Union College Employee Reviews

Director of Campus Life (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJanuary 15, 2016
They abuse their best workers, and play favorites. I was terminated without any warning right before Christmas 2015. I would not recommend anyone to work there, nor to go to school there.
Great Research Environment
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 17, 2015
The facilities at Union are top-notch and you have the opportunity to work one-on-one with experts in their respective fields. Great exposure for students to learn about academic research.
Accepting and Fun environment; Small School, small opportunities
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYAugust 24, 2015
Staff, faculty and management are very kind and have open door policy.

School struggles with finances so programs underfunded and lots of work to get any progress with goals

Low pay for everyone but people stay due to their commitment to students.
Pros
Open door communication policy, people are trying to do their best
Cons
Not much revenue so low pay and difficult to finance programs. Lots of changes, very often.
Teaching at Union was rewarding because of my personal commitments, and because I had motivated students.
Professor of Congregational Care (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJune 2, 2015
The Union College teaching experience was professional, and a fun experience. Nothing about the experience was hard. I connected with my passion for clinical pastoral theology and pastoral counseling ministry in the local community from the social location of pastor in community.
Fun work place with many nice people.
Biomedical Science/ Pre-Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 14, 2015
Union College is great environment to work in. People here are so nice, they are always willing to help you if you have any questions. I like it here. I learn from my work place and my school environment.
Student Athletic Trainer
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYFebruary 28, 2015
I would help the school's athletes with their injury rehabilitation and pre-competition warm-ups. I learned many rehabilitation techniques for all areas of the body as well as advanced first-aid and life saving techniques. My management was the Athletic Training staff I learned a lot from them as I worked by their side with various sports teams. The hardest part of the job would actually be when I was learning everything in the classroom. My favorite part would have to be putting everything I learned into practice right after I learned it.
Pros
a lot of hands on activities
Encouraging and Inquisitive Work Culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Co-workers were as passionate and as curious as I was about the fascinating condition that is Synesthesia. We were able to gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of having Synesthesia by analyzing their performance in multiple working memory tasks.
good job with a secure institution
Supervisor Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 15, 2015
small liberal arts institution, good working environment with a family atmosphere.
super productive workplace
Volleyball Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYNovember 27, 2014
Fun workplace with volleyball girls
work like a team
organization
to be playing with my girls
a typical workday
Researcher of Human Behavior and User Experience (Former Employee) –  schenectady nyOctober 28, 2014
Fun but hard work. I worked really hard but everyone was great to work with- really inspirational.
Wonderful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 9, 2014
Great people, great community, great students. Great place to work.
Easy Position, no advancement.
Nighttime Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 28, 2014
While the college has a great benefit package, advancement and base pay, especially for hourly employees, leaves much to be desired.
Pros
great helthcare, free education, free food and young working enviornment.
Cons
no advancement.
Treated me as if I was family
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 6, 2014
Learned how to use Microsoft Excel and computer better. Would say this was the hardest part of my job
Was treated like I was wanted every day
If I made a mistake management didn't give me a hard time.
Was greeted well everyday I walked in
Pros
long breaks, allowed to leave early when work was completed
community setting
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laguna, CAMarch 25, 2014
community oriented setting of the school, fun and one must posses strong personality to cope of life in the school setting.
Pros
community oriented school
Cons
no over time pay
Great environment and Great People
Academic Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJanuary 24, 2014
Overall one of the best places I have ever worked for they always make you feel like part of the team.
Productive, enjoyed time with co-workers
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 20, 2013
I have enjoyed working for Union College mainly because of their very flexible time schedule, they knew I was trying to finish school so they understood when I needed to get off on some days. My co-workers i enjoyed very much, everyone was was, helping me with questions I ever had. Hardest part of the job was being sent out on a job and not having the full knowledge I needed to complete the job, I also worked by myself most of the time, so it took longer to do most jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish a job and having the satisfaction of seeing it work. I learned how to be productive with my time, not being ashamed to ask questions when I don't understand something, and I feel I received more knowledge from working than I did actually being in class.
Pros
very flexible time schedule
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Productive work place
cook / house keeping (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 11, 2013
There was always something to do no idle time which was good made the time go by faster. I learned team work. Management was always there for you needed help on or off the job.My co-workers were the best we all worked as a team we helped each other out if we needed it.The hardest part for was when we were sthrt handed and had to do extra work. Which ment you had to rush to get it done.Which ment oyu could not do quality work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
benefits
Cons
shortbreaks
Life enriching
Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 7, 2013
Union College is a tremendous institution. The people and values associated with this fabulous school are top rate. This experience provided me with significant professional and personal growth.
Associate Dean of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 1, 2013
Very busy
intimate office
good leadership
room to move around
can spread out to other offices
Pros
working with good people
Cons
work on most national holidays
great people to work with
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJune 28, 2013
Everyone feels like family. Co-workers are always there to help in your time of need.

4.3