Unilever Employee Reviews

It's a job.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 16, 2017
Most of the people don't associate with the ..ew people. It's hot and you can't have drinks on the production floor, people who have been there a while take long breaks and lunches and screw others.
Pros
A pay heck
Cons
Hot and alot of allergens in the air
Fun working environment
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Unilever but it was a temporary job but during my time there a learned quite a bit especially supply chain logistics. Its a fun working environment and you get huge discounts on their products.
Pros
Great products and working environment
Cons
It was temp job
Competitive and rewarding work place
B.Sc. Internship - Biochemistry research (Former Employee) –  Gemeente RotterdamOctober 12, 2017
Working time is flexible. High class research. The company invests well in research.
Great salary and the company offered me the possibility of investing in my own research ideas.
Great work environment with many activities organized for employees.
High Tech equipments .
Great organization.
Satisfactory
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
Excellent working environment and aids in training of employee, ability to strive for perfection in all productions units and maintain excellent standard in operating procedures.
Pros
Expert
Terrible place to work
Maintenance/Electrical Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
The site I was working at was very cliquish. They felt that problems were solved not by understanding the problem, but throwing people at it who did not have the needed skills or authority to resolve the issues.
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 10, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Steady workflow provided quick and busy days. Management was very encouraging and willing to teach you. Hardest part of this job was leaving for health reasons.
Good pay
Skilled Seasonal Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 9, 2017
The pay here is great and the people I worked with on 3rd shift were all good people. A lot of times you have to go out of your comfort zone to get things done but that should something everyone does in any workplace. Room for growth and advancements. People have come from working production to being in an office job so definitely a great place to work. Sometimes they have temps that are only there to do the minimum amount of work and that's when you start stressing because those temps don't pull their weight and everything can go horribly.
Job requirements did not interfere with family life
TECH (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCOctober 9, 2017
8-12 hours days, my job required a degree but the job duties had nothing to do with my degree. Opportunity for advancement possible but not guaranteed.
Pros
discount company store, excellent benefits
Cons
human resource problems are handled through a call center, not on company property.
Great pay, bad hours for family life, and HORRIBLE health insurance
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 8, 2017
When I started working for Unilever, they offered great pay and amazing insurance! I had a child while working there and my insurance covered everything. I paid about $150 out of pocket thru the whole process, delivery and all. Last year they started a new "transition" insurance plan that doesn't even cover half of what it used to and this coming year we'll be fully transitioned to the new plan which is even worse! It's a hard hit to take when your family has come to rely on this. And the hours aren't great for a family/work balance. I've worked there for almost 6 years and still no opportunity to get on first shift. They even make it hard to change from one off shift to the other. Only plus about the hours is that usually overtime is voluntary and not mandatory. They do offer 10 paid vacation days for the first five years, an additional 5 days for every five years you work with them until you cap out at 20 days. You also get 3 paid personal days each year as well as paid holidays. The pay rates are great and the hardest thing about all the jobs is being able to stand on your feet for 8 hours. But once you get your feet broken in, it's a breeze. And if you know what you're doing, management pretty well leaves you alone. It's a good place to work if you're not worried about family life and your family doesn't need good health coverage.
Pros
Great pay, decent breaks, good coworkers
Cons
Poor healthcare coverage, bad family hours
typical job
Packaging Operator (901) (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNOctober 6, 2017
You'll enjoy the friendships you build more the working environment. They forget that the success of the business is determined by the workers. Some expectations aren't based of reality.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Unilever very much for many years the people were great the company was outstanding always had time for their employees and worked towards your advancement. The only reason I'm not there now is because of the plant closing in my area.
Pros
Great benefits and great company
Productive place to work
hand packaging and storage (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOOctober 3, 2017
Although I worked at Unilever I worked through Manpower to which I recieved no benefits & a very small chance of advancement. The supervisors I worked for were very helpful & compasssionate. Job was fast paced & challenging, the hardest part of the job were the 12 hour days & working with multiple crews, I enjoyed the crews I worked with but could not be in a regular crew routine. I enjoyed meeting all of the people I worked with & my hourly rate.
Pros
hourly rate, experience aquired, new friends
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, long hours
not a fun place to work,too much drama,favortism and rules changing constantly instead of holding people responsible
Certified HTST operator, process technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNOctober 2, 2017
A workplace that never holds anybody accountable for their actions or mishaps,instead they want to hold the entire dept responsible for a select few that keep screwing up. im not the only employee that feels this way and it has been brought to managements attention to no avail.
Wellbeing culture
Global Customer Service SC Manager (Current Employee) –  RotterdamOctober 1, 2017
Do recommend. Great company to work. Really eay to relocate, you can easy get relocated to other country. Some people say that it's hard to get promoted, but I don't think so. Work hard and you will get!
I enjoyed making and producing a product that's made in America and sold in stores
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 29, 2017
My workday was a very fast paced environment.
I learned safe healthy habits and how to get along with others
I worked in a very pleasant environment with different cultures of people
The hardest part of my job was switching shifts every other week.
Pros
Good pay and safe working environment
Cons
Changing shedules every other week
Nice workplace culture
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 29, 2017
Unilever has been going through a lot of reorganization within IT. There are a lot of good professionals leaving and new people coming on board.

You have the ability to work flexible hours and a they provide great support to working mothers.

Career advancement within IT is limited. Nonetheless, it is a great place to work and build relationships.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Constant organizational changes, lots of good people leaving
Get to know more on my career development
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  KerichoSeptember 29, 2017
Hardwork is the core thing in life the moment you focus and know what you achieve in life by giving your best you will succeed.Character is also basic for a public relations person,in order to know how to relate with people.Soaring to greater heights is the main thus one has to strive for success as the oldage goes''nothing in life comes easily''.
Pros
Allowances
Cons
work overload
Great company all around
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Unilever was a great experience. Fast-paced, but learned a lot. Made great contacts there as well.
Benefits were good & free product was great.
All in all, very positive.
Great company to work for, if you're not in IT
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 27, 2017
Big plus is Agile environment and pretty good benefits, however if you're in IT, most jobs were moved outside of US. Company's main focus is on attracting and retaining young employees.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Outsourcing
Although there are many benefits working for Unilever, the Culture wasn't a right fit for me
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJSeptember 26, 2017
In NA HQ the office is state of the art and just underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, there is free ice cream and coffee as well as snacks on every floor. The space is agile meaning you pick your location daily inside the headquarters, and they are very flexible with work from home arrangements. Unilever is a fantastic company to work for, with challenging roles and growth opportunities. I just felt like I didn't fit in to the culture at Unilever. They're are all about changing the world and revolutionizing the corporate world, but they are going about it the wrong way in my opinion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2