Unilever Employee Reviews

Long hours and wasnt fulltime
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 20, 2017
Worked through temporary agencies every time
Moved through majority all positions such as hand packing, sanitation, and palletizer and still no full-time position
Pros
Clean work place
Cons
Long walks to break room and no smoking on property
Great place to work and develop your skill set
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work and develop to develop / sharpen skill sets.
Outstanding people and support to achieve success and annual goals / key performance indicators. Leading foodservice brands and products and impactful tools to drive sales.
Great Work place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 14, 2017
I was a temp here so i can give a great review, however during my employment here the people were nice. the hours varied greatly due to being a temp. there is a shop with Unilever products that you get a huge discount on.
Pros
Shop, Gym, fair treatment
Cons
temp service terrible, turnover high
Great learning
manager (Former Employee) –  LondonAugust 13, 2017
Great place to learn your trade and surrounded by exceptionally talented people. If you work hard & perform well, promotion is not guaranteed - which makes it unrelenting
ok place to work
Material supplier (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSAugust 9, 2017
no overtime for new people a lot of older people work there so its laid back but the older people are mean and mad for working so many hours but they sign up for it and take it away from new people and the call off when they are supposed to work the over time
Pros
good job if you live in the area
Cons
lay off too much never know if you are gonna get a full 40 hour check
The people on the floor are great to work for. The upper management has no clue wjat they are doing.
Lead Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 9, 2017
Im currently a lead shift coordinator, upper management has put more on us with less resources. I work might shift and we do more woth less. The people out on the floor are great to work with.
Pros
Benifits, pay, vacation
Cons
Work/life ballance, upper management
great place to work
Supply Chain Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 7, 2017
I had a great experience working there for the past 10 years. My favorite company by far to work for. I would recommend Unilever to anyone who asks me.
The buddy system in effect
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 7, 2017
If you are not on the buddy list of management you will never have a chance. Favoritism displayed for skin color. The right color grants you a free pass
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad hours terrible hr dept and managment
great company with great benefits
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2017
I worked for this company for 31 years. I grew up as a professional in this organization. I started as an account payable accountant and end my career as Finance Manager.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Maintnance (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2017
Had issues with management well hr lady that is no longer there, but while I was there it was owned by best foods, skippy, unilever, I liked best foods best, you never ran out of peanutbutter they gave it away, and unilever had a company store that you could buy all thier products cheap

Want to know more about Unilever?

Ask a question
It prepared me to work under great pressure
Consumer Services Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 2, 2017
My position was part time. There were not enough opportunities to advance. I was able to utilize my strengths, working with people and helping solve problems constantly! I enjoyed working on a team. The hardest part of this position was it was too redundant. I found creative and professional ways to make it more interesting.
Pros
Learned a lot about time management
Cons
really liked my job....did not dread coming to work....
Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCAugust 1, 2017
great place to work...clean, climate controlled...not a lot of manual labor, good benefits and pay. really wished I worked day shift..3rd shift was a strain on family life
Rewarding experience
Factory Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJuly 25, 2017
The people I worked with were really dedicated and very competent in their jobs. The experience was both challenging yet rewarding. The job entailed a relocation, which was managed very well.
CPG company improving life globally
Administrative Assistant & Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 23, 2017
Unilever is a company that supports and challenges its employees to do more and do better for people globally. They are continually striving to improve their products to provide a better life for all.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement and good-will
Great environment and culture
Associate Manager Service Quality Americas (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 21, 2017
Over the course of 20 years, I have built a successful career in IT Communication and Technology Services at Unilever. I sustained the delivery of network and communication services with leadership and excellence.The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers.
• Strive for continued excellence.
• Strong communication skills.
• Eager to learn new things.
• Well spoken, energetic, confident, and personable, the type of person on whom users/customers can rely.

I like the work/home balance offered at UL. I have also worked agile for the last 5 years. This workplace culture has been a positive plus to the job. The hardest part of the job was working with Global teams and working out of office hours.
Pros
401k, pension, agile working
Cons
healthcare, traveling
Temp Viewpiont
HR Consultant, Monroe Group (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 20, 2017
Great environment to work in - however I was only hired as a temp, so I don't know much about the typical day, benefits, compensation, etc.
Management was great and I learned about working in a corporate environment versus an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lots of temp employees
Great company to work for
Web Solutions Integrator (Former Employee) –  Port SunlightJuly 18, 2017
I spent 15 years at Unilever in various IT positions. It is a great company to work for, and the salary, benefits and bonus opportunities were higher than average market. They were also very generous with vacation time (by the time I left there I was getting 6 weeks paid vacation) and because the company is so vast there were a great range of opportunities within the company. I would recommend them highly.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Range of responsibilities can be daunting when working on global projects
Great pay and hours
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 18, 2017
Company gave a solid 40 to 50 hours a week with overtime. The work place was cold but definitely worth the experience and knowledge for future advance
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Real cold
Typical 9-5 work life
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 17, 2017
Fairly good place for good work life balance.
Management should be improved.
Workplace culture is nice, a lot of employees events.
Friendly and coherent work force
Good pay, and lots of overtime opportunities
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 15, 2017
First started working here and was a great place to work. Over the years management changed drastically and a lot of diverse people came into management and started treating people horrible and only as a number. Management at this particular plant has changed since I've left and gotten a lot better.
Pros
Pay and vacation
Cons
Non union and can fire you for anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2