Unilever
1,425 reviews

Unilever Employee Reviews

Excellent Benifits
Line Tech (Current Employee), Covington, TNMay 28, 2015
Pros: free icecream, ecxellent pay and benefits
Cons: long commute, work hours
Over all, this is a good place to work. It is hard on single mothers and anybody that has a family just because of the work hours. I am in search of a new job because of the distance i have to drive there and the work hours. The pay is excellent.
I loved the career with great pay and benefits, but the hours were long.
Maint. Technician (Former Employee), Covington, TNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free Ice Cream
Cons: N/A
The hardest part was the stress amounts you received at times, and we were always shorthanded. I loved the job with long hours at times, with time off for your life at home also. Just wished it had been closer to home. It is a very great place to work with a lot of things to learn and expand with. Great pay and benefits also.
Great
CIP Sanitation Specialist / Freezer Operator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, tons of overtime
Cons: plant closed
Great place to work, very family orientated. A few of my family members worked here for 20 plus years. You worked long and hard sometimes but were giving plenty of breaks and free lunches all the time. Long hours and long work week for 3rd shift.
Global working environment
It Coordinator (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 18, 2015
Pros: ability to work remotely
Cons: global hours coverage
Enjoy multi-cultural teams
Co-workers are inclusive
most enjoyable part has been the generosity of the people that work there.
working long hours to keep up with global teams is increasing
Provided excellent opportunities, training and experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2015
A great experience that provided many benefits and experiences that will allow me to be a great asset to any company I work for in my future.
Problems start at the Top
Sales force Unionize to confront Co. (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Big Consumer marketing firm with Huge Marketing Budget
Cons: Huge failure rate for new product introductions from the 60;s through the 70's
Meet sales Reps and make calls on many different classes of trade.

Management had a " Cavalier Attitude" to hiring Sales Reps. One was hired before I on-boarded with the firm in Wantaugh ,L.I.
Then he was assigned to Cover Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County outside NYC. It generally took him 2 hours in the morning before he reached his first call and 2 hours at the end of the day in the evening to get home. He burned out quickly.

Management had a " Cavalier Attitude" to attending meetings on time. Often meetings were scheduled at the office for 8;30 AM and the Manager would stroll in at 10 to 10:30 AM saying it was traffic.
We all faced the same traffic.

The hardest part of the job was competing with top brands like Crest from Proctor and Gamble and Colgate. These were well established brands and had consistent advertising and marketing support on TV . Lever did not support these brands and they died on the vine and were sold to Arm & Hammer. After many new product failures Lever learned that the best way to build a #1 brand name was to BUY it and they did a great purchase of Chesborough-Ponds after I left the firm.

Selling and maintaining placement of any product line in a grocery store/chain is like going to war every day. If your products are not supported by a strong marketing program as well as well trained and staffed sales force the products will not survive over the long term as viable inventory items in the trade.

The Sales Reps that I worked with at Unilever were all great and very hard working people. The Management on the other hand thought that the most important part of the day was lunch.
Need I say more..

Its been a long time since I was at Lever and the key items that I sold have all been sold to other companies. So things must be improving there.
Unilever UFLP Program
Future Leaders Program - Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAMay 11, 2015
The opportunities given in the Unilever Future Leaders program are excellent. Unilever gives it's future leaders the ability to develop both breadth and depth within their preferred career path. Through the rotational program I have had the opportunity to experience three different jobs in three years across different states and within different supply chain tracks.
It was fun working with such kind of company where working culture is really good and you can learn a lot which would help you to improve your skills.
Software Developer (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 8, 2015
A very professional, relaxed working environment.
Temporary Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 6, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment, coffee and tea available for employees, company store
Cons: needs more diversity
Unilever was a great company to work for and I would love the opportunity to work for them again. My days were mostly relaxed. I had a routine and sometimes it was good to detour from that but the routine was nice to have because I always had something to do. I learned how to use various instruments and my coworkers were all very helpful and inclusive. The hardest part of the job was probably remembering what each component's role was in the batch preparations but that was also the most enjoyable part for me. I like challenges and it was great to be able to participate in this research. I also enjoyed the fact that this company manufactures so many popular products, some of which i use on a daily basis.
Strong company, but don't stay to long in one position after 2 years move to your next role. Go in with a plan and stick with it.
Customer Service Analyst & Event Supply Planner (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMay 6, 2015
Pros: work from home days
Cons: compensation
Typical day was always busy and working to make sure all order were delivered on time. Insuring we achieve the guidelines. I learned that a comprehensive on boarding is key to keeping employees.
Great employer if you are mobile
FINANCE LEAD (Former Employee), Raeford, NCMay 4, 2015
Unilever is under-recognized by name but its products are in every household. My favorite part of the job was working with some amazing people throughout all of the Americas and Europe. They work hard and support each other.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Covington, TNMay 1, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: Short Breaks
Co-workers where ok , days went by pretty fast when the lines ran smoth with no problem. Managment where ok . hardest part of work was everyones attitude .
Unilever
Customer Brand Manager (Current Employee), United StatesApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good People, great heritage, lots of resources.
Cons: Leadership, bureaucracy, paralysis by analysis
Work-life balance here can certainly be tough if you allow it to be with many recent cuts in head count and no reductions in work. Diversity in terms of traditional demographics is fantastic but it often comes at the expense of talent and diversity of thought/leadership is lacking.

I have been treated well over my time here and over-all this is a good company that is having a tough time culturally right now.
1 to 0 days off a week
Engineering Services - Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Henderson, NVApril 27, 2015
stressful, co workers are the best, management calls a lot of the shots that impact the floor with no production input. no procedures available. training is not adequate for how dangerous the job is.
Not very productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: expenses paid
Cons: Poorly led team
Would travel to businesses everyday to show new innovations and new technology to make their business more profitable.
Welcoming enviroment
Culinary Consultant (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs NJApril 21, 2015
Cons: I am a freelance for the company so I can't enjoy the full benefits
A respectful place to work, friendly environment and a place to grow and learn. People are friendly but very professionals.
Great benefits!
Machine Specialist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Distance for me!
I loved working here as a machine specialist. Great pay and benefits! I had some good co-workers and overall working environment!
productive and fun workplace
Sanitizer (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: company store on site
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of my job is dealing and adjusting to different people and attitudes. I enjoy working with different people. My co workers are my family
Relaxed and personal workplace
Process Engineering Intern, Hellmann's (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 14, 2015
I worked with a small and very personal team that was part of a large system of teams, which gave me a balanced exposure to small and large infrastructures within the company.
Great Pay and benefits
Factory Logistics and Technology Supervisor (Current Employee), Raeford, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Unrealistic expectations, no work life balance
I learned a lot about Logistics and business here. It is a great place to start out. The pay is unmatched. The benefits package and 401K are out of this world with a great stock package. However, work life balance is non existent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more

Unilever Salaries