Union Bank

Union Bank United States Employee Reviews

Very professional
SENIOR TELLER - RIVERSIDE (Current Employee), CAApril 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working in the banking industry. They challenge you to go above and beyond. It is very highly rated on customer service and appearance..
Good Experience
Assistant Vice President RBCM (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaApril 9, 2015
Management was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Was given opportunities to advance within the organization.
Great Company, many job opportunities
Insurance Processing Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very large Bank with many financial banking opportunities
Cons: Not many job opportunities with flexible hours.
I was employed at Union Bank from 1989 - 2006. Many great opportunities to work within the financial banking industry, particularly the Mortgage Banking.
Strong Bank
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAApril 8, 2015
My co-workers were great and truly cared about our clients and what was in their best interest. I wished Union Bank hadn't closed sooo many branches.
Currently do not recommend
Operational Risk Management (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Not what was expected. Culture has drastically changed in the past year, unfortunately not for the better. Focus in only on work.
Fun, Productive and Enjoyable place to work.
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Century City, CAApril 6, 2015
Flexibility to manage your own book of business makes it easier to achieve goals. Management is awesome and love the open door policy.
ETL Developer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
The worse bank I ever worked for!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Pay is decent, benefits are decent.
Cons: Micromanaged, terrible systems, all about numbers!
Micromanaged too the extreme. No life balance, or concept of the human aspect of things. Everyone is disposable and they make that clear. Leadership is horrible. Think twice before accepting a position here. They claim to be all about Service, but it is all about sells sells and more sells! 3 to 4 conference calls a day! You will receive emails 24-7 if your a manager!
Typical Large Bank With Unfocused Management
Data Architect (Contractor) (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: location and pay are great
Cons: projects come and go
Some teams and departments are great, some are deplorable. (It took 2 weeks to get my PC set up / then I had a good team and got a lot done.) Management is all about bureaucracy and budgets. Uncoordinated initiatives start and stop; contractors come and go.
Very good place to work at. The Management team work with their employees.
Legal Process Representative (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: lunch area available
I learned to work in many different areas because of the opportunities I was given by the Managers at Union Bank. I was given the opportunity to advance within the Bank.
Union Bank
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great learning experience, nice enviornment, great co-workers, fun and enjoyable work
Cons: upper management
Union Bank is a very professional place to work. The co-workers and most of the management are friendly people who genuinely want to see you grow and succeed. I learned how to use Quick Books and Quicken, about banking and the rules each bank must follow. The hardest part of the job was probably learning Quick Books. It really isn't easy at all, but when you finally learn it, you don't forget. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that I had made. I'm still friends with most of the people I met there. Team supervisors and Team Leads are pretty nice people.
I worked as the business development office for the company.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
Although, I worked very hard and not only met but exceeded my goals but because of the banking crisis my position was eliminated and i was let go.
I loved this job!
Vault Teller III, Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: holidays off with pay, great salary, vacation time
Cons: nothing!
A typical day at work involved processing deposits and reconciling large amounts of currency. I learned the technical aspects of the machines we operated, and took great care of them to achieve maximum productivity. Positive associates in a fun, clean safe work environment. Management was extremely encouraging and outgoing. It was the best job I ever had!
Fast paced environment with new management
Project Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 4, 2015
The ITG department is going through a transition and experiencing some rough patches. Business partner's trust in the bank is lacking and causes a lot of micromanaging.
CHALLENGING & PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Monterey Park, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: opportunity for overtime
My typical work day includes/included:

• Field phone calls from customers inquiring about their account

• Open new accounts by reviewing legal documents

• Process fund transfer requests; validate authorized signers and account balances

Management deals with employees professionally & is always there for to answer any questions.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Great start out job
Teller (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: works will avaliabtlity
Cons: young management
the workers there are very immature and the enviorment is alot like highschool. the pay is very low and you dont get garentteed hours. the management is very young therefore its very immature.
Not much to say
Accounting (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Only worked here for a number of months. Not a very good indicator for how company actually works

I'm sure it's a great place to work.
hi
Branch Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Solana Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Greeting and conducting transactions base on the limit and approving checks for deposit based on
entitlements and available customer balance deciding based on using bank computer programs to
determine customer relationship.
▪ Referrals, and sales bank products, credit card and accounts, dealing with complicated situations
effectively and communicating with co-workers in solving customer issues and provide great customer
service.
▪ Filling out wire transfers, printing wire repost make sure they follow the government and bank financial
regulations and ordering foreign currency. Look over accounts and prevent any frauds such as tax and
customer information. abide by federal regulations in managing customer accounts.
▪ End of the day procedure, balancing cash and cash machines, scanning works.
▪ assisting branch manager in operation, managing tellers, wire transfer, performing a variety of tasks
including, responding to customer inquiries, processing transactions, customer requests, resolving
difficult/complex issues, and making quality sales referrals.
Great work environment
Teller (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing teller transactions. We would be required to sell bank products and open new accounts. I learned about cash handling at this job and excellent organizational skills. My coworkers were very professional and hard working. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all my paperwork was correct and my cash was balanced. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team.
Loved it...until
Teller (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits and hours
Cons: if you don't fit in they let you go
I absolutely loved this job. I had never worked in a bank before and I was excited to get started and learn new things. Was on a great path and finding my niche. Arrived to work on time, if not before I was scheduled to work. Made conversation with my customers while I helped them with their transaction and was pretty impressed that I could learn who the regulars were in a short time.

When I asked questions they were answered and the management was fantastic. I thought I got along with everyone, because all of us are unique and bring something different to the work atmosphere. I was getting comfortable in my surroundings and digging my feet in for the long haul. Then it happened, with no warning. I finished my shift one Thursday and went home. I arrived at work the next day for my shift, earlier than I was scheduled and was brought into the conference room. I was told by the Branch Manager and Business Manager that I was not a good fit for the company and was being let go. Haven't been able to find work since.

1 2 3 4 5

About Union Bank

Union Bank is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, – Read more

Union Bank Salaries