Union Bank

Union Bank Employer Reviews

Stressful and micro managed
Account Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2014
The job pays ok but no advancements and management is really hard on you.
Fast-paced
BOS Customer Service Associate - Legal Procecss (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: there is a gym in the building
Cons: larger workload
Very busy, fast paced environment with a voluminous workload
Good
QA Analyst (Current Employee), NYAugust 12, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Provide complex day-to-day back-office retirement plan
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego CAAugust 7, 2014
Processed invoices that required special attention, needed to buy or sell stocks depending on the invoice.

Labor management client account supported and manaed 80 opertional accounts and performed daily cash receipts and disbursements balancing and financial reporting.

Balanced end of months report and forwarded them to admins and clients.
Good advanced technologies
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Good advanced technologies. Nice team to work with. But management is not good. Work/Life balance is hard. Need to put extra hours.
good place to work
Customer Service Utility I (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good moral
Cons: very fast pace but cant really call that a con
Liked my managers they were very friendly and helpful
great community experience
helpful co workers
learned a great deal
Great Company to work for
Customer Service and Sales Associate (CSSA) (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: works with you and schedule conflicts
Cons: hours are limited
suitable for students and those who do not wish to work full-time
You will learn new things everyday
AML Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2014
Overall is a bussy place to work, very quiet environment. I enjoyed working here.
Micromanagement, stressfull, instability, unrealistic expectations
Former Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee), East BayJuly 23, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: micromanagement, unrealistic expectations, job instability
Coworkers are nice overall. However, the typical corporate politics rule the roost. The District Manager in the East Bay is an unrealistic micro manager who practices favoritism...especially to "certain" females. The goals are also unrealistic just like most banks. They also have too many employees who should be retired...and favor them ahead of the younger talent. Be wary of this company and the managers in charge. If you are looking for a career opportunity to grow quickly, this company is NOT the place to be.
busy and fast paced work environment
Bank Service Specialist (Former Employee), Santee, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: develop great customer service/ computer skills
Cons: short lunches
Typical day at work involves helping customers process transactions,
had to learn tons and memorize plenty
management was great, very fun
co-workers are fun to be around
the hardest part of the job was not getting sick since money is super dirty

most enjoyable where the potlucks we would have at work
Enjoyed working here.
Senior Customer Service Representative/Unit Leader (Former Employee), OaklandJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company, opportunity for advancement, great resources.
Cons: lack of job security
Great atmosphere and overall great company to work for. Flexible with schedule.
Productive Workplace, Network with Communities
Remittance Specialist II (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 2, 2014
I enjoyed my employment with UB due to the diversity and career development enriched opportunities.
My Career
Branch Service Officer (Current Employee), San YsidroJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pension was changed.
I have been working for this company for more than 10 years, I started as a part timer teller and throughout my career I have had several positions and I have been able to move into different directions within the company. As a Branch Service Officer I'm in charge on working and coaching the tellers as well as managing the branch.
Customer Service is our top priority, we have to excel in our day to day to satisfy our clientele by bringing a top of excellence service.
Throughout my span with them, I have been able to overcome situations in which clients are not happy with certain experiences (overdraft fees, etc), but with my knowledge I have help them with their finances which is my priority.
FAST
Processor IP (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJune 24, 2014
ALWAYS A FAST PASTE ENVIRONMENT. MANAGEMENT IS GREAT. GREAT HOURS FOR THOSE WHO NEED A NIGHT JOB. EVERY ONE THERE IS VERY FRIENDLY.
Learning experience
BUSINESS ANALYST, PROJECT LEONES (Current Employee), Monterey Park, CAJune 16, 2014
Good benefits and opportunities to learn project management and specialized analysis
Besides these changes great place to work.
Processor II (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: very close to home.
Cons: lots of changes happening which lead to being laid off.
Worked for Union Bank back office. Very friendly place to work. Did a variety of back office functions from cash reserve approvals to bond redemptions, ect.
STAY away from this department!!!!
Account Representative II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: brand new facility
Cons: hostile work environment
This department is their collections department, very stressful place to work at. Management is never on your side, slaved driven, hostile work environment managed by a nasty unprofessional person. I'm sorry to sound like this but it's true. High turn around , majority of employees out on stress leave
Lot to learn,fun and full of activities
Acted as Team Lead (Current Employee), California,CAJune 8, 2014
Testing the software a cutoff times like midnights to check the system responses.

The management is good and repsonds very quickly.
limited technology and a very gossipy enviroment to work for
Customer Service Manager / Branch Service Officer (Former Employee), Petaluma/San Francisco/Vallejo/San AnselmoJune 4, 2014
Pros: the compensation was excellent
Cons: certain people believe in absolute control which ruins the working enviroment
Since I was moved a lot from branch to branch I learned many different skills. I closed one office, while asked to help build an office that had only been opened for several months. I learned the importance of really interviewing your candidates to the best of your ability because they may not always be forth coming during the interview. I grew in my management capabilities as well as in my over all personal growth in banking. When working in San Francisco the hardest part of the day was the commute combined with the long hours and road construction since my branch was not close to the financial district. I enjoyed working with a handful of my coworkers who really embraced the ideals of team work and cooperation. I even helped one of my tellers gain a promotion in the back office where my teller is flourishing. I enjoyed building relationships with my customers, yet I did not stay in any location to truly build enough rapport with them.
Great place to start...
Branch Service Officer II (Current Employee), Cypress, CAMay 29, 2014
Working for a bank is alot of Customer Interaction and sales. Even being on the operations side you are given sales numbers and goals that you need to meet.I have 4 Direct Reports and the most rewarding part of the job is helping them grow and motivating them to be the best they can be. I enjoy the creative aspect that is given to me at times where I can write scripts or campaign contests for the teller, create some marketing for the branch as well.

About Union Bank

Union Bank is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, – Read more

Union Bank Salaries