Unilever Employee Reviews

Productive fun to work at
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port EllizabethFebruary 21, 2017
Work extensive shifts where there is alot of trouble with public transport. Working for this company was good to build my experience in the work place
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
One houre breaks
Good pay and benefits
Maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSFebruary 19, 2017
It's not a bad job, I'm just looking for something without so much overtime. I really dont know what else to say about the place, the pay is good and the benefits are good too.
Great place to work but bad work life balance
It manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 13, 2017
Lots of opportunities to move up. Pay is good but hours are crazy. Weekends and nights above your 40 hours considered normal.
Good company
Production Cell Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 12, 2017
The overall company objectives is focused more for women, but it is still a good company. A lot of opportunties if you are open to relocation.
Great company
Material Planner / Scheduler / Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work and high quality atmosphere of professionals. The company size is small which allows everyone to get to know each other on a personal level.
Pros
Great company
Cons
too big
company store was great
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 9, 2017
I worked many nights and weekends at Unilever.the people were great and always very helpful. I enjoyed my office on the 3rd floor and would have candy on my desk
Pros
lunch
Cons
lunch ended
Work at Unilever
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrazilFebruary 5, 2017
Structured work that requires effort and dedication to the development of the company and its own. Space for new ideas, diversified culture and integration of areas.
Pros
Reconcile life to work
Cons
short breaks
pay ,benefits are decent
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
money is good but your just a number ,production is what counts.no life work balance .people get forced to work on weekends and out of your shift .
Pros
work ain't that hard
Cons
you almost live there
Enjoyable Place To Work With Enjoyable Work room
HandPacker (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Enjoyable Job once you get the hang of it only problem is temporary
workers often argue or interfere with main workers and causes jam ups and other work related issues.
Pros
Ice Cream, Nice Breaks, Comfortability
Cons
Jam Ups, Irritability
great place to work
Assistant pasturizer (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 23, 2017
This is a good place to work as an 18 year old. It was a great place to learn trade skills and how to operate and manage equipment.
Productive , and cold workplace with Unilever
Manpower Temporary (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 22, 2017
Working with Manpower was stressing some days you'll come to work prepared too work cause you was scheduled , and they'll send you right back home. A typical day was the same for me in the course of work period I asked my supervisor twice if I could get moved to an more active position he refused , and told me "to stop whining" like it was a joke.
Agile place to work
Global Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonJanuary 18, 2017
Stimulating work environment. Great brands we all use everyday. Value entrepreneurship spirit and thinking outside the box. Great tools to better understand consumers globally.
How i Feel
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 17, 2017
I worked there for 4 years it started great then it got very unorganized and more and more stressful ... I loved my job but fair is fair and equal opportunity is not present there
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
management
Nice place to work
Handpack (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Like the work environment, and co workers. I really enjoyed working the night shift. Loved being in the freezer. Learned how to drive a forklift. Had a understanding lead man,I learned a lot from him.
Very productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoy working for Unilever, I just need to find something that will let me spend more time with my family. I have learned a lot of computer skills as well as social skills in my time here. The people are very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is covering for absences of other employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
schedule
Sad
Unilever Employee (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 14, 2017
if it was a good group to work with would be rated A+ . But its a very unfair group I work with. Work is not evenly distributed and management doesn't want to hear it.

Unless your part of the click you get poor reviews and bad ratings I was hired to do a job not play all day. Those that get good reviews sit around literally clipping coupons 2 1/2 days per week while the rest of us get slammed with work then reprimanded for our errors.

Try to understand they never got a bad review and always got the yearly raise, you can't get bad reviews if you make no error or if you have NO WORK, (those are the employees in this group that get the good ratings the one that sit around clipping coupons and shopping and taking smoke breaks every hour on the hour and never get in trouble for being away)

So unless management changes I can't rate this department very well.

We had a fill in years ago that was wonderful but he retired you could approach him with your concerns and they weren't blasted all over the company and you weren't black balled as this management doesn't seem to realize when she tells the supervisor something even though she was told not to tell (very untrustworthy) she tells her click who tells (well you understand the telephone concept).

so good luck I hear there are many departments that are good, fun to work for in Unilever but if you try to get out of this group you get punished too. So its sad I couldn't stay with the company in another capacity. Looking to get out....
Cons
to many clicks
Good Corporation to work for
Operations - Infrastructure planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 11, 2017
I started my career with Unilever as a Computer Operator and progressed thru many job functions and was performing Operations Support and Infrastructure Planning roles when IT Operations were outsourced to HP
Great global company
Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 8, 2017
Great global company where you know and use the products everyday.

There is a role for everyone and skill. Also a very progressive company looking to upgrade living standards around the world.
Machine Operator/Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to start your career. Very good global company with long term benefits. I am looking to go with tis company and looking for areas of promotion .
Good
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Good. It was great working there. I worked in Hindustan unilever Hyderabad india. Very competitive atmosphere. Looking forward to work in similar work atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2