UniFirst

UniFirst Employer Reviews

i love my job
Maintenance, supervisor (Current Employee), Blasdell, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heath care, good
repair ,clean ppm all machinery.look after all of building and grounds.do paper work .write reports on machinery.
Typical factory type work place
Sew/Seal Operator (Current Employee), Owensboro, KentuckyJanuary 13, 2015
Basic factory/production based job. It's physically demanding, but many good people work there.
Same type of work as alsco
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: steady work, good insurance
Cons: slow about getting product out
It was the same type of work as alsco, about the same amount of customers and same duties.
productive and fun work place
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 6, 2015
steady, leaned something new everyday,
Management was okay i guess. Coworkers were GREAT!
great pay
Soil Sorter (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: time shift ends
great pay and great work environment. started work at 10 a.m. or earlier if needed. I learned to take leadership in a team environment. interacted with management well. co-workers were very helpful. the hardest part of the job was the time the shift ended. the pay was the most enjoyable part of the job.
A great, fast-paced place to work
Route Service Representative (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: trucks always break down leaving you stranded for hours
A typical day starts with a check of all product and clothes that may need to be delivered before you start your route. I've learned the importance of maintaining a strong relationship with customers and how to make quick decisions. Management was very helpful in every endeavor and made sure we made as few mistakes as possible. The hardest part of the job is having to explain to customers why their product is/will be delayed. The most enjoyable part of the job is having your customer personally call your supervisor and tell them what a great job you're doing.
a very intense job
RSR (Current Employee), Albany, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people
Cons: to much driveing
a lot of road time is involved as well as a good bit of lifting a lot of interacting with the customers is required as well as people at the plant in order to get the job done well
busy busy busy
District Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great relationships with most customers
Cons: working 75-80 hours per week, getting paid for 40
The customers were the only bright side of working here. Too many problems to mention. I don't know if every location was this bad but good luck fixing this location.
It was decent job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2014
The people there were decent to get along with there. Didn't do to much but assembly line work.
Typical office administration and customer service
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Ladson, SCNovember 23, 2014
Data entry, customer service, AP/AR, Good work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to get everything done. I am the only clerical person so it can be a bit challenging to get everything done. At one time, this office had two clerical people. Collections are my weak point. I can do it, but I just don't like to.
Poor management; they like to intimidate.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioNovember 21, 2014
A dirty place. Poor managers. Most workers don't like working there.
If you are a hunter then you can make money
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CANovember 12, 2014
good place to work if you have thick skin. Great training for entry level sells, if you can learn to sell at UniFirst you can sell anything.
Don't do it.
District service supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2014
They don't give you the tools you need to succeed. They are very long hours.
Great Place to work
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Don't expect a rose garden but if you like to work you can advance in a hurry.
too much work; not enough pay
Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers for the most part
Cons: everything
Stay away unless u like to work for free. No overtime is given even if u work 15 mins after ur shift.
Productive and fun
Marketing uniform manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: long hours
Marketing uniform and facility services to medium and large clients
• Rookie of the week 3 times
• Secured $60,000 in uniform revenue over 5 year period from large prestigious country club
• Averaged $11,300 in weekly service sales for tenure of position, exceeding the $11,000/week sales quota
I enjoyed working with the employees and staff. I really miss them alot.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Barnwell,S.C.October 15, 2014
Pros: company has a great benefits package, vacation and sick pay, 401k
Cons: do not know of any
I was an employee of theirs for 30 years. I started out as an Machine Operator then I got promoted to Team Leader in about 10 years and promoted to Production Supervisor years after that. I enjoyed meeting new employees and training them. The employees I worked with their are hard workers and I got along real well with them. I made them feel comfortable and let them know they could come talk to me about anything. I enjoyed working at Unifirst it was a fun place for me to work and work we did especially during the outage season we worked long hours but it was worth it I encouraged the employees if they got tired and let them know if you need to go out a bit go ahead. They would tell me how much they enjoy working with me cause I was not like most Supervisors that meant I understood them cause that is where I got started as a Machine Operator. I hate I got laid off due to lack of work but I was not offered another position I was willing to take a cut in pay but it was not an option for neither Supervisor. The job I done was not hard I really enjoyed it and for it to end the way it did I am full of emotion.
I enjoyed working with the employees and staff. I really miss them alot.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Barnwell,S.C.October 15, 2014
Pros: company has a great benefits package, vacation and sick pay, 401k
Cons: do not know of any
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Panama City, FLOctober 14, 2014
Very involved training regimen that is proven to work. Hard work pays off. It is sales.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good caring people
Great People! Fun to work with! Even though they are a mega company, they are very personable.

1 2 3 4 5

About UniFirst

UniFirst, a leading supplier of uniforms, workwear and related products to businesses big and small since 1936, provides a wide – Read more