Unilever Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 1, 2016
The culture is great and the company does fun things for their employees. The management and HR are horrible though. You are never working hard enough or doing enough for anyone there. They like 22yo's and like to groom them so managers are 26 and have zero management or life experience. They are all about the metrics not having a happy work/life balance.
Pros
company store
Cons
management, no raises, bad balance between work/home life
productive and fun environment
Data Entry Technician/Research Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 18, 2016
fun fun fun place to work. Lots of challenges, if I had a question, someone was always there to assist. Great place to work.
I wished I had stayed living in NJ, I would have loved to retire from this company.
Good Place to develop your career
FP&A Director (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 16, 2016
Scope of roles have great depth and breath.
Colleagues & Work Environment are positive nature
Good Products and Innovation pipeline
Great Diverse Culture
Pros
Great People, Great Opportunities
Cons
Not Applicable
Stressful and hectic
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 16, 2016
Too much to accommodate within a small amount of time, pushing one to either work consistently during off-work hours or fall behind.

Lack of appreciation for work done stemming from a fundamental lack of understanding of effort involved in accomplishing tasks.
Great first shift hours.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2016
Cleaning offices the hardest part of the job climbing three flights of stairs 8 to 10 times a day. the most rewarding part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working 3 weekends a month
Good
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CTNovember 14, 2016
I liked working for the time I'm working
Good Person's And I learned a lot for My supervisors
The Good Crew and Support the staff
Poor managent/HR
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 13, 2016
I've worked at Unilever JC for 17 years. It was a good place to work up until the last 4 years. New management & HR sucked the happiness from lower managemt & production. Poor raises like 1%, or none at all. Health insurance is at an all time high, making it difficult to takie family members to Dr. Point system : 8 in one year, getting point for being one minute late. Even if your in a car accident. Better be on time if the roads are ice covered, no lea way at all. 4 years ago, they would work with you on issues such as these. Running lines under staffed is almost an everyday thing. Making it a risk to work safely. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Company store
Cons
Heath insurance
Happy Love
Manufacturing Manager Packaging, Independence, MO (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 6, 2016
My name is peter pan and this site requires a test. So I will type a long winded sentence talking about how things could always be better.

I was happy getting a job with unilever then depressed by how silly things can get.
Pros
love life
Cons
found my wife
A pleasure to work with.
Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 4, 2016
I have no complaints working with Unilever It has been a pleasure to work for this staffing company. Manpower has open plenty of doors for me making sure I get sufficient pay, a good working experience and have made me feel valuable as a worker.
Pros
Great pay and much moral support.
Cons
n/a
Well it was work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 3, 2016
I really dont disapprove of Unilever, but I dont really recommend it. The turnover rate is outstanding. The people are okay, but the wear and tear this job puts on your body is unbearable. Great experience though.
Managers were great for the most part.
Soft Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 28, 2016
It was a union job so all the eeoc laws were enforced.

Nothing is perfect, but this was not far from it.

Safety meetings were regular. Seniority was used to before skills but this meant an opportunity for advancement was offered but not given. If the person failed that tests, the next level of seniority was then given a chance.
Pros
good salary for the work
Cons
Older rooted employees felt entitled to be pricks from time to time.
Poor Training along with Poor Management
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 14, 2016
The human resources department is horrible. They never have an answer to a question. The job itself didn't seem too difficult but the employees made it so. They weren't welcoming of direct hires and would love to always sit back and watch you fail. I left due to medical reasons and was let go. In some way I've never been so happy to be fired from a job!
Pros
Good Pay, Uniforms, 9% 401k match
Cons
Lack of Management, Training
Beautiful campus, diverse group of co-workers
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs NJOctober 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Unilever. Beautiful campus and a diverse population of employees. I was lucky to have a manager that encouraged and supported me in my work.
Productive and challenging place to work
Maintenance Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 10, 2016
Work day goes by very fast with keeping equipment running and performing maintenance on equipment. Very positive work environment and extremely clean facility.
Pros
Hot lunch cafeteria, positive culture and attitudes
Cons
Long days/nights working 12hr shift
Fast paced challenging work environment
Was ESH manager, presently semi-retired (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
Challenging opportunities in the field of foodservice and retail production. Always changing to keep pace with markets. Wide spectrum packaging and formulation processes.
Pros
Retail store
Cons
Long hours - many weekends
Very productive and positive work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 29, 2016
Even though i work 3rd shift, everyone still comes in with a positive ready to work attitude. Mostly every Unilever employee is willing to help in their own way.
Pros
They have flexable working hours
Cons
They are a bit unorganized at times
Unilever was also fun place to work at. There was opportunity for advancement for young scientists, which was based on performance.
Senior Development Chemist and Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Unilever was my first job. I began in Q.C. since there were no openings in R&D. However, the learning form my Q.C. experience helped me more effectively commercialize products that I developed as member of R&D group. I had the opportunity to work on consumer products related to both skin and hair. For my advancement, I was given the opportunity to take a substantial number of professional courses, which helped me advance my career. This additional knowledge also benefitted the company, because I was able to develop more advanced and innovative products, which met/ exceeded consumer needs and expectations.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, advance and get promoted. People and culture was great.
Cons
Overall benefits, physical environment was deplorable
Strong performing company. Opportunity for advancement of you do well and are mobile.
Director (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 22, 2016
I would recommend for anyone who wants to be part of a large global organization. To advance beyond manager level the competition is strong and you really need to be flexible on location. Need to be ready to stay 3-5 yrs and move on. Proud to work for a company which invests in our society.
Money making potential...but NO outside life.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 20, 2016
I was hired here just 6 months ago being told that the work schedule was a 12 hour day with 3 days on & 4 off one week & then 4 days on & 3 off the next. Occasional overtime would be posted to cover vacations & such as needed. This was an outright lie. Yes we do work 12 hours, may be forced to a 16 hour shift with almost no notice & you get 1 day off on a long week & 2 non consecutive days off on the short week. I work anywhere between 60 & 80 hours each week. This has taken a severe toll on my family life & health. The work itself isn't too bad but the hours & no set time off make it impossible to do anything but go to work.
Pros
The job itself isn't that taxing
Cons
Constantly short staffed. It is intended. That is the business model.
A Top-Notch Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Home office basedSeptember 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Great product line. I enjoyed my time with the company. It is a very professional organization with a great management team. The benefit package was amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2