UniFirst

UniFirst United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Many wasted hours making specail deliverys when reps were shorted product on truck.
* Work day started with checking in at office and getting paperwork ready for the day ( visitations, A/R's and agreement renewals). Back to office in afternoon for business meetings with my route sales reps. * I have learned so many things but the most thing that sticks with me is building the business and relationships with customers. * The management part of the job was great when you hire, train and surround yourself with good people.* My co-workers were hard working people and set goals everyday.* The hardest part of the job was relying on a different department to get the products to my service reps.* The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the business grow and building relationships with customers.
many benefits including free lunch and holiday parties
District Manager (Former Employee), san leandro, CaApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 24/7 hours of operation
medium stress, job accountability and fun workplace. 24/7 hours of operation made it hard to have down time due the Las Vegas life style. holidays had to be requested time off.
Very good working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, NHApril 19, 2015
Pros: we all worked well together
Cons: breaks seemed to fly by
I enjoyed working in the office at Unifirst. There were only 5 of us that worked in the office, but we worked well together and as a team. Everyone was very helpful.
The management is very adaptable to employee requests.
Production Worker (Current Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIApril 16, 2015
This company is very flexible and understanding toward their employees. They provide a very relaxed atmosphere while at the same time making sure everyone knows exactly what is expected of them.
not a bad job just not the right people in the right positions
District Service Manager (Current Employee), omahaApril 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no home time
Unifirst has great benefits and compensation. However, they do not have the right people in the right places. It's who you know not what you know or your qualifications that get you any where within the company. They take so much of your time and don't pay enough or give you enough time with your family. Again that stems from people in positions where they don't belong and not giving a care about the people below them.
Poor place to work
Production (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Management is not supportive, total chaos, favoritism
UniFirst as an organization is a great place to work. However, the Indianapolis location is in shambles. No consistency, BIG favoritism, Production Manager plays around all day and comes out of office at end of day and says. "Where we at?" Turnover is very high because of poor management. The General Manager respects no one. I recommend all to stay as far from this place as possible.
Avoid unless desperate for work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), DallasApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and 401k
Cons: Low pay, high turnover, poor management, low employee morale, horrible product
Company turns over their entire sales force on a regular basis, will say that all territories are equal every single area has the same quota regardless of past results. When interviewing they tell about P Club and all the money to be made the reality is that less than 1% of sales force will achieve that and if there is a producer in the office you will not likely make any real money. Management is quick to criticize but offers very little relevant advice. Upper management berates and belittles employees without offering any advice as to how to improve sales. They do offer a good benefits package and great 401k match, only good thing that can be said about working there. This is a sleazy industry that lures businesses in to agreements only to fail their service standards and constantly overcharge and raise prices. When customers realize this they are charged outrageous buyouts or are threatened with a lawsuit. Like I said do not apply unless you have zero other options.
Productive, Physically Challenging
District Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Newnurgh, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Physically Challenging, Weight loss 20-30 lbs
Cons: Running behind on a route
In the service dept, Ride along with the drivers & help them through out their route. Run special Deliveries to customers.

Learned how a Uniform service company works.

Management was great.

Co-workers are very helpful.

Running behind on a route.

Finishing a route early.
bad
mat roller (Former Employee), gaMarch 30, 2015
bad not good horribale place to work for don't ever ever ever wont to work there I advise everybody not to work there ever.
Flexible and energetic
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), KSMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Sale samples, product testing, availability to build your own schedule.
Cons: comunication between sales and service management, stressful to get approval from upper management for special accounts.
My experience with UniFirst has been unique. My typical day at work include running appointments, cold calling prospects and following up on accounts. Sales management is supportive and will go the extra mile to make sure we can close business. The co-workers are friendly and we support each other to give each other leads.
what a joke
District Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Winooski, VTMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free uniforms, white and came home black everyday
Cons: my manager got the Gout on the first day I started, lame
upper management plays hard ball
lets senior worker associates run all over you
horrible training from the people you would expect to train you
very dirty environment, almost like working for a waste managemnt company.
their contracts are bogus! sucking people dry and price increases are ridiculious!!!! dont do it, or if your smart do sign a contract or hire the best lawyer you can find before you do business with this Mass-hole company.
Reliant upon having a good wash plant versus a poor one!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Neenah, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: salary, mileage allowance, relative independence in setting up work weeks
Cons: ALL RELIANT ON HOW GOOD YOUR WASH PLANT AND DIRECT MANAGEMENT IS
Way too many service issues. I would sell accounts making simple promises and the QUALITY of the products was NOT THERE.

I want to be there for my customers that I contract with for 3-5 years but what happens is operations takes over and their "just another customer"

The founder, Aldo Croatti promotes total customer satisfaction and "lifetime value of a client" but unfortunately my particular operations team and our management only cared about profits and costs over revenue. We were limited in sku's that we could sell and whenever problems would arise, it was always, "you shouldn't have sold them this" or "that color is too light". My location never solved problems and seeked long-term solutions but rather pointed at others and pushed the blame from one person to the next.

Decent company, but you are at the mercy of your particular wash plant and your particular GM and location manager.
Very Stable and Growing Company, but Changing
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Stability, Advancment Opportuinties, Training
Cons: Regional Management!!!!!!!! Long Hours
Very fast paced describes it best. I was provided excellent training in customer service, outside sales, and recruiting that will be a tremendous asset for me in future opportunities. The people at UniFirst (Most of them) are simply amazing and what will be missed most.
productive and fun work environment
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: long work hours
good pay, long hours, great benefits, awesome work environment. excellent customer service, top notch advancement opportunity
Great place to work.
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for Unifirst and maintaining a good relationship with my customers. Everyone in the office did a great job helping me with anything I needed.
Dirty job with no home life
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atkins, VAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Management and hours
A typical day consist of a 12 hour day at work getting paid for 8 hours of work. You will be asked to go above and beyond your capability with no compensation. If you like driving for many hours and handling dirty, smelly, wet, nasty uniforms, towels, mats, rags, etc... this is the job for you.
I like my Co-Workers but that company falls short as a whole.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: we are a small branch and often over looked by the company as a whole.
The company falls short in alot of areas. I am very fond of my co-workers, and my boss is very good but they are very unorganized and unaware of problems.
Great Company with Potential to Excel
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great pay, excellent training, and overall enjoyable environment
Cons: cut-throat industry can make it tough at times.
UniFirst is an excellent company to work for. They offer an outstounding pay structure, with an above average base salary with no cap on potential commission earnings. The training provided really works well when used properly and is overall very helpful. Do not get discouraged when you lose a few sales, and do not get distracted by present potential customers. Everything you work on today determines how your future will work out. Steadily be searching for new business while working current prospects. Management in this location is great. Very friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend this position to anyone who is self motivated, organized, time efficient, and who is an aggressive "hunter" for new business.
Great Company with Potential to Excel
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great pay, excellent training, and overall enjoyable environment
Cons: cut-throat industry can make it tough at times.
1st Shift
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
I loved working at Unifirst they were more than just workers they were family. I learned so much while being employed by Unifirst.
Management was not very good alot of sneaking around going on with the Branch manager. He was not someone I would consider running my company. I Absouelty loved my co-worers best part of getting up in the morning.

1 2 3 4 5

About UniFirst

UniFirst, a leading supplier of uniforms, workwear and related products to businesses big and small since 1936, provides a wide – Read more

UniFirst Salaries