Union Bank Employee Reviews

Not stable
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 20, 2015
Too many layoffs going on, many branches closing
Limited room for growth
Not stabled
Much favoritism
Many changes with out notifying
Great Job, Excellent Experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge Island, WAAugust 10, 2015
Union Bank is a great employer, and has provided me with a vast array of both sales and operational experience. I enjoy expanding my knowledge of our products and services, while performing transactions throughout the day. While customer referrals are a focal point; client confidentiality is the number one priority. I have a great deal of respect for both Union Bank and my customers, and understand that the protection of their personal information is extremely important. I am very grateful for Union Bank and all the opportunities they have offered me.
Effective managers provided growth potential to team members.
Assistant to Equipment Leasing Mgr (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Effective managers provided growth potential to team members.
Continuing education relevant to duties was encouraged.
Best Job I ever had.
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa Ca.August 5, 2015
I loved working for this company best place to work. Everyone got a long like best friends also was able to touch a lot of different technology's.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Job Security
good bank and great culture
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2015
good bank and great culture, besides work company has multiple company events for its employees like cookouts and sporting events
Very Formal and Strict
Executive Assistant to SVP, Market President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Though the title may imply it's a negative environment, not so. The bank is owned by very old traditional culture. Union Bank prides itself on its ethics.
Pros
Always knew what to expect
Union Bank
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 23, 2015
Union Bank is a great company to work for. I have worked there for many years and I am very happy. They are a very reputable company and I adhere to those standards.
Productive and Sound Place To Work
Senior Recruiter, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2015
Exciting place to work with supportive management. Respect is always an important aspect of all interactions with employees and management. Union Bank is a place where you have the potential to learn, progress and growth.
Great work culture
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 21, 2015
Great management and team. Not much room for advancement or progression through the company however. No micromanagement and set the expectations within reason.
Excellent atmosphere in the company and open communication
Controls and Evaluations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2015
One of the best companies I have worked for where I enjoyed going to work everyday. Management is supportive in career advancement.
A conscientitious employer
Senior Recruiter, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2015
Union Bank is a good employer where ideas are heard and considered. All individuals are respected and encouraged to active participants.

The Bank is in growth mode and is a stable company to work at. People work hard and are thoughtful.
excellent place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  LagosJuly 17, 2015
i have learned to be courteous at this job, the feeling of going the extra mile to help my customers and having great co workers to help get the job done was fulfilling for me
review
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 13, 2015
It is a great company but they downsize to the point where it is very hard to run business as normal.

Day to day interactions now are spent more time behind the teller line than conducting sales.
Interesting
Legal Process Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Union Bank and after working there for over 16 years, each day presented a new experience and a new learning experience.
Pros
We were allowed to learn from and teach to each other in order to improve our work process.
Cons
When the department closed, the company did do enough for the employees to secure employment.
How I feel about my current job
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 10, 2015
Each day I come to work and assist clients with their financial needs, whatever they may be. I have learned a lot working for Union Bank the past five years. Organizational skills, time management, people & leadership skills. I have always been lucky to have a great management team and excellent co-workers. The hardest part of my job I would say is the staffing. At times we have people come and go, not that they aren't reliable but when they either quit or get fired, it can double even triple my workload. Which in a way can be a good thing because I have learned how to work at a fast pace and to also defuse upset people. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients. I make sure when they come in with an issue, their issue is solved by the time they leave. That's what gives me satisfaction knowing they leave with peace of mind and one less thing to worry about in their life.
Python Developer
Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
• 7 years of experience as a Web/Application Developer and coding with analytical programming using Python, Django, C++.
• Experienced with full software development life-cycle, architecting scalable platforms, object oriented programming, database design and agile methodologies
• Experienced in MVW frameworks like Django, Angular JS, Java Script, JQuery and Node.js.
• Expert knowledge of and experience in Object oriented Design and Programming concepts.
• Experience object oriented programming (OOP) concepts using Python, C++ and PHP.
• Experienced in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, Python/PHP) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python/PHP) Architecture.
• Experienced in developing web-based applications using Python, Django, PHP, C++,XML, CSS, HTML, DHTML, , JavaScript and JQuery.
• Experienced in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications with Apache.
• Well versed with design and development of presentation layer for web applications using technologies like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
• Familiar with JSON based REST Web services and Amazon Web services.
• Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
• Experience in writing Sub Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Functions on MySQL and PostgreSQL database.
• Worked in agile and waterfall methodologies with high quality deliverables delivered on-time.
• Maintained detailed documentation and architectural solutions in IT infrastructure and sales systems.
• Very strong full life cycle application development experience
• Experience with continuous
  more... integration and automation using Jenkins
• Experience with Unit testing/ Test driven Development(TDD), Load Testing.
• Created video publishing toolkit using Wordpress (PHP/MySQL) and JavaScript to allow easy uploading of video by non-technical content mangers.
• Developed a data migration feature using GZ File Compression and AES 256 encryption.
• Developed the required XML Schema documents and implemented the framework for parsing XML documents.
• Involved in Unit testing and Integration testing.
• Developed ColdFusion Components , custom tags and modified CF Objects.
Wanna get *ucked up then join here
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  445 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90071July 6, 2015
Why there is no option to give 0 star .

Joined here as Software Programmer. Biggest mistake I did to join here . I had offer from fox media but I rejected it & join here.
Employees are considered as slave . Worst for contractor . No appreciations for hard work .
0 Security they just fired me without giving any notice. I did my work without any fault still .

Please stay away from this company ...! You will not get anything except regretting about your decision after joining here . they even not paid me for my last business day.
Pros
0 Pros
Cons
Count less Cons
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJuly 2, 2015
Great team players, Working in depend. Meeting as needed. Great communication with the Teammates. System very easy to navigate.
This job was different from working for any other bank. This was a locally owned and operated.
Benton Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 1, 2015
The job for this bank was so enjoyable. Working for this bank gave you a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. When help was needed it was received. My co-workers were nice, helpful, fun to work and understanding if something needed to be done immediately.
Pros
Hours, pay, amazing people to work for and with.
Cons
There really were not any cons working for this bank.
Great benefits
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Ladera Ranch, CAJune 30, 2015
A company that gives employees great benefits and a relatively secure job. Position, giving a sense of accomplishment. I learned to work in a team and take enormous responsibilities by working as an officer. We have to micromanage ourselves and be responsible for our own decisions. I also learned how to be proactive and creative, making my best to serve our customers and meet their financial needs.
Pros
Great bonuses and flexibility in term of making decisions
Cons
Lack of clientele makes the job more difficult in terms of meeting our goals