Uniform Advantage Employee Reviews in United States

satisfactory
Picker / Shipper (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 3, 2015
The day starts with every worker knowing what is suppose to start for the day.
I have learned how different personalities of persons both on the good and bad side. Also it has also been a great experience to work this job lovely.
Well, management is up and coming where I think motivation is low. In the floor of work, favoritism is rampant where all workers are supposed to work the same but in terms of payment becomes unequal even if it is brought to attention.
At my department, walking is the hardest part.
All co-worker are lovely, smile but some tries to spoil names in order to fill ones position of working.
Most enjoyable part is making myself happy regardless of work situations and sometimes occasions are recognized by worker e.g. mother's days and father's days etc.
Pros
spring lunch
Cons
poor communication from superiors
Great company with lots of opportunity to grow
Director of Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Plantation FLApril 29, 2015
Fun, relaxed and family like atmosphere. The company is growing rapidly, thus a great place to bring new ideas and visions in play. Some of the best co-workers I have worked with. The hardest part is also the most enjoyable part of the job as it is creating a work life balance since there is so much to do and I am excited to be part of such opportunity.
Pros
Fun, Relaxed, Family like Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Mentoring and Team Building exercises
Pretty fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
It was a good place to work. The management staff was very helpful when I had a question. Not knowing beforehand about secret shoppers was confusing.
A work place where you feel like home.
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 29, 2015
As a member of the UA team for three years, I have loved every moment there! The tight knit feel that you get from the small store is amazing. Even though the company is corporate based, the feel of the store does not feel that way it is very family ordinated, and honestly a great place for beginners into the work force to work.
A great place to work if you are there long term.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 14, 2014
Uniform advantage is a great place to work if you are planning on being there for a long time. I was there nearly a year and there was not much upward movement as the company is still small (it is growing) and many of the people who are there have been there a fairly long time. So moving upward takes time, but there is room for growth as sales have been steadily growing and new positions are created from time to time. The culture is great- the employees are generally very motivated, upbeat, and eager to improve the company's product. Many of the changes made to the business were employee driven as upper management is very open to employee suggestions and ideas.
Specialized retail store
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 16, 2015
Very fast paced and busy continuously. Specialized in medical uniforms. Stocking and receiving Monday through Friday but not enough space to display all product.
Unhappy
Embroidery Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 6, 2015
Embroidery manager speak awful to us, threating job daily. just disrespectful. This job just make everyone uncomfortable
Favoritism and unprofessional Supervisor and Lead
Returns Department (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GADecember 25, 2014
Supervisor and Lead show favoritism. Only certain people in the department are held accountable for their mistakes. Employees belittle and talk negatively about others. The atmosphere in the Returns Department is really bad for new employees. The new employees do all the work while the vets laugh and talk all day. The vets know how to make it look like they are meeting productivity when really they are not. Once you figure this out they find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
favoritism, bullying, supervisor and lead with no people skills
A team work enviroment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Always arriving early to make sure you are ready to start the day.

Get involved with special projects.

Manage your time.

Be a team player.
Pros
always arrive before your scheduled work time.
Cons
employees being late and absent.
The customers were friendly , greeting and making people smile was my best accomplishment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2013
Getting to work before opening the store and get the merchandise all prepared for the customers . That a smile and kind words can make someones day. The manager was fair at times . but don't have an illness of any kind , because she will still consider you to work .Co-workers were hard workers , we all helped each other out no matter the situation. Is to not feel acknowledged of my work performance by the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is when at the end of the close the store was all nice and tidy for the next day of work .
Pros
smiling, satisfied customers
Cons
not enough breaks
A positive environment.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNAugust 29, 2013
Working at Uniform Advantage was relaxing, meaning there wasn't a set time for projects to be finished. It was easy going and my co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was nothing difficult about the job. The best part about working there was being in a nice enough environment where everyone could get along.
Pros
being able to help with the uniform show.
Cons
when the uniform show was over and my services were no longer needed.
Uniform advantage
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 10, 2012
It was a wonderful day @ work. I also learned alot the management team was excellent and the co workes was wonderful there were no hard part of the job and the enjoyable about the job was coming to work everyday and work with the staff
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no cons
Great environment to work
Art Department - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 18, 2012
Most of the time I worked in the Customer Service Department solving customer uniform inquiries, taking medical uniforms orders and resolving uniform returns.
Likewise, I worked in the Marketing Department entering the inventory in the computer system and formulating a description for each of the uniforms in the company's website.
As well, I worked in the Art Department helping with the print design of the medical uniforms.
Productive and fun workplace just needs better pay!
Embroidery Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 15, 2012
Friendly environment and workers. If you like doing repetitve work, then its the job for you. Embroidery Supervisor really nice and caring. Management is good. Really not a hard job once you learn what you need to know.
Hard work job
Traveling Manager Uniform Advantage (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleJuly 1, 2012
I starterd by my schedule sometimes in the morning or afternoons. The fisrt step was to receive teh cash make sure it was complete, check the orders if we have received all of them on time and call customers. Customer service on floor, complaints and solving the problems. Inventories once in 3 months.
Pros
good customer service, bonus
Cons
almost not breaks
Growning
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 2, 2012
Management is the best
I learn a ton of Customer service skills
My Co Workers are all positive in enjoyable to work with
Cons
short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PlanationJuly 12, 2012
I like the fact that they were a catalog company for an industry that I once performed duties in. I like majority of the staff and I learn not to seperate staff from coporate if they are within the same location.
Pros
customer apprecitation day
Cons
customer service levels could be better
It's an easy job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 20, 2012
Easy place to work for and you fire yourself. The management can suck at time and also does no work at all.
Fun place to work, the store manager was the best!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 12, 2012
Was always a pleasure to come to work. My co workers and manager were always cooperative and fun to work with, we worked hard as a team. My retail knowledge expanded greatly and I learned to mechendice a bit more.
Pros
co workers and store manager
Great ownership
Risk Management Associate / Operations (Current Employee) –  plantaion FlOctober 23, 2012
great ownership but very little room to grow. a typical day at work includes running reports for loss as well as keeping up company rules and regulations.
While at UA i learned alot of operational functions as well as other useful information
Pros
alot of travel
Cons
wages