Unilever Employee Reviews in United States

great job
sr automation engineer (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNMay 28, 2016
Great place to work, good atmosphere generally
too many meetings for my liking. Very inexperienced management crew. the top management is very capable.
the techs are very capable and will do just about anything I ask of them. Hardest part of the job is getting called in on breakdowns at 2:00am or on the weekends due to lack of techs.
Best part of the job is the ice cream.
Pros
good benifits, free ice cream, climate controlled, clean and safe
Cons
too many meetings, sometimes they would rather talk about it rather than fix the problem
Good Corporation
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  USAMay 10, 2016
All in all this is a wonderful place to work. I know tons of people who have worked at Unilever for 20+ years and are still enjoying it. My own personal situation at Unilever is in an analytical laboratory which is fantastic, but stagnant. I do have a fantastic job with great benefits, most of the people are pleasant and accommodating, but it varies from area to area.
Pros
Flexible hours, large company so places to move around for the most part
Cons
My area is stagnant
Great place location not so good
Technician, Stability2009-Current (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 5, 2016
Typical work day, I would prepare samples for stability testing, Evaluate samples and enter data into system. Order supplies for lab an office area. Set up all meetings for the team as well as take note and send out actions to co workers.
Management some good some not so good. Goes with the territory of life. Same for co workers.
The hardest part of my job, working with people who were not team players. I could count on one person who was consistent.
Most enjoyable part of job was celebrating others....
Pros
good people I met log the way
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2016
Ever changing and growing. I started when this company was quit small. I was part of the growth and gained knowledge of the equipment and processes as they came in. I worked with Project Engineers and Tech staff when new lines came in and helped with the development of SOP's and training of operators for the equipment. It was very stimulating and fast paced.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and people.
Cons
Because we only produced 30% of Unilever Brands, in 2009 they decided to move thier brands to sister plants and close our location down.
Great Place to Grow your career
Deductions Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 7, 2016
Unilever invests in their employees. Over my 25 years there they have provided me with endless opportunity to enhance my skillset. They focus on Standards of Leadership skills and encourage personal development. The best part of the job is the people and they make the hardest part of the job very manageable. I was very proud to be part of a team (26 in all) that worked well and supported one another. It's a fast pace environment and the business need is insatiable but you are surrounded by very talented and committed co-workers and you know you can get the job done.
good learning experience
Senior Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 8, 2016
It is a great learning experience for anyone who wants to get the classical CPG training. Lots of well-known brands with decent budget to work on. Lots of smart people at director and VP levels to learn from.

Work/Life balance is typical of east coast CPG companies, which is 2 star at best. You will be pushed to deliver a large amount of work. Again, good learning experience but not sustainable.

Decent opportunity for movement/advancement at middle management level due to the size of the business, but it is significantly more difficult to move up from there.
Great company, massive impact
Organizational Development Specialist - Europe (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2016
I loved working for Unilever, the work environment is very friendly, yet the work expectations high. The people are kind and thoughtful and the vision of the current CEO just inspiring. The resources and tools I had access to were top notch.
Pros
Work life balance, Inspiring vision and business model, Sustainability
Cons
Very complex and at times, work in silos. Middle management not spending enough time developing management
Great place to work. Colleagues are my second family.
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 4, 2016
I love working for Unilever they have been incredibly helpful an fair. Great environment, friendly helpful people. Worked for them for over 20 years and I have loved every minute of it. Plenty of resources to access at any time.
Downside, my department has moved. On the hunt for the next great company to work for.
safe and fun place to work
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 26, 2016
I learned alot about machines and how to troubleshoot problems. I learned how to be safe while doing so.This team was on a new line so working with management to make a better line was very important. I loved all my coworkers. And the hardest part of this job was working all night and sleeping all day. I loved this jib so much and wished I could have worked the third shift better at that time in my life. But my children were small and it did not work out working thirds.
Pros
Got a profit share check on new product sales.
Cons
Work third shift for years and years before getting on days.
Summer Intership
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Unilver Research and Development Organization - Process Development/Pilot Plant

Apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production, usually under the direction of engineering staff. May study and record time, motion, method, and speed involved in performance of production, maintenance, clerical, and other worker operations for such purposes as establishing standard production rates or improving efficiency.
Excellent Company to work for
Operations Excellence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 30, 2015
My experience with Unilever was most satisfying. The company has high regard for its employees and provide an excellent opportunity for work/life balance. Unilever provided its employees with a vast amount of training opportunities both online and classroom. The hardest part of the job was leaving it; the most enjoyable part of the job was having been given the opportunity to freely provide input on improving the processes of my position.
Good people. Fun environment. Specific location was a little stuck in its ways. The rest of the company appeared to better at this.
Senior Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 6, 2016
Typical work day varied due to my position and the travel my projects required. GREAT people to work both directly and indirectly. GREAT work/life balance, but I had good managers. I will say, some managers were not as flexible with their groups as they should have allowed. Mine did a fantastic job with this for the most part, but other managers did not focus on results enough. Too much worry about work style/approach/fear of their low performers making them look bad.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the general work environment (meaning people, offices, and work/life balance). The hardest part is gaining opportunities to both improve skills and to be promoted.

Overall, I have found the experience positive and certainly worth the years I have spent here.
n/a
contract employee receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rolling Mdws, ILApril 22, 2016
This was should a wonderful place to work. Loved working with everyone in this company.

I have learned a lot and have been trained in almost all areas of the company.

The hardest part about the job was when I get laid off as the company moved.

Everything was enjoyable.
na
Sanitation / Production (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60617May 1, 2016
Assembled aluminum and steel rollers for conveyor belt and line.
▪ 1200 rollers completed daily.
▪ Cutting aluminum and steel poles and axles using punch press machines.
▪ Maintain inventory due to work orders daily.
▪ General janitorial cleaning throughout the plant.
great people and work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 19, 2016
best place to work and communicate with managers. very friendly environment and understanding of all projects. I learned the importance of vendor-company relationship and budgeting all purchase orders and reporting for each department,
Productive workplace and enjoyable most of the time.
Distribution Coordinator/Planner (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 25, 2015
Company has a good working environment most of the time. Most co-workers are great to work with. As with other companies, there are also some red tapes and politics. Since most of the workers have been with the company for years, there is hardly any room for promotion. In general, this is still a good company to work for. It's just that our Sunnyvale, CA facility had to close down as it had to move to Kansas.
Pros
Employee benefits such as purchasing Unilever products at discounted prices.
Cons
No room for movements or promotions.
really good job to work for
Corecrew (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMarch 31, 2016
get to work start filling up chemicals after that start cleaning drains, I learned what chemicals to not mix together, really good managment, co-workers where more like family then my own, unloading trucks, just working for a good bussiness
Unilever
Supply Chain Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 19, 2016
Great company to work for at every angle. Their growth aspirations are aggressive, which is great. There is also ample career opportunities if you desire.
Pros
work life
Cons
computer are horrible, zero based budgeting
Great Job, not a long term postion for me.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCMay 18, 2016
The hours and management of the factory were not creating an atmosphere that I wanted to be apart of for the long run. I wouldn't tell someone not to work there, I just didn't feel that it suited myself.
Fun place to work with supportive management.
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 10, 2015
Working for a company that distributes products and can be seen on a daily basis at your local stores makes you feel good about what you are making. This also makes your enthusiasm to keep quality at a high because its your signature basically by number on every bottle. Having an amazing group of people to work with daily is also a great benefit with this company. There is always laughter along with dedication to produce high and good quality products. I wouldn't consider anything about this employment as hard. It is very well operated and inspiring to continually learn more advance methods of procedures.
Pros
Excellent Company benefits with extra incentives.
Cons
Twelve hour shifts can become very long over time.

4.2