Union Bank Employee Reviews

This company is vey good environment
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2016
I am very happy to work with this company. I learnt new things a lot.
Management is very friendly.Work culture is very nice.
Loved working here
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I have been with Union Bank for 3+ years and love my job. I work with two departments and help with facilities needs as well for my floor. Unfortunately my position has been eliminated. I would love to find another position with the Bank if possible
Pros
Great people and good working environment
Cons
Pay is a little low, but benefits are great.
Productive working under pressure
Sr. Cognos Developer/Modeler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
It was amazing working with union bank. learnt many things. worked with new versions of Cognos. worked under good team.we use to work together.
Fast pace work environment
Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CANovember 19, 2015
Receive first class and registered mail to inspect transactions and contents to determine if acceptable for processing by adhering to customers instructions. Remove contents of assigned customer mail received, ensure that items to be processed, signature and not post or stale dated. Operate personal workstation for inputting, editing, and capturing customer transactions; ensure a balance form exist by validating onscreen and or output reports against check and batch totals. Provide customer service responding to customer inquiries regarding research, adjustment, and return item processing.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Temporary job position
Excellent place to work
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2015
Log in pick the phone and wait for call in a call center, greet clients answer question and fil out mortgage loan application, follow up with loan processors and maintain the client informed of the approval to close the loan.
Pros
Pay, breaks, and healthcare was great
Cons
Unable to take lunch with co-workers because of the call center
keep your nose to the grind
Sr. Quant, VP (Enterprise Risk Manager) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2015
very hierarchical place. Old guard, who used to do business based on handshake, is retiring, being replaced with new, aggressive, folks, who are less civil. A lot of do-it-my-way-or-a-highway attitudes. There are some pockets of sanity and nice co-workers here and there.
Pros
large performance bonus
Cons
lousy health insurance
Great Job out of College
Investment Officer, Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2015
Was fortunate to end up after the first year in a clerical position to be mentored by the best bond trader and investment banker on the west coast at the time..Taught me the business inside and out,.

The learning experience was second to none.]
I studied international politics and law and wound up learning the bond and investment business. Meeting some of the most successful movers and shakers in Portland.l
Pros
Wonderful learning and met some life time friends
Cons
Limited upward movement at the time
Solicits, prescreens, underwrites and manages commercial real estate loan requests on multifamily, mobile home parks and commercial properties that me
VP Sr. CRE Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 10, 2015
It was a privilege to work for such an amazing company. There were many changes made in the years during my tenure. As a Lending Officer the challenge I experienced was with ultra conservative lending requirements.
Office Environment
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Very relaxed environment, do you work and no one bothers you. Many changes in management, no one stays around to long. positions replaced by contractors.
Pays very well, but not enough room for growth and very poor banking system
Sr. Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 19, 2016
I was a Sr. Relationship Banker and really enjoyed helping people and all the perks that Union Bank gave their employees. But that's about it. Growth opportunities were very limited as Union Bank only has about 400 branches in California, Oregon, and Washington. The systems are the absolute worse that I have ever experienced. Nothing ever seemed to work right, and it seemed no one ever cared about the issues. The justification was that it would cost to much to change it, but at the same time, Union Bank spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) on employees perks, such as lunches and dinners, outings, prizes, etc. And although I did enjoy those benefits, it didn't make my job easy. Communication between departments was very broken, the left hand never seemed to know what the right hand was doing, and there never seemed to be a sense of urgency to get things done, even when the customer was sitting right in front of you.
Management was more concerned with being out in the community as the face of Union Bank, but it rarely resulted in new business. It seemed more for appearance than for business growth. But this meant that managers did very little to manage their branches, except complain about their numbers, but were never there to help out.
Pros
high salary and lots of emplouyee freebies
Cons
poor managment, antiquated banking systems, and poor communication
Did not appreciate customers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 13, 2016
although very strict with rules and regulations this company had no respect for longevity of customers or customer relations. There was more emphasis on selling products than creating customer relationships.
Lock Box
Lock Box (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work is, work is very busy at the beginning of the month. My job mainly is using sorter machine to sort the checks with coupons and the other payments and when I am done with that I help out to post payments, add payments and encode payments.

Regarding my coworkers we all work together to make sure the payments are posted on time.

The hardest part about my job is when it is very busy like quarterly payments are do, and if we are short in personnel we have to make sure work is done on tome. Enjoyable time being busy.
Corporate environment with little regard for staff input
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Difficult to make changes in an environment where staff input is never considered and everyone is to afraid to make mistakes. To many leaders and not enough staff to complete the actual work.
Open a branch
Adminisstrative specialist/ Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2015
typical day is opening the branch, customer service, cash handling , drive up essentials. Lunch and customer service some more and than wrapping up and closing procedures. Than home sweet home.
Pros
work environment
Cons
angry customers
Productive & fun place to work
QA Lead / ScrumMaster (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
The best part of the job is it doesn't feel like a job at all. Everyday offers something different & all the "todays" excite me more than "yesterdays"
Complete Understanding of Banking
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2015
I am going on my second year at Union Bank, and I can honestly say I have learned more about finance here than at my previous bank jobs. That being said, it is a tough place to work at. You need to know what you are talking about, and you have to possess the drive to want to succeed.
Family atmosphere
Bank /Customer Service Representative Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, TNNovember 8, 2015
The Bank is "us" not "them" We are all there for each other, including management. I have always been treated fairly and I can talk freely to management about any problems that come up.
Pros
Very understanding regarding family emergencies
Cons
Can't think of anything serious
part time
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 14, 2015
good place to work for. my typical day was assisting customers with their banking needs and concerns. management was good. they were there for you to make everything easy for you. coworkers were good team players.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
part time 20 hrs a week
Long days
CSO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2015
I loved working there I knew all my clients and my clients loved me and trusted me to help them with account issues. I disliked that there was to many chiefs and not many Indians lots of work and always be-hide dead lines upper management always picking at tellers for petty things.
Pros
long days and long hours not org
Cons
fun place to work
Lack of work
Administrative Specilist l (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 29, 2015
Well this Company is ok, the only problem is they have no more volume, also they have favoritism with employee's. I been traine on very simple jobs, nothing challenging my skills, the hardest part of the job is Management, they descriminate. low Ethic of fear treatment with employee that they don't like, they think we are not just qualify people to perform some jobs, no chance or opportunities to change shifts, and very depressing time during regular hours.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Require Lunchs and brakes by Law.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank. Our community is ready to answer.