Unilever Employee Reviews

Agile place to work
Global Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonJanuary 18, 2017
Stimulating work environment. Great brands we all use everyday. Value entrepreneurship spirit and thinking outside the box. Great tools to better understand consumers globally.
How i Feel
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 17, 2017
I worked there for 4 years it started great then it got very unorganized and more and more stressful ... I loved my job but fair is fair and equal opportunity is not present there
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
management
Nice place to work
Handpack (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Like the work environment, and co workers. I really enjoyed working the night shift. Loved being in the freezer. Learned how to drive a forklift. Had a understanding lead man,I learned a lot from him.
Very productive environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoy working for Unilever, I just need to find something that will let me spend more time with my family. I have learned a lot of computer skills as well as social skills in my time here. The people are very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is covering for absences of other employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
schedule
Sad
Unilever Employee (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 14, 2017
if it was a good group to work with would be rated A+ . But its a very unfair group I work with. Work is not evenly distributed and management doesn't want to hear it.

Unless your part of the click you get poor reviews and bad ratings I was hired to do a job not play all day. Those that get good reviews sit around literally clipping coupons 2 1/2 days per week while the rest of us get slammed with work then reprimanded for our errors.

Try to understand they never got a bad review and always got the yearly raise, you can't get bad reviews if you make no error or if you have NO WORK, (those are the employees in this group that get the good ratings the one that sit around clipping coupons and shopping and taking smoke breaks every hour on the hour and never get in trouble for being away)

So unless management changes I can't rate this department very well.

We had a fill in years ago that was wonderful but he retired you could approach him with your concerns and they weren't blasted all over the company and you weren't black balled as this management doesn't seem to realize when she tells the supervisor something even though she was told not to tell (very untrustworthy) she tells her click who tells (well you understand the telephone concept).

so good luck I hear there are many departments that are good, fun to work for in Unilever but if you try to get out of this group you get punished too. So its sad I couldn't stay with the company in another capacity. Looking to get out....
Cons
to many clicks
Good Corporation to work for
Operations - Infrastructure planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 11, 2017
I started my career with Unilever as a Computer Operator and progressed thru many job functions and was performing Operations Support and Infrastructure Planning roles when IT Operations were outsourced to HP
Great global company
Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 8, 2017
Great global company where you know and use the products everyday.

There is a role for everyone and skill. Also a very progressive company looking to upgrade living standards around the world.
Machine Operator/Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to start your career. Very good global company with long term benefits. I am looking to go with tis company and looking for areas of promotion .
Good
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Good. It was great working there. I worked in Hindustan unilever Hyderabad india. Very competitive atmosphere. Looking forward to work in similar work atmosphere.
Productive and cold
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 31, 2016
I worked in the freezer stacking Ice Cream and it was 20 below inside of the freezer work 30 minutes on and sit 30 minutes in the hotbox.
Good work life balance
Sales Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 29, 2016
Unilever is a great place to work if you have a young family. They truly preach work / life balance and are very flexible when people need them to be. Their management leaves a lot to be desired and advancement is impossible for the average person.
Hard work and little compensation
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
Learned so much and gained valuable experiences. Hard work
isn't recognized unfortuneately, and combined with the low pay,
bad hours and fearful employee culture, this wasn't a job I'd
recommend.
Pros
valuable experience
Cons
low pay, bad hours
Ideal work place
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 14, 2016
The pay is very competitive, great people, management is very forward thinking. Best benefits I have ever heard of including 9% matching in 401k and 3 for 1 stock offering.
fun place
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNDecember 14, 2016
had a lot of good benefits and always room for advancements had a lot of discounts on products for the employees. They had company parties once a year where you could bring your family i didn't like the fact that we worked so many hours
Horrible Management
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 1, 2016
The culture is great and the company does fun things for their employees. The management and HR are horrible though. You are never working hard enough or doing enough for anyone there. They like 22yo's and like to groom them so managers are 26 and have zero management or life experience. They are all about the metrics not having a happy work/life balance.
Pros
company store
Cons
management, no raises, bad balance between work/home life
Unilever is a professional global organization.
Consumer Services Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 21, 2016
Unilever is a great place to work if you like being part of a global corporation. The company has great benefits for salaried employees, and encourages personal development.
Pros
Great product line, company store and cafeteria.
productive and fun environment
Data Entry Technician/Research Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 18, 2016
fun fun fun place to work. Lots of challenges, if I had a question, someone was always there to assist. Great place to work.
I wished I had stayed living in NJ, I would have loved to retire from this company.
Good Place to develop your career
FP&A Director (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 16, 2016
Scope of roles have great depth and breath.
Colleagues & Work Environment are positive nature
Good Products and Innovation pipeline
Great Diverse Culture
Pros
Great People, Great Opportunities
Cons
Not Applicable
Stressful and hectic
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 16, 2016
Too much to accommodate within a small amount of time, pushing one to either work consistently during off-work hours or fall behind.

Lack of appreciation for work done stemming from a fundamental lack of understanding of effort involved in accomplishing tasks.
Great first shift hours.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2016
Cleaning offices the hardest part of the job climbing three flights of stairs 8 to 10 times a day. the most rewarding part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working 3 weekends a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2