UniFirst Employee Reviews in United States

very busy fast pace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 29, 2016
i enjoyed working with my coworkers it would like family.they did special picnics for employees and would do a mothers day luncheon...
Pros
we would work together
Cons
the management was too pushing on us
Great First Job For College Graduates
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2016
I Joined UniFirst right after college. The training period is very intense . Lots of training videos and video meetings with corporate trainers. You have to do a sales certification and meet a sales quota within the first 13 weeks. Management varies depending on the location, the sale manager I had was awesome. Very helpful and taught me a lot. Due to change in upper management the sales manager left and the sales department was left to fend for it self. No help for the branch manager, GM, or the regional sales manager. After about 3-4 months the regional sales manager came in and "took over". He was there for about a week or two. In that time the turn over was very high. When I started we had 5 sales reps, after a year the manager left along with 4 other of the sales reps. They hired 3 others but they didn't make it during the first 13 weeks. You are basically your own boss, but you are micromanaged on the actives you do, which they give a iPad to track everything. You have meeting every week where they talk about what you did the past week and what you have coming up. If you don't have the activity level they want they beat you up on that. If you don't sell anything for 3 weeks they start the process of getting rid of you. The company has a " what have you done for me" mentality. You have to wait on commissions, first commissions take about 2-3 months to get. Plus the service side can mess up your commissions. They say they love sales and that it keeps them in business, but after working there for over a year thats further for the truth. If you can make it a year you are doing  more... very well. After a year I would recommend looking for something else. You do learn a lot while you are there but the stress level is so high it becomes not worth it after a year.  less
Pros
Make your schedule, B2B sales, The sales training, "IF" you get to sell a big account the commission is worth the time
Cons
Lack of good management, Micromanaged to death, Corp video meeting in the early AM, like before 6AM., They have a cap on mileage, and you will usually max it out in a 2-3 day
Unifirst is a great company to grow.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work. People is friendly in the plant and around the service department and sales. …......................................……......
Pros
company owned by Family
Cons
not really any.
Flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2016
Three days in the field, two days in office, New sales team with new sales management. All sales are focused on one time deals, no account management for sales reps. Accounts typically run 3-5 year contracts so have to find accounts at the right time to sell
Pros
self-reliability
Cons
healthcare
Its a good place to devolp labor skill training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 25, 2016
You work 8 hours a day at the minimum... learning how to use machinery or objects that require training such as sorting out clothes and running them through a large heating tunnel machine. It also gives you a field in loading and unloading truck packages
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 21, 2016
Stay away unless u like to work for free. No overtime is given even if u work 15 mins after ur shift. You had to clock out and finish your work..
Pros
Nome
Not worth the headache
Manager (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 20, 2016
I worked at this company years ago. Stayed only a few months due to the lack of professionalism. That being said it was a while ago but the experience was not good.
Unifirst
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2016
Unload soiled products from truck. Separate products by types, counting flat good products. Pressing/steaming. Counted garments and pack articles in accordance with requirements.
Decent training program with a solid compensation package. High turn over, no support (leads, leadership, opportunity).
Green Guard First Aid (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAJuly 13, 2016
A solid company to work for if your looking for sales experience, but not a company you can have a career with. Very cut throat business and a tough market to stick around in.
Productive, but got micro managed
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2016
Good Company and interesting job. A lot of hrs at the facility I am in. GM micro managed leaders below him. If hours we 15 less a week I wouldn't mind staying.
Great Company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 9, 2016
I still enjoy working for this company. good hours great pay weekends off. You get to work at your own pace. Very customer oriented.
Good Culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 8, 2016
UniFirst Corporation is a very large national company but still has a great local feel in the Minnesota branch. They tried their best to have fun as long as everyone was able to complete their work.
terrible work place
Clothes Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 8, 2016
everyday was a drag and the employees and staff were always complaining about something always some kind of drama was a terrible place to work i would not recomend this job
Pros
n/a
Cons
to much drama
great benefits and pay
DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
i learned to manage people and how to deal with different personalities and how to approach each situation with and open heart and mind.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work to many long hours
Great Training and Opportunity
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 6, 2016
You can really succeed with this company and advance. They have a state of the art training program that you can take with you wherever you go because of the discipline you will gain.
Hard work but a job nonetheless
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJuly 5, 2016
It was a difficult job with the work environment. Hanging clothes is not as easy as they make it out to be. They are always in need of employees. Overall it was not a bad place to work, it had its ups and downs but the management was courteous to say the least
Fun work atmosphere
All-American Baseball Center Coach (Current Employee) –  Trafford, PAJune 28, 2016
Was a lot of hours and a tough job, but being a people person made sales a great experience. We are responsible for building our own schedule holding 20 meetings a week. Also responsible for cold calling and going business to business to set meetings for the following weeks.
Pros
Office only 2 days per week
Cons
4 hour phone blocks
Productive and overall great pace to work!
Sale's Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 27, 2016
While in the office I would do cold call, calling different company's trying to get appointment's. Out of the office I drove throughout highlands county stopping at any business I could and setting up appointments. I enjoyed meeting many different people, earning their respect. The worst part of the job is driving due to wear and tear of my vehicle, and having such a small territory. Over all the people and company I've worked for, for the past 10 years has been such a pleasure.
Pros
meeting many people
Cons
driving, and small territory
Team Oriented Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 26, 2016
Unifirst took me on just two months after I completed my bachelor's degree at York College of Pennsylvania in 2014, (Journalism, minor in Business Marketing.)

My manager, and the rest of the sales team was very helpful from the start. They trained, educated, and provided me with the skills and experience I would need to be successful in the uniform industry. I will forever be grateful for how good they were to me.
Very hard but rewarding job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atkins, VAJune 24, 2016
Great environment would recommend to anyone. Unifirst is a great company that I wish I could stay longer but its time for a change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.