Unilever

Unilever United States Employee Reviews

Great benefits!
Machine Specialist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Distance for me!
I loved working here as a machine specialist. Great pay and benefits! I had some good co-workers and overall working environment!
productive and fun workplace
Sanitizer (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 20, 2015
Pros: company store on site
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of my job is dealing and adjusting to different people and attitudes. I enjoy working with different people. My co workers are my family
Relaxed and personal workplace
Process Engineering Intern, Hellmann's (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 14, 2015
I worked with a small and very personal team that was part of a large system of teams, which gave me a balanced exposure to small and large infrastructures within the company.
Great Pay and benefits
Factory Logistics and Technology Supervisor (Current Employee), Raeford, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Unrealistic expectations, no work life balance
I learned a lot about Logistics and business here. It is a great place to start out. The pay is unmatched. The benefits package and 401K are out of this world with a great stock package. However, work life balance is non existent.
all about the Hair Test Center
Receptionist (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches occasionally, friendly environment, friendly co-workers, excellent management, equality, professionalism, flexible hours and no work on the weekends.
Cons: Temporary position, hired by staff agency only and not by company, driving distance.
Working at the hair test center at Concepts in Unilever is always fun. The staff is extremely friendly and understandable. On a daily basis I have to make sure the Hair Test Center is running smooth and under control. This is done by getting the product ready for every study, coding syringes, filling syringes with product, labeling the product to hide the brand, sorting consents in order, and signing in panelist that are participating in the study into the system using iPads. I also help stylist throughout the day with questions or concerns, as well as supervising them when manager is away from the Hair Test Center.

I could say that with time I have learned how the company works and why concepts exist. I have also been able to learned from my co-workers to be a better team player and keep a positive attitude around the office. I was also able to recruit panelist over the phone, which is something I have never done before.

The job is not hard at all but if I have to point something hard about the job, I would probably say that is the the fact that sometimes people cancel their appointment or don't show for the study. The number of cancelations or no shows can stop us from completing the study by a certain deadline. Which means we have to recruit more panelist and reschedule the study for a different day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive attitude everyone has, the respect, professionalism among everyone, as well as the flexible schedule.
Great Place to Work for Life/Work Balance
Temporary and Contract Based Positions (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 24, 2015
Although this position was a contract position, it was truly the best place I have ever worked. The cohesiveness with the team made you want to do your very best and look forward to your day at work.
We had good days and we had bad days.
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee), Henderson NV 89011March 21, 2015
Pros: we got a bigger locker room.
Cons: way too much over controling of employees, felt intimidated all the time by supervision and mgmt
I ran various wrappers machines. Also handled a Rhandalls boxer, a metal detector, a semi automatic caser, and elevator and dealt with some very nice hard working people as well. I made sure that my team ran/worked together well with diplomacy and didn't hang over them watching every move. Even though it was very stressful, I tried to make everyone feel important and they were told that they were doing a good job. With so much going on at one time, anything could go wrong and my main responsibility was to keep the wrapper going getting the product out, I could rely on the handpackers to back me up in certain situations. It was nice working with people who believed in teamwork.
LINE TECH
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Raeford, NCMarch 17, 2015
Making such the line is running correctly. That the work area is clean and with no damage product, go to the warehouse. The company is 12 hour shifts.
Good Place to Work
Procurment (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 17, 2015
Pros: training programs. the people
Cons: high stress
Unilever is a great place to work and learn. There are a ton of resources for training programs and the people here are amazing. Can be stressful and getting promoted is difficult.
Excellent
Project Manager (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMarch 13, 2015
If you have an opportunity to apply for a position at Unilever, you should! Wonderful company culture and great benefits. Opportunities for promotions and relocation.
High energy agile work environment
Associate Finance Manager (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 11, 2015
Pros: career advancement, mobility
Cons: work/life balance
* Manage financials for brand
* Learned accounting principles,people management
* Great environment to excel and grow
Good Place to Work
Procurement Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 11, 2015
Unilever is a good place to work and build a career. The more flexible you are to relocation the better opportunities you will have.
Beverage Specialist
Distributor Development Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: Brands and Culture
Cons: Pay Scale
Distributor Development Manager, Louisiana & Mississippi

Responsible for growing profitable sales at assigned food service distributors on all Unilever products by account planning, trade funds management and completion of all administrative support elements.

UFS Lead for all Restaurant and Food Service Operator’s, both SIO and Multi Unit chains.
- This provides me with daily interaction with Food & Beverage Lead’s, Chef’s and Owner/Operator’s throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.

Distributor Lead for Louisiana and Mississippi (Sysco, Reinhart, Doerle, PFG plus all smaller Distributors).
- Execution of all brand promotions, local led and center led, plus negotiation of all Local Marketing Agreement elements.
- Strategic Planning and Distributor alignment with all UFS Annual KPI targets.

UFS South Zone Lead for the Lipton Tea Business Development Team.
- South Zone Beverage Trainer and Liason to Lipton Brand Marketing Team.
Great Environment
On Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2015
Pros: best job ever!
Cons: no freedom to leave or take lunches for 8 hours (had to stay on site in case there was an emergency)
My typical day at work consisted of supervising a team of anywhere to 40-50 Manpower temps at Unilever (they would stay on the project for 6 months then it would role over). I would bring in new temps, train in an HR capacity and OSHA regulations. Hiring, firing, handling employee complaints, ensure they follow guidelines, etc. Acted as a liaison between Unilever management and Manpower. I really enjoyed managing the staff. I am very good at understanding different personalities and catering my management style to suit it. There wasn't really any hard part in particular. Although I worked onsite at Unilever I was technically an employee of Manpower so I had to act as a liaison for both. So there would be times where Unilever would ask me to do things that Manpower did not want me to do so there were times where I would be caught in the middle. However I did really well at handing the situation and keeping both parties happy.
nice people
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 4, 2015
Pros: eat all the icecream you want
Cons: health care
like my co workers, very skilled and willing to share there education and i have one of the best supervisors i have ever worked with, its to bad the plant is heading down the road to close, otherwise i would stay another ten years. hardest thing there is working in -- 50 degree freezer boxes.
Pretty good
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 2, 2015
I liked it. There's not too much to complain about. Advancement varies widely depending on what part of the business you work in.
there is too much politics
Customer Development Executive (Current Employee), Manila, ARFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: less supervision
Cons: too much politics
a change of management a change of everything. having a sincere relationship with your customers is fulfilling and getting along with your colleagues sharing good things and hardships will inspire you to keep on moving.
Great Company, worked there 25 years at Manufacturing Plant
Controller / Financial Budgeting Specialist (Former Employee), Pagedale, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: diversified environment
Cons: some of the union people were hard to get along with
Hired as Financial Analyst, advanced to Sr Financial and Budgeting Analyst, and then, Plant Controller

I was hands on in the Accounting Department, and never asked an employee to perform a task that I had not already performed.

Hardest part of job was the month end closing...we went from a manual closing in two weeks...to computerized closing in two days;

Originally had 11 people to supervise (Acctg an IT) to a final total of six including my self.

Most enjoyable part of job were the people you worked with and interacted with in all departments
Great Company
Operational Excellence Supply Chain Co-Op (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Great work/life balance, challenging work, great culture. The hybrid layout at the office was great for interaction. Young company full of people with great ideas
management dnt care
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: evetything else
Former machine operator. Lots of favortisim. Women r not treated the same a men unless u r a party girl then u get ur way. Management will lie to get u on trouble of u stand up for yourself. Don't know from one day to the next if I r still gonna have a job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more

Unilever Salaries