Union Bank Employee Reviews

Hard work less pay
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2017
I am warning those that are in operations, automation is taking over our positions. I work here almost 9 years and no growth. Its unfortunate that atm's are taking over our job.
benefits
Cons
job security
Contractor to hire for one year never hired
Bank Operations Support | Union Bank Contractor (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJune 20, 2017
I came aboard to the company as a contractor to hire with 22 years in banking industry. I expected to be hired and three to six months based on a recommendation that I receive from an old friend that was working as director at Union Bank period however there were some issues with the Department that I came into and some Miss managing of staff. The manager let go several people in advance of a department move out of state. But what she didn't count on was that the rest of the staff would be looking for new positions that did not move out of state. And therefore we became extremely understaffed and she had to bring in more contractors and extend my contract even though she was not able to hire me since I was not going to move out of state.
Pros
Coworkers were great many wonderful people working at the bank
Very progressive company
Customer Service Officer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2017
This was the job that taught me a lot and prepared me for the fast paced world of cash handling and finance. The management team was exceptional in every way. I was able to climb the corporate ladder with a lot of support and giudance from the management staff of UB.
Pros
Always a helping hand.
Cons
Wish they had more location around the country.
Union Bank- people oriented
VP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
Union Bank is a small west coast bank. If you work hard you can move up and the pay is comparable but the incentives are below average of the market in Los Angeles.
A good company to work for over all.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 9, 2017
A typical day at work is ever changing, challenging and fun with customers needs and concerns to be met.

I learned how to interact with a diverse, and unique clients.

Management can be fair majority of the time.

I've always worked well with others and the workplace culture for the most part has been well rounded.

The hardest part of the job is to sell loans and meet goals when many clients don't qualify and are declined.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the customer contact with the diverse and unique public.
Pros
Customer appreciation Days
Cons
Costs of Health Insurance
Bad training and incompetent management
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 4, 2017
The summary pretty much says it all. I enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with, but as far as the training process and the way each manager had such a different way of doing SOP's, it makes job security seem unreachable
Laid Back
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rolling Hills Estates, CAMay 31, 2017
As a teller the job is fine, there are your regulars that come in and its really slow in the branch, all in all chill place and pay well, and they pay for branch dinners
Pros
good pay for teller, benefits, freebies
Cons
no room for advancement, low traffic
Nice place to work for.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 30, 2017
Very nice place to work for. Growth within the company. Great hours 8 to 5 weekends off. Many locations to work for. Great for any age group and students.
I have enjoyed my experience at Union Bank
Administrative Specialist/Teller (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 30, 2017
Pleasant work environment. I learned a lot about banking transactions and customer service. Management is unstable. Branch closure took place while employed. Relocated to another branch, but hours cut down. While employed at two branches, both were without a manger which put a vision for branch and team success at a standstill. Possibility for promotion or upward movement is limited. However, working with teams has been very enjoyable.
Fun
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2017
Union Bank was a fun workplace. Consisted of cashing and depositing money etc. Very easy job. Management was great to work with and very helpful. Alot of room for growth
Pros
reputable stable job
Cons
pay
Productive & Great place to work
Bank operations (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 25, 2017
Management is great, there is always room to grow within the company. Its a fast pace environment so your day goes by fast. There is always something new to learn here.
Pros
work with a great team
Cons
moving to Arizona
productive and fun place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
it is good working with unionbank. the team lead and my project manager are very helpful and professional. the team that i worked with are very hard working and self-motivated.
Teller
Peak Time Teller and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 23, 2017
I was a teller and sales rep, I enjoyed the client base. I enjoyed the flexibility while I was a student and they also helped me pay for my education.
Great place to work!
Relationship Manager II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2017
Absolutely loved working for this company! Fantastic compensation and benefits. Flexibility to create and maintain a good Life/Work balance and growth opportunities.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Compensation
Cons
Commute
Productive and Fast Pace
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAMay 19, 2017
Very customer service oriented, repeat of customers, close knit of employees and customers, fast pace, very busy, detail and accuracy is a must. Managers are very helpful, Challenge myself every day to meet my sales goals for the day and month. very good company to work for.
High stress, low reward
Sales Associate / Sr. Teller (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 18, 2017
I had the opportunity to sell to our clients (top sales month over month), however Union Bank promotes based on how long you have been with the company, not with performance.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Too big of gap for promotion
Amazing
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
Company of the future, king of banks in California as the biggest bank in this state, amazing ethics, good to work for, fun to work for fun to have the opportunity.
Great Overall
Financial Services Officer and Bank Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 9, 2017
They were all about training their employees and helping them advance in their future with the company. Managers seemed to all be on the same page. Products and services are top of the line.
Pros
Products, advancement opportunities
Productive, talented team
Sr. Sw. Engineer & Sr.Tech. Project Mgr. (Current Employee) –  San Diego, California (USA)May 9, 2017
I am fortunate to be on a team of talented, hard working professionals who continually deliver quality projects on time and on spec. A true team effort.
Pros
Flexible hours, telecommuting encouraged
Cons
There are red tape implementation exercises, as with any bank
Best Company to Work for
Retail Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
This company was fantastic to work for. Managers were always on queue and pay and stability was solid. Training and culture were great. Has small company feel but a big company presence.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, advancement, teamwork
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Bank. Our community is ready to answer.