Union College Employee Reviews

grounds
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Working with grounds was a good experience. Friendly work environment and enjoyably consistent workload. Professionally run establishment with great people to work with.
Laboratory research experience
Summer Research Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Routine days with work intensity that varied depending on success of research studies or what remained to be completed. Worked regularly with a research advisor who directed and assisted with most tasks.
Educational
Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Union College is like working in a small city with a very interesting work load of projects...but if you are looking for excitment with advancement I suggest looking within General Industry
It's a productive and fun place to work at and go to school. It has a very happy environment with friendly people.
Desk Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Girls DormSeptember 27, 2016
I really loved working at union and being able to be apart of their student body. They treat their students and workers with lots of respect. I enjoyed answering the phone and also assisting the residents in the girls dorm.
Pros
I get to interact with lots of people on the phone and in person.
Cons
Pay, Money goes to school bill
All things Audio and Video
Electronic Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJuly 20, 2016
Manage and operate a large scope of technical video and audio equipment in the classroom and off-campus environment including major campus events such as commencements and convocations..
Excellet Resources
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 26, 2016
Performing research at Union College is great: the campus is beautiful, the facilities are top notch, and there are plenty of very qualified personnel to assist.

If there is space for improvement, I would encourage more funding or support for research efforts. Housing and meal plans would be a great help, because the compensation for research is modest to begin with.
Pros
Scientific Facilities, Professors, and Campus
Cons
Funding and Support
provide a good working and school environment
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYMay 30, 2016
learned new skills
busy environment
enjoy working with staff, faculty and students
peaceful atmosphere
Clean environment and helpful surrounding
great management
Love to go back
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 25, 2016
Would love to have opportunity to go back to Union College. Left for lack of advancement but staff and community was great to work with.
Student
student (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 21, 2016
Truly and education that has provided the tools needed to succeed in the work place and all other aspects of life. Very good school.
Director of Campus Life (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJanuary 15, 2016
They abuse their best workers, and play favorites. I was terminated without any warning right before Christmas 2015. I would not recommend anyone to work there, nor to go to school there.
Great Research Environment
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 17, 2015
The facilities at Union are top-notch and you have the opportunity to work one-on-one with experts in their respective fields. Great exposure for students to learn about academic research.
Accepting and Fun environment; Small School, small opportunities
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYAugust 24, 2015
Staff, faculty and management are very kind and have open door policy.

School struggles with finances so programs underfunded and lots of work to get any progress with goals

Low pay for everyone but people stay due to their commitment to students.
Pros
Open door communication policy, people are trying to do their best
Cons
Not much revenue so low pay and difficult to finance programs. Lots of changes, very often.
Teaching at Union was rewarding because of my personal commitments, and because I had motivated students.
Professor of Congregational Care (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJune 2, 2015
The Union College teaching experience was professional, and a fun experience. Nothing about the experience was hard. I connected with my passion for clinical pastoral theology and pastoral counseling ministry in the local community from the social location of pastor in community.
Fun work place with many nice people.
Biomedical Science/ Pre-Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 14, 2015
Union College is great environment to work in. People here are so nice, they are always willing to help you if you have any questions. I like it here. I learn from my work place and my school environment.
Student Athletic Trainer
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYFebruary 28, 2015
I would help the school's athletes with their injury rehabilitation and pre-competition warm-ups. I learned many rehabilitation techniques for all areas of the body as well as advanced first-aid and life saving techniques. My management was the Athletic Training staff I learned a lot from them as I worked by their side with various sports teams. The hardest part of the job would actually be when I was learning everything in the classroom. My favorite part would have to be putting everything I learned into practice right after I learned it.
Pros
A lot of hands on activities
Encouraging and Inquisitive Work Culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Co-workers were as passionate and as curious as I was about the fascinating condition that is Synesthesia. We were able to gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of having Synesthesia by analyzing their performance in multiple working memory tasks.
good job with a secure institution
Supervisor Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 15, 2015
small liberal arts institution, good working environment with a family atmosphere.
super productive workplace
Volleyball Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYNovember 27, 2014
Fun workplace with volleyball girls
work like a team
organization
to be playing with my girls
a typical workday
Researcher of Human Behavior and User Experience (Former Employee) –  schenectady nyOctober 28, 2014
Fun but hard work. I worked really hard but everyone was great to work with- really inspirational.
Wonderful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 9, 2014
Great people, great community, great students. Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2