UniGroup, Inc

UniGroup, Inc Employer Reviews

Worst place I ever worked
Relocation Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fenton, MONovember 7, 2014
Too many managers, not enough worker bees. Don't believe in their open door policy, they will make sure to go cover up what really happened and make you go away. Pay is horrible, benefits ok.
An unfortunate lack of focus where the rubber meets the road.
Contractor (Owner/Operator) (Former Employee), Fenton, MOAugust 21, 2013
Pros: sharing stories with people, and traveling throughout the land.
Cons: a lack of respect from colleagues, and unpleasant surprises on settlement statements.
As a former contractor, I experienced a lack of support when trying to live up to corporate expectations. During the busy season (summer), the labor was horrible, and that presented a problem with quality control. Often times, I'd come to find that a shuttle was necessary, which should have been determined by the designated agent. They were also deceitful – more... when posting big line hauls, that shouldn't have included an escrow amount. Then, there were the claims! No matter how good I wrote my descriptive inventory, and handled the customers goods, the corporate account customers were always right when it came to a scratch or a ding. Of course, that ruins a driver's performance record, and eventually you lose the opportunity to haul good loads.
I know this sounds like a lot of griping, and other large moving companies are probably the same way. Nevertheless, I brought these matters directly to Unigroup executives, and I suggested how they might fix those problems, but each time I did, I got no response, except for some sympathetic head shakes and shoulder shrugs. There's an old saying; "don't defficate where you eat," and that is my final suggestion to Unigroup, Inc. – less
Enjoyable work environment and employee appreciation
Government Transportation Department (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJune 13, 2013
Pros: on-site gym, cafeteria, overall positive employer/employee attitude, regular hours
I worked here temporarily and really enjoyed it. When I left, I missed it! I got a sense of the culture and work environment (and benefits) during my time there - I would view it as an ideal place to work in the area.
Productive and pleasant
IT/ QM Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2013
Pros: enjoy work and environment
UniGroup has family oriented environment which increases productivity

35 - 40 year anniversaries are constantly celebrated, employees are appreciated.
Poor business model, Low morale
operations (Former Employee), st louisApril 3, 2013
Pros: lots of charity drives for the united way
Cons: lots of charity drives for the united way
Served in this organization for fifteen years. Diligence, loyalty and lots of overtime go unappreciated and unrewarded. Compensation is sub par and benefits are middle of the road.
Management is politically motivated by Executive agenda to serve only the stockholders. Company mobilization of strategy and growth goals are sluggish due to staunch conservatism – more... and penny pinching.
Money matters here, employees do not and customers have a tendency to be one timers. The service speaks volumes about this company. – less
Very Productive
Domestic and International Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 7, 2013
Great with contributing to continuing education
Work Atmosphere was relaxing
Fitness Center and Nutritionist handy at the office
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others solve their problems and presenting research to upper management
Rewarding fun workplace environment
Lead Safety Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Fenton, MOOctober 12, 2012
Pros: agency interaction, benefits, cafeteria, workout facility, security
Cons: job security
Very rewarding and fun workplace. Went home with a satisfied feeling of customer service.
Worst place ever to work.
Cargo Calims Adjuster II (Former Employee), Fenton, MoAugust 11, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: workload is very high and the pay sucks
Friendly co-workers the claims department had a massive layoff. Must laid off had ten or more years with the company. The supervisors are unfair and play the blame game. The workload is very high and the pay sucks. This company was a great place to work ten years ago; Now the company is focused on increasing profits with as few adjusters as possible.The – more... worst place ever to work! – less
Working here at Unigroup
NVOCC Coordinator (Current Employee), Fenton, MOJuly 19, 2012
Good in that it allows a steady schedule and has benefits that aren't monetary. Salary, however, isn't the greatest, and sometimes employees are unappreciated for their efforts.
Wish I was still working at UniGroup, loved working there. Everyone friendly and great to work with in the company.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fenton, MOMay 29, 2012
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: not working there any longer.
Normal multi-tasking day at work. Dealt with outside clients as well in the Logistics Department. I started in the IT Department. Everyone is willing to associate together, whether upper management or co-workers.