UniFirst Employee Reviews

Good place to work, I gained great knowledge through work experience with unifiers.
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2015
Through my work experience with Unifirst, I learned about customer service, and how the laundry industry works. My coworkers and managers were very helpful and fun to work with. A typical day was an early start, service your accounts, address any issues, unload and reload your truck for the next day. I really enjoyed driving and making my customers happy. The hardest part of the job was learning a lot at once.
Pros
commission, paid vacation, sick, and holidays, and other great benefits
Cons
constant changes
Hostile Work Environment.
RSR (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 14, 2016
Employee wise, if you made it to a year service you were considered lucky. Have to take work home every day, as company was short staffed because employees getting fired daily.
Pros
.You're pretty much on your own.
Cons
Homework daily/ no guidance.
Management is terrible
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 10, 2016
They expect you to do so much for so little and you rarely ever get any recognition for the hard work you do. The managers lack communication between each other and employees. Everybody does what they want and say what they want to the managers. Drama is always a problem and management does nothing about it. They preach unity and team work but when it comes to actually putting it to play nobody is on the same page!
Pros
work schedule and hours
Cons
Poor management
stay away
Manager (Current Employee) –  usaDecember 5, 2015
could be a great place to work if everyone did their job and worked together as a team. a lot of the people are great to work with but are expected to do more than possible to do in a given day without any additional compensation.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of high up management involvement
Upper Management does not have a clue
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 13, 2015
As an Outside Sales Rep with more than 20 years of experience I was treated like someone fresh out of high school who had never even sold pizza's for a fund raiser. Although their training is extensive (and the message is good) it is OVERKILL. Then you spend 3-4 days in the office on the phone making cold calls. As an outside sales person that time is more productive in the field face to face. On top of that I had a Branch Manager who never sold squat, learned all he knew about sales from reading books; had no sense of CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever. Our turnover in sales people and Sales Managers was ridicules (Had 3 sales managers while I was there in 4 months) yet the same Branch Mgr. (maybe he was the problem) All I can say is STAY AWAY!
Pros
Good training if you don't know how to sell
Cons
Lots see my comments

Comment – September 4, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We believe there’s A LOT of new information to learn at the start of ANY new career. Whether you’ve been in Sales for years or are brand new, the uniform industry is one of America’s best kept secrets (and we’re not sure why). That being said, there is so much to learn about our industry, products, and our specific Sales Process that most likely differs from what you’ve experienced in other Sales Careers. In fact, even our direct competitors Sell differently than we do! And the truth is we want you to use our Sales Process, not ones you’ve learned from other companies, as we’ve found it to be successful in our industry. And frankly, we agree with you. The majority of your time SHOULD be spent out in the field meeting with Prospects. However, the telephone is your most valuable tool in setting a large quantity of Appointments and if you don’t have enough Appointments on the books, a Manager may have you stick around to make more dials to make the best use of your time.

Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 13, 2016
Worked here many years, enjoyed my time with UniFirst and the opportunities it had given me. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a career building opportunity.
lots of great co workers and i enjoyed the hours and the benefits
Account Manager / Administration (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, AlNovember 9, 2015
i worked for this company for 5 years until they were sold and they brought in their own employees. i handled all customer service relations, set up new accounts and routed the drivers for the days work.
Pros
great hours, hour lunches, benefits
Cons
some co workers were stealing from company, there was a lot of sneaky things going on at that time the mgnt team
Micro management at its finest
Production staff (Current Employee) –  LubbockJuly 6, 2015
As with most companies each location is only as good as its management. The location in Lubbock, Tx is one that has serious issues... Facility is out of date and broke half of time and G.M. doesn't want to spend money to repair. Yet expects production as if plant was brand new. G.M. is a super micro manager and doesn't try to develop employees. Since I have worked at this location I have seen 4 production managers, 4 maintenance managers, at least 15 sales reps, and over 200 hourly employees.... yet the same G.M.??? This location is one to stay definitely away from....
Pros
Cons
Poor pay and raises, poor working conditions, expectations, management

Comment – January 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. While we hope to minimize turnover, like with any business, it does happen. Some people find out this career is not for them and decide to move on, others may not meet the requirements of the position, and others get promoted and advance their careers. At UniFirst, we have an open-door policy with our Management Teams. If a Team Partner believes we can improve in any part our business, they are to share those ideas. Every Location has a Suggestion Program which rewards employees if ideas are implemented. We also have a Lunch with the Leader program where Team Partners are provided lunch and an opportunity to speak with the Location Manager. If you feel improvements can be made, help provide solutions. It very well may benefit your career moving forward!

Opportunity to see new places and meet Key Individuals at many different companies.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Fls, WIAugust 4, 2016
This company has always been good to me but that trust and respect was earned through my time working here. I enjoyed seeing the procedures at many different companies and establishing relationships with many new people in charge at these companies.
Unfortunately, a lot of issues that arise can be completely out of your hands to solve so if you are a person who enjoys providing excellent service like myself, often times you may feel helpless when trying to take care of issues that regard other departments at this company.
I enjoy being in able to make my own decisions on route which is encouraged; they use the phrase "you're your own boss" once you leave the office so it is good to handle things in a way best for yourself and the customer .
My problem is that this company can get very busy or caught up in certain staffing issues that you may not find much time to meet with your managers to aid you with some of your issues. It is urged that many of these things are taken care of by the route drivers themselves so whether they are right or wrong, the choice is your on how to handle an issue.
Pros
Lots of experience to gain and relationships to be made, chance to be your own boss, no strict schedule, always ways to make additional cash
Cons
Labor intensive, lack of management.
Stockroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 31, 2016
I have worked for this company for over 10 years, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was relocating, I would not leave. I have had 3 children while working here, and they have worked my schedule to fit with the hours of my daycare provider. I have learned time management and how to handle difficult employee situations. I have definitely enjoyed the relationships that I made during my time here with current co-workers as well as past co-workers.
Productive, Results Orientated Environment
Sales Manager (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2015
Great company to begin a sales career with. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and lucrative compensation offered.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Industry
Decent training program with a solid compensation package. High turn over, no support (leads, leadership, opportunity).
Green Guard First Aid (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAJuly 13, 2016
A solid company to work for if your looking for sales experience, but not a company you can have a career with. Very cut throat business and a tough market to stick around in.
Productive and overall great pace to work!
Sale's Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 27, 2016
While in the office I would do cold call, calling different company's trying to get appointment's. Out of the office I drove throughout highlands county stopping at any business I could and setting up appointments. I enjoyed meeting many different people, earning their respect. The worst part of the job is driving due to wear and tear of my vehicle, and having such a small territory. Over all the people and company I've worked for, for the past 10 years has been such a pleasure.
Pros
meeting many people
Cons
driving, and small territory
Flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2016
Three days in the field, two days in office, New sales team with new sales management. All sales are focused on one time deals, no account management for sales reps. Accounts typically run 3-5 year contracts so have to find accounts at the right time to sell
Pros
self-reliability
Cons
healthcare
You work mostly on your own
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 13, 2016
It's Monday-Friday work, The people are nice and the company is easy to work for. You can advance. The tough part of the job is heavy work loading mats. Sometimes you don't see too many co-workers as everyone has their own schedule. That is one of the good parts of the job. I like doing my own schedule and working outside.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
It gets hot as you are in and out of the truck all day
Productive, Fast Pace enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2016
It was a good place to work since there were multiple tasks and jobs to complete through out the day resulting in each day being different and not the same. Example is one day you may have a lot of uniforms or mats to clean but the next day you may have a lot more towels to clean and mop heads due to the drivers routes for the day.
great company to work for
CSR, Seamstress, Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 17, 2016
You have a good day at work and they make it fun so that it goes fast. weekends off. Very different people to work with. Daily help if necessary. Good management group.
Pros
no weekend works hardly
What Business Should Be Like
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 1, 2016
A Company stared by people that had been on the from lines of the wireless communications business before it was a business. The leaders of this company carried about its customers and its employees in every way. A truly great place to work and a shame that there aren't to many businesses like this left in todays marketplace.
Pros
Perfect
Cons
Cant name one.
great benefits and pay
DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
i learned to manage people and how to deal with different personalities and how to approach each situation with and open heart and mind.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work to many long hours
Hard work but a job nonetheless
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJuly 5, 2016
It was a difficult job with the work environment. Hanging clothes is not as easy as they make it out to be. They are always in need of employees. Overall it was not a bad place to work, it had its ups and downs but the management was courteous to say the least