Unilever

Unilever Employer Reviews

Great fun work environment
CONSULTING - DIGITAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Englewood cliffs, NJApril 9, 2014
Digital Program Management

Web / mobile app development
Migration to Cloud Infrastructure
Website application firewall implementation
Vulnerability management systems implementation
great job
process techian (Former Employee), Raeford, NCApril 8, 2014
very good work environment great pay great employees and management great benefits and insurance
It was a OK place to work in the past.
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
During my 17 years in this company I learned a lot ...................................................................................................................................................................................
Great benefits and perks if you are a perm employee.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTApril 7, 2014
Pros: free products, company store with discounts, great cafeteria food
Cons: hiring process of temp employees
There is not much to tell.......................................................................
The best work climate
Marketing Development Intern - Rexona Brand (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPApril 2, 2014
Unilever Brasil is considered the best marketing "school" in the country. With most of the biggest brands and market shares in the country, it is a challenging environment and constantly changing routine.
The best part of the company is the people and the company culture, which focus on the life quality.
production and its an ok place to work
Line Technician (Current Employee), Raeford, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: you do get to go into the company store and you get two passes to give to friends or family
Cons: a lot of construction going on, and the way it is set up you have so far to walk to go out especially if you are a smoker
Its a 12 hour shift , standing and bending some lifting...work with a four member team...management is not the best, to much favoritism , pay scale is not fair...over all the job is not hard and there are some good people to work with
Clean enviroment
Palletizer (Current Employee), Sikeston, MOMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, 401k, benifits, vaction time, good supervisor
Cons: being away from family, working nights with one night off, never enough employees
Go to work and stack ice cream in a -40 cooler
move pallets around
never enough employees
Too much politics
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Sao PauloMarch 30, 2014
Pros: brands, quality of senior leadership
Cons: strategy changes all the time, too much politics
Unilever, despite its absolutely brilliant brands, still suffers with too much politics (people more concerned with careers than results).

Also, my impression was that the "cool" thing was to have ideas and projects, rather than executing them.

On the other hands it important to acknowledge that leadership is truly senior,a dn there are few doubts – more... about the merit of who is leading the company. – less
Unilever Food Soltuions Overall
R&D Cross Category Technician (Current Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the benefits that the company offer.
Cons: health care and the cost of living.
A typical work day is a walk through of assigned work area, start up, read emails for communications, request(s), employee information and daily, monthly, annual work schedule for the entire week.

I have learned so much from hands on experience, internal training and working with others a cross the business for Food Solutions.

The co-workers that – more... I work with are very knowledgeable about the role and are the experts for the work they contribute.

The hardest part about my job is communication.

The company that I work for and the projects and experiences that I have been apart of. – less
Customer Support Analyst
Customer Support Analyst (Safeway Accts) (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: nepotism!!!!
was a good place to work although there were many things i notice that were just off. Nepotism runs ramped! i watched a good person who was a temp have to train a "new perm" employee to do his job! makes no sense when we all vied for those jobs. Hired people who were barely qualified. watched friends hire friends, siblings get their siblings jobs all – more... the while they were barely qualified. Random thought - people would complain about how they need to loose weight but yet were really quick to hoard all the free ice cream. another thing was they really didn't make the temps feel apart of the team. placed us in "temp row" away from the perm employees. no sense of team unity.

it's a good place to get your foot into the corporate world. definitely a good start point when starting off in the CPG world. i was hired at my current company because of it. the management was pretty cool at least. they would give you leeway to work and get your personal matters taken care of. – less
I UTILIZE MY SKILLS RUNNING LOTS OF PRESSES AND BROACHES
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Clinton, CTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the three breaks were fear one hour two 15min.
Cons: some days it was real hot no ac. only fans.
I RAN MACHINES AND INSPECTED MY WORK,DID WHAT I WAS ASK TO DO.I LEARN HOW TO RUN ALL TYPES OF MACHINES. IT WAS NOT BORING AT ALL I LIKE THAT ABOUT THE JOB.MY MANAGER WAS GOOD PERSON TO WORK FOR HE WAS HONEST AND FEAR WITH EVERYONE. THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB WAS THE CHANGING FROM PEICEWORK TO HOURLY. I LIKE THE HARDER YOU WORKED THE MORE MONEY YOU – more... MADE. – less
Company that care for it's employee's and shows it year round.
Line Technician (Former Employee), Raeford, NCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free meals, christmas gifts every year, goal-sharing.
Cons: healthcare
At the end of the day when all is done, working together as a team and accomplishing outstanding process.
Productive and fun workplace
Packaging Engineer intern (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 22, 2014
Pros: huge exposure to different groups and brands, free lunch sometimes
Learned to Manage Multiple Projects at a given time. Learned different Testing Methods like package compatibility test, Label and Product Compatibility Test, Spray Test Evaluation, Leave Behind Test. Also learned how to communicate with the suppliers and different groups involved in the project.
laid off alot
Machine operator, mechanic and line supervisor (Former Employee), Sikeston,moMarch 22, 2014
Had breakroom with option to buy lunches and snacks. Safe place to work. High turn over, laid off alot.
Productive / sometimes not operation
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Covington, TNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: some friendly people
Cons: management makes poor decisions
The benefits are good but depending on what shift & manager you work with on how quickly you advance. Some shifts learn more quickly than others.
Wouldn't recommend this place to a friend
Customer Service Representative - Club Accounts (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 18, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: mangement, jobs, work atmosphere
This place is like high school and very juvenile. If you do not make friends with the Happy Hour bosses then you are an outcast. I have seen managers and senior reps get into bar fights and kicked out of establishments due to drunken rowdiness.
Good people
Fruit Prep (Former Employee), Huntnigton, In.March 14, 2014
I liked the fact that the job I had allowed me to did my work with little supervision.
Most of my co-workers and management was good people, which I got along with. Just like family.
Hardest part of the job at times was keeping up with production, which was not on a daily basis.
For the most part a good company to work for.
CLOSE TO HOME
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee), LAS PIEDRASMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good management and co worker
Cons: they closed
GET TO WORK SHOP GET MY TOOL BOX PREPAIR TOOL I'M GOING TO USE AFTER CHECKING WORK THAT HAS TO BE DONE MAKE REPAIR RECHECK THAT WELL SET CHECK IF IT OPERATES OK MAKE REPORT OF WHAT WAS DONE GO TO NEXT REPAIR..

DOBLE CHECK YOUR WORK TAKE YOUR TIME SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO IT AGAIN.

VERY GOOD JOB GETS DONE RIGHT BECAUSE THEY GAVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO DO – more... THE JOB RIGHT.

VERY GOOD THEIR WHEN YOU NEED HELP.

WHEN MAIMTANCE CREW DID NOT GIVE PROPER MAINTANCE TO MACHINES WHEN YOU GO TO REPAIR SOME TIMES YOU HAVE TO TAKE MACHINE TO THE SHOP TO USE SPECIAL TOOLS.

EVERYTHING A GOOD EXPIERACE. – less
The People make the Place!
Sales (Current Employee), Outside SalesMarch 11, 2014
Unilever Foods Solutions provides daily opportunity for direct influence over the business. The flat organization necessitates the business professional to absorb the situation and provide the solutions. This environment allows for a smart and capable individual to create his new future on a daily basis.
Deadend for IT in North America
Solutions Effectiveness Analyst (Former Employee), Trumbull CTMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no job security or advancement
ALL IT in North America is being moved to Unilever's IT center in Bangalore India.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more