Union Beer Distributors

Union Beer Distributors Employee Reviews

Overall experience was positive
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2015
The company is awesome with lots of room for growth or pursuing other opportunities in the beer Industry, however the management is over bearing and is guilty of micro managing.
Extremely fast paced job
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay for mba, fellow employees
Cons: long hours
You must be able to think on your feet and have a working knowledge of the entire operation. The ability to multitask is essential and you must be willing to learn.
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), 1412 grand st, brooklyn, nyDecember 4, 2014
I really love to work in this company. Free beers, good management, training, orientation, and benefits. The only bad thing is that you work a lot, but the salary is low. I was a sales Rep. and I have to used my car to perform my job. Even that they give you back the gasoline expenses, it's still low because the car devaluation, parts, and mechanics work.
Work Independently
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: long work hours
Started my day early usually at my first account at 7 and would not finish my day till 6PM. You are expected to step up to the plate and take care of any issues that may arise with your accounts. Luckily I had a good team but the long work days and sometimes going without any lunch in order to meet deadlines and complete all my job duties in a day was the downfall.
great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: bad
this one of the best job i work for it is in new york city so if your are in nyc this is the job for you.
Rediculous scheduling
Picker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2013
They expect some employees to come in Sundays from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. and be back Monday at 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Every day was a new day, always learning and growing.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2013
Pros: insurance/benefits
Cons: long hours
Long hours and you learned to make decisions on the fly and had to be able to make decisions yourself. All departments are in different locations so there is not a tremendous amount of contact with other employees but you learn to be strong and independent.
Energetic and motivated group
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2013
This is a company which puts great value in all employees. Work ethic trickles down from upper management through every level of the team. It is a very enjoyable place to work.
Lots of cursing, managers do not listen, quite frankly managers sit and stare at computer screen
Operations inventory (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: lots of cursing. offensive environment for some
Cons: being treated like your a no one by management. a lot of judging
Night crew is great
Being in the union is great, although managers will treat you like scum. Sometimes you may sit back an wonder, how did a person with no communication skills whatsoever gain a highly communicated position. Lot of young kids that live to experiment, and you the employee I left in the tail. Unless ofcourse you've been there for 20plus years

December 16, 2013

This is great information. It looks like the rest of the feedbacks are all positive, probably because the individuals writing them are scared to write anything otherwise. Scared because they are threatened by upper management on a daily basis to do as told, and if not well, we will make sure your future employer is aware. Lets not be foolish, Union Beer is not a good environment, other employees, including all of of the union employees will tell you the same. Be thankful that you were able to surpass your time and get into the union. Night crew is a great help, Management if you read this please live by "Don't Do Unto Others, as You Don't Want Done To Yourself". As for MGT, they come and go, put more pressure/work on management and they will turn real quick. Don't forget most of the management have no experience whatsoever. Its been great hope this will help

Driver Helper
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2013
Loading & Unloading truck, checking Money delivering beer
enjoy working there great experience
Warehouse/Hilo driver/Loader (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great experience
Great company,cool mangers enjoyed my time there.
It felt like a family no stress. you were able to go work and get job done.And company made you feel like you belonged.
Great first job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2012
Pros: free product samples
Cons: no company support, use your own vechile
working for Budweiser was a great experience
learned how manage a territory

Union Beer Distributors Salaries