UniFirst Employee Reviews in United States

great company to work for
CSR, Seamstress, Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2016
You have a good day at work and they make it fun so that it goes fast. weekends off. Very different people to work with. Daily help if necessary. Good management group.
Pros
no weekend works hardly
Productive workplace
Project Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2016
A productive workplace with flexible work hours. My co-workers were very helpful at the start of my employment. I was given appropriate training to complete all the responsibilities of my job.
Corporate America
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 15, 2016
This job is heavily micro-manage. There are multiple reports for every daily task you can imagine. Immediate management is subpar. Co-Workers are awesome. Decent benefits. No vacation or sick time for first year. If you get sick plan on presenting a doctors note like in high school or put your job in jeopardy. Nothing special about them that sets them apart from their competition.
Pros
mileage and $50 cell phone reimbursment.
Cons
no flexibility, Quotas are very hard to meet, Training is little to non existent, Constantly testing and put through reviews within the company.
You work mostly on your own
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 13, 2016
It's Monday-Friday work, The people are nice and the company is easy to work for. You can advance. The tough part of the job is heavy work loading mats. Sometimes you don't see too many co-workers as everyone has their own schedule. That is one of the good parts of the job. I like doing my own schedule and working outside.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
It gets hot as you are in and out of the truck all day
just a job
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 11, 2016
if you cant find anything else then it will do. not alot going on as far as a career. management is too controlled by corporate.
Pros
easy job
Cons
you will never move up
Opportunity to see new places and meet Key Individuals at many different companies.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Fls, WIAugust 4, 2016
This company has always been good to me but that trust and respect was earned through my time working here. I enjoyed seeing the procedures at many different companies and establishing relationships with many new people in charge at these companies.
Unfortunately, a lot of issues that arise can be completely out of your hands to solve so if you are a person who enjoys providing excellent service like myself, often times you may feel helpless when trying to take care of issues that regard other departments at this company.
I enjoy being in able to make my own decisions on route which is encouraged; they use the phrase "you're your own boss" once you leave the office so it is good to handle things in a way best for yourself and the customer .
My problem is that this company can get very busy or caught up in certain staffing issues that you may not find much time to meet with your managers to aid you with some of your issues. It is urged that many of these things are taken care of by the route drivers themselves so whether they are right or wrong, the choice is your on how to handle an issue.
Pros
Lots of experience to gain and relationships to be made, chance to be your own boss, no strict schedule, always ways to make additional cash
Cons
Labor intensive, lack of management.
Fun place to work
CSR & ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 2, 2016
I've learned a lot working here. Gaining experience in this service. Hands on with accounting, graphic, and customer services in general.
Great company the considers employees an asset
Wilmington, Ma. - AS/400 Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 31, 2016
Fast paced service company with over 10,000 employees nationwide. Worked as the only AS/400 technical specialist in the IT department. Spent 25% of my workday insuring the integrity of 7 AS/400 systems, 4 local and 3 remote. Maintained the High Availability application for the company for another 25% of a typical day. The rest of the day provided 2nd level support for remote locations with application issues that the service desk could not correct. Spent many weekends upgrading numerous software applications on the 7 AS/400's. Was on call every other week for the 15 years. Performed disaster recovery testing at vendor sites until installing iTera HA internally. Great staff to work with on day to day issues and problems. Hardest part of job were calls in the middle of the night and weekends that required vendor support. Most enjoyable part of job was the satisfaction in helping our remote locations get back on track.
Pros
Good pay and appreciation of a job well done
Cons
Many long hours and weekend upgrades
very busy fast pace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 29, 2016
i enjoyed working with my coworkers it would like family.they did special picnics for employees and would do a mothers day luncheon...
Pros
we would work together
Cons
the management was too pushing on us
Great First Job For College Graduates
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2016
I Joined UniFirst right after college. The training period is very intense . Lots of training videos and video meetings with corporate trainers. You have to do a sales certification and meet a sales quota within the first 13 weeks. Management varies depending on the location, the sale manager I had was awesome. Very helpful and taught me a lot. Due to change in upper management the sales manager left and the sales department was left to fend for it self. No help for the branch manager, GM, or the regional sales manager. After about 3-4 months the regional sales manager came in and "took over". He was there for about a week or two. In that time the turn over was very high. When I started we had 5 sales reps, after a year the manager left along with 4 other of the sales reps. They hired 3 others but they didn't make it during the first 13 weeks. You are basically your own boss, but you are micromanaged on the actives you do, which they give a iPad to track everything. You have meeting every week where they talk about what you did the past week and what you have coming up. If you don't have the activity level they want they beat you up on that. If you don't sell anything for 3 weeks they start the process of getting rid of you. The company has a " what have you done for me" mentality. You have to wait on commissions, first commissions take about 2-3 months to get. Plus the service side can mess up your commissions. They say they love sales and that it keeps them in business, but after working there for over a year thats further for the truth. If you can make it a year you are doing  more... very well. After a year I would recommend looking for something else. You do learn a lot while you are there but the stress level is so high it becomes not worth it after a year.  less
Pros
Make your schedule, B2B sales, The sales training, "IF" you get to sell a big account the commission is worth the time
Cons
Lack of good management, Micromanaged to death, Corp video meeting in the early AM, like before 6AM., They have a cap on mileage, and you will usually max it out in a 2-3 day
Unifirst is a great company to grow.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work. People is friendly in the plant and around the service department and sales. …......................................……......
Pros
company owned by Family
Cons
not really any.
Flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2016
Three days in the field, two days in office, New sales team with new sales management. All sales are focused on one time deals, no account management for sales reps. Accounts typically run 3-5 year contracts so have to find accounts at the right time to sell
Pros
self-reliability
Cons
healthcare
Its a good place to devolp labor skill training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 25, 2016
You work 8 hours a day at the minimum... learning how to use machinery or objects that require training such as sorting out clothes and running them through a large heating tunnel machine. It also gives you a field in loading and unloading truck packages
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 21, 2016
Stay away unless u like to work for free. No overtime is given even if u work 15 mins after ur shift. You had to clock out and finish your work..
Pros
Nome
Not worth the headache
Manager (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 20, 2016
I worked at this company years ago. Stayed only a few months due to the lack of professionalism. That being said it was a while ago but the experience was not good.
Unifirst
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2016
Unload soiled products from truck. Separate products by types, counting flat good products. Pressing/steaming. Counted garments and pack articles in accordance with requirements.
Decent training program with a solid compensation package. High turn over, no support (leads, leadership, opportunity).
Green Guard First Aid (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAJuly 13, 2016
A solid company to work for if your looking for sales experience, but not a company you can have a career with. Very cut throat business and a tough market to stick around in.
Productive, but got micro managed
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2016
Good Company and interesting job. A lot of hrs at the facility I am in. GM micro managed leaders below him. If hours we 15 less a week I wouldn't mind staying.
Great Company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 9, 2016
I still enjoy working for this company. good hours great pay weekends off. You get to work at your own pace. Very customer oriented.
Good Culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 8, 2016
UniFirst Corporation is a very large national company but still has a great local feel in the Minnesota branch. They tried their best to have fun as long as everyone was able to complete their work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.