking and meeting new people and the satisfaction of closing sales.
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Local plant to wash cloths
Cons: my emeideat supervisor was week
I learned alto about networking getting past gate keepers. It is an east coast based company so it was a good cross section of how to sell across the country
My responsibilities included both accounts receivable and payable. I also performed various tasks working with the accounting department.
Accounts Receivables Associate/Payable (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment.
Cons: I worked the evening shift which did not provide enough hours for my needs.
Unifirst is a highly professional corporation. All the employees and managers that I worked with were very supportive and respectful to others. Unifirst is also a company that promotes advancement within for employees willing to learn and work hard.
Management was involved but sometimes too much
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2015
Good working relationship with peers, but stress on making quota was a bit overbearing. Fun to work with the salespeople and office staff.
too many hours for the pay
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed the experience of running the route and interacting with the customers
Cons: sometimes completely unsanitary
in order to properly service the clientele you would need two people per route, most route managers got around this by half attempts at accuracy and blowing smoke at customers. There were a few very good employees/management.
Unifirst
Clerical Clerk (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great place to work.
Cons: No Cons.
A typical day at work includes plenty of paper work that never ends. Management and my co-workers are great to work with. Everyone is very friendly.
Upper Management does not have a clue
Account Manager (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good training if you don't know how to sell
Cons: Lots see my comments
As an Outside Sales Rep with more than 20 years of experience I was treated like someone fresh out of high school who had never even sold pizza's for a fund raiser. Although their training is extensive (and the message is good) it is OVERKILL. Then you spend 3-4 days in the office on the phone making cold calls. As an outside sales person that time is more productive in the field face to face. On top of that I had a Branch Manager who never sold squat, learned all he knew about sales from reading books; had no sense of CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever. Our turnover in sales people and Sales Managers was ridicules (Had 3 sales managers while I was there in 4 months) yet the same Branch Mgr. (maybe he was the problem) All I can say is STAY AWAY!
worst career decision ever!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Neenah, WIJuly 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE
i was treated horribly by management and by customers. given unreasonable expectations and paid a horrible wage. drivers (route sales reps) are paid salary and never make overtime pay no matter how many hours they put in. their answer to that is sell more to your customers. yet when we did this, we never even received that product to give to the customer. we were then forced to credit it off their invoice and in turn, hurt our weekly sales therefore lowering our weekly income. on top of that, when you get back at the end of the day, management harasses your for issuing credits for something totally out of your control. how can i charge a customer for something they aren't getting? i thought total customer satisfaction was the goal of this company? i couldn't even make it one year working for this place. after 6 months i was already seeking a new job. my only likes about this job were some of my coworkers who i still keep in touch with. luckily they also wised up and several of them left after i did (including the 2nd in command). i did have some customers who were very nice and pleasant to do business with. all management cares about is the numbers. very happy i moved on from this place and i'll never look back.
Productive and fun
Final Shipping (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJuly 8, 2015
I absolutly loved it at Unifirst but, for the amout of time I was there I didn't feel as if the pay was good enough for the many positions I knew. Other than that I loved my job.
Micro management at its finest
Production staff (Current Employee), LubbockJuly 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor pay and raises, poor working conditions, expectations, management
As with most companies each location is only as good as its management. The location in Lubbock, Tx is one that has serious issues... Facility is out of date and broke half of time and G.M. doesn't want to spend money to repair. Yet expects production as if plant was brand new. G.M. is a super micro manager and doesn't try to develop employees. Since I have worked at this location I have seen 4 production managers, 4 maintenance managers, at least 15 sales reps, and over 200 hourly employees.... yet the same G.M.??? This location is one to stay definitely away from....
Sweat shop with the feeling of being a number only
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2015
Pros: always work
Cons: always work
after working there 8 years it was time to move on knowing that I would not last physically another year. It was a mental and physical job that required 60 plus hours six days a week and very little reward. Upper management was headed in a unethical decision making. after 18 years decided to fire 2 young ladies with down syndrome claiming they were a liability. They were the only 2 employees that had never had any liability since the day I started. Not to mention they got paid 35.00 a week for separating hangers 5 days a week and 4 hours a day. Wow that was the day I Knew what Unifirst is made of.
Corporate Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cave City, ARJune 30, 2015
Upper and lower management only care about the almighty dollar, it's disheartening. They don't think anyone works but them.
fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
Its a great company but I'm looking to get back into sales .I don't have any con's at this time. management is great also and always there for you.
The people are great! Style of upper level management needs improved.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 29, 2015
Great solid company. As a sales representative the micro management was very tedious and seems like there could be a better contact management and reporting system that was better than what they had. I don't mind keeping a funnel and show these things to my upper management but this was not a good system.
The company seem not to care very much about their customers..
Service Manager (Former Employee), Greer SCJune 20, 2015
Pros: lots of freedom
Cons: upper management issues with customers
I was a service manager there. I made sure routes on the road and ready to go. I had to deal with lots of customer service issues. I think a good bunch of service guys but seem not to be happy with jobs.
Misery Loves Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ebensburg, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Low pay, high stress, and more work to complete than hours in a day
The company as a whole is great but the office I worked for was miserable. Moral was poor and management was more concerned with destroying moral rather than building it. Customers were complained about, rude gestures and grotesque comments were made about customers while on the phone with other customers. The customer service level was poor, and customers were not the focus of our branch's day-to-day operations.
Headquarters