UniFirst Employee Reviews

Hostile
Sales Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 6, 2017
The work environment is cut throat, and hostile.
I enjoyed my job though sometimes it was like I wasn't doing enough. Constantly being told I was wrong with my ideas and all I did.
Good Busniess
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2017
Great place to work but requires a lot of hours. Not a lot of home life. Does not seem to care much about family time but does compensate well for the work you're there although you're not an hourly employee.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJune 5, 2017
check to make sure everything is running repair anything that broke check oil in trucks as they came back indo PM's very light work load
hard to find things to stay busy with
Pros
Great people easy going
Cons
more experenced then my superviser seemed to intimadate him
Good benifits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 1, 2017
Good team work, good work work enviroment good bosses everyone help each other. they train you in all aspect of the job to learn each department if you want to.
Extremely difficult culture to become successful. High turnover
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAMay 30, 2017
Never trained, No support from management. Hostile work environment. Followed the companies procedures with limited success. Territories were too small with not enough prospects to make a good living.
Pros
Enjoyed the job, the freedom
Cons
Management was not supportive or trained for their positions. Territories not set up for success
No Pay Raise in 6 years
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 29, 2017
Was not given a pay increase in over 6 years, but the company had no problem spending enormous amounts on upgrades and adding the responsibility to maintain them.
loving the job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
I worked setting appointments for customers. Also, i was able to speak to customers regarding any issues that they have with the services the company provides
pretty bad!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 25, 2017
no the best work experience I've had. not the worst. way of paying the RSR can be better. working off commission is ideal. management can work on people skills
Love this company
Sale Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAMay 24, 2017
This was the best decision my family and i could have made. I love the 8am to 5pm schedule. I have a family life as well as a great career. Unifirst pays there commissions on a schedule and your sales manager and location manager will help you all they can. I will never look for another job ever. Very secure job and awesome pay. Always trying to make you better because you are the key to the companies success.
Pros
Benefits, great work place, always help if needed
Cons
Havent found one
Great company for older crowd
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 23, 2017
At first it was a great company until I gave my opinion on an employee that had seniority in the company and was told I should be thankful to have that job, Nasty.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything else
Wash Alley Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAMay 22, 2017
this is a good to place to work if you have little to no work experience,
pay isn't that bad if you don't have a lot of mouths to feed. But in all a good place as a first job.
Pros
good for first job
Cons
not much room for movement
Good location. Great people to work with.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2017
Upper management cares more about saving money then providing needed supplies to branch location. Makes it hard to provide for customers if we don't have product.
Love the Freedom to Grow Your Business!
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 17, 2017
Great opportunity to earn an appropriate salary with the right amount of input in effort. In short, if you work the program as it has been designed and continue the momentum, you will make money!

I enjoyed the freedom to build my client relationships without someone insisting on holding my hand. The early morning phone blocks can be harsh(I am truly not a morning person) however, I understand and appreciate the need to do so.

My only complaint would have to be some of the methods applied by upper management to encourage additional sales and maximum effort. It's not necessary to "brow beat" folks and constantly threaten their jobs OR question their efforts with satire or disdain to create a sense of urgency. That is SO old school and will certainly create just the opposite. Encourage by celebrating the small successes, lift up the employees through continued training and development and mentor with empathy.
Pros
Freedom to build client relationships, flexibility of schedule, more than fair compensation
Cons
Job Scare tactics, lack of useful support and training
Nice people with easy work
Stockroom Organizer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 17, 2017
Work was very easy, but was also very limited. A lot of the cons, such as shoddy speakers and leaky roof can be glanced over since it was a recently bought location that has to be repaired over time. Nice people to work with who would either happily chat to pass time, but were also content with keeping to themselves for the entire day. They do blare music over the loudspeakers for nearly the whole day while banning earbuds however, which can create poor concentration for most.
Dont even bother
Production (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 16, 2017
Terrible management, team leads are just as bad or even worse. They dont Care at all about the employees, I got a bad injury there and they insinuated that I got hurt at home and not there.no good raises and a $25 gift card for your Christmas bonus. For all the work you put in that job, sweating getting hurt you'd think they'd reward better but no they dont. Words can't describe how bad this place is.
Pros
Paid every week
Best job
Delivery Driver at 1924 Jumper Rd Salina, KS (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 14, 2017
This was one of the better jobs I've ever had. The hours weren't the best but the pay and the benefits well made up for the lack of off time. Thank you for reading.
Terrible Place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 14, 2017
The middle management is horrible to deal with and the turn over is higher than anywhere else I have been. The pay does not match the work that is expected to be done. Most people work long hours off the clock,
Great group of guys and staff
District Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 10, 2017
great place to work, install new accounts, meet great people out in the field. some drivers have been doing this job a little to long and you can tell that their burned out
Decent place to work minus management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2017
The work itself is easy if everybody do their part. Management is incompetent/weak and has no idea of how to treat or manage their employees. They show favoritism, micromanage and indulge in workplace drama. Co-workers were​ not appreciated for their work and efforts.
Pros
Hours, Schedule, Monthly Meetings, co-workers
Cons
Management, Pay, No room for advancement
Good company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 8, 2017
Quality service that employee a lot of hard working people. They are growing into a large company, but has the founding family still running the company. That helps keep the small company feel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.