Union Bank Employee Reviews in United States

keep your nose to the grind
Sr. Quant, VP (Enterprise Risk Manager) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2015
very hierarchical place. Old guard, who used to do business based on handshake, is retiring, being replaced with new, aggressive, folks, who are less civil. A lot of do-it-my-way-or-a-highway attitudes. There are some pockets of sanity and nice co-workers here and there.
Pros
large performance bonus
Cons
lousy health insurance
Vault Teller
Item Processing Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2015
As a Vault Teller. I had to process the ATM envelope. I process the cash and check from the envelope to the customer account.
Pros
Two 10 minutes break
Cons
One 30 minutes breaks
Fast pace work environment
Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CANovember 19, 2015
Receive first class and registered mail to inspect transactions and contents to determine if acceptable for processing by adhering to customers instructions. Remove contents of assigned customer mail received, ensure that items to be processed, signature and not post or stale dated. Operate personal workstation for inputting, editing, and capturing customer transactions; ensure a balance form exist by validating onscreen and or output reports against check and batch totals. Provide customer service responding to customer inquiries regarding research, adjustment, and return item processing.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Temporary job position
Serves its purpose as a bank.
Sr. Relationship Banker/Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 14, 2015
Archaic systems, but has all the options other banks do. All products and easier to implement.

Overall great bank to work for.
Complete Understanding of Banking
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2015
I am going on my second year at Union Bank, and I can honestly say I have learned more about finance here than at my previous bank jobs. That being said, it is a tough place to work at. You need to know what you are talking about, and you have to possess the drive to want to succeed.
Solicits, prescreens, underwrites and manages commercial real estate loan requests on multifamily, mobile home parks and commercial properties that me
VP Sr. CRE Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 10, 2015
It was a privilege to work for such an amazing company. There were many changes made in the years during my tenure. As a Lending Officer the challenge I experienced was with ultra conservative lending requirements.
productive
Consumer Asset Risk Mgt Spl (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2015
management is supportive and my co-workers are supportive too nice place to worth with although sometimes its hard to comprehend
Pros
christmas parties outside of the bank
Cons
observe your daily breaktimes
Family atmosphere
Bank /Customer Service Representative Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, TNNovember 8, 2015
The Bank is "us" not "them" We are all there for each other, including management. I have always been treated fairly and I can talk freely to management about any problems that come up.
Pros
Very understanding regarding family emergencies
Cons
Can't think of anything serious
productive work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 5, 2015
great company to work for, I've learned to manage my time with daily work flow and be available to coach employees to perform to there best ability.
My Review
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
Everyday at work is a learning experience. When you interactive with the public you are automatically able to learn from others so does other learn from you.

The great thing about my job is that we have over 60 years of experience, hence a large Knowledge Base system. We learned from each other better ways of communicating with customers and also different tactic of getting the job done right the first time.

The hardest part of my job is when you have unhappy customers that there is not anything you can you to assist.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having a '10 moment' with a client that you never consider as a 10 moment and the customer really appreciate it and tell 10 other potential customers. I get to retain this client and is introduced to 10 others customers. This is considered as a long lasting relationship. Thats the reason im a Relationship Banker

Also when i can determine a client's need before the client ask for my assistant.
Great Job out of College
Investment Officer, Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2015
Was fortunate to end up after the first year in a clerical position to be mentored by the best bond trader and investment banker on the west coast at the time..Taught me the business inside and out,.

The learning experience was second to none.]
I studied international politics and law and wound up learning the bond and investment business. Meeting some of the most successful movers and shakers in Portland.l
Pros
Wonderful learning and met some life time friends
Cons
Limited upward movement at the time
Teamwork enviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVOctober 30, 2015
Good work experience gained from this employer. Nice environment to work in. Made business deposits everyday. Learned how to deposit, transfer, and withdraw money. At times it can be fast paced but for the most part it was not a hard job. Learned the banking ins and outs quickly.
Long days
CSO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2015
I loved working there I knew all my clients and my clients loved me and trusted me to help them with account issues. I disliked that there was to many chiefs and not many Indians lots of work and always be-hide dead lines upper management always picking at tellers for petty things.
Pros
long days and long hours not org
Cons
fun place to work
This is speaking for the private bank segment NOT UB as a whole
Private Bank Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 19, 2015
A huge disconnect from sales to service. Very scary for clients and their well being. No organization and not the right people in the right field of work. Mixed messages on day to day tasks.
Pros
My hub was in a great location beverly and wilshire
Cons
no support
Trust Officer
Taft Hartley/Labor Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2015
I love this place, and I wish I never left. Great management, great people. Great learning environment! I would go back if they asked me.
Pros
team players
Cons
long commute
Retail banking
Branch Service Officer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 12, 2015
it a typical 9-5 work week, staff is mostly a good place to work with.
Currently advancement are hard to get.
The hardest part of the job is meeting sales goals.
Meeting new faces and working with great customers is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Holiday paid days
Cons
Job security
Great Comapny to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley CAOctober 12, 2015
Management was very knowledgeable and friendly, work are very clean, break are was neat and clean, co-workers friendly.
Benefits
great place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2015
processed loan documents mainly commercial construction loans, handles all construction draw request, pay contractors per pay application request. balance general ledger account in accordance to construction per draw request
Pros
secred position
Cons
Excellent work environment. Lots of fun.
Senior Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 8, 2015
Union Bank allowed me to grow my customer service skills. They are a great company to work for. The flexible scheduling allowed me to get through school.
Lock Box
Lock Box (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work is, work is very busy at the beginning of the month. My job mainly is using sorter machine to sort the checks with coupons and the other payments and when I am done with that I help out to post payments, add payments and encode payments.

Regarding my coworkers we all work together to make sure the payments are posted on time.

The hardest part about my job is when it is very busy like quarterly payments are do, and if we are short in personnel we have to make sure work is done on tome. Enjoyable time being busy.