UniFirst Employee Reviews in United States

A commission based delivery job that paid well.
Route Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 16, 2016
During my time at Unifirst, I started as a Route Supervisor. My responsibilities were to maintain customer relations with approximately 400 customers. After approx. 6 months, one of my drivers left the company, at that time I took over the route full-time. The company is a uniform rental company that also offers facility services (Ex: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Shop Towels, Soaps, Different Dispensers, etc).
Pros
I was out and about by myself all day controlling my own pace and day as a whole.
Cons
Terrible management.
Production/warehouse
Production/operator/warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Cave City, ARFebruary 8, 2016
if you dont mind hard work. this is a alright job. the management is fairly good to employees for this area ... could do better to raise pay scale a little.
over all not a horrible company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
short breaks, over working employees
Terrible work environment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Lack of leadership, sales knowledge, sales tools, technology, training & positive work environment along with a massive lack of modern technology. This company is operating in the dark ages loaded down with inefficient processes and paper driven documentation.
Commnication is not good
Rout Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 1, 2016
There isn't enough fluid communication between all team members to ensure the company goals are met. The company has an outlook that is only advantages for few.
Pros
Work is relatively easy.
Cons
Too many indecisive employees
Great learning opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2016
This job fine tuned my communication and rapport building skills. On a day to day basis I would make amazing contacts with business owners and management. I enjoyed my co-workers and liked helping companies save money and time.
Structured Selling Environment
Sales Consultant (Sales Mentor) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Typically you are out in the field hunting down new sales leads. Two phone blocks per week. Helping customers improve overall image by reducing overall costs.
awesome workplace, they really take care of their employees
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 25, 2016
typical day on route consist of visiting customers and delivering clean, quality products while picking up dirty products. you pretty much manage your time on route and complete the route at your own pace. as long as the customer is happy our goal is to keep the customers for life.
Pros
everything
Great Company story
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2016
this company has a great back story and the overall culture is nice. the owner has been on undercover boss. but my sales office was the most negative place to work in. the management was the worse and even had several HR issues and complaints. nothing was really done about how management treated employees.
Driven
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 15, 2016
A great place to go to get your feet wet in the world of outside sales. A very steep learning curve. 5 Weeks of in office training and then you are released to sell accounts.
good place to work...
District Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2016
a typical day would include multitasking, rapid decision making, no two days are the same. fast paced and rewarding, although no time for family or personal life. management is exceptional
Current Employee, Route Sales Representive
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I have worked for Unifirst for about 3.5yrs and I can honestly say overall this has been a great company to work for. Management at my location has always been willing to do what they can to help out the route men. The work it self is not unusually hard, although there is constant running and lifting 0-200+ibs until your route is finished, The vehicles are generally well maintained, and if there's an issue we have spares. Most route incomes are at least 30-50% higher then the national income at most of the locations that I know of. Because of this, route positions aren't open very often.
Pros
Helpful Management/co workers/staff
Cons
Commission structure is adjusted every Quarter. This can help or hurt
Working at Unifirst
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, NJJanuary 10, 2016
Work is work here at Unifirst. No other comments to be further mentioned. I choose to not state any pros or cons about working for this company for various reasons. Good luck on your job searches, to each his own is my best opinion.
Pros
I decline Further Comment.
Productive and busy workplace !
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day working at unifirst, is usually very busy, there is never a dull moment. What I learned from working here, is that the best thing you can bring to any workplace is good productivity. Management depending on who exactly you are under, can be ok, it could definitely use alot of work as far as exemplifying professionalism and fairness amongst the managers and their treatment towards the production workers. The hardest part of my job, is the fact that the load is pretty big especially during some of our busiest times which are the holidays, and having to work alone which would not be as bad if the wages were equal to the workload that we do every single day. The most enjoyable part of my job, is connecting and sharing with my co workers and having created that family atmosphere at the workplace.
Pros
Paid Vacations, free weekends, benefits, and every holiday off !
Cons
bait and switch....run and run fast!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 5, 2016
Terrible Management. They play favorites. There is no opportunity for advancement..don't be fooled by the promises made during the interview. Told one thing and job is completely different. Feeling of being micromanaged. The need to write book reports each month to let the CEO know what you do. Basically justifying your low salary. Tons of red tape. People are always in a panic frenzy to put out fires. Many employees leaved or are pushed out with settlements. Company pays out so many settlements..I'm surprised they are still in business. Increases are slow and steady....1% this year! For those of us who were not laid off. Do yourself a favor, do your research before you think about working here. Very much a high school environment.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
read above.
I enjoyed my experience overall
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2016
I loved working for Unifirst in Tulsa. That is until the service manager I began under got promoted to his own location, that is when the new service manager transferred from a different location. He seemed to have a grudge against me from the start. He did not like the general manager I had worked for before I transferred to the Tulsa location, and seemed to take it out on me. It seemed that he tightened the rules for a select few people and focused on trying to push them out or trying hard to find ways to get rid of us.
great place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Grew location by 9%
* Oversaw service of Fortune 100/500 customers
*Managed 20 team partners/4 managers
* First year achieved President’s Club
enjoyed working with my coworkers
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Floral Park, NYDecember 29, 2015
certain part of management did not nor show any appreciation for my time and hard work i was putting in with my duties. was always doing not only my job but doing part of another higher managers job.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
job is always threatened
Hours are not equal to the pay
Route Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 21, 2015
Work 10 to 15 hours a day for $600 a week. Hard to do if you have a family. Good work enviorment, friendly co workers, and flexible management.
Pros
commision
Cons
hours
Bad place to work
Route Sales Representative / Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 13, 2015
Not a good company to work for. Long hour and not enough money.And they wait two days just B4 your 90 days and laid you off.They always cutting corner.
Pros
Cons
bad all round
UniFirst Review
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 7, 2015
A typical day at work consist of back breaking lifting and standing for a long period of time.
Though my time was short, i learned about different personalities,working with a group of people, getting your goals done in a timely manner.
The co workers were amazing and nice people, I loved being around them and they make work fun.
The hardest part of the job is that there is no security for temporary workers.
The most enjoyable with out a doubt is the co workers and the back breaking work as well.
Pros
Vending machines, good amount of time for lunch, co workers
Cons
No security for temporary workers, back breaking work, long time on feet.