Unilever Employee Reviews

Good people. Fun environment. Specific location was a little stuck in its ways. The rest of the company appeared to better at this.
Senior Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 6, 2016
Typical work day varied due to my position and the travel my projects required. GREAT people to work both directly and indirectly. GREAT work/life balance, but I had good managers. I will say, some managers were not as flexible with their groups as they should have allowed. Mine did a fantastic job with this for the most part, but other managers did not focus on results enough. Too much worry about work style/approach/fear of their low performers making them look bad.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the general work environment (meaning people, offices, and work/life balance). The hardest part is gaining opportunities to both improve skills and to be promoted.

Overall, I have found the experience positive and certainly worth the years I have spent here.
Excellent
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 1, 2016
Was a Good company with an excellent co-workers. Good environment with high opportunities of growth. Was a great company but they move from PR.
safe and fun place to work
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 26, 2016
I learned alot about machines and how to troubleshoot problems. I learned how to be safe while doing so.This team was on a new line so working with management to make a better line was very important. I loved all my coworkers. And the hardest part of this job was working all night and sleeping all day. I loved this jib so much and wished I could have worked the third shift better at that time in my life. But my children were small and it did not work out working thirds.
Pros
Got a profit share check on new product sales.
Cons
Work third shift for years and years before getting on days.
Like the Challange
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJanuary 13, 2016
Duties changed daily-R&D on new products was great. Great place to work. People were great and staff very new what to do.
Pros
PAY and Benifits very good
Cons
Worked 1 yeard with only 6 days off
Interesting positions with great exposure
Associate Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 13, 2016
Unilever offers interesting positions that give you exposure to many different areas and top management. You are given considerable latitude to pursue your own course of.action and actively encouraged to take the initiative.
Summer Intership
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Unilver Research and Development Organization - Process Development/Pilot Plant

Apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production, usually under the direction of engineering staff. May study and record time, motion, method, and speed involved in performance of production, maintenance, clerical, and other worker operations for such purposes as establishing standard production rates or improving efficiency.
Another victim to GREED by company
engineering services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2016
Management very poor.. no people skills they are driven by greed, They( management have no experience in manufacturing and pretend to know it all. Very condescending ways to deal with people.. god is watching.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
Management.. very poor
Excellent Company to work for
Operations Excellence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 30, 2015
My experience with Unilever was most satisfying. The company has high regard for its employees and provide an excellent opportunity for work/life balance. Unilever provided its employees with a vast amount of training opportunities both online and classroom. The hardest part of the job was leaving it; the most enjoyable part of the job was having been given the opportunity to freely provide input on improving the processes of my position.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Sr.Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 25, 2015
Developed and modified the Sales and Marketing on-line and batch systems. Provided analysis, design, development and support Account Receivable, Customer Credit and Promotional Payments systems.
Pros
n/a
Cons
a/a
Great people
Customer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 11, 2015
coworkers and colleagues make the company what it is and really are what make the company worth working for. It is a large and complex organization with advancement potential if you are willing to relocate.
Great Job, family atmosphere
Ammonia refrigeration Lead (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 8, 2015
Plant was closed due to lack of plant utilization. would have retired there. Great management, labor relationship. Safety oriented.
Overall great place to work
Deployment Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 1, 2015
Great work life balance, great team around me, peers and leadership. Opportunities to grow and learn at your pace and the people are amazing.
Pros
working from home 1- 2 days per week
Cons
No pention min vacation 13 days for first 5 years then 1 week for every 5 years after that
Un excelente lugar de trabajo.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, PRDecember 1, 2015
Un lugar con gran seguridad en el area laboral. Un excelente equipo de trabajo con el cual aprendi a realizar recibos, despachos a lineas de produccion y embarques.
N/A
admin/clerical (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCNovember 28, 2015
This job allowed me to learn how to work in a factory setting. Employees were very helpful with showing me how products are make within a factory.
Pros
N/A
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive workplace and enjoyable most of the time.
Distribution Coordinator/Planner (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 25, 2015
Company has a good working environment most of the time. Most co-workers are great to work with. As with other companies, there are also some red tapes and politics. Since most of the workers have been with the company for years, there is hardly any room for promotion. In general, this is still a good company to work for. It's just that our Sunnyvale, CA facility had to close down as it had to move to Kansas.
Pros
Employee benefits such as purchasing Unilever products at discounted prices.
Cons
No room for movements or promotions.
Provided support to the Safety Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILNovember 22, 2015
My manager was a great manager. We communicated very well with each other and worked well together. This was manufacturing company all the manager team were excellent to work with. We were all team members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Finance Business Partner, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Lagos, GUNovember 16, 2015
Great place to work and a company with a very high performance culture. Huge opportunities for career growth and development.
Pros
free lunch and company product pack
Cons
health care, pension
enjoy music while i work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 15, 2015
unilever was a good job. when they sold to a european country everything changed. work was getting worst not better. we were making more waste then prodoct .
Pros
company store
Cons
work too many days in a row
Fun place to work with supportive management.
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 10, 2015
Working for a company that distributes products and can be seen on a daily basis at your local stores makes you feel good about what you are making. This also makes your enthusiasm to keep quality at a high because its your signature basically by number on every bottle. Having an amazing group of people to work with daily is also a great benefit with this company. There is always laughter along with dedication to produce high and good quality products. I wouldn't consider anything about this employment as hard. It is very well operated and inspiring to continually learn more advance methods of procedures.
Pros
Excellent Company benefits with extra incentives.
Cons
Twelve hour shifts can become very long over time.
Good training ground for US marketing
Director (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 10, 2015
Great place to start your career in brand management. Hands on experience developing and implementing marketing and business plans on big brands in the US market.

Company is continuing to reduce the global brand management teams in the US - moving to Asia or UK.
Pros
Great brands
Cons
Little to no global brand experience left

4.2