Union College Employee Review

View all Union College reviews

Treated me as if I was family
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 6, 2014
Learned how to use Microsoft Excel and computer better. Would say this was the hardest part of my job
Was treated like I was wanted every day
If I made a mistake management didn't give me a hard time.
Was greeted well everyday I walked in
Pros
Long breaks, allowed to leave early when work was completed

Other Union College Employee Reviews

negative environment
Lead Cook/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 18, 2018
I loved working at Union College until the inexperienced food service company came in. They had little knowledge of food safety, or perhaps just didn't follow food safety standards. They also mistreat long time employees resulting in a mass exodus of the higher paid kitchen staff. It is a popular belief the trustees approved this unsavory tactic. The college is definitely putting the bottom line above food quality, safety, and loyalty to the food service workers, and any other support staff. They run the college like a business, which is fine if you are administration or faculty. The staff gets good benefits because they give staff the same benefits as the professors, but the benefits are getting worse and worse and more expensive.
Pros
nice 401k, 4 months off per year
Cons
4 months off per year with no pay, Being treated like an inferior by a majority of the administration, Poor treatment by inexperienced food service company.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 15, 2018
Good Christian environment, friendly people, and a great place for innovation in academia.

If you have a passion for making a difference in education and championing students, this is a wonderful spot for you.