Unilever
1,186 reviews

Unilever Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with great people
Chemist (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 10, 2014
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work with many types of people across different teams and was introduced to the world of consumer products.
Feels Like Home
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working at Unilever! I gained a lot experience in physical measurements of soaps, lotions, deodorants, hair care products, etc.
Great place to work.
Sr. Finance Manager (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a varied group of people on the team. Culture was based around consensus around decisions. This can be good and bad. Good in that everyone is on board with decisions and feels included. Bad in that it sometimes takes a while to reach a decision.
Highly productive work environment and top talent colleagues.
Regional Distriubtion Coordinator (Current Employee), Shelton, CTNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and unilever products below wholesale.
Cons: long hours most days and very fast paced most of the time.
Brand new organization and built for purpose agile office environment. Teams, Tribes, workbenches, adjustable desks, dual large flat screen monitors, sustainability taken very seriously as well as safety.

The best in modern technology and not constrained by S.O.P.s and job descriptions - encouraged to take leadership by actions and there is more than – more... one way to solve a challenge.

Open environment and lots of sharing, teaching, learning and collaborating. Diverse and highly synergistic workforce.

Fun to go into the office! Also ability to work from home and many fun employee activities that build teams and camaraderie.

Job moves at warp speed with all the high tech so velocity can be a challenge while multi multi tasking!

Technology is amazing and great to have the chance to learn and operate these systems. – less
Hard working culture
Intern - Multicultural Marketing Department (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 12, 2014
I was an intern, so not sure that my review is as credible. My working hours were different than my team in that I would come in early and leave earlier than them but often times felt like it wasn't accepted. I spent hours outside of my office day working on my project from home. The hardest part of the job was proving my worth because I worked on a – more... mutli-cultural marketing team that didn't look like me. I felt like as hard as I tried to learn and provide input, my ideas weren't accepted. The most enjoyable part was that it was an internship and I made friends among the other interns and other associates that I built a connection with that were alumni of my graduate school. There were fun activities for the interns to participate in. I chose not to return because the culture wasn't a fit for me and my life changed once I had news I was expecting a child. – less
Culture has changed. No longer a family environment. Company continues to downgrade jobs and higher more junior employees.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), USNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free snacks and drinks
Cons: no support from management and staff.
Put out fire drills.
Nobody was happy.
Leaving at 5pm
How to manage the drug channel
customer service
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: making customers happy
scheduling shipments to customers
a of information about meeting dead lines
The best work experience of my life so far
Revenue/Deduction Analyst (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTNovember 9, 2014
Pros: the people, their compassionate mindset, their drive to be the best.
Cons: excessive meetings especially town hall types, i would recommend working there to anyone and everyone.
I miss everyone at Unilever. It was like a family. They had a rough year that globally warranted a reduction in staff and I understand that. I only wish the best for them and for all those friends who are still there.
Good environment
SAP MM/SD Associate Consultant (Current Employee), New Delhi, ILNovember 6, 2014
Good Environment
Good Scope
Good Management
Good colleague
good experience in service improvement
DESKTOP SERVICES LEAD - 500 seats (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
My team turned a customer satisfaction review around from negative to positive . I was working with 3 technicians reporting to me. We provided desktop services to Calvin Klein, Elizabeth Arden and Unilever Corporate in NY city.
Fun Place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Covington, TNOctober 30, 2014
I Learn how to manage products and keep up with production rate.
Fun place to work
Line Technician (Former Employee), Covington, TNOctober 16, 2014
Had a very nice experience work there, learn how the food industry work, they ask me to come back.
Productive place to work.
Internal Communication Associate (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 14, 2014
Time flys. There is always something new happening. I have learned so much here. Unilever is a great company.
Nice place to work
Assistant of SHE department (Former Employee), C01October 13, 2014
Good place to start work. Good working environment and nice co workers.
shipping and material handling
Forklift driver (Current Employee), Covington, TNOctober 8, 2014
my shift starts at 10 p.m. we go over all the things that happened on 1st and 2nd shift then my team leader covers what needs to be done on our shift. i go to my 2nd shift co workers and the give a turn over of what's going on in the department. my days are different, i may ship trucks or receive them in, it all depends on where I'm needed my current – more... situation is staging. i drive a forklift to departments. the normally leave a list on the door containing all the things they will need. after that, i restock all of the items i removed. i also palletize lines and the best part of my day is happiness for all kids who eat our products the worst fear of disappointing my team and my family. – less
Engaging and detailed oriented workplace
Senior Financial Analyst - Out Of Home Ice Cream (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 6, 2014
Typical day at work involves working with Hyperion based systems and pulling data together for P&Ls
Great workplace atmosphere
Senior R&D NA Foods Lead Specification (Current Employee), Lisle, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Agile working allows for better work/life balance. Room for advancment but relocation may be necessary. Lots of learning and leadership opportunities provided.
Overall rating of 4 of 5 stars
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day at work is trying to solve problems and remove any barriers in the output process with customer satisfaction and output reliability as the main focus. I have learned several problem solving skills that will go with me to my next destination. The management here is ok but the lower level employees will live under a glass ceiling. My co-workers – more... are excellent. Always encouraging and helping others to work safe be happy. The hardest part about my job depends on what day of the week it is and how production is going. The most enjoyable part about my job is successfully completing projects and getting recognition for the things the work that I do. – less
n/a/
Process Technician (Current Employee), raefordSeptember 22, 2014
the job is ok just repitive and management doesnt seem to care about u
Work life balance is missing, tough work environment
Front Line Production Manager (Former Employee), Hammond, INSeptember 16, 2014
Every person rotates shifts weekly which prevents stability with work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more