UniFirst Employee Reviews

Management is terrible
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 10, 2016
They expect you to do so much for so little and you rarely ever get any recognition for the hard work you do. The managers lack communication between each other and employees. Everybody does what they want and say what they want to the managers. Drama is always a problem and management does nothing about it. They preach unity and team work but when it comes to actually putting it to play nobody is on the same page!
Pros
work schedule and hours
Cons
Poor management
Excellent management support
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 9, 2016
This location has an amazing management team!
I have worked at 2 different locations in this company and this team is fabulous. The support is there, they want you to succeed. I have been extremely impressed with the Chattanooga team and can't wait to see what the future holds for us all
Typical Laundry
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2016
Advertise a Maintenance Supervisor position available with a very brief description of the duties.
When interviewing for the position, they describe the total responsibilities of a maintenance manager. They will tell you that as well. He said that you will be responsible for the entire maintenance department to include everything inside and outside the building. Not to mention the admin responsibilities of the plant and tech's.
All of the maintenance managers responsibilities at a supervisors salary of which is non-negotiable.
Why don't they do the same for their General Manager or Plant Manager?
They need to look up the definition of a salary blue collar worker with the Dept. of Labor.
Stay Away
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, NJJune 7, 2016
This place doesn't even pay ,what fast food restaurants pay.The other employees don't never seem to be happy.The work isn't too hard though,but the pay is basically for high school students working during the summer.Please apply as a last resort.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay
Great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2016
Great company. I decided to pursue other interests outside of the uniform rental industry.Would recommend this corporation to candidates new to the sales or marketing industry.
lies and company doesnt care. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER!
production (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 6, 2016
Worst place ever! You bust your butt off for peanuts while the management get allll the bonuses. Alot of empty promises, tjey work you like a slave and get raises of only .08-.25. and you get worked like a slave! And that thing that says you are family, is a bunch of bull. Youre just a number
Pros
over time
Cons
everything
Stockroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 31, 2016
I have worked for this company for over 10 years, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was relocating, I would not leave. I have had 3 children while working here, and they have worked my schedule to fit with the hours of my daycare provider. I have learned time management and how to handle difficult employee situations. I have definitely enjoyed the relationships that I made during my time here with current co-workers as well as past co-workers.
Completely stressful
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 30, 2016
I worked with a great management team willing to help in any way possible. But it is a very, very challenging job. Constant turnover. Every business you go to is either already in a contract, not willing to talk with you, or just plain rude because they get sick of sales reps constantly bugging them. If that's not the case, and you feel you have a fighting chance with a big sized company, think again. Chances are their headquarters is in another state and "they don't make the decisions at this location" or a national sales rep handles the account leaving you high and dry stuck to dealing with small auto repair garages, etc...making you very, very little money. It was the easiest, yet without a doubt the most stressful job I've ever had.
Pros
The freedom of planning your own day, management always willing to help.
Cons
Constant stress, limited accounts depending on territory, unable to sell to money accounts because they are corporate limiting your potential.
Great Place with Great People
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 25, 2016
This is a great place to work. Management is always making sure that you are set up to do your very best and helping you to prosper. Everyone that works there genuinely cares about one another which makes work that much more enjoyable. The benefits are great and I am still able to have a healthy work/life balance.
Very uncomfortable environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon, PAMay 24, 2016
This place offers nothing but grown adults who act like children in a schoolyard.....management is the worst they offer no help with any situations and are the worst gossipers...WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA
Pros
Overtime
Cons
The staff
Really good place to work
Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2016
Fast pace work like the environment. Delivering product all over the globe. Being able to put 100% in what I do at all times.
Odessa,Tx plant needs help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 8, 2016
Managment Team in Odessa,Tx unorganized, low in pay, written up for anything lots of Favotrtism in workplace. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Too much gossip daily thats not controlled. That place need many Trainings to include Managment and supervisory. If youhave a DWI your good, no problem !
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaged by one manager ..
Factory work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with everyone worked really hard at there job. The higher-ups pushed numbers and encouraged us to be at a consistent fast pace. The heat of the factory was a bit much to handle in the summer time but staff hydrated us well and gave breaks when they were needed.
Horrible place to work with job threatens everyday
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2016
With all do respect, this was the worst company I have ever worked for. I am fairly experienced in sales, and the only people who may actually succeed are the lucky ones - no sales rep while I worked here was successful- NOT ONE.

This is a sinking ship. If you want an in between job, then this may be for you. Overall, there are no opportunities to grow your sales career.

Management is used to turnover so they simply just don't care- it's only a matter of time until they give up anyway.
Pros
Free breakfasts every now and then
Cons
Bad management, dishonest/unethical way of selling, very outdated sales system
Great leadership with many opportunities to grow professionally
Logistics and Industrial Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KyApril 28, 2016
I was fortunate in that my supervisors and managers ensured that I was exposed to enormously beneficial professional experiences while interning at Unifirst. Great office environment!!
Very confusing with the managment in place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 27, 2016
Not a very smart person in charge of the Boise locations, I would advise to not work for this current persons/person in place. Beware of the 2 faced management team.
Great Company with good benefits
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Unifirst. They have profit sharing, company matched 401k, decent insurance, tuition reimbursement, and promotes and trains within the company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Providing uniform services to various customers
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 25, 2016
Lots of driving required and interaction with customers to ensure quality of product and presentation of clean uniforms and mats
Great Entry Level Sales Position
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILApril 25, 2016
Decent pay, competitive market, great training, ability to move up in management. Managers are willing to help you when needed. Customer are however hesitant to sign 5 year contracts which is expected due to industry standard.
Pros
Training, decent work/life balance
Cons
Clients do not like 5 year contracts - which is industry standard
Do not work here
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego Naval Station, CAApril 16, 2016
This company is not very good in my opinion, the hours are extremely long and all you get paid for is your commision. when working for commission you never have a steady pay check. The trucks that the would offer us constantly broke down and would take the mechanic they had almost 2-3 to get to you and get you back up and running. The company didn't care if you broke down as long as you finished the route. When it came down to the management it was even worse, instead of them trying to help you they would embarrassed you and belittle you.

There were some good thing. The offer great medical, 401k, and vacation.
Pros
THEY DO GROUP ACTIVITIES, GOOD UNIFORMS, POTENTIAL ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT
Cons
LONG HRS, NOT ENOUGH PAY, THE TRUCKS THEY SUPPLY YOU WITH CONSTANTLY BREAK DOWN, MANAGEMENT IS GARBAGE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.