Unilever
1,231 reviews

Unilever Employer Reviews

challenging place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee), Covington, TNJanuary 17, 2015
My job at Unilever was challenging on occasion, it seemed at first to provide me with opportunities for advancement, although as my hours worked grew closer to ending it became clear that there wasn't any opportunities. I enjoyed working for this company and I was looking forward to making a career there.
working at Unilever was a good place to work 100%
machine operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the company give thanksgiving and christmas dinner
Cons: i dont know i just loved my job that all
A typical day at Unilever was going to a job you love to do I enjoyed operating the machines and I look forward going to work everyday .I learned something on a daily bass like how management operated to working in the warehouse to working in production to working in office meeting. I loved working with my co-workers I get to know how they operated and how to get a long with them. Some day are good and bad but I all in a days work to me. The enjoyable part of the job was that I try to make a deference
Unilever is a company that takes care of personnel
Lead Production/Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
they respected the employees and took care of them.they be;eived in advancement from within
People some of the best to work with
Director of Retail Excellence (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: every day was a new challenge
Cons: to many restructures
Working in the field with Brokers to drive growth very rewarding.
Building a new sales strategy every 2 to 3 years with brand and brokers.
Developed senior partnerships with brokers.
Top CPG Company
Customer Business and Broker Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: company car, 401 k match
Great place to work, with advancement opportunities. Superior marketing team with forward thinking ideas. An innovative company with a great path to growth mentality.
Management needs training
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Raeford, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: bad warehouse management
The job is great if management would allow you to do your job instead of moving you around. Not a great place for advancement.
Productive and fun work environment
R&D Packaging Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 12, 2015
A great company to work for and be a part of. Employees have a sense of togetherness in all areas of the company. The only drawback was the lack of management for the co-op program, which was a little hands off and didn't suit my needs that well.
Maintenance Mechanic
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Maintain Physical Plant for Research and Devlopment Facility if Unilever PLC.
Nice
Certified Maintenance Mechanic, Instrument Tech (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Nice place to work, good people to work with.lllllllllllllllllllllllll
Break room
Freezer Stacker (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2015
It would be nice if the Break room for the freezer department was just as advanced as the other departments in the factory. The freezer workers are just as important if not more important to the company than those who actually create the Ice Cream itself.
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Being a temporary employee, I don't have much to say. Only worked at one site and everyone was very friendly and nice.
Nice people, short work period.
Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Argo, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: not manufaturing at my location
8am start day with opportunity to learn new things. This was my very first job that wasn't in a manufacturing environment.

The department that I worked in was newly formed and latter disbanded. The market that the company was in, was getting outdated.
management
warehouse production tech (Former Employee), Raeford, NCDecember 30, 2014
Cons: benefits
Worse management ever. They really done seem to care and it shows because they are just as messy as their employees. The hours are long and if you don't plan for the day right you won't get breaks and find yourself taking lunch at almost the end of the day. So many people with an unprofessional attitude and so rude. After working their I don't buy any of their products, anything with a U on it I won't touch.
Awesome company - very supportive of the community, those in need and environmentally conscious
Finance Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MODecember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, discounted unilever products at the company store : axe, dive, lipton products, knorr, vaseline, suave, etc.
Cons: none that come to mind
Unilever is an amazing company, the only reason I am not there still is that my family needed me in Springfield, Missouri, and the closest plant is 3 1/2 hours away.

Unilever is very progressive and compensates well for the work that is expected. I learned so much in the eight years I was there.

I left on good terms with management and have references to show that from the plant manager and the finance manager.

I brought with me three skills sets to market:

* Procurements: Ariba - P2P, SAP
* Accounts Payables - electronic invoicing and large purchase orders and how they interface
* Basic accounting in SAP - journal entries, reporting production, cycle counts and production monitoring from intermix to finished goods
A COMPLETE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Marketing Development Local Chief (Former Employee), HondurasDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: payment
Loved working for Unilever! It was a great learning experience. The company takes in account your abilities and skills and enhances them to their potential.
Fun workplace with great people
Chemist (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 10, 2014
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work with many types of people across different teams and was introduced to the world of consumer products.
Feels Like Home
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working at Unilever! I gained a lot experience in physical measurements of soaps, lotions, deodorants, hair care products, etc.
Great place to work.
Sr. Finance Manager (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a varied group of people on the team. Culture was based around consensus around decisions. This can be good and bad. Good in that everyone is on board with decisions and feels included. Bad in that it sometimes takes a while to reach a decision.
Highly productive work environment and top talent colleagues.
Regional Distriubtion Coordinator (Current Employee), Shelton, CTNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and unilever products below wholesale.
Cons: long hours most days and very fast paced most of the time.
Brand new organization and built for purpose agile office environment. Teams, Tribes, workbenches, adjustable desks, dual large flat screen monitors, sustainability taken very seriously as well as safety.

The best in modern technology and not constrained by S.O.P.s and job descriptions - encouraged to take leadership by actions and there is more than one way to solve a challenge.

Open environment and lots of sharing, teaching, learning and collaborating. Diverse and highly synergistic workforce.

Fun to go into the office! Also ability to work from home and many fun employee activities that build teams and camaraderie.

Job moves at warp speed with all the high tech so velocity can be a challenge while multi multi tasking!

Technology is amazing and great to have the chance to learn and operate these systems.
Hard working culture
Intern - Multicultural Marketing Department (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 12, 2014
I was an intern, so not sure that my review is as credible. My working hours were different than my team in that I would come in early and leave earlier than them but often times felt like it wasn't accepted. I spent hours outside of my office day working on my project from home. The hardest part of the job was proving my worth because I worked on a mutli-cultural marketing team that didn't look like me. I felt like as hard as I tried to learn and provide input, my ideas weren't accepted. The most enjoyable part was that it was an internship and I made friends among the other interns and other associates that I built a connection with that were alumni of my graduate school. There were fun activities for the interns to participate in. I chose not to return because the culture wasn't a fit for me and my life changed once I had news I was expecting a child.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unilever

160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, – Read more