Union Bank Employee Reviews

The entire system is resulted oriented, employees contributions are highly appreciated
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Union Bank of AfricanNovember 24, 2016
My typical work is to profile a client and identify the client needs and determines which our products, we offer can meet the identify need of the clients. This help me to pay a clear attention to the need of the client. Because, it is a win win situation. I must satisfy the client need to earn the client revenue. The management responses are some time exercise excessive pressure on us but that is what marketing is all about which is result. My team are understand because each member knows what the goal is and exhibit attributes of a whole which is better than sum of individuals. The most interesting part of the work is to meet the need of my client. This is Hahahaha moment to me!
high security
Club Manager, Oakland Hills Tennis Club (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 19, 2016
Balanced Deposits on daily bases.
A deposit could be over a million dollars.
Balancing deposit and hand counting money.
Also strapping money to put in main vault.
Pros
close to home
Cons
better workconditions
Overall good experience
AVP Cash Management Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2016
The team and management I worked with directly as well as other divisions overall found to be very positive. Focus was on improving processes to make everyone's job better. My immediate manager was great, but has retired. Have friends there and know they are going through a restructure right now.
Pros
Good Pay and can buy 1 week of added vacation
Cons
IT has to much control of how things are done
Fun place to work with opportunity to grow.
Licensed Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2016
Day to day work activities can become monotonous, however, it is an enjoyable job with opportunity for personal and professional development.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Want to improve without making changes
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Monterrey Park, LANovember 15, 2016
The people I worked with were reluctant to change. Huge sums were wasted on inefficient projects; some were canned and had to be replaced; one dragged on for more than three years even though it could have been completed in less than a year.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Benefits were continually being cut
Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2016
This Place is really good for beginners
Helps people to learn things
Co operative and team building is good
Work environment is really nice
A slow paced job
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2016
My advancements with this company were swift. However, the overall career movement long-term was not congruent with my career goals. I wanted more opportunities for the future.
always get good respones from clients.
PC Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2016
my job is fun , helping with the tickets and always get good respone from clients. It seems like everybody is busy and doing their work. I do get help form my lead for any questions,
Nice company.
temp csr (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2016
Fast paced friendly work environment; great for a temp. The corporate office and all the branches are located on the west coast. Working at the Norcross location can make one feel a little out of touch with company matters.
Strict working environment
Administrative Specialist/Remittance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work requires completing a production log, not being outspoken and dealing with poor management teams.
Pros
Participation in the yearly Heart Walk
Cons
Minimal chance for career growth
A decent place to work for
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2016
It was a long time ago. I have had a few jobs since then so this has not been on my mind in a long time. I would say that the staff was fun and friendly, but t was a very rigid schedule.
Pros
Working with other business professionals
Cons
Not a fun industry
Remittance Specialist / Office clerk
Remittance Specialist / Office clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2016
 Handle confidential information in line with the bank data, following security protocols.
 Enter sales data, personal and financial documentation into the bank platforms.
 Fill, fax, and answer phone calls, emails and requests for multiple database systems.
 Responsible for various accounts. Balance and reconcile deposits.
 Batch pull, check and preparation for be processed by mail office at the end of the day.
Productive and fun place to work
Officer Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 21, 2016
My typical day at work consists of working with Partners day to day, I learned how to proactively manage a book of 240 million. My co-workers are fantastic.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Lots of Buckets to fill. Revenue goals are high
Pays very well, but not enough room for growth and very poor banking system
Sr. Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 19, 2016
I was a Sr. Relationship Banker and really enjoyed helping people and all the perks that Union Bank gave their employees. But that's about it. Growth opportunities were very limited as Union Bank only has about 400 branches in California, Oregon, and Washington. The systems are the absolute worse that I have ever experienced. Nothing ever seemed to work right, and it seemed no one ever cared about the issues. The justification was that it would cost to much to change it, but at the same time, Union Bank spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) on employees perks, such as lunches and dinners, outings, prizes, etc. And although I did enjoy those benefits, it didn't make my job easy. Communication between departments was very broken, the left hand never seemed to know what the right hand was doing, and there never seemed to be a sense of urgency to get things done, even when the customer was sitting right in front of you.
Management was more concerned with being out in the community as the face of Union Bank, but it rarely resulted in new business. It seemed more for appearance than for business growth. But this meant that managers did very little to manage their branches, except complain about their numbers, but were never there to help out.
Pros
high salary and lots of emplouyee freebies
Cons
poor managment, antiquated banking systems, and poor communication
Great intern experience
Teller Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed interning for Union Bank. I learned a lot about Customer Service and general banking knowledge. While working along side some of the nicest co-workers.
Good Place to work, good enviorment, great team!
Lead Teller Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 8, 2016
Good place to work. Nice environment, good place to grow! managers care about you and are willing to help you succeed. They also will train you in what you want for your career.
Good place
Customer Service Rep II/Online Banking Rep II (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 8, 2016
Good place to work, learned a lot of my customer service skills at this place. Wish things would have been kept the way they were when I first started but new management had other ideas..
Great company
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CASeptember 5, 2016
good people to work with and bank values are very stable. Banking is constantly evolving but Union is a great place to work.
Snakes!
Branch Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 26, 2016
This company is full of heartless and backstabbing individuals. They allow incompetent management to retain their positions even if they do not deserve to.
Wire Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 24, 2016
A very high energy place to work, a very high volume of incoming calls to customer service center. The most rewarding part of this job was helping customers