Union Bank Employee Reviews

Nice place but too slow
AVP, Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Immediate management team was strong. The product line up was good at best. The underwriting and company's communication was poor. The bank feels much older than it is and needs to improve with product line and it's ability to make decisions FASTER. Too slow for today's market.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Slow people in important jobs
Good Benifits
Sr. Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Cash handling, customer service, balancing vault, great team work, great benefits. Apply within makes it easy to move up in the company.
Fun environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Fast pace environment, rarely not occupied with customers. Best boss in the world. One of the best branches to work for. Very competitive with the other employees trying to get your sell.
Union
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Unlike many financial institutions Union Bank has some serious tenure in employees. The company compensates well and provides incredible health benefits. However because of this, upward mobility is difficult and the company is rather bureaucratic in their efforts to promote employees.
Pros
pay, coworkers
Cons
job security, slow mobility within company
Solid
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Overall, a very solid Bank. A little too politically correct for my taste. New HR leadership was good for San Francisco PR but the truth is well managed.
Pros
Solid Institution
Cons
Undercurrent: corporate culture is politically biased.
Sales Oriented
Bank Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2016
No upward mobility as they have eliminated all positions between entry level and supervisor. There is just no way to advance through the company. Entry level now has to do more of the duties from the positions that were removed at a lower rate of pay. This is a horrible business practice.
Good company. Good benefits.
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2016
Good, stable environment. Union Bank takes care of their employees. Benefits are good. A lot of long time tenure at the bank.
Union Bank works well with your schedule, home, school, appointments, etc.
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 14, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work. Staff is friendly and always trying to meet our customer's needs. Benefits are great! Definitely, Our number one priority is our Customers, Customer Service, Balancing, Policies and Procedures.
Pros
Customers, Benefits, Great Staff
Cons
Not enough yearly vacation
Mufg
Account Reconciliation Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland CADecember 2, 2016
MUFG Union Bank was a good company to work for with many opportunities to grow. MUFG is currently moving the majority of jobs out of California and losing a lot of talented employees.
Pros
great bebefuts
Cons
moving location out of California
The entire system is resulted oriented, employees contributions are highly appreciated
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Union Bank of AfricanNovember 24, 2016
My typical work is to profile a client and identify the client needs and determines which our products, we offer can meet the identify need of the clients. This help me to pay a clear attention to the need of the client. Because, it is a win win situation. I must satisfy the client need to earn the client revenue. The management responses are some time exercise excessive pressure on us but that is what marketing is all about which is result. My team are understand because each member knows what the goal is and exhibit attributes of a whole which is better than sum of individuals. The most interesting part of the work is to meet the need of my client. This is Hahahaha moment to me!
high security
Club Manager, Oakland Hills Tennis Club (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 19, 2016
Balanced Deposits on daily bases.
A deposit could be over a million dollars.
Balancing deposit and hand counting money.
Also strapping money to put in main vault.
Pros
close to home
Cons
better workconditions
Overall good experience
AVP Cash Management Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2016
The team and management I worked with directly as well as other divisions overall found to be very positive. Focus was on improving processes to make everyone's job better. My immediate manager was great, but has retired. Have friends there and know they are going through a restructure right now.
Pros
Good Pay and can buy 1 week of added vacation
Cons
IT has to much control of how things are done
Fun place to work with opportunity to grow.
Licensed Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2016
Day to day work activities can become monotonous, however, it is an enjoyable job with opportunity for personal and professional development.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Want to improve without making changes
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Monterrey Park, LANovember 15, 2016
The people I worked with were reluctant to change. Huge sums were wasted on inefficient projects; some were canned and had to be replaced; one dragged on for more than three years even though it could have been completed in less than a year.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Benefits were continually being cut
Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2016
This Place is really good for beginners
Helps people to learn things
Co operative and team building is good
Work environment is really nice
A slow paced job
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2016
My advancements with this company were swift. However, the overall career movement long-term was not congruent with my career goals. I wanted more opportunities for the future.
always get good respones from clients.
PC Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2016
my job is fun , helping with the tickets and always get good respone from clients. It seems like everybody is busy and doing their work. I do get help form my lead for any questions,
Nice company.
temp csr (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2016
Fast paced friendly work environment; great for a temp. The corporate office and all the branches are located on the west coast. Working at the Norcross location can make one feel a little out of touch with company matters.
Strict working environment
Administrative Specialist/Remittance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work requires completing a production log, not being outspoken and dealing with poor management teams.
Pros
Participation in the yearly Heart Walk
Cons
Minimal chance for career growth
A decent place to work for
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2016
It was a long time ago. I have had a few jobs since then so this has not been on my mind in a long time. I would say that the staff was fun and friendly, but t was a very rigid schedule.
Pros
Working with other business professionals
Cons
Not a fun industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval