Unilever

1.5K reviews

Unilever Employee Reviews

Assembler (Current Employee), ripley tnJuly 29, 2015
great people with an overall great attitude they really look out for their employees and make you feel welcome to sharing new ideas
productive
Shipping Dept./Warehouse Machine Operator (Current Employee), Raeford, NCJuly 29, 2015
great place to work safety first bonus programs hot in summer cool in winterkkkkkd dkjkjkfi djkskjkjd jidjfkjf jkksjdie kjfsjjdkjffi c d
Great work place but horrible management
specification specialist (Current Employee), englewood cliffsJuly 27, 2015
the pay is good and my coworkers are great. however i've been there for a month and still have received no proper training. I've been holding on to every note my coworkers give me in an attempt to learn the systems. they just throw you to the wolves and if you ask for help they look at you and are bluntly rude and still don't manage to assist you.
free ice cream
Senior Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILJuly 24, 2015
Good products,safe place to work and friendly environment to work in.I Hated to see the company shut down.I mostly miss the free lunches and ice cream.
Not very much family time.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits Package and Salary
Cons: Work Schedule, Management
Worked average of six days of 12 hours a day and no family time. The Company has very good benefits package. The management team does not take the employee into consideration when scheduling work. Co-workers are great out there and work together as a very productive team. Learned how to us a scanner system to scan out inventory, learned how to use the SAP computer system to keep inventory balanced. The best part of working there was the employees communicated very well and were like family at times.
great place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee), AfricaJuly 18, 2015
great people to work with...great place to work...fun place to be...great development place...leaders are created here
Wonderful company
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free products
Cons: No daycare
I worked and learned so much. I loved it, working at this company gave me the tools I need to build my way up to a leadership position.
Fast paced work environment that will challenge you.
Quality co-op (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 14, 2015
I have worked for Unilever as both a co-op and an intern. I feel that the intern program is lacking mainly due to the time constraints.
you get worked every day.
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), chicago, ilJuly 7, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: none stop overtime
i heard great things about unilever. went to work as a mechanic. got to admit the pay and benefits were great. the problem though was the
training was none existent. there are a very few mechanics and operators that will help you. the work wasn't that hard but what i did not like was that they can force the mechanics to work every single day with out a day off. also forget about climbing up the ladder, there were mechanics in there for years and never got the chance to move up their grade.
Good place to start
Microbiologist (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible time
Cons: Everything else
Good place to start, however, not the best place to make a career due to limited advancement, poor raises, and an overall hostile and political work environment.
Material Coordinator
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Work / Life Balance
Cons: Plant is closing in August 2015
Unilever is a great place to work. I have learned so much here and helped this location with my skills as well. Unilever believes in training their employees and investing in futures.
Does not like a Union
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Made good friends, good pay
Cons: Closed up for a right to work state
After working for 18 years, the plant closed and would not let any of the workers relocate because after making the plant become UNION they closed us down and moved to a right to work state.
Not bad
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Jonesboro, arJune 22, 2015
This is a good company to work for if you are interested in building comradery and enjoying nice benefits. If you are looking for a company with a lot of opportunity and room for growth, Unilever may not be the best place.
good place to work
Hand Packer (full-time) (Current Employee), Sikeston, MOJune 20, 2015
Pros: wages and benifits were very competitive
Cons: short breaks and managment
It was a good place to work with great wages and benefits. was a very physical and repetitive and standing for long hours and the breaks were too short
Good work place
Forklift driver/Material Handler (Former Employee), convington TnJune 20, 2015
Pros: Streches before work
Cons: none
The work was explained in detail for the day. Co-workers was very helpful in doing their part with the work load. If you need help with anything you can ask.
IT IS FUN WORKING HERE. I WISH THE CONTRACT WOULD BE EXTENDE BUT THE SALES ARE GROWING LOW NOW THAT WE HAVE REACHED TO MANY PEOPLE
County Manager. Nandi (Current Employee), NANDI COUNTYJune 18, 2015
Pros: TIMELY PAYMENT OF DEUS
Cons: NONE I SAW
I AM AN EARLY RISER MAKING SURE THAT EVERY MINUTE OF THE HOUR IS PUT INTO GOOD USE.
I HAVE LEARNT THAT FEAR KILLS MORALE. WE HAD TO PUT OUR TRUST ON WOMEN WHOM WE SAW AS UNABLE TO PAY FOR THE DEVICE AND WE ALSO ENCOURAGED THEM NOT TO FEAR.
I WORKED CORDIALLY WITH MY TEAM. NEVERTHELESS THERE WERE THOSE WHO DID NOT TEAMWORK AND I HAD TO HANDLE THEM .
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS HANDLING CASES OF UNFAITHFULNESS FROM MY TEAM. AT SOME POINT, OTHERS WOULD HOLD BACK MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS AND USE IT FOR THERE OWN PURPOSES. TRACKING THEM IN TIME WAS HARD BUT I MANAGED TO HOWEVER.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS DELIVERING THE DEVICES TO CUSTOMERS AND SEEING THEIR FACES GLOWING WITH JOY. I ALSO ENJOYED SEEING MY COLLAEQUES GET REWARDED FOR THEIR EFFORTS
lots of possibilities for learning and experience
Facilities Technician (Current Employee), Independence, MOJune 16, 2015
with the addition of our new business opportunity, there is lots of room for learning new things and movement within the company
great job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJune 16, 2015
this was very demanding position where you have to think every day and do different thing each day. I enjoy it but this didn't last. It could be my perfect job.
Great Company to work for
Director (Former Employee), Clinton, CTJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great Location to work
Cons: Reorganize too often
They treat their employees well and employees are aloud to drop the PC talk and be honest. There was no back stabbing. Too much worry about job security
Productive and fun.
wrapper operator (Former Employee), Sikeston MissouriJune 11, 2015
Work was fun. Our management was lacking communication skills and walked all over hourly employees even though they told us they had an open door policy.
Revenue