UniGroup, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company, Poor Management
Associate Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 14, 2015
The company was a fun company to work for. I enjoyed the atmosphere. However, my direct Manager and Sr Manager were not good at managing. I think this could be a good company to work for, but the department I worked in lacked significant direction from management.
Pros
Enjoyable Atmosphere and Co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Great job wonderful people
Senior Special Commodities Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 9, 2015
Processed claims for 11 years
Two years doing military claims, and 9 doing special commodity.
This was a fast paced, time sensitive job.
Involved a lot of customer, agent, driver interaction.
I learned a lot of my computer skills at this job which carried over to my future positions
Pros
Great manager/ lunch break perks
Working with UniGroup, Inc.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 25, 2015
A typical day at UniGroup started at 8am. As I logged into my computer emails with documents requested the day before come in. Everyone that walks past is smiling and greets you with Good Morning! As the day progresses being able to multitask and prioritize is KEY. While this is probably the hardest part it of the job, for me, was also the most enjoyable part.
Run away as fast as you can
Relocation management specialist (Former Employee) –  FentonAugust 1, 2015
I worked in government transportation department for 2 yrs and hated it. Horrible management with no support, guilty till proven innocent mentality, high turnover, and lack of respect. There is absolutely no room for advancement unless you know someone. Politics runs the company
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
Average company to work for
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 14, 2015
Before I get to work in the mornings, I prepare myself on what I plan to get accomplished on any given day.

My duties are to enter invoices that are received on a daily basis, into our accounting program within five business days of receipt.
I am able to complete my invoice entry and other related client information within eight hours.

I learned to be a team player
Assist those who needed extra training as training was part of my job description.
I gained excellent customer rapport with my clients within the company.

I have had various supervisors throughout my time at Unigroup. Some really great supervisors and some that needed assistance, but in the end, the deadlines were always being met.

The hardest part of the job is advising someone they did someone wrong on entry and having to deal with their comments back to me, if they take it offensively.

The best part of the job and my co-workers are two of the same; I've formed many friendships over the years and even though some left on their own to other adventures, we have remained good friends.
Pros
Formed good friendships with co-workers
Cons
Minimal bonuses for experience
I am a dedicated hard worker.
Intl./ Dom Freight Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fenton MOApril 24, 2015
Appreciating an employee or co-worker is just as important as achieving good customer service.
The hardest part of job is to explain to customer why their expectation can not be met due to uncontrollable issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was being successful in a very challenging situation or expectation from customer.
Pros
Holiday Pay, Vacation &/or Comp days, Health Benefits, 401K, Advancement
Cons
Lack of Health Benefits or advancement.
Do not work here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2014
Do not work here. I had a temp to hire position here and the bottom line is they do not support their employees; everyone has been there for 100 years and no changes are taking place. Everyone is stuck on 33 rpm. Very outdated and very political. I can see this company closing their doors within the next 5 years. No mentoring whatsoever, a very outdated work environment and salary is a joke.
Worst place ever to work.
Cargo Calims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MoAugust 11, 2012
Friendly co-workers the claims department had a massive layoff. Must laid off had ten or more years with the company. The supervisors are unfair and play the blame game. The workload is very high and the pay sucks. This company was a great place to work ten years ago; Now the company is focused on increasing profits with as few adjusters as possible.The worst place ever to work!
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
workload is very high and the pay sucks
Poor business model, Low morale
operations (Former Employee) –  st louisApril 3, 2013
Served in this organization for fifteen years. Diligence, loyalty and lots of overtime go unappreciated and unrewarded. Compensation is sub par and benefits are middle of the road.
Management is politically motivated by Executive agenda to serve only the stockholders. Company mobilization of strategy and growth goals are sluggish due to staunch conservatism and penny pinching.
Money matters here, employees do not and customers have a tendency to be one timers. The service speaks volumes about this company.
Pros
lots of charity drives for the united way
Cons
lots of charity drives for the united way
Wish I was still working at UniGroup, loved working there. Everyone friendly and great to work with in the company.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMay 29, 2012
Normal multi-tasking day at work. Dealt with outside clients as well in the Logistics Department. I started in the IT Department. Everyone is willing to associate together, whether upper management or co-workers.
Pros
environment, benefits
Cons
not working there any longer.
Enjoyable work environment and employee appreciation
Government Transportation Department (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 13, 2013
I worked here temporarily and really enjoyed it. When I left, I missed it! I got a sense of the culture and work environment (and benefits) during my time there - I would view it as an ideal place to work in the area.
Pros
on-site gym, cafeteria, overall positive employer/employee attitude, regular hours
Very Productive
Domestic and International Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 7, 2013
Great with contributing to continuing education
Work Atmosphere was relaxing
Fitness Center and Nutritionist handy at the office
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others solve their problems and presenting research to upper management
Worst place I ever worked
Relocation Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 7, 2014
Too many managers, not enough worker bees. Don't believe in their open door policy, they will make sure to go cover up what really happened and make you go away. Pay is horrible, benefits ok.
Rewarding fun workplace environment
Lead Safety Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 12, 2012
Very rewarding and fun workplace. Went home with a satisfied feeling of customer service.
Pros
agency interaction, benefits, cafeteria, workout facility, security
Cons
job security
Productive and pleasant
IT/ QM Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2013
UniGroup has family oriented environment which increases productivity

35 - 40 year anniversaries are constantly celebrated, employees are appreciated.
Pros
enjoy work and environment
Working here at Unigroup
NVOCC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 19, 2012
Good in that it allows a steady schedule and has benefits that aren't monetary. Salary, however, isn't the greatest, and sometimes employees are unappreciated for their efforts.
An unfortunate lack of focus where the rubber meets the road.
Contractor (Owner/Operator) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 21, 2013
As a former contractor, I experienced a lack of support when trying to live up to corporate expectations. During the busy season (summer), the labor was horrible, and that presented a problem with quality control. Often times, I'd come to find that a shuttle was necessary, which should have been determined by the designated agent. They were also deceitful when posting big line hauls, that shouldn't have included an escrow amount. Then, there were the claims! No matter how good I wrote my descriptive inventory, and handled the customers goods, the corporate account customers were always right when it came to a scratch or a ding. Of course, that ruins a driver's performance record, and eventually you lose the opportunity to haul good loads.
I know this sounds like a lot of griping, and other large moving companies are probably the same way. Nevertheless, I brought these matters directly to Unigroup executives, and I suggested how they might fix those problems, but each time I did, I got no response, except for some sympathetic head shakes and shoulder shrugs. There's an old saying; "don't defficate where you eat," and that is my final suggestion to Unigroup, Inc.
Pros
sharing stories with people, and traveling throughout the land.
Cons
a lack of respect from colleagues, and unpleasant surprises on settlement statements.

2.9