Union Bank Employee Reviews

Enjoyable, but temporary
FDIC Audit Compliance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 23, 2017
This job was balanced and constant but not overwhelming. The environment was pleasant as were the employees, both temp and permanent. All employees were willing to assist each other and train as needed.
Pros
Work and it's environment and employees
Cons
Being a temporary position
na
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 22, 2017
The pay is fair, I am interested in shifting the operations side, I like sales but we are turning into a wells fargo branch and I would be happier with customer service
Fun and enjoyable
Merchant Teller/New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CASeptember 21, 2017
I worked as a merchant teller for many years. I would help all merchants with large transactions. I would also take other customers when needed. It was fast pace and at times stressful when busy. I moved to new accounts rep and learned to help customers with their financial needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and getting to know them. I made many friends while working there. The hardest part of the job is watching others not treat a customer with the respect that they deserve. I feel that all customers deserve respect whether they are homeless or not. I love our management team. They were always willing to help you when needed. It was a great experience overall.
Pros
times
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 21, 2017
I support the Director of a sales team. I manage the meeting and travel calendar, schedule events and registrations, and process expenses. The job is demanding but, the environment is good.
No room for growth
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 19, 2017
Union Bank used to be a good place to work. Recent changes have changed the culture and put a lot of pressure on sales.
There was no room for growth in operations only in sales if you got lucky and the time worked in your favor. Constant layoffs, no stability, no room for advancement. Horrible upper management which created a bad culture.
Pros
Benifits (which are changing but is currenlty decent)
Cons
Constant layoffs, no stability, no room for advancement, Horrible upper management which created a bad culture
Great company to work for
Analyst/Supervisor - Customer Service & Research (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy working with Union Bank. I truly feel a sense of support in reaching my goals. Union Bank offers workshops, career building, great benefits, community inclusion, and partakes in Six Sigma.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and global vision
Cons
Commuting times can be challenging- some locations are in very busy areas
Good place to learn a lot
Compliance & Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2017
It was a great learning experience. I left because I saw the opportunity to expand my skillset and work in a completely new environment and get better compensation for my work and accomplishments.
Not good
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
Very stressful environment with long hours. Management is weak at best and the culture prides stupidity and cronyism. You'll find huge turnover except for the lifers who make the place suck. Overall the worst working environment I have ever been in. Starts with most of the executives coming from country wide and not realizing that they lucked into a career instead of having any skill or intelligence what so ever. Cause a financial meltdown, then quit, take a year or two off, then brag about absurd profit growth, land a job at Union Bank.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Everything else
Diferrent culture that what I'm accostumed to
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 12, 2017
Long customer maintenance issues, high goals, not enough support to achieve the goals. Different culture, demographically not used to different culture, unable to speak the language.
Pros
Free Lunches on occasion
Great Place
BRANCH SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2017
Overall this is a really good company to work for, it really takes good care of you. The only difficulty is the short staffing which can be difficult at times but other than that it is a really good company to work for. You know what is expected, management is overall good, and it has a family community.
Pros
accountability, family community
Cons
short staff
Politics politics politics
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2017
Back stabbing, lie to your face management. Our small group was great but the upper management and their politics prevailed. The head of marketing had no marketing experience, personal projects were placed ahead of the bank's projects.
Job and Culture
Financial Consultant, Wealth Markets UBIS (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
Strong team environment. Main issue: Job security and turnover are big issues that need to be addressed with several projects given last minute notice before termination.
very slow paced company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 5, 2017
Very slow paced company, yet very efficient work. loved working business hours form nine to six. great employees and co workers as well as management.
Good Company, Loyal Customers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2017
Different than most retail banking. Union Bank has very loyal customers so you usually see the same faces every week. I've noticed that the company doesn't like to hire people outside the bank & would rather hire within. No surprise because customers get upset when they see new faces at the Windows. Union focuses more on customer service than any other bank I've been to. Sale goals are not impossible to reach so they do expect you to meet them. Management is very helpful & will not leave you alone. Over all great company if you want to enter banking.
Pros
management, good hours
wonderful manger and place to work
Sr. Teller (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 28, 2017
wonderful manager and great place to work a little busy but great environment great employees. Customers are very nice.At times it was challenging because you had to open account and it was hard most of the customers were already have accounts.
Pros
wonderful manager and great place to work
Cons
hours you didnt have a set hours
Great place
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 25, 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent with Union Bank. competitive pay and had some great leaders. Great place to gain knowledge and a deeper understanding of the financial industry.
Pros
great place to learn, good environment
Cons
products dont match sales focus
good
Appraisal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 25, 2017
I do recommend working for Union Bank. I learned so much and willing to go back. It was like a school to me and like the people that I worked with . Great place
Pros
Good Place to work for
Productive and Social
Mail Sorter Intern (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 23, 2017
Didn't do much here besides carry mail from floor to floor. Very chill employers here. Very diverse. Open time to do a lot of things. Mail Assorting in the mail rooms gets intense when packed.
Pros
Free time.
Cons
Long. R
Great place to work, great co-workers, great hours
Note Dept. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my years at Union Bank. The work keeps you busy everyday. You have deadlines to meet as well as balancing your cash box daily. Never boring!
Pros
Great banking hours
Cons
Need to meet deadlines. Can be very stressful.
Great Company to work for!!!!
Employee Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
I loved every day working at Union Bank and learned a lot there and was promoted within the company. All of the management was great and the work culture was awesome. I don't remember there being a hard part to my job, I enjoyed every part of it. All of my managers at Union Bank were amazing.
Pros
Management, benefits, culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank. Our community is ready to answer.