Union College

Union College Employer Reviews

Student Athletic Trainer
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: a lot of hands on activities
I would help the school's athletes with their injury rehabilitation and pre-competition warm-ups. I learned many rehabilitation techniques for all areas of the body as well as advanced first-aid and life saving techniques. My management was the Athletic Training staff I learned a lot from them as I worked by their side with various sports teams. The hardest part of the job would actually be when I was learning everything in the classroom. My favorite part would have to be putting everything I learned into practice right after I learned it.
Encouraging and Inquisitive Work Culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Co-workers were as passionate and as curious as I was about the fascinating condition that is Synesthesia. We were able to gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of having Synesthesia by analyzing their performance in multiple working memory tasks.
good job with a secure institution
Supervisor Campus Safety (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 15, 2015
small liberal arts institution, good working environment with a family atmosphere.
super productive workplace
Volleyball Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee), Barbourville, KYNovember 27, 2014
Fun workplace with volleyball girls
work like a team
organization
to be playing with my girls
a typical workday
Researcher of Human Behavior and User Experience (Former Employee), schenectady nyOctober 28, 2014
Fun but hard work. I worked really hard but everyone was great to work with- really inspirational.
Wonderful
Security Officer (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 9, 2014
Great people, great community, great students. Great place to work.
Easy Position, no advancement.
Nighttime Supervisor (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: great helthcare, free education, free food and young working enviornment.
Cons: no advancement.
While the college has a great benefit package, advancement and base pay, especially for hourly employees, leaves much to be desired.
Treated me as if I was family
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Barbourville, KYApril 6, 2014
Pros: long breaks, allowed to leave early when work was completed
Learned how to use Microsoft Excel and computer better. Would say this was the hardest part of my job
Was treated like I was wanted every day
If I made a mistake management didn't give me a hard time.
Was greeted well everyday I walked in
Productive, friendly work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 3, 2014
Pros: laid back environment
Working here is great because I get to work with fellow students. There is always something new to learn from supervisors or workmates.
community setting
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee), Laguna, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: community oriented school
Cons: no over time pay
community oriented setting of the school, fun and one must posses strong personality to cope of life in the school setting.
Great environment and Great People
Academic Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Barbourville, KYJanuary 24, 2014
Overall one of the best places I have ever worked for they always make you feel like part of the team.
Productive, enjoyed time with co-workers
Network Technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 20, 2013
Pros: very flexible time schedule
Cons: short breaks, low pay
I have enjoyed working for Union College mainly because of their very flexible time schedule, they knew I was trying to finish school so they understood when I needed to get off on some days. My co-workers i enjoyed very much, everyone was was, helping me with questions I ever had. Hardest part of the job was being sent out on a job and not having the full knowledge I needed to complete the job, I also worked by myself most of the time, so it took longer to do most jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish a job and having the satisfaction of seeing it work. I learned how to be productive with my time, not being ashamed to ask questions when I don't understand something, and I feel I received more knowledge from working than I did actually being in class.
Productive work place
cook / house keeping (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: shortbreaks
There was always something to do no idle time which was good made the time go by faster. I learned team work. Management was always there for you needed help on or off the job.My co-workers were the best we all worked as a team we helped each other out if we needed it.The hardest part for was when we were sthrt handed and had to do extra work. Which ment you had to rush to get it done.Which ment oyu could not do quality work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Life enriching
Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 7, 2013
Union College is a tremendous institution. The people and values associated with this fabulous school are top rate. This experience provided me with significant professional and personal growth.
Associate Dean of Admissions (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: working with good people
Cons: work on most national holidays
Very busy
intimate office
good leadership
room to move around
can spread out to other offices
great people to work with
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYJune 28, 2013
Everyone feels like family. Co-workers are always there to help in your time of need.
productive and fun at times
Runner/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 20, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: didn't have social life
Liked the job,but the management didn't really care at all about people's social lives.
Very different, College Atmosphere
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: environment, staff
Cons: limited growth
There were pressures to get he work done, as well as to be involved with the college as a learning institution. Taking classes and furthering your degree were of importance.
Union College
Associate Head Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYFebruary 22, 2013
AWESOME place to work!! Great people and even better students.
Learning experience
Dining Hall Supervisor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 7, 2012
My first foray into the corporate world. Learned tons. Found what it takes to run a dining hall.